Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The first steps on a long journey [Darron Wraith]

@[member="Darron Wraith"]

The Jedi Temple Hangar Bay

The cool breeze buffeted her Cloak as it swept down into the hangar of the Jedi Temple. Around her stood some small ships, mostly of ones she did not know. But like all hangar bays the place is busy with crews servicing ships, refueling and running diagnostics on all controls. She was told to meet here, but little else.

A ship, but which one she did not know, designed for training. Master Darron Wraith has accepted her to train with him and she is most honoured and humbled by it. She has never met this Master, only through communications so she will recognise him. But know the man?, she does not. So yes... she is nervous, for more then one reason. With the recent events in her life and Syn's, now come to an end of sorts, there was still much to be done with that. Also quite simply because of the reputation of the man and by the nature of what she is about to train in.

While she waited she took hold of her lightsaber and gave it one last check for any need of repairs, before she is satisfied. She had already done this a few times already, but it allowed her a distraction from her nerves. Her training to begin with the basics, and over time she hoped to started the journey .. the long journey .. to achieving a level of proficiency that would serve her well. If she is to Master this form, then the journey at least, starts now.

There was no armor on the man on this day, no bracers. Instead, he was dressed in plain Jedi robes. Varying shades of brown and black were present on his outfit, and he didn't wear a cloak. Instead, his long tawny locks were in braids that fell down his back and shoulders. The nearly two meter tall Jedi Master walked through the halls, not saying a word. What was about to take place was something he had been meditating on for years. The man who had taught Darron Vaapad, Quel-Jinn Lorn had long passed from this galaxy. Quel had searched for decades to find a pupil who could handle the form that only a handful of individuals had mastered. It was the form that Mace Windu himself had created, and Wraith had possibly found someone he could pass his skill on to to keep the chain going? Only the Force knew the ending to this story, Darron was instead focused on the beginning.

Moving with the grave of a trained warrior, the pair of electrum-plated lightsaber hilts on his waist bounced with each step. His right hand was covered, the glove strapped all the way to his elbow. It's braces were hidden under his sleeve, and he preferred that prosthesis he was stuck with was kept a secret. Shame wasn't the emotion he felt, it was just a reminder of his life before he had been frozen for two decades. Not a soul, save for Teferi Efreet and Je'gan Olra'en had known him before he had been re-awoken three years ago. Both were now gone, and Darron preferred to be remembered as the code following Jedi he was now. His early struggles with his power, the Force, and his emotions were best left in the past.

His mind cleared, and the walls around his feelings fortified as he walked up to @[member="Iella E`ron"], and he didn't utter a word for a moment. He just stood, and let his sphere of responsibility spread out. The silence was comfortable, and he considered the woman next to him, and he could feel the lives within her growing. Finally, he turned, and stretched his gloved hand out for her to take in greeting. "I'm Darron Wraith, and you must be Iella?" A ghost of a smile crossed his serene features, before dissapearing as he released his grip. "Do I need to ask you why? Or do you wish to share why you wish to learn about Juyo and Vaapad?"

"I am indeed Iella E`ron, Master Wraith", she simply replied with a respectful bow after the hand shake. This man now standing before her all business from the start. She took in a deep breath, there are many reasons why she wanted this, from the improvement of the Jedi Order to personal. She stood straight and looked him in the eyes, considering the man for a moment. She is aware that she needed to gain his trust and respect, as he did her. This is an element of Iella that she does not give lightly and even he, one of the more respected and admired Masters in the Order needed to do. But this goes both ways and Iella knew just by his countenance, that he would not suffer fools lightly, if at all, and immediate honest is required from her. And so she would give him that.

A smile turned the corner of her mouth. "Knowledge", she began. "Many things in this galaxy strive toward destruction of all things, we the Jedi, are duty bound to fight against such things, whether it is other beings that thwart the lives and peace of others or events beyond the control of most of us, but that is what we do. In order to better myself, so that I might be able to defend those that are in need, to be the best I can be for them. Not to do so, I consider to be a dereliction of duty to all citizens of the galaxy and to the Jedi. It is only through knowledge that one can achieve this. I do not wish to remain ignorant. I operate under the banner of the Jedi Code of old, the current code the Order has is noble enough but I do not consider it a Way, but more of a directive. The old code for me, give me the tools to be able to achieve the new code. But it is more than that, it is a way of life for a Jedi, or for anyone that wishes it", she paused for a moment. Considering her next response.

"I have many reason Master, that being the primary one, but I will not keep anything from you, as I know you need complete trust. These forms will test me, push me to places and limits I have yet to go. But I believe I have the fortitude to do this. On a personal level, I now have things in my life I will need to protect", her hand went to her stomach for the moment, "And they will be equally as important to me as the Jedi and duty, I know I tread a fine line with this, I am not unaware of it, but I assure you I remain vigilant of it ... .... as does Syn. You might be wondering why I did not ask Syn to train me in this, as you know he is more than capable to do so", she smiled more warmly now at the thought of him.

"Vigilance .. my vigilance is the reason I did not ask him. Oh he would train me if I asked him, I have no doubt of that, but I believe it would place him in conflict. Conflict to protect me and the life growing inside me, knowing full well what this training will involve, and the places I will have to go in order to achieve a level of skill, whether I master it or no, would place him in a difficult position. If the situation was reserved I would do the same for him. I may be wrong but I can not run the risk that might see him in danger". she stopped now.

"I hope that answers you. And if there is more you need, then I will be happy to give all honest answers". She said with a small smile.

OOC: @[member="Iella E`ron"] (I'm sorry, kind of was doing a terrorist attack with Jacen.)

IC:

Perfect, that's exactly what her answers were. Wraith unconsciously turned towards her at the mention of the Old Code, something he was adamant about himself. Yet, it seemed she was publicly admitting to being in a very serious relationship with another Jedi Master. Very odd dichotomy, but then she followed up splendidly with talking about the new code. If anything, she's a damn fine speaker, he mused to himself. Every time he thought she was going to get close to speaking of what he wanted to hear, she would hit another high note. Iella seemed the passionate type, which would help her greatly, but she was striving for some other ideals Wraith himself hadn't been so noble to seek when he had set upon that path. A flash to another time was coming on, but Darron thankfully had the presence of mind to actually pay attention the the Jedi before him as the events before his past played before him.

Iella, with her passion and that bit of a motherly glow that was starting to show wasn't the only person before him now. It was Darron, albeit younger than he was now. Most didn't realize how young he had been when he had been Mastered, or the fact that he had been frozen for twenty years once he had turned twenty nine years old. That conflicted young twenty-something version of himself stood there, with his head held high and full of pride. Where there was the purity of the light in Iella, the darkness was prevalent in the younger version of Wraith. Where she was certain of herself, and fully confident of her place, the younger Wraith wasn't. So much conflict was in the younger version of Darron, and the Jedi Master was happy to see that it wasn't present in the woman who was boldly coming to learn Vaapad from him.

It wasn't always a bad thing to not be just like him.

"I can't argue with your reasoning one bit Iella. If anything it's a lot better than what mine was when I first set on the path to learning Vaapad." The ghostly apparition of his younger self dissapeared, and Wraith took a few steps forward to better look over the edge of the hangar. "You need to realize that Juyo is a style of movement that the fast and powerful can use, and Syn could teach you that easily. What you also need to be fully aware of, is that Vaapad is risky every time you use it. There's a chance you'll open yourself up, and never come back. That's what makes it so dangerous, is that it can master you much easier than you master it yourself." He chanced a glance before looking back out over the scenic view before him. "I tell you these things so that you are aware of what you are getting yourself into, your power is immense and your potential is limitless. Just know that there is a cost for this, and I'd rather you understand that going into this. Vaapad is about a sacrifice to protect those who can't with while fighting fire with fire. It's dangerous and you need to understand."

Another silence passed, and then he asked a question. "We're going to go back and forth now. I ask a question, you answer then question me on anything. I can't expect you to do this without being fully informed, or knowing who you are learning from."

@Darron Wraith

Iella walked up to Master Wraith, but did not stand beside him, but rather behind him as he looked out across the view. She considered him more now as he spoke and smiled slightly thankful for the respect he was showing her. She knows Darron Wraith by reputation, but not the man, and she was happy just to be in his company now. He is a deep thinking man, something Iella admires in beings, of all types. A churning set of emotions she could sense from him now, ones of concern and trepidations for what he is about to teach her. A long story of experience can be read in this man, a book she is learning to read in that of another of the same long history. Pain and suffering, loves and losses, hurts and victories, all swirling around in him, making him the man that stands before her, a very well respected member of the Order.

"Everything we do, everything we seek within our lives comes at a price", she said softly from behind him. "But without those prices paid, we do not grow or develop, they makes us what we are or become, without them we remain ignorant and stayed. I do understand what this means, the dangers, but I do have defenses against this, strong ones. My Pride that keeps me to the light, I am proud of it and will not deny that. My love for all things that are in my life, two of which are yet to be born. My strength of will and ... you", she said, smiling a little now. "I believe that if you see me begin to fall, you will do your utmost to fight for me to return, I believe I am in very capable hands".

She stood beside him now. "Tell me. Why did you learn it? .. what was the driving factor that lead you here, a Master of this form".

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

"You may have faith in me, and know I will do my best to stop you from falling. The very nature of opening yourself up to allow the darkness in and out of you is what's dangerous. That's not what I'm worried about, you have to enjoy what you are doing. That's the very crux of fighting with Vaapad, you must give in and enjoy the combat itself and not back away from that feeling. You have to love what you're doing, and that's a little counter productive to everything we have ever learned." Darron turned to her, and took his eyes off of the view he had been enjoying. "Just remember that this will be grounded in sacrifice, because you throw your own enjoyment out there to further heighten what is being thrown against you. That is the secret to Vaapad, it's not just the outer darkness that you are throwing back as a weapon of the light. It's also your own personal enjoyment lacing it as well when you form the loop with your opponent, and it is simply too much for most to handle."

Her question lingered in the air, and it was one he didn't really feel like answering. You did ask her to ask questions, and with this training she deserves to know Wraith. You have only yourself to blame. "Iella, you managed to ask the one thing few ever do. Come, walk with me a bit will you? I do better telling this moving, sitting still leave me to wallow in the memory itself instead of just reciting facts." Taking the lead, he headed towards the YGX-2350 Freighter they would be training on in a few, and he kept his pace reasonably slow. "I took to Vaapad because at that point in my life I was young, full of myself and powerful beyond reason and a newly minted Master. Teferi had no choice but to promote me for my skill, but emotionally I was a mess. You see I had a brother who was on the other side of the fence, he was a Sith Lord." Darron paused for a moment with his words, only the sounds of their feet against the deck could be heard in the massive hangar.

"He killed our parents, and hounded me for the beginning of my career in the Order. I lost to him in a battle, and changed from the path of becoming a diplomat to becoming a warrior. I bulked up, and grew more physically as I aged. I took to Djem-So, and it wasn't enough to beat him." Darron pulled the glove off his arm and revealed the prosthesis that he had. The mechanical hand and forearm reflected light off it's golden surface. "So I begged to learn, little did I know that Teferi gave Quel-Jinn his permission to help me emotionally. I didn't take to the actual Vaapad part for a while, but in the end it allowed me to channel my greatest weakness to become a strength." There was more to it, of course. He glossed over a great many of the details, there was no need to go into the specifics of it.

It was his way, let people close enough to help them. Keep them far enough away so they couldn't get close.

"What's your greatest weakness Iella, and what's your greatest strength. Consider these answers, and be fully truthful please."

As they walked toward the freighter, Iella listened to Master Wraith give an account of his history, and events in his life that lead him to this moment here standing with her. It is assured that the history is bridged, most people leave out most and give the parts they are comfortable with giving and leave the hurts still buried within. She too, did or does the same. Although those darken images of her dreams are gone now, the memory of it is not. She realises now, that the past is simply that, and should remain there, but ... the events of days have also brought her to the Order. She is much stronger now, in the force yes, but mentally .. or at least has the ability to cope with them and use them in a time of need.

For once in her life, she did not know what to say. She, for the moment, just matched his pace as they walked, she is considering all that he has said and asked. He had and will continue to pay that price as he still continues to find the way of the force, the Jedi way and for simply being him. We are constantly molded, ever in motion like a potter shaping clay, in deft hands a masterpiece will be created, the gentlest of touches caressing the soul to form a living breathing beautiful being, but there is danger ... one wrong placement the whole thing spirals out of control and into ruin, but what does the potter do? they gather the clay and start again.

Greatest weakness to become a strength, she thought over those words. Oh how she hates these questions. She smiled for a moment, "And you have managed to ask the one thing I hate to answer".

"I shall start with strength as they are the easier. My main one would be my resolve to fulfill my purpose, one that I know will never be achieved, but that is fine, it is the making of the journey that is the point of it. My purpose is to help anyone what requires it .. the weak and the innocent, and the fallen", she considered more. "I may cling to that purpose a bit to much at times and because of that, I have become aware of the fact that that too can be dangerous, pure light can be just as corrupt as pure darkness", she looked to him for a moment, "Self awareness is a good one I have, I am constantly in vigilance not only of others but of myself and will not hesitate to pull myself up". They are probably the two main points to her.

"Weaknesses?, this is the hard part. I can let emotion over take me at times, I can get angry, I don't hate, but I do have a temper, it does not come out easy but when it does it explodes. I am impatient which maybe why I have come to you, impatient to learn as much as possible so I can start to build on my purpose. I can be over protective of all the people I care for, that I love, the people in my personal life and for the member of the Order. I would die for them. I can get frustrated when I see inaction which leads to all and other emotions building up, for the most part I am a calm person, but they are there".

She hoped this was what he was after. "You say that I will need to love the thrill of combat and not back away from it, I will tell you that I do not love combat. Purely because it means that I will be the author of someone's death, there is nothing to love in that. But I am no coward of the responsibility of it, I know that to take up the saber I must be prepared to use it to kill and I don't hesitate to do so. So ... that is a weakness that I will face I know it, but one I am prepared to ... I will need to find a way to love the combat. I will understand if this is something that is lacking for me to have your train me, I do not take this lightly".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom