Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First Steps (Ar'ekk)

c2b176e41280df676ed4a4e059489321.jpg
Jedi Temple of Yutan
Temple Halls
After the recent conclave, Tugoro had decided to spend some time at the Jedi Temple, considering he had not done so for such a long time. The main entrance was the most crowded area, the Jedi in-training and their mentors that remained constantly on the move. The Republic's current state had many Jedi on the move, working diligently to contribute in some way or another.

There were healers, negotiators, even those that were capable of aiding in the reconstructions of planets brutalised by the side-effects of war. Of course, one could not forget the guardians of the Republic, those Jedi that fought on the battlefield alongside the brave soldiers that were the heart and soul of the war effort. Even though he had not seen a war-zone for a few months, the newly anointed Jedi Master was ready to serve, having heard of battle reports all over the Republic's territory.

A group of newly scouted force sensitives was said to be arriving to the temple today, in order to begin on their path to becoming a full-fledged Jedi. It would be their first steps, and considering how long Tugoro had been away from the Temples, it was like starting anew as well. Walking through the halls donning his beige Jedi tunic and brown robes, the young master would begin to converse with idle Padawans and Knights, getting a clearer picture of what it was like around the place as they spoke more.

The corridors leading to the hangar bay was nearby, so once the Padawans arrived, Tugoro would surely notice. The idea of training others would have been nerve-wracking years ago, but now Tugoro would simply let the force decide what was to come.
[member='Ar'ekk']

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
When Ar'ekk received the news in Coruscant about a possible opportunity of training his abilities as a Jedi, he did not think twice about boarding the next shuttle leaving the city with a destination to the Jedi Temple in Yutan. After spending almost his whole life with his friend Sodden and his mother it was time to say goodbye. Him and Sodden were like blood brothers and this departure made things a lot more difficult but Sodden saw in his friend the future of the Galaxy.

With nothing but a bag full of dreams, Ar'ekk left for Yutan. Upon his arrival, a young Jedi master would be waiting for him. He didn't speak to anyone during the journey. It was full of young people with the same common gift; The Force. The trip was long and exhaustive but after a prolonged amount of time, they arrived to the Jedi Temple of Yutan. Ar'ekk descended from the shuttle and entered the Jedi Temple, stumbling upon the Temple Halls. He looked really lost and his eyes followed every direction, trying to assimilate what he's going through.

[member="Tugoro Taidarious"]

The conversation the young Jedi had taken up was nearing its end, and so had the Padawans journey it seemed. From one of the expansive halls of the temple, a group of students would emerge, led by a Jedi recruiter that was currently giving a tour. Despite this, one of the apprentices appeared to be lost, most likely overwhelmed by the drastic change in his lifestyle that was about to take place. [member='Ar'ekk'] was obviously youthful, but still at an unusual age to begin ones training. Tugoro still held memories from his previous life on Kashyyyk, and had already gone through experiences that proved such attachments were indeed a dangerous thing for those untrained.

Having already made up his mind, the Jedi Master would approach the apprentice, greeting him with a brief bow and a friendly smile upon his face. "Greetings, Padawan. Welcome to the temple of Yutan," he spoke, lifting his robed arms to gesture towards their surroundings. "You have made a brave decision coming here, and I commend you for that. What made you want to become a Jedi?" the brown haired man would question, a look of curiosity on his face.

Arekk

After being dazzled by his sorroundings, Ar'ekk engaged in conversation with [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] who seemed to take a particular interest in him. He politely answered to his inquiry: "I was told I had a gift that not many people have. I was told this is the right place to train this particular skill but to answer your question, I really don't know. My name is Ar'ekk, I'm most pleased to meet you."

Behind this wall of shyness was a smart young man. He seemed intrigued about this person who he's talking to, wondering what's his business in the Temple. "I was told someone would contact me when I arrived. I assume you're the right person, correct?" Ar'ekk thought best to remove his cloak to reveal his face out of respect for [member="Tugoro Taidarious"].

The answer [member='Ar'ekk'] had given was one that Tugoro had heard many times over, one that was to be expected from newcomers to the Order. Hopefully the Padawan would soon discover his own path during the trials to come. "I understand it all may be overwhelming at first," the Jedi replied, remembering the location that the shuttle had arrived from. "Though, I sense you will become a fine Jedi. The force is with you, and your training awaits," Tugoro concluded for the moment, taking a step back and motioning for Ar'ekk to follow him.

The duo would make their way along the temple halls, eventually coming to a tall metallic door that slid to the side upon their arrival. The room within was a circular arena, with two training weapon racks on the walls and other features used for the workouts of everyday Jedi. Walking inside and to the center of the room, Tugoro would turn to face the Padawan, before questioning him further. "What do you know of the force, Ar'ekk?" He said vaguely, wondering what the Padawan's response would be.

Arekk

As Ar'ekk and his master walk alongside eachother, they begin to talk.

His calm demeanour is notorious for a young boy from Coruscant. "The Force is every living thing that sorround us. It's like an energetic field. I've done my research, master. But I'm afraid it's just a vague guess." He turns to [member="Tugoro Taidarious"], wondering if his answer is the right one.

There were no right or wrong answers at the moment, for [member=;Ar'ekk'] had just arrived. Sure, he had done research, but that paled in comparison to actually feeling the force through ones own sense of self. That was only the tip of the iceberg, too. "That is true, yes. The force is everywhere, there is no escaping it under regular circumstances," he spoke, before continuing, "But that's a lesson for another time." With that, the man would begin to take a seat, sitting cross-legged on the floor beneath him in a meditative nature. Gesturing at the ground across from him, the Jedi motioned for Ar'ekk to sit, before closing his eyes and clearing his thoughts.

"We shall meditate, in order to open our minds up to the force. Let it flow within you, and let yourself flow within it. Open your senses, and feel your own energy, even mine. Go ahead." Tugoro instructed, waiting patiently as he too focused his being. It only took a few moments, allowing the Master to stretch his presence along the waves of energy that was the force, sensing out Ar'ekk's own signature that was across from him. "What do you feel?" He asked simply.

Arekk

Ar'ekk follows [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] motion, sitting down in the same position as him. He hesitates but instantly closes his eyes, entering a stage of his life he's never experienced before. All sorts of emotions can be read on Ar'ekk, those of fear, regret, revenge, joy, happiness. The Force is flowing through him, almost overwhelming. "This... I. I feel everything. What is this? I've never felt this before." The young boy felt somewhat fearful of his feelings, dubitative.

A nod was the only reaction Tugoro had at first, glad that his student had been able to connect with the world around him so easily. [member='Ar'ekk'] showed much potential in his words and actions, but there was still much he had to learn. As did Tugoro himself, but now was the time to teach. "Once you let your mind loose upon the flow of the force, your perception of the world changes drastically, for you are no longer yourself in a sense," the Jedi Master spoke, before continuing, "It is important to understand the force as a Jedi, for we serve it and in a sense, it serves us.

Most experienced Jedi are able to make decisions on a whim, influenced only by the force and its guidance, which you will find is very wise," Tugoro concluded briefly, hoping that Ar'ekk would be able to take something from that. "The power of the light side is strong here, no doubt you feel it. It is the presence of Jedi present and past, for there truly is no death, only the force." Tugoro found himself saying these things so easily, knowing they would be difficult concepts to grasp at first. Nevertheless, he had faith in his young Padawan.

Arekk

Ar'ekk couldn't but feel a warm fuzzy feeling inside his guts. It was the Force, he was feeling it. He looked upon [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] with great honor. His strength and will to move further was big. "I understand, master." he said, before continuing, "I have felt this for a long time but never like this. It's been supressed, kept it a secret for a long time. I had feelings of hatred but also of joy. I never liked those emotions, how they made me feel." He was seeking for guidance from master Taidarious on how to control his darkest emotions, those that attract you to the darkest path of life.

Within time, Ar'ekk would be memorizing every single piece of information given by [member="Tugoro Taidarious"], making sure he doesn't miss a detail whatsoever. He wanted to show he's capable of becoming a Jedi.

Through the force, Tugoro could sense how grateful [member='Ar'ekk'] must have been. Whether the young Padawan knew it or not, it was the Master that was truly grateful to have another chance to pass on his knowledge. Tugoro had spent the years of his life doing research in the field, combating even Sith Lords in his apprenticeship. He had been a foolhardy boy, eager to challenge the dark side in order to know more of its power. "What you sense, is the light side of the force. The energy of hundreds of Jedi flow through this place like a soothing river," the brown haired man began, already having an idea of what Ar'ekk was concerned about, even though he did not come out and say it.

"What we fight against is the dark side, something that has plagued the Republic many times over," Tugoro hesitated, his eyes still closed as he thought back to his Padawan days. "The dark side is the opposite side of the same coin, manifested through one's individual passions and negativity, whereas the light shines brightest with compassion and tranquillity. The dark side is a dangerous thing, Padawan Ar'ekk. It is an easy path to power, one that comes with a price mind you. I'm sure you know much of this, which is why you must learn to let go." Tugoro instructed, hoping that the feelings of anger within Ar'ekk were not too powerful. Coruscant had just been freed after years of occupancy by the One Sith, their reign finally over.

Arekk

Ar'ekk was pretty much in serenity at this point, although the feelings of darkness were still present within him. However, him and master [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] were pretty much in a great synchronization. He was an avid and easy learner and his master a great teacher. "I shall be able to control my emotions with your guidance, master." he said, before moving along, "But I want to know what's next?"

You could see how eager the young Padawan was to continue his training. He remained in awe as the duo remained in their meditation stance, side-by-side conversating, getting to know eachother. The only desire on his mind was to become one of the greatest guardians of the Galaxy. He knew everything was on his hands and as such, he wasn't going to give up.

After their meditation session had ended, the duo would exit the training room and return into the hallway, walking further along it as they spoke. "A great virtue of the light is patience, Padawan. All will make itself clear in time," Tugoro responded, suddenly stopping in front of another metallic door that slid away into the wall. The room within appeared to be a storage room, housing shelves that were filled with tunics, robes, pairs of boots, belts and more. Everything for the idealistic Jedi attire was right here for [member='Ar'ekk'], and so the Jedi Master gestured him inside as he waited.

"Go ahead and change, for soon your Jedi training will commence. We must work diligently if we are to recover the years lost," Tugoro explained, knowing that Ar'ekk's training would be a lot faster than others due to his age. That just meant they would have to do a lot more work. Once the Padawan was ready, Tugoro would gesture for him to follow, as they proceeded to leave the corridors to go into the main hall. Sensing the emotion within Ar'ekk, the Jedi would smile knowingly, shaking his head in humorous disapproval. "Hold no expectations for yourself, only motivation to complete your training, Padawan Ar'ekk. Ambition can be useful, but also dangerous," he spoke, knowing all too well the trouble such behavior could get one into. "Have you crafted a lightsaber yet?"

Arekk

Ar'ekk bowed at [member="Tugoro Taidarious"]' instructions, acknowledging his command. He entered the storage room and picked out a fitting outfit for a Padawan of his size and age. He felt an enormous joy as he saw himself wearing the clothes of a Jedi Padawan. This wasn't just an ordinary outfit. He knew in that moment everything was there for him to become a Jedi.

Ar'ekk turned to his master and with a broadened smile, he replied "No, my master. I haven't had the honor of crafting one yet." said the young one. The duo continued to walk along the halls of the Temple as the Padawan waited for his master's answer on that matter. He couldn't believe he was going to wield the weapon of tales he listened when little. It was all a fictional story to him but soon that would change completely.

Nodding in response to [member='Ar'ekk']'s confirmation, Tugoro would reach for his belt, grabbing one of the saber hilts that dangled before pulling it free from its restraint. A small switch that was hidden from most students at the bottom of saber handles was flicked on in secrecy, the man doing his best to make his movements subtle. The hilt was of a metallic cylindrical design, with a guard around the emitter and striped rubber grips along the end were the power cell was contained. The lightsaber had been turned on to training mode, which would decrease its power and only cause slight burns and bruises upon impact with others and objects.

Holding out the hilt to the Padawan, Tugoro would speak, "Take this then, it will serve you well for training. Soon, you will be able to construct your own lightsaber," before ceasing all movement and standing with a very serious expression upon his face. "Remember that the lightsaber is a very dangerous and influential tool. It should only be drawn in last resort situations, for it's very presence is usually capable of defusing minor conflicts," he paused, continuing, "Of course, that excludes exercises, for we will be sparring on the regular once you have grasped the force. A nearby door opened, revealing a relatively bare training room within. It was circular in shape like the other before it, and held in the center a set of seven stones.

They were replicas of the ancient Muntuur stones, and served the exact same purpose. Striding into the room, Tugoro would stand a distance away from the assorted stones, which grew in size and density from their number order, least to greatest. "Through patience and meditation, your goal will be made clear. Have faith in yourself, but more importantly the force. Trust your instincts, and let it guide you." the Jedi Master then fell silent, gesturing for Ar'ekk to meditate before the stones. They were incredibly heavy, and to even move one would be a great accomplishment.

Arekk

As the young one grasped on his master's lightsaber, his eyes shined like bright diamonds. In his hands he held the hilt of the Jedi master, giving it a thorough inspection. He pressed on the button and the lightsaber ignited rapidly, almost catching Ar'ekk off guard. The reflection of the blue crystal could be seen on his face, he couldn't believe he was holding the weapon he heard in countless of stories.

Immediately after he decided to conceal his lightsaber, clipping it to his belt. He felt great showcasing his very own lightsaber, even though it was a temporary thing. He followed [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] towards the next training room, sitting besides him as he was instructed to do so. In his signature stance of meditation, he closed his eyes and began to feel the Force inside his body and mind. He tried his best to lift the Muntuur stones using the Force in his first try but failed. A sense of frustration invaded him as he realized he couldn't do so. "I can't lift them. It's too difficult." the Padawan said to his master, somewhat angered as well. "How am I supposed to do this?"

Ar'ekk's true nature would outburst in this one little test. You could see the other side of the coin, the one that's uncontrolled and angered. He knew deep inside it was possible to levitate the small stones but there was an invisible wall blocking his view to do so.

The examination of his new saber was to be expected, though Tugoro could only disapprove of the boy flaunting it within the temple halls. Regardless, he seemed to realize his mistake as he clipped it to his own belt, following his master until they arrived at the telekinesis testing grounds. Many minutes of meditation had passed by, [member='Ar'ekk'] doing his best to use the force and lift the muntuur stones. The Padawan then spoke out, voicing his frustration while managing to keep most of it within.

Standing beside Ar'ekk, Tugoro chuckled briefly before speaking, "I never expected you to be able to lift them, Padawan," the Master stated, revealing the true nature of the test. "Your anger is misplaced, for failure is an opportunity to learn. You must cast aside the expectations you have set for yourself, and realize that we are not godly or immortal beings. The force is unlimited, but we are not," After concluding the brief lesson, Tugoro would gesture towards the first, smallest stone of the set, which still weighed roughly one ton. "Center your mind, know patience and try again."

Arekk

Ar'ekk nodded at [member="Tugoro Taidarious"]' instruction, focusing this time on the small stone in the center of the training room. Still in his meditation stance, his eyes closed so he could focus on channeling the Force and get a feel of every single thing sorrounding him. This time, serenity and peace allowed the young Padawan's mind to concentrate easily. In the blink of an eye, the stone began to slowly vibrate as if it were to lift itself up. Surprisingly, the Muuntur stone levitated for a few seconds before falling down almost immediately after.

Ar'ekk seemed to feel a bit drained about this task but it was normal for someone who hasn't used the Force at all in his life. He turned back to Tugoro with a child-like grin upon his face and said: "I did it! You saw that? You were right, master. Frustration clouded my mind but using the Force, I felt at peace and I could focus. Is this normal? I mean... do that, with the stone. You said you didn't expect me to do it, right?" he said with a tone of happiness and suspense.

The anger and frustration that had built up within [member='Ar'ekk'] would slowly but surely begin to fade, as he let his mind slip into a state of peace and serenity. He had been far too eager to prove himself during his first attempt, and now that he had learned the importance of patience, it was about to pay off. Watching silently on the sidelines, the brown haired man's eyes would widen as the energy felt from the Padawan surprised him, his efforts earning him quite the accomplishment. "Well done, Padawan," the Jedi congratulated, stepping closer as he examined the muntuur stone that had been lifted. Even though it was the smallest of the seven, it still weighed far more than the two possible hoped to lift with their arms.

In his youth, Tugoro had displayed similar feats of power, though nothing on this scale. That was why the man knew he could not let this power go to Ar'ekk's head. "But remember what I have told you, and continue to act on it. You have shown great potential this day, but there is still much to learn." Ar'ekk was a gifted force sensitive, and unfortunately those that were, were often extremely arrogant. He did not see this quality in the Padawan, and thus was determined to quell it from ever sprouting. He had not expected Ar'ekk to even budge the stone, let alone lift it as briefly as he had. A grand accomplishment for any new practitioner of the force, but that did not make him unstoppable.

"Such exertions tend to fatigue, and so I advise you to get some rest. The day is nearing its end, tomorrow the real training shall begin." The man stated, making his way for the rooms exit. From there, he would point Ar'ekk in the direction of the dormitories, where he could either sleep or meditate in peace. The next day would be upon them soon enough.

Arekk

The joy the young Padawan felt after his master's encouraging words couldn't be explained. "I will see you tomorrow, master. Thank you for your guidance and patience." the young one said, departing ways with [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] as he headed for his dormitory.

The first night in the Jedi Temple was rough for Ar'ekk. First, he accomodated his belongings where he felt they were supposed to be, switched into a completely different outfit so he could sleep comfortably. The lightsaber master Taidarious gave him laid next to him and his eyes were glued to the hilt as if he didn't want it to leave his presence.

He felt isolated and very alone when the lights went off in his dormitory. A thousand thoughts invaded his mind and couldn't fall asleep until a few hours later. He was too tired on his first day of training. The night was still young and a brand new day was waiting for Ar'ekk so he closed his eyes and slept. The next day would be upon him soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom