Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First Step Is Always The Hardest

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain stood outside the training room. He waited for the arrival of his apprentice. As he waited, he formulated a strategy for the best training techniques. He was going to start with something really basic, like a simple telekinesis training, then go to a duel using nothing but the force, after that go to a more extreme reflex training segment. Hopefully, he could teach this kid large amounts of skills. From what he has read on this apprentice was that he was very good at analyzing situations, which was rare. He began to rearrange the equipment inside the room, to better suit his training needs.

@[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko began walking toward the training room, only now realizing that he knew close to nothing about his new mentor. 'Now it begins, my true training. I'm finished with the mundane academy; I can finally start gaining real power.' Gorteko, having now arrived at the training room, stopped for a moment just outside the entrance. He was nervous and did not know why, he placed his right hand on the saber at his side; holding a weapon always made him feel more calm. He took a step into the room and saw Cain rearranging the equipment and began walking toward him, stopping about four feet away; Gorteko then bowed without speaking out of respect for rank.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
"Good, you made it. I was starting to think you had died in your sleep or something" Cain said with a smirk. He quickly put down all of the objects he was carrying with the force. He turned around to see his new apprentice bowing. From the records he had gotten, the man in front of him was only 2 years younger than him. They might be at the same age, but Cain was much more powerful. "I think we should lay down some rules before we begin. You have to refer to me as master at all times, you must always do as I say while we are on missions, no matter what it is, and you have to show me respect at all times, am I clear?" He stared down this man with an evil look in his eye.

"Yes master." Gorteko spoke without raising his head out of his bow. 'How pitiful of me, I will be nothing more than a mere dog for the foreseeable future. But I will be a dog more ferocious than all the others.' Gorteko thought, not showing any emotion as he awaited further instruction from his new master.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
"You can stop bowing." He walked to one of the walls. He stood about 5 feet away from the wall. "Here's what I want you to do, use all of your power to knock me back with the force. If you can knock me over, then we will continue onto the next part of the training. I warn you though, I will be using the force to counter your attack, so you will not only have to knock me over, but you will have to break through my blast of the force. Are you ready?" He awaited for a response, and got ready for a barrage of blasts.

Gorteko stood up straight after being told he didn't have to bow. 'All I need to do is knock him over. Certainly he is more powerful than I am, so I will need to asses just how far that gap in power is, furthermore this is only the first stage of training so I should not use all of my strength here.' Gorteko took his stance, his left foot forward, pointing toward Cain, his weight mostly on his right foot, which was back. His left arm was across his chest and bent at the elbow, his right arm at his side, also bent at the elbow. His palms faced each other, only about six inches apart, his left hand on top and right on the bottom. He channeled the force, rapidly extending his arms toward Cain to where his palms faced his master. He sent out a force blast strong enough to topple a straw hut, but only just. It was clear he did not put all his effort into the attack, Gorteko was testing how his master would react more than anything else.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain saw the blast coming. He sent a blast back at his apprentice, with just enough strength to counter it. Cain was very good at matching his strength of others around him. "I said with all your power. If you think for a second that i'm going to go easy on you then think again. In order to knock me down, you need a lot of power, and a little luck, so bring it." Cain waited for the next attack. He noticed that the training equipment was scattered, so he quickly shoved it all away. He didn't want to get in trouble for breaking expensive equipment again.

'Countering with such ease, it's to be expected.' Gorteko thought as he watched the equipment get put away. "As you wish, master." Gorteko said as he retook his stance before throwing the same attack as before. Though this time once the blast left his hands he spun to his left, upon completing the turn he threw his left hand out, then his right, throwing two more, slightly weaker attacks. He didn't stop there, as soon as the blast from his right hand was sent, he spun again, throwing two more. After the second turn, Gorteko jumped into the air while raising his hands above his head; and on his decent brought both his hands down in front of him in a violent ripping motion, throwing a final aerial attack more powerful than the first two he threw from the ground toward Cain. Gorteko landed in a crouch then looked up to see if he had produced any results.

@[member="Cain Laatl"]

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain smiled. His apprentice was putting on a little show. He stuck out both hands, and sent a giant wave of force out. It violently tore up the room. Equipment went flying in every direction. As was expected, he had countered his student. He knew that his student put effort in that last one, but he wasn't going to let him win until he gave it his best. "Come on, try again. I would hurry. We wouldn't want you to tire out."

Having raised his head, Gorteko saw the counter just in time to throw his arms up to protect himself, though he was still pushed back a few inches. 'He's right, much longer and I'll start to feel the fatigue.' Gorteko thought as he stood up straight again. He extended his arms out to his sides, showing his full wingspan. The tables and equipment that had been knocked over on either side of him began to rattle. Gorteko raised his hands slightly and the tables raised as well, he then threw his arms in front of him, his hands meeting together in a clap, and both tables flew towards Cain. Gorteko, assuming that the tables wouldn't be much more than a distraction, pulled his arms back, resuming the first stance he took. Mustering all the power he could in that instant, Gorteko sent out another blast after fiercely extending his arms forward. Panting now, in a moment that seemed to last forever, Gorteko watched to see the result of his attack.

@[member="Cain Laatl"]

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain completely destroyed the tables with a single blast of the force. He then noticed a very strong wave of force coming straight for him. He tried sending a wave of force out to counter it. It knocked him back about 4 inches. When the blast subsided, he looked up, and smiled. "Well done! I see you are capable in using the force, now lets begin training." He walked around the room, and set up a bunch of little objects. "Ok, I want you to try to lift up five of these balls and circle them around you." He showed a little demonstration. They slowly circled them. Most non-force users would see what he was doing right now, and think that they could do it without even trying if they had the force, but manipulating five objects at the same time was a lot like reading five books at the same time. You had to focus on all of them. The only reason why people were able to do it was because they didn't have to think much about each object, just on make each object do the exact same thing as the other. Cain wanted to see how his student would fare doing this.

Gorteko nodded in response to his orders, raising his arms in front of him, he focused on his objective. Focusing on the group, rather than each individual ball, Gorteko was able lift the five balls. Though as he began to separate them and tried to move them around him, all but two fell, which he dropped as he did not want to waste his power. Gorteko closed his eyes and exhaled slowly, 'Another method then.' He opened his eyes and inhaled at the same time, keeping his arms at his sides, he raised a ball and began to move it in a circle around him. He raised a second, and put it into place in the moving circle. As he began to fit a third into the circle, the balls were now bobbing up and down. His shoulders were tense, and his muscles strained as he lifted a fourth and put it into the moving circle. His breathing was now heaving, he was reaching his limit as he began to lift the fifth ball, though he did not get far, because as soon as he tried, he dropped the other four and fell to a knee. "I'm sorry, master." Gorteko said between heavy breaths, "I have failed my objective." Gorteko pulled himself back up to his feet and began to regulate his breathing.

@[member="Cain Laatl"]

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
"Well would you look at that." Cain lifted up 12 balls and began to circle them around him. "I want you to sit on the ground and meditate for about 15 minutes with 2 balls circling you." He dropped the balls. "I will do the same." He sat down and crossed his legs. Two balls began circling around him. His apprentice didn't even know how hard this session was going to be. He is going to be working with two objects throughout this entire training course, so Cain was going to make sure he got used to carrying two balls around.

[SIZE=10pt]Gorteko obediently sat down and began to meditate, his legs crossed, his hands on his thighs, and his eyes closed. He lifted two balls simultaneously and slowly moved them around him. 'Endurance training? It must be, which is good to say the least.' Gorteko thought while thinking this was a mundane task to begin with. Though as time passed, the balls seemed to get heavier, Gorteko figured that that was just him losing strength. After roughly twelve minutes you could see about a one foot difference in the height of the balls orbiting Gorteko, as the bobbed up and down around him. He was feeling the fatigue from the training though he would not say anything as he did not want to show weakness to his new master.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]@[member="Cain Laatl"][/SIZE]

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
After the 15 minutes had passed, the two balls that Cain was levitating were randomly floating around in two different areas in the room. He looked at his apprentice, and noticed that he wasn't doing too good. "I want you to keep those balls floating while we do some basic exercises." He pulled out two training sabers, one for Cain and one for Gorteko. "This training will help you to be able to hold two balls up without any thought, almost like it is a reflex to have them there."

Gorteko stood up, sweat dripped down his cheek as he rasied the two balls above his head to give himself some arm room. 'I'm going to collapse today. I've never collapsed before. Why have I not seen how weak I am before this?' Gorteko thought as he took the training saber. "So what now master?"

@[member="Cain Laatl"]

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
"It's very simple. We duel." A smile stretched across Cain's face. He knew that his student wouldn't be able to keep up with the training. He only hoped that he woud make it pass this. He wanted his student to be able to lift these blocks, and fight at the same time. No matter how hard he had to be pushed, he was going to make him learn this. Everything that he is about to learn will go together and create Cain's signature move.

'Duel? He's joking right? No, probably not. Well at least this is a duel and not a fight, because I would die.' Gorteko took a step back from his master and assumed a defensive stance. "I may not fair well against you Master, but I will show you what I am capable of." Gorteko was finding difficulty in focusing of the balls and his master at the same time, and he knew that would prove quite harmful in battle. 'I really hope this doesn't end too quickly, I wouldn't want Master to think I'm that weak.' Gorteko thought as he awaited his masters move.
@[member="Cain Laatl"]

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
"I feel that we should fight on equal terms." Cain lifted 3 balls with the force and focused them. They floated at his back. They were very steady, and barely moved unlike his apprentice's. He tightened his grip on the training saber, and prepared for the first strike. He was going to let his apprentice have the first few hits to give them the idea that they were doing well, then crush him, and make him feel worthless. He stood in a defensive position. The fight so far looked awkward because both men were defensive.

Gorteko watched as Cain took a defensive stance as well, he took that this meant that he was took attack first. 'Equal terms? I don't think any circumstances could bridge the gap in the difference of our power for us to fight on equal terms. Not yet anyways.' Gorteko inched forward, his feet never leaving the ground, his left foot was forward and his saber was in front of him. Gorteko raised his weapon before lunging toward his master, as he did he brought the saber down in a diagonal slash from Cain's left to right. Gorteko turned slightly to his left with the strike and brought up his right leg for a straightforward kick aimed toward Cain's chest, as the first attack was meant only to draw his masters guard.
@[member="Cain Laatl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom