Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First Blade

In the time that Raven sat with her crystal, Arisa had time to polish off her snickerdoodles, do some laundry, watch a movie, and finally catch a nap.

Eventually, she checked back in with Raven, catching her at the tail end of her meditations. Her Padawan radiated strongly with the Force from hours wortho of atunement. Meanwhile, the crystal itself was practically a beacon, a good sign that Raven had succeeded with the refinement process.

She approached the table as Raven studied her crystal.

"So, were you successful?"

[member="Raven Sorenova"]

She looked up at Arisa, and then back down to the crystal. Her lips parted slightly as she searched her mind for the words to correctly explain her experience, and results. But after a moment, nothing much really came to mind. She closed her mouth, exhaling though her nose as she continued to think on what response to give.

"I... Believe so, yes. I can't explain what has happened, but... It..." She paused, again, unable to explain the results to her. She looked over to her second crystal, but couldn't help but to ask this last question before she would begin attuning to it, next.

"How long did I take?"

[member="Arisa Yune"]

"Well, we'll find out for sure once you put together your lightsaber."

Arisa made a show checking her chronometer after Raven asked her about the amount of time that had elapsed since the beginning of the attuning process.

"Let's see...about nine hours."

That wasn't too bad, as she knew that some people could spend days or more refining their crystal, though she saw that as overkill. There was a physical limit to how much a crystal could be manipulated.

"I suggest you take a break with the one crystal. Maybe take a nap and get something to eat, then we can continue the next step with lightsaber construction."

[member="Raven Sorenova"]

She pressed her lips together again while she stared. She knew that she should take Arisa's advice. Go to sleep, eat, relax, do something that wasn't this. But Raven couldn't stop the insatiable hunger to perfect her attunement not even with the crystal particularly, but with the force itself. It was something that she had all her life, and had begun to learn and figure out how to utilize, only to find that there was so much more to it. Her interest in it took a hold of her at this moment like a snake coiling itself around its prey. She was entrapped by the idea. Perhaps even a little bit obsessive, though it's too early to say as it is now.

Without another word, she took the crystal into her hands, resting her hands in her lap, and then closed her eyes to begin again with the steadying of her breathing.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom