Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First Big Step (Kat/Kyra)

Breath Kat, breath! Kat muttered to herself, she knew that Lifeday celebration was coming up and it had been disappointing to not go with someone last time, though she wasn't sure if she even wanted to go this year since she wasn't feeling particularly festive yet. Perhaps it was because she hadn't been out as much as she normally would be due to having to care for her mother more recently, or it could be her favourite Lifeday song hadn't been played on the radio yet. She knew when she heard that song going, then she would be pumped for Lifeday, stretching out Kat let out a yawn. It had been a busy day of sorting her chores list, she was wearing a loose white blouse, tight jeans and thick boots. It was definitely getting colder and Kat wasn't too bothered by it, her sister was disappointed she couldn't dress Kat in more 'cute' dresses.

Wandering through the temple, Kat was searching for someone, she had decided that she would do something brave today but it could also be risky and possibly humiliating but Kat couldn't let that chance prevent her from living her life. She had to take chances from now and then, otherwise she would just have to live the rest of her life with her mother. A prospect that really pushed Kat into taking risks and not letting herself live in fear. Looking around, she grabbed Kyra and pulled her into the cantina, taking a seat. "Hey, so how are things going?" Kat asked, feeling the wave of anxiousness and her stomach filling with butterflies.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Kyra squeaked as she was nabbed, the girl showing no protest as she was pulled from one group of chattering people and led arm and arm into the cantina with Kat. She was often known for floating between groups, chattering absently before drifting away before any pleasantries could truly dissolve. This moment was no different. The padawan grinned easily at Kat, sitting across from her and pouring herself a class of juice.

"I'm alright. Sore. Master Yuroic has been running me ragged with this wooden sword-- I swear it's heavier than a brick! Like I need to be able to lift that!" She chugged back the glass in an easy go. "Still, it's not for nothing. Feel how hard my forearms are now."

She rolled up her sleeves and extended a boney arm. A thin strip of muscle bulged out against the skin. Touching it would indeed reveal a very hard muscle.

Kyra grinned at her in satisfaction, a look that was new to the usually unconfident zeltron. In fact a long look at Kyra would reveal a lot had changed about her. Her robes were gone, replaced by thick cargo pants and a tight top. A bomber jacket completed the look, finished off but the subtle flick of eyeliner on the corner of each eyelid.

She looked very different, actually. Rougher.

"So anyways," she chirped back. "How are you?"

Kat poured herself some water and took a sip as Kyra explained that she had been training hard with Master Yuroic, the name was familiar to her since her friend Asaraa use to train under him. In fact, she became his daughter if Kat recalled correctly. From Asaraa's stories he was tough, seems that Kyra agreed that he was tough. "Well, a Lightsaber is heavy then you might expect. Took me awhile to adjust to the weight since my father's staff always felt so light, balanced perfectly." Kat touched Kyra's arm feeling the muscle that had developed over time. It was impressive and Kat gave a warm smile to her.

It was interesting to see the difference in Kyra, previously she had been softer, more feminine but now there was a ruggedness, as if the Masters influenced her style as well as her appearance. Kat had a light amount of make up herself, never having been much a fan of it. She shrugged, "just studying the Force, practising my healing and training with my saberpike. Feels like a big war is coming, kinda makes me nervous." Kat lowered her head and admitted. She had fought several wars now and each one only made it more obvious that war was not good and it didn't fit Kat at all.

"There's a Lifeday celebration coming up though, what do you think of it?" Kat was being cautious, she didn't want to jump into the question was deep in her stomach.

Ah, yes. The subtle yet unintentional reminder that Kat was already onto real sabers while Kyra was in fact not burned through her chest. Her smile faltered-- ever so slight and without explanation. She withdrew her arm and dragged her sleeves back down over it.

A solemn edge cut through the air as Kat spoke of war, Kyra looking down at her glass and swirling the juice drops around in it. Kyra was grateful Kat didn't linger on the topic long enough to expect an answer from her, the girl transition to the upcoming event without missing a beat.

A small smile cracked at Kyra's lips, a deep breath taken in and out. "I'm stoked," she told Kat, enthusiasm reemerging in her features. "Lifeday is only, like, the best holiday out there!" If only because her whole family would each depart from their respective busy lives and come home. Kyra's chest was practically bursting in anticipation of it. "There's a party here too though, right?" She poured more juice, her appetite insatiable as of late.

"You going?"

Ah. A simple comment on her using her Lightsaber seemed to be a sore point for Kyra still, she was annoyed at herself for forgetting and not being more cautious in her words, to avoid the topic of the Lightsabers entirely. Kyra didn't have much to say on the topic of the war, which was fair, she didn't want to linger on the topic of war either. The idea of heading back terrified her. She breathed out slowly and stretched out as she listened to how excited Kyra was for the holidays. There was a sad smile on her face, her brothers were always super excited for the holiday period, they would take days off and organise things for their mother and surprise everyone with great presents and decorations.

However, this year like the last two years, was going to be quieter. With them gone, her mother in the state she was in, it was hard to feel the holiday spirit. Her niece was the only reason that she and her sister, Rose, pushed hard to do something. Anything to get into the spirit more. "Yeah, it is a pretty great holiday," Kat said as she shook her head from lingering on her lost family members, "The party is meant to be pretty exciting, they had a prom earlier in the year and that was pretty fun from what I heard. This should be fun and exciting, and I am sure we can get some alcohol as well to really help let our hair down like at Bespin." Kat smirked as she remembered that Kyra had been at Bespin with her sister Yula.

"I'm going to go, was thinking it would be nice to go with a date though since there will be dancing and other stuff..." Kat trailed off as nerves bubbled harder in her body. So terrified of actually asking someone she liked out, she hadn't really dated women since she came out due to being too afraid of being mocked or called out. Most of the people she knew were straight so dating wasn't exactly easy for her.

Kyra's excitement hit a high edge, the girl almost freezing in place as Kat's nerves touched at her awareness. She watched the girl keenly, her blue eyes sparkling with curiosity as Kat found her words.

"A daaaate?" She echoed, life returning back to excitement. She loved girl talk. It was great. Highlight of the- Oh!

Her eyes widened, her lips parting with shock as she connected the dots. It might be obvious that Kyra had picked up on the path Kat was walking down. It might not. Either way, she didn't let the girl off that easily. Her expressed composed into a demure smile, the girl's lashes practically batting as she leaned into the table, closer to Kat.

She placed her chin in her hands, raising a single brow. "Who you got your eyes on?"

Damn would Kyra smell good in that moment...

Due to the nerves were building high in Kat, she didn't see the reaction Kyra had when she realised what Kat wanted to say. Nodding her head when Kyra said date, there was something about it that had Kat thinking maybe she knew what Kat wanted to ask, perhaps she also felt the same way to her. Though she wasn't sure since it could be just the natural Zeltron charm. Then Kyra moved in closer and Kat could feel her heartbeat increase and race slight as she offered a weak smile in return. Part of her wanted to run away.

Then that smell.

Did Kyra always smell that good? Kat couldn't remember, the scent was just so intoxicating and she couldn't think about anything else. Kyra leaned closer and Kat could stop but admire Kyra who just seemed to look even more attractive than normal, smelled amazing, surely it would be ridiculous that she would be interested in Kat. Then she asked Kat who she had her eyes on, Kat stuttered somewhat "I....... I...." She blushed hard, the pale Echani looking very pink now, "you..." Kat said in a somewhat quiet voice, looking down.

Kyra grinned, her features tugging at the force of it. "Yeah. I'm pretty awesome, huh?" She teased. Kyra reached out a hand, laying it on top of Kat's. The spike of the girl's heart rate, nerves... infatuation zapped across the touch. Kyra gave a small gasp and pulled her hand away. Even then, the poor girl's frazzled state echoed back to Kyra through the force, enough to also frazzle the little empath and make her forget what she meant to say. She sat back, allowing both of them a little space from...

Whew.

Whatever this was.

Kyra swallowed hard and poured them both another drink. After a sip, she broke the silence, a small smile touching her lips again. "You know you're pretty hot," she stated, unabashed.

Kat smiled nervously as she hears Kyra comment that she was awesome. It was true, she really liked the time she had spent with Kyra, while it hadn't been a huge barrel of laughs on Toydaria, the training with Romi had been fun. When Kyra touched her arm, she moved back and seemed to change in her demeanor. From what Kat sensed, she seemed to have taken on Kat's emotions which was curious to Kat, perhaps this was a Zeltron trait that Kat didn't know about. There was plenty about Kyra's people that Kat was ignorant to.

Kat accepted the drink from Kyra and taking a long sip. After, she heard Kyra call her hot, Kat blinked hard and looked up to Kyra. She shook her head and played her hair a little. "I... No... I mean, I'm a mess most of the time covered in oil.... Also I don't even have real legs so not a normal Echani..." A lot of her fears and anxiety from her childhood were starting to surface again. Being called hot was not common when she grew up, she was often mocked for not being as elegant or graceful as the other Echani children. "My sister was always considered the more attractive one. I'm just some junkrat." Kat states in a smaller voice, blushing still.

Her smile grew a touch wider, a light entering her gaze. "No," she repeated, each word filled with emphasis. "I said you are hot. I've never met your sister." She tact on, sipping at her drink and sassing her head as if that ended that.

"You're worth something." Everything about Kyra was 'matter of fact', very little room left to question her seriousness or judgement with all the confidence she tossed into each word. Why was she saying this? She wasn't sure. Sometimes these things poured out of her-- a quirk or need that just had to be met. And right now that was getting Kat to see the truth.

Her nervous bothered Kyra.

Well she'd see to that.

Kyra was pushing the fact that Kat was hot. Hot. It was something so odd for her to hear, especially from someone she actually liked. Normally it would be guys that were aiming for one thing out of her, and she was far from interested in them. "Well, everyone has told me that she is the attractive one. My brothers were the strong ones. I was the odd one, the one who couldn't fight like a real Echani." When fighting was your language and you can't move your legs as perfectly as everyone else, makes sure you stand out.

Kat looked up and sighed, Kyra was being firm and serious, this wasn't how she wanted this conversation to go but it was clear that Kat had buried a lot that she thought she had dealt with. "I dunno. Sorry, this is a lot. I understand if you aren't interested in going to party with me. I have a lot of baggage at the moment." Kat admitted and took another quick sip of her drink, looking away.

Perhaps dating just wasn't her style. Or strong suit. Most likely it was just teenage nerves.

Kyra gave a heavy sigh as Kat went on to excuse herself. ‘I’m sorry. I’m not good enough. I get if you’re not interested.’ It was all frustrating to hear. She clearly wasn’t getting through to the girl. Was her hearing damaged too?

“That’s not what I’m saying, I-“ a feeling hedged in her gut, telling her that no amount of words would reach Kat and mend that chasm inside of her. She resolved instead to show her.

She moved in flurry of motion over the table, her chair falling back as she pushed the glasses out of the way. Things clattered, clothes rustles, Kyra took Kats chin in her hand and kissed her. Deeply.

See. Hot.

(All hail iPad posts!)

There was an exasperated sigh from Kyra as she tried to get to Kat, who was wallowing in her own misery from not feeling as attractive as Kyra tried to make her feel. It just didn't seem possible that she was that attractive or that someone was beautiful really believed that Kat was that attractive. Kat was about to shyly leave when Kyra moved everything out of the way and kissed her deeply. It was amazing, it was Kat's real first kiss with someone she found attractive. Her stomach somersaulted as she placed her hands on Kyra's side and kissed the girl back.

After the kiss broke, Kat breathed out hard, experiencing new sensations in her body she hadn't felt before. "Wow.... So, that's how a kiss should feel?" Kat muttered quietly to herself, reviewing her life growing up and dating guys as her mother dictated she should. Clearly there was something that wasn't right if this was how she should have felt. Looking up at Kyra, "go to the party with me. I really like you and I want to go the party with best person I know." Kat was slightly pink but was feeling a lot more confident. Embracing her real self for once.

‘Wow, so that’s how a kiss should feel?’

Kyra laughed, her palm slightly sticky by the time it slid off Kat’s cheek. Only then did she became aware of the spilt juice soaking into the edge of her shirt. And the stares.

Worth it.

Kyra pulled back and plopped into her seat, swooshing up the spill with a napkin as Kat passed her question. “Okay,” she agreed easily, unable to see a reason not to. In truth she was approaching this from a different angle than Kat. The girl’s crush was clear as day, but Kyra saw nothing wrong with entertaining it for the time being.

She had meant what she said, and the heat that had melted into the kiss she had given her had been nothing if not genuine.

“It’s date! But.... you know we’re gonna have to let Ura and Acaadi come along, right? They’ll be - hopeless- without us.”

Kat was still thinking on the kiss and how much it confirmed everything that she had suspected for a long time about herself. Breathing out, she helped Kyra clean the mess that had been caused, it was partially her fault for the mess. Kat smiled to Kyra warmly, feeling more sure of herself than she had for awhile now. Stretching out, Kat poured them both more drinks, taking a sip as Kyra mentioned bringing Ura and Acaadi. It was slightly disappointing that they wouldn't be going just together but she also realised it would be selfish to keep Kyra to herself, especially since Kyra was very sociable person.

Nodding her head as Kat gave a small smile, trying to shake away her disappointment. "Yeah, should be nice to talk to them and hang out. I hear the music should be good too, be nice to share a dance together as well though." Kat hinted that she wanted to spend time just the two of them as well as being with their friends. She wasn't sure how Kyra felt about Kat bar finding her attractive but she knew some Zeltrons weren't hugely into monogamous relationships sometimes and they were both still fairly young so she could see that Kyra wouldn't be interested in commitment yet but a date would be nice if they spent time alone together.

At least she hoped that Kyra would be interested in that.

Kat Decoria said:
"Yeah, should be nice to talk to them and hang out. I hear the music should be good too, be nice to share a dance together as well though."

"Or five," Kyra countered, easily picking up what Kat was putting down. Of course she wouldn't be agreeing on this only to side line Kat to the others. The girl was more concerned about not sidelining them to Kat. Without realizing it, Kyra just really hated leaving people to feel excluded.

"I'll meet you at the main entrance? Let's say, five!" She took the proffered drink and knocked it back, buzzing from excitement to the degree that she no longer seemed able to remain sitting. She half sat up, her knees on the seat instead. "But oh noooo! I don't have a dress!..." Her eyes lit up, a wicked light gleaming inside them.

Her mother's credit card.

"Right! Excited! I gotta go!" She squeaked. "It'ssosoon!" And with little explanation and all the strangeness that followed the Zeltron about, she turned to skidattle. "See you there!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom