Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fires of War

The Reaper of Won Shasot
databank_mustafar_01_169_5b470758.jpeg
Mustafar...the only thing keeping the blistering heat away, and the oxygen confined, was the ray shielding that repelled the bubbling spits of lava that leapt from the volcanic landscape. Dax had come here once before, at the behest of an enemy. It was here he'd helped her, shown her compassion, and brought her into the light. What had happened to her since? He wasn't quite sure anymore...

The Rogue had come to the planet on a whim. Now, he raged a war on another planet, because he had no other choice. He fought for those who he owed nothing too. The firey planet seemed to offer a cleansing reprieve from that reality. Even despite the acidic rain, the snowfall of ash, the violent nature of the planet itself, the lava burnt away all distractions.

Standing on the platform, inches away from the ray shield that protected him, the young man played with fire, wrapping the wisps of flame through and around his fingers, snaking the intangible object around his hand. Ever since he'd learned that skill, he'd become a bit of a pyro. It emptied his mind...something certainly needed at a time like this...

[member="Krest"]

The Force worked in mysterious ways, as the elder Zabrak had learned. Time and time again he was sent to the corners of the galaxy for reasons he didn't understand until he found what ever it was that had drawn him there. Sometimes it was a potential apprentice. Other times important events he needed to participate in. This time, who knew. Krest wandered one of the instillation on Mustafar as he searched for that answer.

It was a mundane and boring walk, but as he did something, well someone, could be felt. It wasn't long until he stood at the entrance of the platform where [member="Dax Fyre"] stood playing with fire. A laugh escaped him as he walked forward. In his hands was a simple cane that Krest leaned heavily on. Every other step was accompanied by the rhythmic tapping of the Phrik stick.

"Who'd a thought it would be you again. Last time it was a frozen wasteland. Now, Hell without the demons." He smiled wide as he spoke, for he remembered the boy.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax turned to face the voice. It had been close to a year since he'd last seen the red-skinned Zabrak. The Rogue gave the man a smile, albeit a little forced. "Its been a while. The Force have must a sense of irony, us meeting in this place." The flame in Dax's hand died out as he put his hands in his pockets, "What brings you here? More tombs?"

On Hoth, Dax had been searching for kyber crystals. From what he'd picked up, the Zabrak, tombs of his ancestors, or something along those lines. Dax doubted anyone had built a tomb in this fiery wasteland...it wouldn't last long anyways.

[member="Krest"]

"No tombs, not this time. Instead, I'm just here to listen to the Force. Sometimes it tells me of important events to participate in." He would stop within striking distance of [member="Dax Fyre"] , smiling wide. He seemed to be the center of what Krest had felt earlier in the Force, though why was still yet to be seen. "What about you? Any Kyber crystals to be found in the lava? Can't imagine that's an easy thing to get to."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"No crystals here. I was actually just here for...well, solitude I guess." Dax said as he leaned back against the railing of the platform. "Although, I imagine any crystals born in lava would have some interesting side effects." Dax examined the man before him, his already red skin cast in the crimson light of the magma around them proved to create only a ghostly appearance. "Whats the Force telling you? Its been awful silent for me lately."

[member="Krest"]

"At the moment the Force whispers of a potential foe." It was then that the smile faded from the elders lips and his eyes narrowed. "Tell me, [member="Dax Fyre"] , how much of a foe will you stand up to be?" With every word the fragile demeanor of Krest faded. His slouched posture straightened, the cane no longer a means to hold up the Zabrak but instead clasped calmly between his hands. Regardless of how quiet the Force had been prior, it screamed of death and danger.

"I do hope you will show me."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
A roar and a scream signified the birth of two orange blades of light, "Let me oblige you." Dax swiftly stepped forward, driving the blade in his right hand upwards, the heated blade aimed to cross the Zabrak's chest.

Moreth's saber screamed for blood once more. It's own will vying to cut down the red-skinned man, thirsting for his blood. Dax wasn't quite sure what his aim was here. To kill his foe, to simply defeat him? Well, he'd just have to see.

[member="Krest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom