Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fire Of The Echani (PM to join)

My blood was boiling, after all the osik about controlling my emotions and mandatory meetings with specific Masters I was furious. Had I not been stuck here with wookiees I'd have watered the ground of Eshan with my blood in defense of her and my people. I may not have the white hair or silver eyes of the Echani but having grown up there and trained alongside them.... I was Echani. This morning I'd been up early securing new munitions and installing new weaponry aboard The Morrigan and now? I needed to hit something or go through saber forms to clear my head....

As it was I was headed to one of the combat training arenas outside the temple. Dressed in some cargo pants, my boots, and a sleeveless top my sabers were hooked into magnetic holsters along both my hips the saber crystals along the leather strands tinkled slightly against my upper thighs. I also had a collapsed staff held in a a holster along my left thigh. Reaching the training arena I saw there was another young woman training here as well. White-blonde hair and she had a light tan to her skin as well... I couldn't see what kind of weapon she was training with but she carried herself with almost an aelfin grace. Probably Echani if I had to guess... Odds were she wouldn't have noticed me just yet. I walked almost soundlessly and was well known for startling padawans with my silent approaches.

Reaching to my left hip I soundlessly unclipped my straight handled saber and ignited it with a snap-hiss to my right side the aqua blade shining like a beacon. The young woman I saw had taken notice of me now. I began working my way through several Soresu forms, if she wanted to talk odds were she'd approach me...

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat twirled her staff in her hands. While she was skilled in combat, as all Echani were, she didn't have a Lightsaber yet. Instead she kept with her father's staff and used it to hone her skills. Her mind was clear as she practiced her Echani combat forms, her robotic legs moving with the grace of real Echani legs. It had taken a long time for her to get legs that would allow her to move with the grace that she always wanted as a little girl, watching her siblings. Her staff moved with ease in her hands as it struck the targets hard and fast. Her mind focused on each movement as she felt the flow of the air and could sense another person enter the room without needing to look. After a few more phases, Kat took a break and drank water from her bottle nearby.

Kat was wearing a white vest top, there was some sweat stains from her recent exercises. Jogging bottoms allowed for ease of movement with her long white hair in a tall ponytail. Using a towel, she wiped the sweat from her body and stretched her limbs, hoping to avoid cramping her muscles. Kat watched the stranger perform the Lightsaber Form Soresu, it was a mostly defensive form. It was interesting to watch, Kat wasn't sure which Lightsaber combat form was best suited for her. Ataru seemed fun and stylish while being very effective but Djem So was effective and practical, Niman was arduous but adaptable, Soresu was defensively good and required patience, Makashi was excellent for one on one. They were all different with good points and bad. It would take time and lots of studying to see which would be best.

Waiting for a break in the stranger's routine, Kat thought it polite to introduce herself. "Hello, I'm Kat. Nice to meet you." She gave a warm smile with her hand extended.

Working my way through the movements of Soresu I noted the young woman's grace. She was working through a staff form and her technique....was flawless. Midway through an accelerated sequence of Soresu I switched into a Djem So variant. Finishing the sequence I spun my saber out to the side and after deactivating it I clipped it to my belt. The crystals in the leather strands tinkling slightly as I turned towards the young woman. "Hello Kat, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Celiana."

Grabbing her hand I shook it gently but firmly as I met her eyes. Goddess she was beautiful... I'd noticed she was wearing robotic prosthetic legs as she'd moved through her staff form with flawless technique and grace. "I see you favor a staff Kat. Your technique with that staff sequence you were practicing was flawless just so you know...don't suppose you'd care to cross staffs with me would you?" It wouldn't be obvious from my appearance but I was Echani as well. If my appearance wasn't a giveaway, when I moved in combat would reveal it.

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat was taken back by the praise that Celiana was giving her. Her combat was far from perfect in her eyes, her brothers were masters at combat, hence their position was royal guards. It was nice to hear such compliments though she wasn't sure if she could agree with the other woman. Kat noted that there was some air of Echani in her moves with the Lightsaber Forms but it was hard to tell if she was an outsider taught how to train as an Echani or if she was part-Echani. Standing tall, Kat shrugged at the suggestion of a duel.

"It has been awhile since I dueled an actual person," Kat explained as he twirled her staff and position herself a bit from Celiana. "However, I am open to a chance to train with a person." Kat grounded her feet firmly to the floor, her hands tightly holding her staff as she took note of her breathing. Slow but steady. Listening as her heart beated, feeling her muscles tense and flex, readying her body for combat as she studied her opponent. Taking note of them, anything that might give an edge.

[member="Celiana"]

Looking towards Kat I said "Once you're accustomed to moving with a blade everything falls back into place." Reaching up towards my left bicep I unclipped my collapsible phrik staff from the arm holster and flicked it to the side extending the staff out. Flourishing it I spun it back behind my back and brought my free hand against my chest and inclined my head in a subtle bow. Looking towards Kat I saw the look she was giving me, an evaluation of my style, my footwork, everything. She was firmly planted, a tight grip on her staff...

I preferred not to ground myself as heavily, my hold on my staff was also looser. Movement came from the wrist and rotation from the weapon, I knew she was waiting for me to make the first move but I was patient. Breathing in softly and out I moved in slightly and flourished my staff out to the side. "Your move Kat..." I winked at her and prepared for her to strike...

[member="Kat Decoria"]

There was a flash of annoyance that crossed Kat's face. Clearly, Celiana wanted to Kat to come to her, when Kat had already positioned herself in a strong defensive stance. It was a clear sign that Celiana wanted to control the direction of the duel, something Kat found frustrating in previous duels she experienced. It also meant that she had to reveal how ungrounded her attacks could be, how freeing her preferred attacking style could be. Especially with the freedom of movement that her legs provided for her. Taking a deep breath, Kat moved forward, and leapt high. The micro-repulsors kicked in and pushed Kat higher in the air than a normal person could jump, flipping over Celiana.

From there, Kat's attacks came in the form of repeated kicks that moved slightly faster than the average person could. The hard metal ready to do damage if connected. Kat was attempting to become an expert in Ataru and so her moves so far reflected that acrobatic style that Ataru favoured while not being the Lightsaber Form. It was Echani attacks with Ataru styling, something she felt comfortable doing with her legs that allowed faster mobility than most Echani could afford.

[member="Celiana"]

I saw the annoyed look cross Kat's face... didn't surprise me though any true duelist knew that it was wisest to measure your opponent, along with that I was the one in control of guiding the duel at least for now... I waited and Kat leapt into the air. I heard the slight boost of micro-repulsors and sensed the first kick. The first kick transitioned into a series of them. Echani combat mixed with Ataru movement style. Clever and beautiful...a deadly combination. As she kicked I moved just out of reach with each one. Then I reacted, one of the weaknesses of Ataru was how movement focused it was...it took a great deal of physical training to duel in Ataru forms effectively.

After her final kick I moved. With a series of Makashi and Shien variants. Makashi was duel centric however it brought the saber or weapon back for a follow up with the Shien variant of Djem So. Quickly I flicked my wrist and brought the staff around towards her front facing leg. Jerking my wrist up I carried my staff up toward her in a hip strike. Spinning the staff I switched hands and my grip towards my left hand with the aid of Force speed. Odds were she'd have trouble tracking my hand movements they were already subtle add in Force speed and most of my strikes were nearly impossible to track. The repulsors and her legs would be an issue though she wouldn't tire nearly as quickly as another duelist....

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Living with robotic legs and before having to train without them, Kat's endurance was very high. She was barely breaking a sweat with her makeshift Ataru styling attacks, however, Celiana seemed to be able to dodge and stop Kat's attacks which were frustrating to say the least. Kat maintained her calm, while it was annoying that not a single strike landed move, it wasn't unusual. Her brothers were experts in combat and she often duelled them and more times than she liked to count. However, these loses were always lessons that she learnt from. She wasn't like other Padawans, Kat was a very skilled combat powers, however, her Force Powers were less than stellar.

With her skills in combat meant that Kat could see the way that Celiana moved her staff. Kat twirled her staff and took the strike to her front leg, she didn't feel the strike connect but didn't worry as her robotic legs were made of songsteel so nothing in this duel would damage them. Kat blocked the attack to her hip and parried the attack. Jumping, Kat pushed off a wall and attacked with her staff, her micro-repulsors were doing most of the work as she hadn't learnt how to use Force Speed yet. She skilfully went for a sweep with her attack as well as aiming her staff to hit Celiana's stomach.

[member="Celiana"]

I could feel slight frustration from Kat as I avoided her attacks. I sensed Kat jump and saw her push off a wall and she deftly went for a sweep which I took the hit on. She'd followed it up with a strike towards my toned stomach. I'd gone to my back with the sweep, as her strike towards my stomach hit the cobblestones I wrapped my legs around her staff in a movement too quick to track, Force speed had definite advantages. Twisting my hips I let free her staff and went into a roll behind her. Speaking softly I said "Your martial skill is impressive Kat, but we are more than mere muscle. More than flesh and blood....tune into The Force and let your staff become a true extension of yourself. Trust me, you'll know when that is."

Darting out and to the side I closed my eyes and breathed out softly. I wanted to see what colors Kat fought with. Emotion was what Echani showed through combat, with Force sight it was something incredibly intimate and beautiful to watch. I wanted Kat to experience the utter serenity of The Force and her staff working in seamless harmony. I had the feeling that with more experience she could actually rival me as a bladeswoman.... As it was her attacks were calculated and highly intelligent. Sweeps and follow ups yes I had the feeling with further training she'd rival me....

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat shook her head. Connecting with the Force was something that she was capable of, she had some training experiences but she was not skilled in the Force to much of a degree that Celiana was displaying. Her movements being sharp and impossibly fast, Kat moved back to create space and allow herself to think on the next attack. "I am not at that level to fully mix my fighting with the Force, I do not wish to experiment and risk any harm." Kat was firm on this, she wanted to give the duel the best she could without the Force as that would sacrifice her natural combat abilities. Maybe in several months or years time when she had more training then she could become a Jedi who blends both her fighting and the Force into one.

For now, Kat was more than happy to just focus on her trained skills in melee combat. She darted forward and continued to strike at various angles, aiming at the legs, head and occasionally the chest. Her strikes were sharp and firm, Kat could remember the training she did with her siblings, her brothers were so skilled and fierce warriors that never backed out of a fight, they had few people on Eshan better than they were at fighting. Remembering them and the fact they were likely dead, it brought sorrow to Kat as she tried to stay focused on the task at hand.

[member="Celiana"]

Well then....someone who stuck by their ideals.... that was refreshing for sure. Nodding I said "As you wish Kat, rather than using The Force to alter your fighting style....pay attention to my staff, feel its and my presence in The Force. More important than altering your fighting with The Force is sensing your opponent and their weapon." Kat struck towards my legs and with a transition in my footwork I raised my leg and brought my staff to block the leg strike. Her second strike was towards my head, with a flick I spun my staff up in a deflection while moving. I felt she was getting to know my style... at least in part.

Smiling as I felt her tuning into memory and saw her strikes become more defined I realized her next strike would hit home. I also saw that in order for my plan to work I'd have to take the strike. Her staff struck home against my waist and it was definitely a strike she put effort into. I could feel emotion in that strike....I wondered how she'd fight when I changed things....retracting my staff as I moved I clipped it to my arm holster. Darting in I did a quick jab-cross, following it with an elbow and reverse hook-kick. Rolling off to the side I took a low guard bracing off my rear leg and my left knee in a position to pounce again. Echani were about hand to hand but I'd be happy to spar against her wielding a staff while I chose open palm. I enjoyed the challenge....

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat raised an eyebrow to Celiana attempted to explain sensing a person and their weapon. Echani fighting was all about understanding and sensing out your opponent, courting a romantic partner was done through combat traditionally in Echani culture. If anything, sensing a person and what they use was second nature to Kat. The addition of sensing the Force was too much of a focus that Kat wasn't ready to surrender, this was just a duel, not a lesson on the Force so she didn't want to distract herself and leave herself vulnerable for an opening. Kat smirked when she watched her strike hit her mark on Celiana but noticed the woman going for a new strategy.

Pushing back on her legs, she darted away from Celiana, dodging the attacks while placing her father's staff carefully away. Kat felt the hook kick hit her side, grunting somewhat. She knew that being delicate with her father's staff was something that would put her in harm's way but she couldn't avoid it. Taking in a deep breath, Kat settled into a stance and stared at Celiana with cool determination, not moving from her spot yet, waiting for her opponent to make the first attack in their hand to hand switch.

[member="Celiana"]

I could see Kat placing the staff away...she also took in a breath before settling into a stance. She was now doing what I'd done at the beginning of the duel. Evaluating me....good girl that's how the Echani were to be. Huntresses with their bodies, we were living weapons. I didn't know where she was in her training but Kat definitely should be in the upper tiers of instruction if her dueling and form were a proper measure. I somehow felt like I was about to unnerve her though. Akira had trained me in all of the tiers along with their variants, as it was I was certified as a Firedancer....

With two quick steps forward I rolled closer to her and planting my left hand on the cobblestones I twisted my hips as I came out of the roll. A powerful kick towards her leg to build momentum, pulled at the last second and continuing the movement off my hand I sprung with my tucked leg into an axe-kick towards her chest. After the axe-kick a lightning fast roundkick towards her shoulder. Twisting away after the two kicks I came to a standing loose ready stance. Her move....

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Stood waiting, Kat watched and composed herself. She had learnt the first two tiers of Echani combat, she was going to start learning the final tier but her brothers who were skilled in all three sadly passed on Echani as far as Kat could tell and she needed to find a new teacher for the final tier, someone she could trust. However, it was also something not to take lightly, learning combat and connecting with someone through repeated fighting, it could lead to feelings that might be unwanted. Kat wasn't sure she was ready for that, not after her failed first attempt at dating and with the stresses of starting her training, she wanted to focus on one thing at a time for the most part.

Kat watched as the woman rolled and moved her body to kick. The feint to her leg seemed foolish, Kat knew that an attack there would end the duel with her victory, so didn't attempt to block the attack, which gave her time to see the axe-kick to her chest. This allowed her to parry the block, what she didn't see was the second kick coming towards her, taking the hit on her shoulder. Kat grunted and decided to strike back. Darting forward, she used her legs as well, the repulsors speeding her legs in their movement, front kick went to Celiana's kneecap, if connected it would be crippling in damage. From there, Kat jumped and spun, sending a back kick to Celiana's chest in the hopes of winding her. Finally, a flip sent a final kick to her shoulder. The final kick make Celiana's arm very sore if that landed. Kat was aiming to make things harder for Celiana to move and attack her at full strength, something her brothers taught her.

[member="Celiana"]

I was aware of how heavily Kat relied on those legs. Having felt the kick to her shoulders land I saw her move while I had yet to touch back down... See your opponents' strength, what they rely on most heavily. Whilst there is a way to behave with honor there is no such thing in combat. In spite of this behave with honor and dignity anyways, you were trained to be perceptive Celiana that's what sets you apart. Words from Akira.... I saw the repulsors....heard their whine as they powered each time. Darting back from the kick towards my leg I saw the jump and spin. Generating torque for a kick. Rolling as she was in the air I realized she'd to a degree imitated my prior attack... As she touched down I sent two sets of lightning fast kicks towards the microrepulsors on one leg.

I'd trained for years so those kicks would be imperceptible. Not aided by The Force but trained for years for speed and power, the microrepulsors were brilliant at aiding in combat...however having worked on ships, my speeder bikes, hoverchairs and more I knew the timing. I'd been measuring her moves this whole time upon how she used those legs of hers... It was cruel....an Echani woman not having legs... however she'd learned to develop a fighting style that seemed to suit her. She had incredible skill and whether or not she realized it I'd seen the movements of the first two tiers and they movements were highly practiced. They'd seem nothing more than a sort of form to anyone else but an Echani, yet nothing of the third. She was either holding back... or hadn't been taught yet.

Altogether....Kat was a remarkable young woman... A breath in and out... I aimed not to completely disable her only to level the playing field. It likely seemed that I was aiding my strikes with The Force this whole time. I'd only been using physical strength though since my staff had been holstered. As it was if those strikes landed against the repulsors in the leg she'd touched down on then she wouldn't be darting around airborne for the remainder of the duel. The microrepulsors in her other leg would be off balancing and she'd face me on the ground. I idly wondered what she'd learned of me as I'd fought....combat reveals all I wondered what she'd heard me communicate through this duel so far....

[member="Kat Decoria"]

The kicks to her repulsors could be seen coming, however, she had just assumed they were strikes to her legs, something that would end poorly for the other woman. It was only too late that she realised they were aimed at her repulsors, the damage was done to some of her repulsors on one leg, she still had one on the bottom of her foot that would work but the blows were frustrating enough. "You know that will take time to repair!" Kat moaned, as she hated that the duel damaged her beautiful legs, all she wanted to do was go fix them now. However, she needed to continue the duel. The repulsors were something new to her legs, she had gotten very good at just using her legs without them. They could still hit and move faster than most biological legs so wasn't something that Kat felt restricted her.

Kat drew focus and calmed her body, she could tell that Celiana was well trained in Echani combat, demonstrating all three tiers of combat, something that showed she had more experience than Kat. However, this didn't matter to Kat, something else she also saw was that Celiana was constantly reflecting on her past with someone else. It was clear that Celiana had fond memories of training with this person. Kat moved forward, darting side to side, making it difficult to see what angle that she was going to approach from. With a kick forward at Celiana's stomach, she then launched her fists forward, throwing a quick jab to the chest and hook to the head.

[member="Celiana"]

Kat's outburst was expected, though it brought me no joy. I'd sacrificed some key moments and strikes due to reflection...Akira was missed but never forgotten. I tracked Kat's movement as she darted back and forth towards me. I didn't need to see angles of attack though, as a fact I'd trained to react based on movement. Kat's kick towards my stomach was good, nice and crisp. As she'd kicked I moved back , the jab to my chest hit though. Which was fine, her follow up hook towards my head though hit against my forearm. I stood there momentarily, her wrist braced against my forearm....

Throwing an elbow towards her wrist I moved into the most intimate combat zone. I was done letting her dominate this duel....her legs were an incredible asset and if I kept distance she'd keep going for well practiced kicks. Against anyone else she'd be an unusually difficult opponent.... "Whoever trained you did an excellent job Kat, you've impressed me so far..." As I was within the inner combat ring I brought my hands into a loose stance and tightened my footwork. With a quick right jab towards her waist I brought my hand up in a deflection before hitting back towards the natural response of bringing an arm to defend her side. A two-knuckled strike against the inner arm...

I was in too close now to effectively push me away with kicks... Hand to hand would decide the rest now....

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Things were progressing quickly in the duel much faster than Kat predicted. It changed to become more intimate and Celiana was able to move into Kat's personal space, it was an aggressive move that meant that Celiana attempting to gain control of the duel. Hand to hand wasn't a weakness in Kat so she was complimenting her training. It brought sad memories of her father and her brothers, between the three men in her life she was grateful in their training of her. Against many Padawans at her level, Kat was clearly an expert in comparison. Her arms moved in skilled blows and deflections of Celiana's strikes. It was starting to cause Kat to sweat as they were pushing long into the duel.

Deciding things needed to end soon as they were fairly matched in some areas but she knew that eventually Celiana would start showing signs of being the better combatant. Kat jumped back and decided to go with a big, very risky move. Rushing forward, Kat flipped in the air and somersaulted in the air, aiming for a strike with her leg to her shoulder. If Celiana dodged this attack then there was a big risk that Kat would end up winded and on her back, effectively would be the end of the duel at that point. However, if it landed then it would be quite the crippling blow.

[member="Celiana"]

I realized that Kat's conditioning towards combat was impressive, her training was excellent, whoever had trained her had clearly impressed upon her etiquette. I sensed a sort of sadness from her as she'd fought... likely her family had trained her...with everything happening on Eshan... It was starting to drag on this duel of ours. Movements were becoming instinctive to match and mirror for us both... Sweat dripped from us both and I could sense Kat was thinking... likely evaluating the next move...

She darted back, then forward... A flip, ahhhh....clever girl. very clever. I could see her trajectory lines....she was aiming a kick towards my upper body. Shoulders if I had to guess.... Patience, in all things patience until absolutely necessary. Just before the kick would've landed I fluidly moved. Dropping my shoulder and twisting I brought my front leg up in a lightning fast hook kick. The goal of which wasn't to hit her leg full force. Simply to off center her movement and jerk her momentum from under her. She was a VERY gifted fighter, I had nothing but praise for her form and whomever had trained her...

She fought with the same determination and ferocity I had when I'd first come to the order. Albeit I'd had different learning experiences....much more radical ones at that, but still.... Kat showed an extreme amount of potential.... In many ways she reminded me of Aria, though less jaded perhaps. More looking towards improvement of self....

[member="Kat Decoria"]

The kick failed, this meant that Kat was on her bottom and grunted annoyed that she failed to beat Celiana, even though she gave it her all. It had been many years since she had fought an opponent as skilled as Celiana. It was good that she had the experience of the duel, even if she did lose, learning from this would be interesting and push her forward as an Echani dueller. Rising to her feet once again, Kat rubbed her backside, grunting as it was sore from the landing still. Stretching, Kat wandered over to her stuff, grabbing a towel and wiped the dripping sweat from her face and arms. She would need a good shower tomorrow but for now it was fine to just remove the worst of the sweat.

Looking over to Celiana, "You were taught well, not many get to learn all three tiers." Kat stated before she took a long swig of her water. Hydrating herself as she stretched herself to avoid getting cramps in her arms, it was a good to workout as hard as they did but she wasn't sure what she made of Celiana yet, the duel let her know a few things but not much, Kat had kept herself reserved as well. It was common practice during a first duel to do so.

[member="Celiana"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom