OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A ship for the Bareesh Kajidic mercenary fleet.
- Image Source: Lords of Nad Hutt by Darren Tan, Mandalorian Mercs Krayt Clan Emblem by Mercs.Firespray
- Canon Link: Tarrada-class Frigate
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Kwenn Space Station, Bareesh Kajidic
- Model: Tarrada-class Frigate
- Affiliation: Gorba the Hutt, Bareesh Kajidic
- Production: Unique
- Material: Durasteel Hull
- Classification: Escort Frigate
- Length: 250 meters
- Width: 80 meters
- Height: 40 meters
- Armament: Extreme
20 Composite-Beam Laser Turrets (10 port, 10 starboard)
- 2 Tractor Beams
- 20 Quad Laser Cannons
- ECM System
[*]Hangar: Average - 1
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average
[*]Speed Rating: Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average - 2
- Life Support Systems
- Communications Array
- Shield Generator
- Solar Sails: While mostly for form rather than function, a number of solar sails sprout from the surface of the Fire-kraken, lending it a winged appearance. These sails, however, are fully functional and the vessel can traverse space without engines if need arises.
- Isotope-5 Reactor
- Isotope-5 Reactor: The additional power conduits are connected to the composite-beam laser turrets, allowing them to fire more powerful beams for a longer period of time.
- Plodding Gait: Its engines are not particularly powerful and it is fairly slow.
- Range: The composite-beam lasers are for close quarters battles and the Fire-kraken must close the distance if it is to be effective ship-to-ship.
The Fire-kraken is an escort frigate, equipped primarily with composite-beam lasers. These composite-beam lasers are similar to those featured on the bubble turrets of the LAAT/i. However, the beams of the Fire-kraken are powered by an Isotope-5 reactor core. In other words, the Fire-kraken can fire its beam lasers at a higher power and for a longer duration. While not very effective against shields, composite-beam lasers can wreak havoc on straighter formations and carve up another capital ship's hull.
Throughout history, Hutts have focused primarily on economic dominance and an isolationist strategy, but after the Yuuzhan Long decimated their forces hundreds of years ago, their tactics shifted. The advanced Tarrada-class war frigate was one of the results of this tactical shift. Today, the refitted Fire-kraken carries on that legacy. Although the ship is hundreds of years old, it has been gutted, refurbished, and given a new name.
It now serves as vessel in the mercenary fleet, Dragons of Bareesh.
The Fire-kraken has a crew of 120 and a troop complement of 40.