Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fate of Darth Strider [Galactic Republic/Jedi Order]

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] @Republic Jedi

OOC: Follows from here (currently incomplete due to OOC time constraints, will be completed shortly)

IC:

Onderon
The Force moved in mysterious ways. Years ago, Darth Strider had been one of the most powerful Sith Lords in the galaxy. He had stood with the Fringe at O'reen, an Arbiter, a defender of the Unknown Regions, back when the Galactic Republic had been the ultimate power in the galaxy and the Fringe Confederacy in the ascendance. The Fringe Lords had smashed the Republic there, beginning their steady decline. Darth Strider had gone on to more wars, more victories and some defeats, but his hate for the Republic's imperialism had not faded for some time. It had not faded until the sum of his life and experiences had finally accumulated to take the Dark Side from him after seventeen years. He could not live without the Force, especially after so long ... so he turned to the Light. It had been two days since the events on Hoth in the tower of ice, and already he could feel his strength and vigour returning, and with it a peace of mind that he had never had before. Those events had found him profoundly changed. Now he stood on Onderon, the new capital world of the Republic, and with no intention of violence.

Alen Na'Varro realised that in order to be truly set on a new path, he had to close his past behind him. He had been a Sith Lord. And a good man before that. He had done things that required repentance, and in order to repent he was required to submit. The Jedi Council had been his enemies once. It was them who could weigh his past actions with his future intentions, and decide his fate.

The bearded man approached the Jedi Temple on foot, clad in the same clothes he had been wearing for several days now, His lightsabers stayed fastened to his belt, his bearing proud and erect. As he walked, attention began to gather. Many knew Alen Na'Varro, Arbiter of the Fringe. Many more still knew him as the Lion of the arena, a swordsman of galactic renown. News drones began to collect overhead as he walked, feeding information to Holonet 24 hour news stations across the Republic worlds. Various experts, left-wing and right-wing and centrist, deliberated and argued over what he was going to do next. What was his intention? Was he here to fight? Was he here to submit? What were the Jedi going to do about it? No one could come to a conclusion. In the space of a couple of minutes, viewing numbers soared.

Temple guards began to descend from the Temple itself, leveling their blaster rifles at the man. Na'Varro paused at the bottom of the grand staircase that would ascend him to the Temple proper, and simply waited.

"No further, Sith," a sergeant said forcefully. Alen smiled wanly, shifting his stance into an 'at ease' position. He imagined the Jedi would make their intention clear soon enough.

Onderon...Sera had thought it an odd choice when the Republic shifted its presence to capitalize here, though she suspected they had their reasons, and it wasn't her, nor the Jedi's place to debate the subject with the government. The Twi'lek couldn't complain though, she found Onderon beautiful, and its' moons as well were quite worth sight seeing from time to time, even if a bit dangerous to those who were unfamiliar with the ecosystem and inhabitants. With the majority of her time these days spent on training padawans at the temple on Ossus, she hadn't had much of an opportunity to visit the other systems that had been returned to Republic control. Being able to enjoy some time away was both welcomed and gratifying. Though that peace of mind and relaxation wouldn't long be enjoyed, for on this morning, she would be awakened by the sound of bodies shuffling frantically down the corridors, followed by the sound of the temple alarm, placing the complex into high alert.

Sera jolted up from her position, the sound of the alarm startled her. It seemed unlikely that Onderon, or the Jedi Temple would be under attack, unless the Sith were truly so bold now that after the crippling events of the Netherworld they thought the Republic would be in a weaker state and able to be swiftly conquered. Jumping to her feet she ran towards the exit of her room, pulling her sabers from the end table with a mental tug, gripping them both in a single hand as they traveled through the air to her grasp. Making her way to the exit, she made note of a number of corridors being sealed off via blast doors and ray shields. As she reached the mouth of the temple, a number of guards and other Jedi had already made their way out. She stood at the top of the stairs looking down. A single man stood at the base of the temple, looking fairly cordial. She glanced around, noting no others had seemingly joined him, though he had a powerful darkside aura about him, and attached to his body were lightsabers.

Sith. The Cambrian Jedi stood, the soldiers looking back towards her for orders, their blasters still aimed towards the man. Her mind would reach out to his, a short, direct question would follow.

Why have you come here, Sith?

[member="Alen Na'Varro"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

It did not take long for Jedi to begin streaming out of the praxeum, some at a higher state of alert than others. In several, Na'Varro could sense fear. Blast doors were sealed, ray shields activated ... all for the sake of one man. The bearded man was almost disappointed with their overreaction but then again, they had reason for caution. With an enemy as active, cunning and vicious as the One Sith, it paid to cover all bases and facilitate a strong protective posture. Still, it was amusing to him, at least to the part of him that lay dormant in the back of his mind. If I were not a shadow of my former self, all of this would count for nothing. Yet he was a shadow, and sick of fighting. Sick to death.

One of the Jedi appeared to be a leader of some sort. A Cambrian female, he noted, carrying twin lightsabers in one hand and impressive, respect-inducing bearing. He could sense her power, and even in as reduced a state as he was, he knew that he could slay her if required. He was not here to die like a dog on the steps of the Onderon Temple in front of the watching galaxy at the hands of a nervous Jedi. He was here to be judged; weighed and measured, and his fate decided based on his actions and intentions. Though his body was relaxed, his eyes and mind were ever watchful.

Why have you come here, Sith? The words intruded into his mind, something he was used to but still had not developed the taste for. Mind speech was useful for medium range communication, but in a situation like this? Na'Varro thought it pointless. He sighed. Overcast sky, a hint of breeze caressing his face ... and he could feel the emotions and insecurities of dozens of temple guards and Jedi was over him. The situation was tangibly on a knife's edge, and could go one of two ways. He took a deep breath, smiled, and unhooked his lightsabers.

"Submission," he said, his voice deep and confident. After a reluctant second, he tossed his weapons at [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]'s feet,

As the Sith took hold of his sabers the guards immediately locked their sights in preparation to fire. Sera's own hand wandered towards her hip just before he spoke. Submission? The one word answer could have meant his own, or the Jedi. The men guarding the temple had heard only his vocal response, and not what the Twi'lek had mentally relayed to him, thus the meaning of his response was further misconstrued in their eyes. Their fingers slid from the safe position to the trigger in anticipation of the man's probable attack. Though to their surprise the man then threw his sabers up to the peak of the staircase at the feet of the Twi'lek Knight. Sera's hand dropped back to her side in a more relaxed pose, placing her sabers back on to her belt but looked quizzically at the man, still unsure of his exact motives. Her hand summoned up the two blades from the duracrete staircase and she looked at them for a moment before refocusing on the Sith Lord.

"You wish to surrender? You understand that you will be placed under arrest, incarcerated, interrogated, and your fate ultimately decided by the Jedi Council?"

Throughout her entire life thus far Sera had never seen or heard of a Sith wandering on to a Republic world, stepping foot on to a Jedi temple, and willfully surrendering himself to the Jedi. It was simply unheard of, and entirely suspicious. Even without his lightsabers she was still well aware that he was incredibly dangerous. A weapon was merely a tool to get the job done, and one so connected to the Force could just as well call upon other treacherous techniques to accomplish their goal.

[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

The bearded man eyed his Jedi Knight counterpart shrewdly, looking for any reaction or change in emotion. Any difference in her actions, words or disposition would tell him more about her, and what kind of reception he could expect to receive. One part of him wanted them just to execute him and be done with it, but he knew it was not the Jedi way. The other part wanted to live; to salvage what little he could from his life and find some degree of happiness. Power did not excite him anymore ... he had taken his share of that, both physically and through the opportunity of the Force. Either way, it was peace that he wanted. Peace of life, peace of mind, and an end to the terrible events that he had brought upon himself.

Redemption.

"You wish to surrender? You understand that you will be placed under arrest, incarcerated, interrogated, and your fate ultimately decided by the Jedi Council?" The Cambrian's words snapped him out of his realm of thought. Na'Varro responded promptly. He had foreseen this, and not through the Force.

"I understand." He spoke confidently, affected by four decades of harsh life experience. He was covered in scars, both mental and physical. How many times had he almost been killed? How many times had he killed in return? Too many. "I am done with the business of fighting Jedi."

Na'Varro wondered what Invictus would think if he saw him now. What Killian might think ... he would possibly be more sympathetic. But they didn't matter anymore. His legacy as a Sith was complete. Seventeen years, and it had taken him this long to come to his senses.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Corvus was between Ruusan and Ossus. It seemed she spent more time in this situation than any other. On the plus side,. she'd just left Ruusan and so it was a relatively small detour to travel to the Republic's capital.

But why she'd been asked to divert was still a mystery. It seems for the second time in her lifetime, a prominent Sith had decided to hand himself over. This time he'd walked up to the small Jedi Enclave on Onderon. Oddly she'd never visited the planet before. She avoided politics like a galactic plague. But now she was about to be drawn into them. A known war criminal will be subject to the same laws as any mass murderer.

She could understand a nervousness that required the Jedi to have a presence - but in truth, the most she expected the politicians to allow them to do was to interview him and ascertain the best way to ensure he posed no further threat. Would they be allowed to vouch for him if they believed he posed no further threat. That probably depended on which way the wind was blowing. Maybe the politicians will allow the Jedi to oversee any rehabilitation?

But she knew she was getting ahead of herself. Each case needed to be judged on its own merits, and so she needed to hear from whoever was on the ground - which would be [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"].

[member="Alen Na'Varro"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

As luck would have it Kian was on Onderon, or at least above it. The Gnost Dural was stationed in orbit above the capital of the Republic world refueling and restocking their supplies. It was a highly tense period for the crew. The Gnost Dural operated in stealth and secrecy and was typically safe due to the fact that it was very hard to pinpoint where the floating enclave of the Jedi Shadows were. But when it needed to refuel or restock on supplies, the vessel was vulnerable.

It was within this atmosphere of tension that word came to Kian that there was a Sith at the Jedi Enclave on the planets surface. Years of Shadow work had left Kian a bit overly cautious, a trait that was common among the sect, and he immediately put the security forces on guard. Jumping into a transport vessel and flanked by two Jedi Knights, Kian made his way toward the capital city. He was trying to avoid coming down to the planets surface, least he get called before another Senator to 'justify' the Jedi expenditures with regards to the Shadows....but this was something he couldn't avoid.

Within a few minutes Kian and his Shadow companions made their way to the meeting, where he was relieved to see [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] had beaten him there. As Kian approached the group, his eyes fell on [member="Alen Na'Varro"] and Kian began to search his memory for the man. Kian spent most of his days searching for Sith....but Kian couldn't say he knew this man, at least not by sight.

"What is your name?" Kian asked as he stepped around to stand beside Seraphina. The two Shadows stood a few yards behind the Sith, not menacingly but merely as a precaution. "I am Kian Karr." Kian said touching a hand to his chest, realizing that he should probably give the man the courtesy of introducing himself as well.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

While the Sith and Sera exchanged a few brief words she felt Kian's presence as he got nearer to the group. Had Kian not shown up when he did she would have simply agreed to his surrender and had the soldiers place the man under arrest via Force shackles, and brought to a holding chamber to wait for the council to direct orders as to what they wished to do with him. It was anything but her place to decide his fate unless he openly engaged in an aggressive manner.

As Kian stepped aside her the Twi'lek's eyes shifted momentarily to acknowledge him. "Master Karr. This Sith came willingly it would appear to Onderon...To surrender to the Jedi. If my tone does not sound enthused it is simply out of confusion. I've never in my life seen one so openly give himself to us. I suppose the galaxy always has more surprises."

After the Kel-Dor spoke to Alen and relayed his name, she felt a bit embarrassed that she hadn't shown similar common courtesy, though the situation had been far more tense just moments ago.

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Alen Na'Varro"]

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

"What is your name?" said the Kel'dor, his manner calm and confident. Na'Varro could feel his aura, more prominent than the Cambrian Knight who stood next to him. This one was one of note; the bearded man could feel it in the waves of Light that exuded from him. Where the Cambrian was like a torch in the night, the Kel'dor was like a sun in the sky. That was one difference between Knight and Master. But that was not the only difference. Where Sith deferred only to ambition and power, Jedi deferred to experience and character. That was one aspect of the Jedi that Na'Varro had remembered as a young Dark Jedi centuries ago, long before the Darkness had consumed him completely. Now he emerged from the abyss to reclaim his life. "I am Kian Karr."

If Na'Varro noted the Shadows behind him, he did not show it. The man he knew he was capable of carving through them like a hot knife through butter, even in his reduced state. But he had no intention of doing that, not unless his hand was forced by outward aggression. It was strange. Not long ago, he would have expected fear, nerves and hostility from the Jedi. They would have provoked him, and he would have had to slay them in order to survive. There were times when a parlay with Jedi would have been untenable. That was no longer the case, it seemed.

"Master Karr ... I am Na'Varro. Alen Na'Varro." It appeared that Karr was not familiar with him; Na'Varro could not decide if that was strange or not. True, Na'Varro was only well known by those who frequented the Unknown Regions and Outer Rim, but he was still a stalwart of one of the Republic's historical rivals. Maybe the Jedi no longer busied themselves with politics? If that was the case, Na'Varro approved. "Formerly a Sith Lord known as Darth Strider, and still an Arbiter of the Fringe. I am here as a private citizen, and do not represent the Fringe here in any way, shape or form."

Formalities and legal obligations done, then. Na'Varro's tone shifted, from formal to conversational. Was there no reason they could not be polite?

"I was just telling the young Knight here about my wish to surrender into your custody." He smiled. "What you choose to do to me is beyond my control. I'm tired, Jedi. Tired of repeating old mistakes, tired of bringing misfortune to myself. In my life I have achieved great power, and an unnatural skill with the blade ... but to what end? Why would I be this if I could be anything else?" His eyes searched the Kel'dor's face. Would he understand why Na'Varro did this? Would the wisdom his time as a Jedi granted him divine that much from the bearded man's words?

Kian cast a sideways glance at Seraphina as Alen began to tell why he was here. Once his name was stated, Kian began to search his memory. Much of the work of the Shadows had been too focused on the One Sith menace as of late. While he knew some of the details pertaining to the man's life, he didn't know of him as well as he had the leading members of the One Sith. Kian knew he was a formidable military mind who had defeated the Republic in numerous battles in the past, but regretfully little more than that.

"Well we can certainly see to that." Kian said folding his arms across his chest and running his hand over his antiox mask. "But I must say I am curious."

"I can understand the wish to get away from it...but what do you see happening? What do you aim for?" Kian asked. "You would naturally have to go before the Senate for them to decide how to deal with you, considering any crimes you may have committed in your time as a Sith....but what do you want to see happen?"

"Are you hear to abandon the darkside and walk the path of the light? Or to answer for your crimes?" Kian asked, truly interested in the answer. He'd seen, on rare occasions, Sith turn themselves in....usually for the hope that they could be redeemed and other times for the hope of gaining intelligence and betraying the Republic down the line.
[member="Alen Na'Varro"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]​

Corvus docked her ship and paused. She'd been in this scenario before, like a cheap comedy holoflic. No sooner has the prisoner been put in a place where he was prepared to talk openly than a new person would join the conversation and they'd start again. From her proximity, she could sense Kian and Sera - they were both known to her. And a presence that could only be the Sith Lord.

So she sat and waited, staring out of the cockpit at the small hangar she was parked in, attached to the Enclave. And she closed her eyes and connected to the Force. She meditated - if the Force required her presence she would know of it. If Kian or Sera needed her, she would know of it.

Until then - she trusted them both to handle the situation.

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Alen Na'Varro"] | [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

The Force could only supplement aging bones so much. Caked in sweat, Jacen Voidstalked jogged around the corner of the academy, blissfully unaware of transpiring events. As he slowed to a brisk walk, grimacing as his wounded hip started to burn, a voice on the wind reached his ears.

"Master Karr ... I am Na'Varro. Alen Na'Varro."

The quiet voice and use of an almost indistinguishable red font meant that Jacen barely caught the name. Grimacing with the effort he pushed himself into a jog again, rounding the corner until he could see the party gathered outside the Temple.

That couldn’t be the General Na’Varro. Jacen had been on O’reen, fighting with a private military outfit for the Republic. They’d been completely overrun by Fringe ground forces. It had been the first time Jacen had heard someone shout “Fight to the last!” and genuinely mean it. He thought he would always be able to vividly recall those memories. The gut wrenching fear of having to face his own mortality, before it was quickly extinguished by adrenaline. Of course, he was still alive. Many hadn’t been so lucky, but the stubborn group had eventually negotiated a surrender.

Feth, they’d studied the work of Na’Varro. Once the Protectorate had shared their situational awareness reports, it had become part of the mercenary outfit’s training for officers. It was the most crushing defeat of a peer ground force in recent times. The most glorious victory that hadn’t been. His use of superior battlefield tempo, misdirection, and downright balls had been a joy to watch unfold on a simple holo-display. Probably hadn’t been for the grunts on the ground, as ever. There were mistakes on the other side of course, as there always were. No one usually placed their artillery in such a vulnerable position.

“considering any crimes you may have committed in your time as a Sith”

The clear yellow font reached his ears more readily, but the content was still a revelation. He knew of Na’Varro as a soldier and leader, but nothing of a Sith Lord. Jacen couldn’t quite decide how he felt about that. You respected your enemies, but you never looked up to them. The Jedi didn’t teach much respect for the Sith however.

He could make out the alarms in the distance now, should have heard them already he supposed. As a padawan, he probably should have been retreating, but there seemed to be enough guards and Masters between an unarmed man and the temple. He wasn’t one of their children to be hidden away either. Despite his padawan status, he’d taken greater risks than this before. Keeping his distance, he decided to watch events unfold until told otherwise.

OOC/ Happy to make any historical corrections. (Several posts were also made whilst I was writing...)

The steady click of booted heels on the flagstones preceded the arrival of a human male. He wore the traditional earth-toned robes of a Jedi, their roughspun fabrics enfolding his tall and well-built form. Stern was his austere bearing and stern was his steel-eyed gaze, framed by the darkening fire of ear-length locks. Beneath a week's growth of red-gold stubble stood the faded weal of an old scar, carving cruelly beneath his right eye and ending half-way down his cheek.

A bone-weary haggardness seeped through the marbled stone of his mien, though his eyes were as quick as ever. The gray clouds spotted the grizzled veteran and darkened with storm, crackling like lightning as they passed over onlookers and flicked between the Kel Dor Jedi and the human Sith.

He'd caught the tail-end of the conversation. It was enough to deduce the rest. His hope for rest after the latest year-long mission was to be forlorn then. He crumpled the emotion like a piece of paper and tossed it aside.

"[member="Alen Na'Varro"]," his words betrayed no fatigue, but came calm and crisp, like the crackle of a lightning bolt. Though they left the air filled with the smell of authority rather than ozone.

Korr glanced at [member="Kian Karr"]. It felt like an age since they'd last spoke. Would that their reunion had been under more light-hearted circumstances.

"I told you we needed a procedure," he said drily.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Na'Varro pondered Karr's words for a second. What did he truly wish to achieve? The bearded man, in his early forties with brownish-red hair fading to grey, had not yet come to terms with exactly what it was he wanted from turning himself over to the Jedi. Truly, he was wiped; his mind still recovering from a frozen week of memories and mental torture. He only knew what he wanted in his gut. A sense of finality, an end to it all. Was there anything beyond that end? Perhaps his life could begin anew, if he was afforded that chance. Right now, all Na'Varro could feel was that he wanted peace ... but at the end of the day, he knew that he would not be satisfied with that. A Sith he may no longer be, but a man of action he remained.

"I hadn't given it much thought." The former Sith's facial expression was sheepish, if anything. "If it's possible, I'd like to walk in the Light. Settle down, find my feet ... and when trusted, serve in some capacity. There are areas where I am considered quite skilled.""

That statement was not prideful, just matter of fact. The Jedi could not expect false hubris from Na'Varro, just an honest assessment of himself. He had always been forthright as such.

A new Jedi entered the scene, this one different again. Tall, battle weary and confident in a way that reminded Na'Varro of a younger version of himself. This one he liked. Na'Varro smirked at his comment, noting the growing attention his appearance had caused. A crowd of Padawans gathered behind the Jedi Master and his accompanying and exponentially growing assortment of Knights, one older and clearly more battle-hardened than the rest. The bearded man turned his attention back to the three he was in conversation with, picking up on Korr's last point.

"Any procedure wouldn't be worth squat without a rehearsal, bloke." His implication, however joviall and light-hearted its intention, was clear.

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]​

Kian felt his approach and was genuinely surprised by it. It had been quite some time since Kian and Jedi Korr had spoken and he was glad to see him again.

"You did indeed!" Kian said to Ryan as he approached and he bowed his head to him in greeting. Turning back toward Alen Na'Varro as he spoke, Kian listened to what the Sith had to say. He wanted to walk in the light? Serve the Republic? These were the things that Kian had wanted to hear and as such he immediately put them in his mind as suspect. You could never afford to trust a Sith.....at least not initially. Hence the procedures!

"It is a noble thing to turn away from the dark....and a difficult one, if sincere." Kian said folding his arms behind his back.

"First you would need to go before the Senate and they would need to decide whether or not you are to be placed in our custody or if they feel you should be put on trial for your crimes." Kian said shrugging. The Jedi were guardians of the Republic and servants to it. As such, they were beholden to its laws.

"Assuming all goes well with the Senate....the Council will need to meet with you and decide how to proceed." Kian said, unable to give any definitive answers.

"But I would like to know more about your decision to walk away from the dark." Kian said again running his hand over his antiox mask in contemplation.

"Why do you wish to walk in the light? What has prompted this decision?"

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Alen Na'Varro"]​

"Many things.." Na'Varro pondered for a time, deep in thought. It seemed like he wouldn't speak again, but suddenly he did, his eyes showing that he carried the weight of many things. They spoke of those things deeply, and amongst those things there was pain. And sorrow. All of it born by loss.

"It took a lengthy time for me to go through the processes that turned me from dark to light. Six years ... or perhaps it was my whole life culminating at the point we find ourselves at now. Regardless ... for the last six years, I have been wandering the wastes of the Unknown Regions and beyond, slaying monsters that threatened the Fringe, and by extent the galaxy itself. During that time, I lost the love I had for fighting, and began doing it instead out of duty. My connection to the Dark Side gradually ebbed. I thought that it was born of my aging, but after a while I dismissed that, knowing that age only brings more knowledge and therefore more power. Slowly, I became less angry, and more tired, and turned from physical contests of blood and glory and more towards tactics. I still defended the borders, but not as I did before, simply because I could not."

He paused, remembering the memories that until recently, had become long forgotten.

"Earlier this year, my thoughts returned to the origins of my training. Of my first Master, an exiled Sith Lord hiding amongst a sect of Dark Jedi dedicated to restoring peace and order to the galaxy through more ... nefarious means. My Master had no such ambitions, instead focusing on himself and his own power. In his influence, I followed him to that end, and perverted my dedication to a noble cause. After a while, my Master disappeared into wildspace, never to be seen again, and I followed another, this one a good man who I deceived. For the sake of his wife and their child, he once went to Hoth to find redemption. He was trapped, and I found myself, for the first time, compelled to save him. So I did."

"Two weeks ago, I returned to Hoth. I found myself trapped as he had been trapped, and memories forced upon me that I had long suppressed. Memories of my father, who made me the man I am. Of my wife and children, who I lost to my many enemies. Those memories had the effect of redemption, of some sort at least. I guess my ambition for power has only led me to unfortunate ends, and has taken everything from me. I only wish to change, and save my life before I am too late."

[member="Kian Karr"]​

Kian listened to what Na'Varro had to say and had to admit it as along what he had hoped to hear. The story of his waning connection to the darkside was a good thing as was the wish for redemption. However, he was a Sith Lord and there was only so much Kian could trust him.....so far. Kian found his mind wandering for a moment however when Alen mentioned the loss of his wife and child. For a brief moment in time, images flashed before Kian's eyes....images of a life that felt like ions ago.

Kian pushed these aside though. He'd come to grips with his past and right now the important thing was the future. Namely, Na'Varro's future with the Jedi.

"Your story humbles me." Kian said taking a non-threatening step closer. "But, as I've stated, we can't decide your fate in the Republic.....that is for the Senate."

"I believe you wish to walk in the light, though it won't be an easy path and trust will have to be earned." Kian said shrugging apologetically. "It won't be easy, at least at first, for many to look past who you were and what you did, but in time, and assuming you remain sincere in your redemption, it can be done."

"As Jedi Korr has indicated, there is a process by which we welcome former-Sith and Dark Jedi into our ranks and, assuming the Senate places you in our custody, we will follow it."

"Knowing all this." Kian said, turning his head sideways and examining the man closely, "Do you wish to proceed?"

[member="Alen Na'Varro"] | [member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]​

[member="Kian Karr"]​
"Do you wish to proceed?"

A lifetime of decisions had led to this point. Not all were his own, but it was true that every decision in the galaxy during his period of life had effected him in some way. All of those decisions had varying levels of power over the course that he had inevitably chosen. All of those things, all of those emotions ... pain, rage, bloodlust, a touch of happiness, duty, loyalty ... they had led to now. A culminating point. A day of decision that would shape his future. Na'Varro would move forward through this door, and see what the galaxy would bring him next.

"Yes." Na'Varro spoke the words with strength, and awaited what Master Karr had for him next. Force give me strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom