Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Exploding Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hundan Dashi

Hand me some detonite and a toothpick
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Appearing-Rose-Close-Up-Street-Stage-Flower.jpg_350x350.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoXOId25ms[/youtube]

• Intent: A calling card and semi useful weapon for Hundan Doshi's dumb shenanigans.
  • Image Source: It's a alibaba photo of a gimmick magic folding rose for the photo, and the video is from the youtube channel "Rig fury"
  • Canon Link: n/a
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Hundan himself.
  • Affiliation: Hundan Dashi, the criminal GENIUS!
  • Model: E-24 exploding rose.
  • Modularity: None of note.

• Production: Limited. While Hundan makes a lot of them, he doesn't really have time to mass-produce them for others.
  • Material: Detonite, very tiny transmitters, durasteel for the thorns, a good amount of flash paper and occasionally non-flammable glitter.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Thrown light explosive
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Very Light,
  • Ammunition Type: As a thrown grenade, the item itself is the ammo.
  • Ammunition Capacity: N/A

• Reload Speed: None
  • Effective Range: Long Range/personal
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Stopping Power: Low
  • Recoil: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Gag weapon: due to the folding nature, small size, and the fact that it looks like a child's magic trick, it's damn easy to get through a weapons search or check.
  • EXCELLENT! STYLISH!: The mixture of flash paper and detonite can be pretty stunning if you're looking at it, basically making it a pretty okay flash-bang.
  • Composting makes lovely flowers: They're cheap and easy to make, because they use very, very little detonite for the overall effect.
  • A rose with thorns: The small "thorns" of scrap durasteel allow it to stick to thigns softer than durasteel when thrown properly
  • Simple sleight of hand: The transmitters allow for timed, impact, or set detonation, provided you have something to set them with.
  • Light as a petal in the wind: The light weight and aerodynamic design allow it to be thrown better than most things you'd throw at your enemies
  • Elegant as its scent: It's easy to pack glitter (the craft supply or the stim), smoke, powder, or cayenne into the folds, if you've got some handy.
Weaknesses:
  • This usually doesn't happen, I swear: They are somewaht senstive, and sudden electrical or fire exposure can damage the transmitters, possibly triggering a premature detonation, or just causing it to fizzle completely.
  • Kiss from a rose: The shock wave is only about the size of a person's head, and the explosive yield is minimal. It's about as dangerous as a firecracker, and it certainly won't pierce the decent armor most sane people wear to a fight.
  • Behold my brilliance: Only one idiot in the galaxy is dumb enough to use this thing, which makes this toy both a calling card and a tell. "Dashi jobs" are characterized by the juvenility of this gimmick, among others.
  • Wait, why am I bleeding: You can nick yourself on the thorns if you're not careful.
  • Roses are not Lotuses: Since the main design is out of paper, it doesn't hold up to rain or water.
DESCRIPTION

Inspired by noble tales of ridiculous razor-rakes and theatrical holo-dramas, the brilliant master of bastards Hundan Dashi developed a weapon that is inspirational in both it's elegance and simplicity. Using a mixture of old "torch to rose" magic tricks common in parlors across the Coruscanti stage magic scene, Hundan decided to include a micro-transmitter and some detonite, inverting the trick. Truning a torch to a rose is beautiful, but a rose that explodes brilliantly, if not powerfully. After 23 unsuccessful prototypes, the exploding rose model finally succeeded.

Why did he do this, pray tell? Because it's karking hilarious, mostly. And because the rose, in yellow upon a red background, is the symbol of the fallen Hoshiro dynasty. After all, what's the point of being a bandit lord in an insane galaxy full of monsters and madmen if you can't honor your ancestors with ridiculously impractical pyrotechnics?

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="Hundan Dashi"],

Not going to lie, this is pretty impressive of an idea. Wish I had thought of this earlier. Anyways, to the nitty gritty.

Hundan Dashi said:
Canon Link: I'll link to the materials if asked.
You can put N/A for this field as there is nothing you need here that I am aware of.

Hundan Dashi said:
Manufacturer: Hundan himself.
Please link the character biography as the manufacturer.

Hundan Dashi said:
Model: E-24 low-yield entry weapon. Protypes 1-23 were not excellent enough to be called E.
Just the name is required here. However, this bit of information would be best suited in the description of the rose.

Hundan Dashi said:
Modularity: This trick also works with folding fans and sunflowers, but the Rose is the typical model.
As this is the submission for only the rose, I recommend removing this. As it is called "The Exploding Rose." Not "The Exploding Sunflower."

Hundan Dashi said:
Material: Detonite, very tiny transmitters, durasteel for the thorns, a good amount of flash paper and occasionally non-flammable glitter.
Please link all specifically named materials.

Hundan Dashi said:
Size: Small enough to fit them in your sleeves or lapels.
"Small" Will be fine.

Hundan Dashi said:
Weight: Very Light, so you can throw them for quite a bit.
"Very Light." Will also suffice.

Hundan Dashi said:
Effective Range: Long Range, which sounds odd for a thrown weapon, but there you are.
If you would like, the range of this weapon could be listed as "Personal - Long Range" As the range of the weapon depends on how well the user can actually throw it.

Hundan Dashi said:
Rate of Fire: High, Provided you're good at it.
There isn't really a rate of fire for this. Its a one and done weapon.

Hundan Dashi said:
Stopping Power: Low, it's more about style, really.
"Low" will be sufficient."

Hundan Dashi said:
Recoil: None, unless you hold it when it explodes, you dummy.
"None" will be all that is needed here.

Hundan Dashi said:
Simple sleight of hand:
Just because my OCD is kicking in, if you want to bold the strength listed here to match the rest, you may.

Hundan Dashi said:
This usually doesn't happen, I swear: They are not durable, and the transmitter will fail in the event of a blunt impact, trigger a premature detonation
This doesn't feel like a complete sentence. Does the weapon have a premature detonation if simply "bumped into?" Or it is just that it could have the transmitter fail? I would like for you to expand on this a bit.

Hundan Dashi said:
A rose with thorns: The small "thorns" of scrap durasteel allow it to stick to thigns softer than durasteel when thrown properly
You could also add this as a weakness where someone could accidentally stab themselves with the thorns/barbs on the rose.

Hundan Dashi

Hand me some detonite and a toothpick
[member="Vigil Rostu"]

Edits made. I tweaked the impact weakness to something else entirely, as I don't remember what I was initially going for. I also added a weakness that I forgot to add in initially and fixed a few spelling errors. Let me know if anything else needs tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom