Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Exegetic Episodes of the Bloodtrailed Bashtok and the Emergent Matriarch

Two eyebrows rose in tandem. Blue stared askance.

Many people sought to please her; others pleased to please. But few were those who said the word on equal footing rather than their knees.

So— it was the please that did her in.

Aver waved her hand at the console with a theatrical sigh.

You want company?

The smirk that spread across Qui's expression wasn't one of victory, but one of enthusiasm. The hatch opened, permitting the whipping winds and the screeches of frenzied beasts tearing past the ship in an effort to get very far away. She held at the open doorway, hands placed at either side of the jamb, eyes seeking out her options for a new ride.

You want company?

Des paused as shifted to make her exit and looked at Aver over her shoulder, grinning.

Of course.

A moment later she reenacted her jump off the Spire of Tranquility, only this time she wasn't aiming for a wayward speeder, but an unsuspecting Bastard.

One last, brief glance was spared for the displeased instruments in the cockpit. Their distance from the ground was constantly fluctuating – but then that’ll happen when the frakking ground is moving.

Only on Thral™.

Aver pushed out of her chair and ruffled Shai’s neck-spines as an afterthought.

Unsuspecting Bastard #2 was, if possible, even less lucky than its shocked compatriot. Alchemized bones had nothing on gleeful claws of Skerr Ygdris.

After a few bouts of token resistance, the two beasts quickly found themselves outmatched, and their flight redirected opposite their screaming self-preservation instinct.

The sound of cackling followed Aver's quarrel with the rancorous bastard, green eyes glinting with humor behind the whipping tendrils of blond braids. Shai watched through the open hatch door, leaning as the plating closed, to watch the pair tear off towards the moving mountain, leaving the shuttle to follow it's autopilot route back to Aver's ship in orbit.

Shai was not amused.

They spent the entire day following this behemoth, darting about its massive bulk as it trudged across the landscape, carving destruction and forming new mountains in its path. There were, naturally, ample opportunities for Aver to remark the size of various appendages in her art of innuendo. The day would not be complete without them.

Hunting was made far more difficult. Prey creatures were fleeing for miles around and Qui was not want to lose sight of the mountain...not that it was moving at any incredible pace. They made do with putting a creature, trapped beneath a downed tree, out of its misery and took the meal skyward to search for a place to set up camp.

There was a moment where the pair sailed side by side, silently surveying the mutilated landscape at the seemingly insatiable mountain as it plowed its way through the jungle. They shared a glance and had the same thought at the same time. Yeah, you bet your ass they set up camp on the back of the behemoth.

Right between the shoulderblades.

Quietus had a clearing chosen and a fire roaring in little time. They settled into the strange movement of the land surrounded by the cacophony of the earth splitting beneath its weight and the lands screaming in terror.

She found a soft spot of ground near the fire to set down upon and slowly began unbuckling her greaves, looking particularly pleased with herself. The dog that got to spend all day chasing cars.

And you didn't want to open the hatch...

Her eyeroll was an audible thing.

I thought you wanted to hunt it.

It was, after all, the proverbial white whale. On land. And it was more grayish-brown.

But no matter.

Aver directed a curious gaze at the darkening sky. The first stars were shyly twinkling into existence, forming familiar constellations.

There were only two planets where she could tell her way across the firmament. (If only because there was no sky on Nadir.)

How high do you think we are right now?

The question seemed innocuous enough.

An audible chuckle shook the blond woman, her head drifting to one side as she leaned to stoke the fire, a hunk of meat skewered on a spit dripping fat into the flames.

What would I do with a dead mountain...

She tossed a greave to the side and began working on the other, watching her mate as she watched the skies, noting how the firelight caught in her red hair.

Oh I don't know... high enough to regret the fall no doubt. Why?

A not-quite-innocuous batting of lashes, then.

Her gaze sauntered slowly down between the pinpricks of stars, through the trees swaying gently to and fro with the motion of the mountain, and settled home in the green eyes intent on her.

Aver had never squirmed under scrutiny. If anything, she preened.

Just wondering.

Leaning forward to tug on the clasps of her armor, in a tone like silk on skin – Let me help with that.

An easy smile answered the offer to help.

Aver had the luxury of armor that could disassemble on a whim, left to scuttle off and forage across their roving campsight. What would they find out there on the landscape of the living mountain? Who knew.

Despite being fully aware of ulterior motives to helping her undress, Des couldn't help but recall the memory of the sleepy morning on Onderon nearly twenty years ago. The pair sitting in the cool, merciful hours of a summer dawn, pulling free the beads and braids of her mane in silence. It was a good memory, and not just for what followed the freeing of her hair, but for the rare nature of the interaction.

A far fonder thing to think of than the many things that had plagued her dreams. Memories she would have rather kept locked away than relive.

So much for sleeping.

Her smirk returned as the second greave joined the first and she moved to start on her left leg.

The cracked veneer of propriety well and truly disappeared under the weight of her grin. She dropped her chin on Qui’s shoulder as she worked the network of knots and latches.

A little modern technology wouldn’t kill you, you know.

The flitting thought soon faded back into her buzzing mind, and Aver continued in silence. Nothing but the happy crackling of flames and the distant rumble of landscaping by giant beast. Her throat filled with a low hum of its own accord as she tugged the armor free, laying the bleached bones down by the fire one by one.

“For the record,” she said and leaned back on her elbows, “my driving isn’t worse than that jump from the spire.”

The gauntlets and cuirass pulled free left behind a soft leather bodice. In short enough time she was bare of the alchemized trappings, skin tingling in the coming night air and the breeze over the great beast's spine. Des remained sitting forward at the fire, pulling one of her twin daggers to cut into the meat and serve to Aver, the other dagger used for herself.

She snorted as she dug in, propping a brow at the woman with a glance, You didn't see the part where I nailed the landing and caught my companions.

Thoughtfully chewing on the succulent meat, Aver considered her response. Then she offered a one-shouldered shrug, her expression anything but apologetic.

Not my fault Thral decided to go all alarm clock of doom on our asses.

She patted the earth beneath them and licked the last of the grease off her fingers.

Was that the same guy who… Aver made a bowtie gesture at her throat, a crooked smile on her lips.

Her brows rose in consideration of that response. It did strike her as terribly coincidental that this beast should rise from its slumber on that particular night. While she didn't know anything about the monster, what she did know about others like it was that they didn't wake very often. Made her wonder...

Was that the same guy who...

Another glance back, smile disappearing as she opted to tear another piece off to chew.

Yes, that was him.

She nodded, slow and ponderous as she swallowed the rest of the meat.

Blue eyes cut across the shadows of the forests and back into the pool of light where her mate reclined in all her sprawled splendor.

And the other stuff?

A rare show of compassion, letting the matter lie. But incapability and choice are not one and the same.

Mm...

Had to think back to the faces she saw in those dreams. Many of them had not been on her mind for ... well, centuries.

My father, Darth Immortus, she recalled the ghastly face from the whirlwind duel in the desserts of Korriban, left me to die from my wounds on Korriban. Her eyes narrowed, cheeks pressing upwards in distaste of the other memories the thought of her father dredged up. Too many bad ones. She could not think of a single pleasant memory of him in her life - which was just as well, her hatred for him had fed her need to break from the Sith later on in her youth.

And... what else? Oh yes, the memory of dreamwalking, a very short-lived mate named Meric whose ideas were too absurd even for the Sith. He liked to believe that everything that happened was ordained by Fate. Tried to start a cult surrounding his beliefs. Tried to convince me to join.

She sniffed with a scowl, We agreed to disagree.

Counting the stars with her eyes closed, arms tucked under her head, swaying back and forth with the rhythm of the mountains. How frakkin’ idyllic.

Her mouth twitched when her mate began to answer, but Aver wisely bit her tongue. There were times for snarky comments, and there were times to keep quiet. In dating a mute, one learned surprisingly quickly to distinguish between the two.

What’s short-lived in Quietus years?

Still a work in progress, though.

Two years.

Golden brows rose wistfully on her brow, I suppose it was more of a sneeze on my timeline... her gaze swiveled down to Aver, smirking without the smirk.

Congratulations, you made it to hiccup.

A grin bloomed on the ex-Beastia's face, fangs glinting in the firelight as she grabbed the offending foot.

Mm, I think a belch is probably more apt.

The grin persisted, she bit at her lower lip through it.

Aver snorted, head rolling back as she grinned at the sky. Footrubs? How disgustingly domestic, Qui.

And no belching. There was a sigh in there somewhere. So many missed Taungsdays. ‘Least not until I have my steak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom