Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Frenemy~

He laughed, "The Republic is full of contradictions and hypocrisy, Ashin. Which is why we must tear it down... Through totalitarian force is the only way we can unite the Galaxy." Unlike many Sith, Kaine was a firm believer in the ideals of the Empire he was ruling, and believed that a true Galactic Empire was the best thing for the Galaxy. Only thing that's stopping him is the meddlesome forces of 'Justice', and 'Light'. Soon enough they would be swallowed by the darkness residing in the hearts of all, even the Jedi.

For it is easy for a Jedi to fall into the darkness, and hard for a Sith to come out into the light.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"On that, we are fully agreed. The Republic can't support its claimed ideals, can't back up its proclamations of righteousness. Sometimes I think it would be wonderful for all Sith to just leave the Republic entirely alone and force them to admit to themselves that they attack us because they hate us. Republic justice is no justice at all -- traitors and warmongers have been pardoned and included in the Jedi Council. True justice relies on order, and the Republic has none, except for when its leaders adopt our tactics. I begin to suspect that the proper application of truth could sway more than a few of our enemies. Witness how many of the best and purest Jedi have left for ideological reasons - Jaxton Ravos, Boolon Murr, Aleidis Ijet, Seroth Ur-Rahn, Senator Hion of Tython, and others. We face a rotten enemy that despises us while becoming us, and that's a thing I cannot abide. When they come, there'll be no quarter given, no time wasted on verbal duelling or humiliation or manipulation or maiming. They're fanatics and I'm fresh out of patience. When these so-called Jedi Masters come, I'm going to kill them."

"Hion saw the rotten truth behind the 'righteous' facade of the Jedi, he will be a powerful weapon against them." He relaxed back in his chair, lightly steeping and unsteeping his hands slowly. "Ashin, have you heard of the Deck of 52? It was created in the wake of the Siege of Nar Shadda, and it's a long, very long hit list of Republic personal responsible for the atrocities committed there, as well as high priority military targets, Jedi, and the entire Jedi Council. The hit has reached the ears of nearly every bounty hunter in the galaxy. One of the Sun's representatives, a Mr. Ash, came to me in the aftermath of Nar Shadda and sought to reaffirm the old allegiances between the Empire and the Syndicate. I had assured him that the Empire was still their allies, and fully endorsed the Deck of 52. You should do the same, and let your people hunt down these fools."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"I'm familiar with the Deck of 52. An inspired idea with poor execution. They really had to scrounge up Padawan names to round out the required number, and I'm not about to make myself look the fool by telling my people to hunt down insignificant Padawans. I'm also not fond of the requirements that certain hunts have to be cleared through a Black Sun leader -- do they want these people caught or not? That said, the bounties on the higher-ups are...uniquely interesting. They certainly dwarf any bounties on the Rebel Alliance of which I'm aware.

"I'll pass out some of the cards to my top associates, make them aware of the bounties. What they do with those bounties will be on their own time, for now. Who knows. If it comes to war with the Protectorate, I may have my own set of bounties to issue."

"Indeed, but I fear we may have gone on longer than I had anticipated, Ashin." His face changed emotions slightly, from his hard stoic impassiveness to a somewhat lightened tone, "I won't lie, I dreaded coming here to meet you after all that's transpired between us, but..." He tried hard to muster those words, and it took a great deal of inner strength and will to do it. "It was good to see you again, Ashin. If this is all we really need to talk about, then I suppose we should be on our separate ways, and meet again when the time is right."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"It was...surprisingly good to see you as well, Your Majesty," she said, with the first respect she'd shown since entering the room. "Let's keep the back channels open. I get the distinct feeling we'll be finding each other useful in the near future."

She rose from her chair and was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom