Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion The empire was right

What's your opinion?

• They were both good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Aye, the Empire were the good guys. I mean, they may have been Facist look-alikes in white skull plastics and goose stepping parade pants? But, come on. That's just space fashion. Vader was a great guy. He lifted people up. Levitated them even. He freed whole sectors from the galactic tyranny of 'free thinking', 'voting', and troublesome compromise of 'equality'. Come on people. Stop using your heads. Just do what the government tells you.

The Empire were the good guys. The gun to my head tells me so. :D :p

The Inexhaustible
DigitalDamagedHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

Karsan Munin Karsan Munin

Lily Kuhn

L
The empire was evil, there is no argument to make them good. Every action they took was with malicious intent; not for order or some other scapegoat, but for instilling fear and maintaining despotic control.

Make a case for it in-character if you want, but there is nothing good about them in the real world.

While the government of the Empire can be easily be stated as bad guys, Its Canon that there were individuals who joined the empire for other reasons that aren't evil.

Individuals? Sure. They could be good but guilty by association. The empire as a whole? No they are built and modeled after bad people.

The Empire was space Nazis. They strip-mined planets and destroyed ecosystems to replace with supplies for the war-machine. They arrested and held people without trial, enslaved massive amounts of people, subjected non-humans to second-class citizens (or worse), and deliberately targeted civilians as means of suppressing dissent. Add in Imperial predilection for torture and destroying historical and cultural artifacts, not really possible to see any way that they can be seen as good guys from an OOC or real-world discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom