OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A ship for the Bareesh Kajidic mercenary fleet.
- Image Source: Lords of Nad Hutt by Darren Tan, Mandalorian Mercs Krayt Clan Emblem by Mercs.Firespray
- Canon Link: Tarrada-class Frigate
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Kwenn Space Station, Bareesh Kajidic
- Model: Tarrada-class Frigate
- Affiliation: Gorba the Hutt, Bareesh Kajidic
- Production: Unique
- Material: Durasteel Hull
- Classification: Escort Frigate
- Length: 250 meters
- Width: 80 meters
- Height: 40 meters
- Armament: Extreme
24 Ionite All-Purpose Mass Drivers (10 port, 10 starboard, 2 fore, 2 aft)
- 2 Tractor Beams
- ECM System
[*]Hangar: Average - 1
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average
[*]Speed Rating: Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average - 2
- Life Support Systems
- Communications Array
- Shield Generator
- Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor
- Solar Sails: While mostly for form rather than function, a number of solar sails sprout from the surface of the Dragonsnake, lending it a winged appearance. These sails, however, are fully functional and the vessel can traverse space without engines if need arises.
- Guns of Ionite: The Dragonsnake's deck cannons can fire refined ionized rounds capable of penetrating conventional shielding.
- Plodding Gait: Its engines are not particularly powerful and it is fairly slow.
- Breath Runs Dry: The Dragonsnake carries deck cannons, but those cannons are supplied with ammunition, which will eventually run out. Consequently, after an engagement, the ship needs to resupply.
The Dragonsnake is an escort frigate, equipped primarily with all-purpose mass drivers. These deck cannons can fire a variety of shot including solid rounds and flak. However, the cannons of the Dragonsnake carry a particular kind of ammunition unavailable to any of the other Kajidic ships. In other words, the Dragonsnake can fire refined ionite rounds capable of piercing through conventional shielding. Expensive, but effective.
Throughout history, Hutts have focused primarily on economic dominance and an isolationist strategy, but after the Yuuzhan Long decimated their forces hundreds of years ago, their tactics shifted. The advanced Tarrada-class war frigate was one of the results of this tactical shift. Today, the refitted Dragonsnake carries on that legacy. Although the ship is hundreds of years old, it has been gutted, refurbished, and given a new name.
It now serves as vessel in the mercenary fleet, Dragons of Bareesh.
The Dragonsnake has a crew of 120 and a troop complement of 40.