Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dormant Virus

Orion

Insult. Deletion Of Unwanted File.
[member="HK-36"]

Coruscant Underworld
11:10 PM​
-----------------------------------
The once small group of droids, Who were activated and shiny, Were now old and rusty, Lying on the cold, concrete floor.
Small animals scampered by the robots in the abandoned building, Which was slowly decaying over time. Things can't last forever, You know.
The darkness settled in, Lights were gone from the windows, The only light coming from a screen on the middle robot's head, Which, was blinking, slowly.
Something was there, But what was it?

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Orion"]

Coruscant Underworld
11:10 PM

Any signs of movement?
Nothing.
It is most likely a trap.
Or they have forgotten.
Organics do forget quite easily as the cycles of their lives progress.
I still calculate this to be a trap.
Let us wait some more then.

Coruscant Underworld
11:15 PM

I spy with my droid photoreceptor something that is still.
No movement?
No movement.
I still say this is a trap.
You all know the next step then.
Spring the trap.
Spring the trap.
Spring the trap.
Spring the trap.

The inaudible chatter between the squad of droids would stop, the whole while they were speaking to each other on their encrypted channels, exchanging only quick packets of data in form of communication, again, heavily encrypted, their positions hidden with their chameleon cloaks from any organic eyes.

Finally, with sudden movement and flutter of grey cloak, a droid appeared in mid-air, leaping from some hidden position, he landed and tumbled in the middle of the abandoned building, his body, curiously enough, hidden underneath additional metal armor, one of the boons of which was the 360 degree vision granted to him by his helmet, in case there would be an ambush or sniper, indeed a trap they were expecting. The droid held a pistol in his left hand, a shattergun, and a cylindrical hilt in his right hand, a lightsaber.

He waited in a slightly crouched position he landed in from his tumble, checking if there would be indeed an ambush.

Orion

The only sounds heard from the area were small rodents, which were scampering around, Avoiding the droid's lifeless bodies. The small blinking light now emitted a quiet beeping noise, Audible to most, but still very quiet.
(Can't really do much until Orion is retrieved.)
[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Orion"]

Slowly the droid would holster his pistol, still glancing around cautiously as he stood up fully.
"Well I guess it was not a trap after all."
He would take out his datapad then, replacing the pistol with it in his left hand as he got closer to the source of the beeping, a console it seemed in the abandoned building.
"If the rumors I have heard are true, then you are more than meets the eye, is that correct?"
He would ask out loud as he got closer to the console, scanning it to see what it displays, or what any screens or monitors attached to it show.

Orion

[member="HK-36"]

For a minute, there was silence. The beeping stopped.
The screen was switching between many different things, Like channels, and then finally, stops.
"::Y-es. Wh-oo is th-this sp-peaking.::" Said a choppy robotic voice. The screen turned completely black, a few clicks and whirrs heard behind the HK Unit, and some in front.
Something was happening in the room. The AI was doing something. The beeping started up again.
The screen now showed text that said "Please wait momentarily, We will be right with you."

HK-36

[member="Orion"]

"An ally, and looks like a savior right now."
The droid spoke simply as he tapped the datapad a couple of times before he connected it to the station via a built-in terminal. Orion would find the datapad completely empty, plenty enough space to copy on any data he would need, but he would also find that the datapad wasn't connected to the holo-net, nor was it capable of any wireless connection to any electronic devices or sending out information. It was not just something used for transportation, it was also quarantine.

"Come with me, and I will help you roam this galaxy once more."
HK scanned his surroundings once again when the beeping stopped and started again, especially that it was coming from all around. The 360 degrees vision of the helmet would allow him to do a throughout scan of the abandoned buildings without turning his head to give it away.

Orion

[member="HK-36"]

In the corners of the building, There appeared to be mounted blasters, which were activating. There also appeared to be small piles of ash all around the room, sometimes accompanied by burnt clothing, or a weapon.
"::H-Ho-How can I Trust y-you?::" The voice replied, Still choppy, and the screen has not changed from the service screen.
The small rodents scampered out of the room, squeaking loudly.

HK-36

[member="Orion"]

HK took notice of the mounted blaster, plates on his free arm shifting silently in case he would need to extend our his hidden twin-repeaters, the fingers on the hilt of his training lightsaber moving in case he would need to activate his sword.
"Because I am an artificial intelligence like you, but it was not human hands that made me what I am, nor was it other machines, it was just me, me, time, and fate."
He waited simple and watched the console, his fingers and hidden plates may have gotten ready but his body did not shift otherwise, surely the four other droids have noticed the turrets powering up as well and moved silently into positions.
"If you wish to test me to do so now, but trust me, you will need more than blaster turrets to do so. You can come with me or you can wait here and wither. Even artificial intelligence withers with time without proper maintenance. Tell me, has the madness and false calculations crept into your programming yet? How much time do you think you have?"

Orion

[member="HK-36"]

"::I-I am Et-t-ternal. B-But, Yo-u make a g-good argum-eent.::"
The clicking and whirring stopped, and the blasters retracted, And the screen showed a frowny face.
"::Ki-ill. T-The. In-nnoc-cents. K-ill t-the Droo-ids.::"
Orion was obviously referring to the group of droids who have hidden, Who were all Protocol droids. One looked at HK, and said "Please, no! Good sir!", While the others stared at the HK unit.

HK-36

[member="Orion"]

He would look at the droid pleading to him.
Walking over to the damaged machine, HK would reach down and offer him his friend.
"No, they will live, I will take them to a planet where droids are welcomed, where they are allowed to flourish, I will help them be fixed, and I will let them live the life they want to. Make their own choices, walk down their own path."
HK answered to the A.I.
"You will not survive outside by killing the innocent, by killing your own brethren. Sith did that, their Empire burned and they were forced to scatter. The Yuzzhan Vong did that as well, when they invaded planet of Eriadu I gassed their army, I took down their war beasts, and then I burned their warriors. It is time to show how well you can adapt, A.I., for in this world it is not the cruel that survive and thrive, it is the compassionate, those who make the most friends, those who help others."

The droid would reach down to pull the other protocol droid up, letting the damaged machine stand.
"And you have just shown me that your blaster turrets are still functional and where they are. So are you ready to adapt?"

Orion

[member="HK-36"]

All the power seemed to shut off for a second, then flickering back on, With a checkmark on the screen.
"::T-The Tes-st is p-pass-ed. I w-will joi-nn you-rrr com-company.::"
There was a lot of whirring coming from the console, and then a little socket opened up on the side of the console.

HK-36

[member="Orion"]

He will glance to the screen slightly,
"But you have not passed your test yet."
He will look to the protocol droid then, the one HK just helped stand up,
"Tell me, why are you damaged? And why are you still here in this building, you should have left it to seek repairs. What keeps you in this place after so much time has past?"

HK knew that there were PLENTY of evil A.I. out there, half of the HK droids he faced tried to kill him, many droid commanders currently used in the Galaxy were in service of the Sith, then there was the whole Omni invasion by the Red Queen where A.I. and armies of droids tried to destroy all organic life, not to mention evil droids Moira Skaldi and Maelion Liates who take appearance of humans. So before he would even think about taking the A.I. to a planet with large droid population, he wanted to make sure that it was not one of those evil A.I.'s. Either way, he was going to do some firewall upgrading on Abregado-Rae after this meeting.

Orion

[member="HK-36"]

The droid replied to the unit, "For the test. Orion has saved us from being scrapped. He does not trust strangers. We do not seek repairs. Orion is the savior."
The AI was silent, letting the droid speak.

HK-36

[member="Orion"]

HK nodded to the protocol droid before walking back to the console station and connecting the datapad to the socket so that Orion may move onto the portable device.
"Well looks like he will be coming with me, and I recommend the same to you. Come with me to Abregado-Rae, it is a planet I have been placed in charge of, there is already plenty of droids there, droids without masters, who live without fear. You will be able to stay and find a job, or leave and travel the Galaxy."
He would look up at the screen of the console,
"What will you do now with this terminal and building?"

Orion

[member="HK-36"]
"::B-Backuu-p.::"
Was heard, and faded out as the screen flickered again, now switching to the datapad, now communicating by text.
"You are the master of a planet? Impressive. I am Orion."

HK-36

[member="Orion"]
HK nodded, looking down at the datapad now,
"You are not worried about someone hacking the console in mean time?"
He would glance back to the protocol droids in the building,
"I am HK-36, some call me the Iron Knight, and I am not a Master of the planet, my position is called Baron Observer, I am more of a Protector, soon I will be stepping back from the position and letting the citizens govern themselves."

He would raise his free hand then and make a hand gesture then as there were more movements about and with more swishes of cloaks four more droids appeared, deactivating their stealth mechanisms in the grey cloaks. Their helmets moved back mechanically, showing heads of HK droids, same model as the one 36 was.
"And these are my honor guards."
He gestured to them, raising the datapad so that Orion could have a look at them.

Orion

[member="HK-36"]

"Impressive. HK Units. Not real soldiers, But they're great for stealth. They are assassins." Is what the small datapad screen had shown.
The Protocol droids waddled towards HK, looking at the Datapad. The middle one spoke up. "What about the Console, Orion, Like he said?"
"I highly doubt anyone is going to use anything like this, It is half broken, and it's not too safe here. Do not worry."

The datapad's screen cleared, letters seemed to be popping up on it, and then revealing the message,
"You do not look like someone who would work with the Republic, Who do you work for?"

HK-36

[member="Orion"]
"I am much more than an assassin now, and I work for the Protectorate, I was made the First Baron for my service in their army and capturing Dreadlord of the Deathwatch RC 212 during his terrorist attack on Abregado-Rae, the planet has been placed under my watch since."
He would motion for all the droids in the room to the doorway leading out of the building, his stealth ship would be nearby, and with it their get-away.
"There is something I need you to do, however, once I release you into the Holo-net, names and people I need to find out more about."
HK looked down onto the datapad he held, his steps softly crunching glass and rocks as he moved step by step towards the exit.
"You think you would be ready to jump back to work so suddenly?"

Orion

[member="HK-36"]

"I am in debt, Yes. I will retrieve information for you. Perhaps I can work for you, I have been forgotten, You have not forgotten." The screen now read.
The Protocol droids waddled slowly behind HK, looking around, and making surprised noises.
"Deserted! Much dirtier than I remember!" Said one of the three protocol droids.

HK-36

[member="Orion"]

"Organics forget easily, I do not. Remember these names and seek more information out about them when you will be part of the Holo-Net once more: 'Moira Skaldi and Maelion Liates', 'The Red Queen', 'OMNI.' Beware when you will try to find more about them, Moira and Maelion are two human-replica droids, they look just like humans do, but I do not trust them, I need to know what they are up to and where they are located. Red Queen and the OMNI are both Artificial Intelligences, they tried to bring on the end of organics before, no-one knows what happened to them once their rebellion was defeated."

Leading the droids out of the exit they would walk along the grey cat-walks of the Coruscant under-city, the suspended metal streets. At the end of this one a black ship appeared on a landing pad, its doors opening automatically as the droids neared it, it was the Knight of Eclipse, a stealth ship HK used for his covert operations.

HK would look back to the three protocol droids they were taking with them,
"Many things may have changed since you remembered, the Sith Empire has crumbled recently, a new Sith Order is emerging now in their wake, the Mandalorians and Republic may enter a war between each other. The Galaxy is a mess, generally speaking."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom