Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The direction of Vizsla leadersip

[member="Tal Vizsla"] "I don't know which way the clan will go but I am staking my clam for Alor of our clan" He stood facing the other Vizsla and tried to ready himself for the storm that would come form the other Vizsla

TING!

TING!!

TING!!!

The high-pitched ringing of metal striking metal resounded throughout the forge as the young man stepped inside to address its master. Tal made no move to rush what he was doing, nor any indication that he'd heard [member="Quoron Viszla"] until he'd finished with the piece he was working on and was finally able to set it aside. As a fellow smith, he would know the folly of leaving a piece mid-work and excuse any perception of slight or rudeness. Or he should, at any rate.

That done, Tal pulled his apron over his head and turned to regard his fellow mandalorian, fixing him with an unreadable stare for a solid minute.

"Heh."

Moving to rest his weight on a nearby stool, Tal sat and brought himself down to meet Quoron's eye level.

"That doesn't explain why you're here. Last I checked, Ronan was the sitting Alor of clan Vizsla."

[member="Tal Vizsla"] "I'm here because after Ronan's little stunt I was under the impression that he is no longer welcome at the table." The younger Vizsla was there to discuss the future of the clan and would wait until Tal was ready to have that discussion without the interference of craftsmanship. "I can see that your forge is hot and I wish not to distract you from your work. I am only here to tell you of my plan and should you disagree with it I am more than willing to amend it. Should that not be satisfactory I am willing to support others in their endeavor for Alorship."

He didn't speak for a bit after the younger man finished, rolling the words over in his head. When he did speak, it was in a deliberate tone.

"If you don't think you're the man for the job, why put your name in the hat at all?" It was a simple question, but the first that sprang to mind after the mirialan's initial outburst was followed by the more tempered offer of support for another. "You don't take the title of Alor just because there's no one else. Someone will always step in, and until they do we can handle our own business." Clearly, he didn't think it was going to be him, despite his initial declaration otherwise. "Are you trying to tell me I should take a stab at the job?"

[member="Quoron Viszla"]

Quoron was not a brash man but he was ambitious. "[member="Tal Vizsla"] I wish to direct my ambition toward leadership and given the current turbulent situation, I would like one of the loyal Vizslas to guide our clan into this new age of progress." The man stepped back and pondered what he should say next. "I only comment that I am willing to support another person's claim because I don't want any turmoil to set the clan back."

"Wise. Why do you think you're the man for the job?"

He assumed the boy was here out of some form of respect, and he wasn't keen on giving his blessing to just anyone that walked through the door. If the young man wanted his support, he'd need a damn good reason in order to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom