Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Depths of Sanity

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Da Soocha

When you had students, you taught them what they needed to know. When one had to spread the abilities that they were slowly becoming famous for because, even in the most hushed of circles there were very few others to learn them from, one suddenly became popular. And, somehow, Qae was popular with the tribals. Perhaps his simple style appealed to them, perhaps he just related well. Either way, however, he had a new apprentice, and Qae was not about to abandon all hope and home in order to let his new student go un-taught.

Enter Da Soocha, an aquatic planet in Hutt Space, a world that he knew he could at least visit. Upon its rocky shores did the Nautolan meditate, the Sky Dancer II having brought him here quite some time ago. He waited for his apprentice upon the edge of the water, having given him coordinates and a time to meet. Their journey into the intricacies of the shaping of water would be long and difficult, with much to process and teach, but the Nautolan had every faith in his new and very blue-aligned student that he could learn the power that he had requested.

Soon, Qae knew. Soon enough.

It had been an odd experience, meeting the Fish and furthermore travelling to Da Soocha to meet with him again. Training was crucial, a pinnacle turning point in Levia's life and understanding, so he could not pass him up on the offer. Flying his 'Space Manta-Ray', Rocka, through the depths of space the ocean planet soon came into view, causing a smile to spread upon his usually devoid lips. How good it would feel to breathe in such air once again, to break the surface of the lapping waves and immerse himself for hours under the clear blue sea.

And so it was that he guided Rocka down into the scenic planet, landing it half a mile from the shore so as not to risk losing it. Now it was simply a matter of finding the Fish and they could begin his instruction into Water Shaping. While he had the basics nailed there was still a lot of work to be done, and in truth Levia had no idea how he did what he did. No, that required the guidance only a fellow water-breather could give him Speaking of which, Levia soon came upon the shores where his mentor awaited. There he inclined his head, and said; "Greetings, Fish." A bad habit he still retained from his former life was that he called things by what they were rather than their names; to Levia @[member="Qae Shena"] was a Fish, and it was thus that he knew him by. It was perfectly harmless, of course... But whether Qae understood or not the boy did not know.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
It wasn't the first time Qae had been confused by his species, given the fact that he had met, for perfect example, a young lady who had once considered him to have head-snakes. That had been an experience and a half. There were many more like it, where some did not know what a Nautolan was.

Being called Fish really was the last thing on his mind.

"Good morning, Levia," said Qae, knowing that some kindness and some appreciation would probably go a long way for a young man whose Force-signature felt confused. This was certainly a different way to look at things, at least. However, Qae also knew that there was going to be a journey involved here, a journey in which the Nautolan Echani could find new ways of teaching, training, even learning. Things would be different with this student. Why was it that he had good feelings about his Shaper students?

No matter.

"So, let's begin... I don't think I need to teach you about water. But what do you think of it as a life philosophy - as balance?" he asked, curious. What could he do, to put this in perspective for his student...

@[member="Levia Sol"]

The question caught the young man off guard, and he began to walk along the shoreline thoughtfully, gaze drifting first to the skies and then down to the sea itself. In an almost pacing manner he pondered over the possible answers, but it wasn't something he had ever given thought to before; it was difficult, and Levia knew it. He thought about himself, his own behaviours and mannerisms in life, how he acted, whether this was at all representative of the thing he loved so much. With a tiny smile he finally thought he had an answer, and thus he turned back to face Qae.

"I think that it's the embodiment of Balance, Master Fish." he began, raising a hand to rub at the back of his head; "It can be both calm, tranquil, placid, or raging, ferocious, uncontrollable." Gesturing to the sea, almost as an example, he then added, "These waves which brush upon the shore are peaceful, they lap up and practically kiss the sand, but further out there are more raging waves which cause this, almost like a shockwave. You cannot have one without the other. The rapids which lead to a raging waterfall also contribute to the steady lake found near its base."

He was not certain if that was what Qae meant, but suddenly he realised he had to link it to reality, to people; "The same can be said of people, sentients and non-sentients. They have the capacity of being calm or raging, and there is no way to be wholly one or the other. Different times in life call for different methods..."

@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Levia Sol"]

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. "I couldn't have put it better myself," the Nautolan admitted. "Balance. Dark and light. Power and flexibility. Calm and anger. Together, water is both a mix of the strange and a perfect blend of all things."

One hand raised, as if to enact telekinesis, but the water itself rose with his hand, following the light twirls of his finger as he made it dance.

"Thus is what we must be: balance. We have to be balanced in order to manipulate water, at one with its nature. Should we want to protect, we must have that mindset before the water can. If we want to attack, we must be aggressive. But at all times must we remain in that balance, should we want to become something of it. It is a difficult concept to master, but one that is important."

A curious gaze upon the Nautolan's face. "And of the Force - what do you know?"

Ah... Now there was a stalemate. Standing decisively still, facing the water, a pure contemplative look crossed his face. What did he know about the Force? Well, admittedly nothing. His only talent, the shifting and shaping of water, was completely natural to him... He did not really understand how he did it, much less about the Force itself.

With a small sigh he shook his head and looked towards Qae. "I'm afraid I know nothing, Master Fish" he confided, before glaring back out at the ocean, his usually perfect composure breaking ever so slightly to reveal fine cracks in his expression.

"I was never taught of it, nor how to use it." Shrugging his shoulders, as though it did not bother him, the boy continued to stare ahead, although truth be told it did bother him that he knew not of the Force nor what it was capable of, after all he was very much aware that he was Force Sensitive.

@[member="Qae Shena"]

"I know, however, that what I can do with water, and what you just demonstrated, has something to do with it..."

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Levia Sol"]

Qae nodded ever so slightly at his apprentice's thoughts. "Correct. It is to do with the Force. Sit."

Once Levia did as he was bade, Qae launched into the usual spiel, and quite frankly this post will be long enough without more diatribe exposition that I will say no more than Qae's hands folded behind his back as he spoke, clutching one wrist as he looked out over the ocean.

"The Force is all living things. It is an essential part of life - indeed, with a few minor exceptions, it is the building block of life itself. All things are part of the Force, but only some can feel the tides of the Force as they push and pull the entire Galaxy. Inside the Force exists Light and Dark - Ashla and Bogan, as my Master taught me - and they are in a state of contant flux, trying to gain the upper hand over one another."

"The Force can, in theory, do anything. People have destroyed stars-- blown them up with rituals-- can move water, fire, air and earth alike, wipe minds, travel through hyperspace. The Force is infinite. Our ability to tap into it, however, is not. Its power must be tempered by our own balance. To tap into the Force we must attain this balance within ourselves. Of course, some tap into the Force by favouring Light or Dark, but I prefer not this way. I exist forever in the epicentre of the storm that is rage and serenity." A quiet chuckle.

"Water is a representation of that balance, Levia. The Force must be in balance, one way or another. All things seek that balanced state. Do you?"

Settling himself down to the ground, and crossing his legs as he did so, the young man stared intently at Qae, effectively hanging on his every word. This knowledge was new and foreign to him, and something within him sought to soak it up and put it to good use; he wanted to learn about this mysterious metaphysical entity which had effected him so greatly. Yet what he was told did not make sense - how could something one could not see possibly be the reason for life in the Galaxy? How could it do all of this, that which he spoke of, if it could not even be touched? If it was intangible.

And yet the honest answer was that he believed every word of it, he had been on the receiving and conducting end of the Force, he knew, several times in his life; from his days of water shaping, to life with the Aquar, and so forth. "Can you not use both aspects of the Force?" he finally murmured, midway through Qae's speech, when he mentioned of the Bogan and the Ashla, "Why must one be wholly light or wholly dark, Fish?" It did not make sense to him, he who had seen the many facets of sentience.

But he hushed up and listened when Qae moved on to speaking of what it can do, much of which he was aware of - and when he came to the balance a small smile appeared upon his lips, it all made sense when put in such a fashion, especially considering the grasp he held over the water. With a smile, he said; "Of course I do, why learn of only half a thing as opposed to balancing it all?"

@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
"I don't think it's a matter of being one or the other," Qae said. "Not everyone is pure. Even a well-trained Jedi Master of the Light will have a Dark thought every now and then. Even a full-blooded Sith Lord will feel compassion somewhere in their twisted heart."

In the sand, Qae drew a symbol - a circle, in which two symmetrical teardrops existed, both with their own smaller circle within. "Light and Dark have Dark and Light within them, Levia - it's a lesson you will learn. But like this circle, it makes for balance. Everything balances out one way or the other. It's the natural way of the Galaxy. Tides shift low to high and back again. A system of ecology makes a planet's ecosystem work in a perfect circle. Gravity keeps planets spinning and moving the way they are meant to. Nature loves balance - when we as sentients act on it, or when there is an aberration, nature will act to destroy the imbalance. It is not ours to act against that will."

There was a definite pause for a moment as Qae considered his words. "I have tapped into both sides. I have use abilities both Light and Dark, learned from those on all sides of the spectrum. I've seen enough to know what Light and Dark on their own can do - but the greatest Force-user I know walks the same path we do. There's a reason for that. It's the combination of all things. This is the right way in the end, I think."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom