Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Delivery

Jakob Benson

J
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Benson just looked at the man as he spoke of the Akala Crisis. He was one that wasn't affected by it. It's hard to be when one is mostly isolated from the rest of the Galaxy. He had droids for company as well as his patients.

He made some notes on Jerec's answer and then paused, hovering the tip of his pen above the paper before asking his next question; "Are you referring to life after death? Or some Force hocus pocus?"

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Jakob Benson

The last phrase there, the contempt of the wording, stood out a little against Benson's bland persona. And was this the first time he'd pursued follow-up questions?

"Well, life after death is clearly real, and I've had one too many Sith knock me on my rear from across the room. How those things relate to each other is anyone's guess. I don't think much about the Force."

Jakob Benson

J
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Benson was, as one might expect; an atheist. No life after death, no Force, no nothing. In his mind there was only this life. And once it was over, it was over. His only lasting legacy was his work.

He jotted down Jerec's answers and then closed the file. "We're done here for the day. Time to take you to your room." Benson unbuckled himself and then got to his feet. He tucked the file under his arm as he walked around the desk and then gestured for Jerec to follow. "This way."

Jakob Benson

Jerec got up and followed. He made sure to take special notice of the whole half of the room he hadn't seen while seated facing the desk. There wasn't much - the place was plain as plain could be.

Benson led him out into the halls with their laser gates and guard droids. Jerec followed in a docile sort of way. Fairly soon he started to see force-field cages, classy ones with an inert flat-plane field separating each cell from the hall. Expensive. Not easy to flummox.

Jakob Benson

J
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Given Jerec's interest in who had built the facility, Benson was quite certain that he was checking the place out as they walked. No doubt he was looking for weaknesses. Such a man would be valuable, but he was also a liability.

Stopping at one of the rooms, Benson gestured for him to step inside as the force field had yet to be initiated. There were some furnishings, books to pass the time as well. Some might even consider it cozy.

"Dinner will be served soon. And not to worry, our meals here are better than you would expect. There's no prison slop or gruel."

Jakob Benson

"Shame. I kinda like gruel if you cook it right."

He'd been wearing the same clothes - socks and underwear included - since before that friggin' Gand Gand captured him on the Wheel. He'd also spent all of that time in various degrees of physical discomfort, over and above the clothes/hygiene situation. But the most important thing, by far, was the boots. He unlatched them and eased his feet out. Somewhere in there he flopped on the bed, which felt almost as much like heaven as his new and pungent state of blissful bootlessness.

Jakob Benson

J
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr ((sorry for the delay. Convention weekend))

Fortunately for Jerec and the recirculated air in his 'suite', there happened to be changes of clothes and even a shower in the refresher corner. A simple curtain was provided for privacy. There were plenty of books, but others more suited to his tastes would be added in time.

An hour or so later, food was brought for him; bantha steak and roasted veggies. And it was fifteen minutes after that that Benson reappeared, taking a seat in the chair outside of the barrier, with the file and pen in hand.

Jakob Benson found Jerec reading on the bunk. The book in question was a classic Selonian romance that probably hadn't been read, ever. Jerec set the book aside and laced his fingers behind his head, looking at the ceiling.

"Stang, Benson, that steak was top notch. So what you want to know this time?"

Jakob Benson

J
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Benson nodded. He was quite used to the compliments over food. "As I said, our meals here aren't what you'd expect."

He crossed one leg over the other, resting an ankle on his knee so that he could rest the file onto it better. Opening the file, he readied his pen to take down more notes. "Let's dive into the topic of your youth, shall we? Tell me about your mother."

Jakob Benson

"Took longer than I thought to get to that. Alright, I'll bite." Jerec closed his eyes and enjoyed the bunk while he could.

"We had our issues. She tried, but not...yeah. She tried. Got into andris spice about the same time I did, then glitterstim. I friggin' hated her being able to read my mind on the stim. She got clean, though. Nice lady. She died when Corellia broke. That's all."

Jakob Benson

J
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Benson wrote down the information. Some people had a habit of lying, while some found no use for doing so. Which group Jerec belonged to was as of yet to be determined. Lies served no purpose here.

"And what of your Father? Was he ever in the picture?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom