Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Dawning of the End or a New Beginning (Chiss Ascendancy)

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
iu

Ch'avz, Sposia
Chiss Space, Unknown Regions

CA_banner_new2.png

The Chiss world of Sposia was on the Path of the Houses and was known as the home of the Sabosen family. House Sabosen had been considered one of the prominent Chiss Ruling Families throughout the millennia though their power had waxed and waned as events dictated throughout history. The societal affairs they were given to manage for the Ascendancy were Law and Order, Health, and Education of their people.

After the annihilation of Csilla by the Brotherhood of the Maw, the Sabosen's had been at the forefront of aiding the Csillan refugees including those few of the Chiss Syndicure and Great Families who survived the cataclysm of the capital world of the Chiss Ascendancy.

~*~​

Brask'ari'sabosen stood outside the refugee medical facility housed on the extensive Sabosen Estate and let out an audible sigh. Her crimson orbs peered eastward at the horizon as the golden sun rose over the snow-capped mountains that ran parallel to the capital city; memorizing the breathtaking visage though it would be hard to forget. Ch'avz was built north and south along the western shores of the Great Sea. It was considered one of the most beautiful of the Chiss cities rivaling Csaplar by far, well at least in the Chiss doctor's biased keen eyes.

Though, how many more mornings would she be able to do so?

That was the question that weighed heavily upon Ari's mind as it was for most Chiss now living on one of the last free planets in Chiss space. Her homeworld along with Naporar, Noris, and Schesa were the only Chiss planets not occupied or controlled by Outsider factions presently. But as of this morning, they were put on general alert status as the Maw cultists encroached ever closer taking yet another chunk of Chiss space galactic north of Naporar.

Time was of the essence for each family to make their final preparations to stay or go...

Last edited:

mFwBkIy.png

"Brask'ari'sabosen."

The sole survivor of House Lore had come back, stepping up behind the doctor. Hands clasped behind her back. Looking as prestigious as ever for the scion of the once Ruling Family. Like so many, they had been claimed in Csilla's destruction. Even her older sister, Prusde'zoti'lore, had been claimed. With nothing left to her name, she'd fallen out of sorts with her people. Fleeing to other space to learn and survive.

Now, she was back.

A soft smile formed as she bowed her head. It was unlikely Karisa Karisa even knew who she was. "It's good to see you in good health."

Barraj'ora'garjav closed the holo that had connected him to the rest of his family. They remained on Schesa, continuing the family businesses of mining, smelting, construction, design, and testing; all the things that made an empire run.

Well, apart from war. War was always good for a profit, even as it reduced a population. Unless you were on the losing side.

The Chiss scholar ran a hand across his eyes. When had he become so maudlin? Well, that was easy, actually. When the discussions had started around lifeships, and leaving, and venturing out into the blackness of space to look for new homes.

Jorag looked across the room at the well-stocked bar, and considered pouring himself something strong and expensive, but decided instead he was not good company for himself. Evenings like this called for company, or at least the presence of other people.

He grabbed his custom-tailored black jacket, donned it, and headed for the door, pausing to check himself in the foyer mirror first.

"Smile, my friend," he said aloud. "The world is your playground."

And he did, not noticing that the smile never reached his eyes.

Karisa Karisa Thorne Tharil Tharil Kassandra Vhirr’bel'laminis Vhirr’bel'laminis Nuruodo'kal'brast Nuruodo'kal'brast

Kassandra

K
Kass had been busy securing life ships for her people securing ships that belonged to the chiss ascendancy. Before they rocated or mothballed before the destruction of csilla it didn't help she was the last of her ruling house of nuroudo as far as she knew. Walking down the street hoping they wouldn't need them but she knew better then that it was an impossible dream.

Walking into a well stocked bar "anything worth drinking" as she walked in she had taken care of her families remaining estate or her remaining estate. It should continue to grow a steady income atleast from a high ranking person's view point as she walked in wearing a white tailored suit which showed off her tight muscular yet very feminine physic underneath. True her family name took a hit but she fought tirelessly to rebuild it. She looked like she needed time to unwind after all she could do getting things ready.

Looking at Jorag Jorag "pour a girl a drink I think we both could use one" commenting on how he tried to syke himself up.

Karisa Karisa Thorne Tharil Tharil Vhirr’bel'laminis Vhirr’bel'laminis Nuruodo'kal'brast Nuruodo'kal'brast

CNS Fehr'osna, Destroyer.
In high orbit of Sposia.

YlD8LC9.png

The remnant ships of the 3rd Fleet, 2nd Strikegroup were a shadow of their former glory. At one time Commodore Vhirr’bel’laminis had held responsibility for ten ships, now only four remained currently active and none were operating at the standards Bella had come to expect from ships under her command. From the CO’s cabin, she looked again over reports of the casualties, of the losses and the still advancing forces of the Maw.

For millennia the Ascendancy had stood as a bastion of order and civilisation, a proud and self-sufficient empire of planets held together by the longheld and vaunted traditions and peerless skill of the noble Chiss. Now, as Bella gazed through the transparisteel viewport to look down onto the orb of Sposia, glittering in the void, she held back a feeling of nausea at the thought of the fall of her people, her Ascendancy, on her watch.

All around the planet, there were ships of all types and sizes, The Sentinel (the CNS Fehr’osna) was just one such vessel summoned to support the evacuation efforts. Her remaining support carrier, the CNS Chv’Naxx, had already descended toward the high atmosphere to begin collecting her burden of refugees and material. Repair barges were still currently tethered to the Sentinel, so extensive had the damage been during the worst of the fleet engagements.

It would be a long time, if ever, that the CEDF would recover anything close to its former strength or glory.

A glass of clear alcohol was raised to dark blue lips as the Commodore stared into the starlit void again, watching that expanse, as if the first of the Maw’s vessels might arrive at any moment. She glanced to her hand and looked for the telltale tremble she had noted in some of her officers, but for now, Bella appeared to have weathered the pain better than some.

Just don’t think about her.

Bella turned to her datapad and checked the hour, it would soon be time to contact the surface for another update.

But for now, she drank.

YlD8LC9.png

Karisa Karisa Kassandra Jorag Jorag Thorne Tharil Tharil Nuruodo'kal'brast Nuruodo'kal'brast

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
IC Brask'ari'sabosen
Ch'avz, Sposia

mFwBkIy.png

Brask'ari'sabosen didn't hear Tharil Tharil approach her from behind as she was lost in a memory of times past. It was a bittersweet one; remembering the last time she and her father, Mitth'oru'sabosen, had shared a sunrise together... before the intra-family coup that left the Aristocra dead and the First Daughter exiled. But to her fortune, the leader of the coup had perished since then and the new Head of the Sabosen family had re-instated Ari to full-blooded membership into House Sabosen once again.
"Brask'ari'sabosen." A soft smile formed as she bowed her head. "It's good to see you in good health."

The Chiss doctor turned to see who had spoken to her; the look of the young woman was familiar yet not. So many faces had come and gone over the years.

But the way the girl handles herself... It couldn't be, could it?

"Likewise," Ari replied with a similar cant of her dark head and a small smile gracing her own lips. "I am afraid you will have to forgive me. Have we met before?"

Last edited:

mFwBkIy.png

"Maybe. I was younger then, though. Anath'ari'lore." There was nothing else that needed to be said. Tharil stepped forward, more in line with Karisa Karisa to watch the preparations. The sick, the hurt, they'd be the first to be evacuated, when the time came. The Powers of the Galaxy hadn't been able to fully halt the Maw's advance, or their own. Was this their fate? Be annihilated or conform to foreign beliefs?

"I'm sorry you have to leave your home."

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
Ch'avz, Sposia
Preparation

mFwBkIy.png

"Ahh yes. I do remember now... Aristocra Prusde'zoti'lore was a dear colleague. I had the honor and privilege of working side by side with your older sister during the rebirth of the Ascendancy after the Chiss Civil War. She spoke highly of you and hoped someday for you to follow in her footsteps," Ari expressed with sincerity to Tharil Tharil .

"As the Speaker for the Sabosen family, I wish to convey our condolences. It is good to see that House Lore will live on in your stead. I know you will do your family proud," she added with a respectful cant of her dark head.

There had been so much loss. It was hard to quantify it now. Ari had been so young back during the civil war... They all were who forged to rebuild their nation under the Red Flame principles of their people taken by Outsiders who sought to rule and conquer them. But here the Chiss were once again - on the edge of the abyss. Leaving one's homeland was a defeatest move, or was it?

Some families agreed, some did not. Each would have to live with their choice to stay or go. House Sabosen had chosen to leave. This would allow them to fight another day from a position of strength, not weakness. The Csillan cataclysm had taken a heavy toll not only upon the population of the Chiss as a whole but on their precious resources as well. The Maw cultists, the Imperials, and the Galactic Alliance who occupied Chiss worlds now had them. It would take time to rebuild all that or even take it back. There was still hope, though on a whole for Chiss it wasn't a pragmatic thought to hold onto. But it would do at this moment.

Brask'ari'sabosen's crimson orbs looked one more time to the horizon and felt the rays of the intensifying sun's warmth on her blue-hued face. It was the encouragement she needed to do what must be done. The Chiss doctor gazed back over to Anath'ari'lore and reached out to touch her shoulder.

"Thank you, it is what it is, but I am reminded of a saying by humans, 'Home is where the heart is'. My heart is with my people, our culture, and those I call family. I will do whatever is needed of me to see to their survival," Ari offered with a defiant nod.

She knew that Thorne was somewhere out there doing the same for her, their son, House Mitth, and the Chiss Ascendancy as Mitth'orn'eruod had done many times before.

"Come now, we must finalize our preparations for departure. The last of the injured and sick have been transferred to the medical frigates and the kolto tankers are being topped off as we speak."

Kolto grew abundantly in the Great Sea of Sposia. Bacta supplies though were limited especially since the Battle of Csilla. They would have to ration the latter life-saving medicine for the illest or most gravely wounded until more could be obtained in the future.

If you do not have plans, you are welcome to join me on the Vun'rutah. We will be rendezvousing in high orbit with Commodore Vhirr’bel'laminis Vhirr’bel'laminis ' fleet along with the other refugee ships."

Last edited:
Looking at Jorag Jorag "pour a girl a drink I think we both could use one" commenting on how he tried to syke himself up.

Jorag looked to his right and regarded the giant of a woman who had taken the stood next to his. I'd need a ladder, he mused. With a sad smile, he motioned to the bartender with two raised fingers, then pointed them down at the spot on the bar in front of them.

"Two Rentor whiskey sours it is," he said to her. He looked down into his own rocks glass, swirling the last mouthful of alcohol and ice around. "This stuff is scarce," he proclaimed. "No more distilleries left on Rentor, they're saying." He looked up at the bottles of liquor, over at the taps. "How much of this is going to be drunk before we leave? How many distilleries, breweries, vintners, are going or gone? Have we bothered to preserve the plants needed to restock our cabinets at the places we land?"

As if in answer to himself, Jorag took a personal comm out of his pocket; a direct line to his personal secretary. Engaging the device, he said, "Buy the recipe from Rentor distilleries. Find the agro ship and confirm we have enough materiel to reproduce it, including detailed soil analysis."

The bartender placed two fresh drinks down, one in front of Jorag, the other for Nuroudo'kass'manda.

"I'm Jorag, by the way. Barraj'ora'garjav. House of Barraj. All of that, and less." He drained his nearly-empty glass, set it carefully on the bar, and raised his fresh drink.

"For every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise, and a blessing in each trial."

Kassandra Karisa Karisa Thorne Tharil Tharil Vhirr’bel'laminis Vhirr’bel'laminis Nuruodo'kal'brast Nuruodo'kal'brast

Last edited:

mFwBkIy.png

"As alive as one person can be, yeah." There was a hint of grief in her voice, but she kept it mostly to herself. As best as she could. What happened had, there was no do overs. No take backs. As the only scion of House Lore, Tharil would do her part in keeping her people's history alive. She let out a breath as Karisa Karisa touched her shoulder, smiling for a moment. Home is where the heart is. A good saying, even if it was a human one.

"If that's alright, I'd love to come along. Vhirr’bel'laminis Vhirr’bel'laminis meant a lot to my sister. It would be good to see her again."

Kassandra

K
She saw the way he looked at her the way most chiss men looked at her liked they need a ladder to meet her at eye level not that she minded her height it had its benefits.

"My favorite drink how'd you know" she said with a quick smile and a chuckle then listening to him "I know I had bought up what's needed for making it for the agro ship already or atleast some alcohols and i beat you to buying the rights to it" she said sitting there as she sipped on her drink. "I figure the chiss people will need some strong drink when not on duty and bought alcohol will only last so long plus we will need starting equipment for distilleries anyway" she said.

"I'm kassandra or Nuroudo'kass'manda from house nuroudo all that and more you mean" she said with a smirk as she raised her glass with him

"I'll drink to that and to the chiss people hopefully we find a new planet to settle on" she said nervously she would pull her weight as needed for a diplomat of her people to secure the best planet possible.

Jorag Jorag Tharil Tharil Karisa Karisa Thorne Nuruodo'kal'brast Nuruodo'kal'brast

CA_banner_new2.png

Ch'avz, Sposia
Chiss Space, Unknown Regions
Preparation

Matma Bernu could only take a moment to appreciate the marvel- the splendor- of Ch'avz. Sposia had been a jewel of the Ascendancy, thriving under the stewardship of House Sabosen. Yes, the Csilla was home, but he'd often taken the girls here during the summer. But it had been seven long years.

Since the Cataclysm.

In those seven long years, the Chiss had been laid low. Csilla obliterated, killing billions of innocent Chiss. The Ascendancy sundered, the once proud race laid low, and scattered to the far corners of the galaxy. Some had taken asylum with the Outsiders; in his travels, Matma had heard of a particularly militant faction of the Chiss Diaspora in Imperial Space, a reconstituted version of the Empire of the Hand. Matma himself had resigned his commission as Knight-Commander of the Imperial Knights of the First Order take to the stars, gaining knowledge, gaining power, as he grieved and sought vengeance against the capricious Brotherhood of the Maw- or the New Sith Order, as they coined themselves.

But that time was past. His people needed him now.

Matma looked on sorrowfully as he observed the helter-skelter, the frenzied panic as the inhabitants scrambled to life-ships. He'd heard whispers- remnants of the Ruling Families consolidating to preserve their heritage, survive, building something new. He'd seen too many young Chiss- angry, grappling for answers like he had been- throw their lives away needlessly. 'We can no longer afford to spend life so recklessly', he scolded the most vocal, obstinate ones. 'We can only survive if you survive.'

Unbidden, he dug into his cloak, pulling out a holocron- a compendium of what he had learned traversing the galaxy, taking from various Force users and traditions. What he would pass on to future Chiss. A new legacy. "We will survive", he whispered before putting it away. Time to focus on the here and now.

Taking a deep breath, he spotted Karisa Karisa and the strikingly beautiful Tharil Tharil and steeled himself before approaching them. "Milady", he intoned, bowing deeply. "Bernu'mat'manadu. I served alongside yourself and your husband in the First Order. I was at Csilla, but I regret that I was not strong enough to save our home. I still hope to serve our people." He turned to Tharil and bowed. "A pleasure to meet you as well."

"How may I be of service?"

| Tharil Tharil | Karisa Karisa | Jorag Jorag | Vhirr’bel'laminis Vhirr’bel'laminis | Nuruodo'kal'brast Nuruodo'kal'brast | Kassandra | Thorne |

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom