Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Dathari

Status
Not open for further replies.
world_of_warcraft_fanart___forsaken__sarah__by_characterstudio-d95ce4n.jpg

"Forsaken Sarah" by Characterstudio @Deviantart.com

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a species dedicated to the Dark Forge.
​Image Credit:
Canon: N/A
Links: N/A

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Dathari
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Morradon
Language: Galactic Basic, Sith, High Sith
Average Lifespan:100 Years
Estimated Population: Rare
Description: Apparently Frail and as pale as ghosts, these humanoids would appear to be nearly harmless if not for the extremely dreadful aura that they seem to produce. Even the youngest of the species can find themselves with overly wrinkled and aged skin, as if having lived for decades. To add to the nearly decrepit look these beings have, many often do not have a full head of hair, instead only meager strands that hang lazily off their head. However, the most drawing feature that the Dathari posses are their eye color, which can range from nearly any color one can think of. Their eyes often have a subtle glow to them that can be noticed in the dark caverns of Morradon.

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
Breathes: Type I and II
Average height of adults: 1.8 Meters
Average length of adults: N/A
Skin color: Chalky pale
Hair color: Black, Dark Brown, White
Distinctions:
  • You could use a manicure: The Dathari have extremely sharp nails nearly twice the length of a standard humanoid.
  • The eyes are the window to the soul: Dathari have extremely varying characteristics, none as noticeable as the color of their eyes. Common eye coloration ranges from yellow, red, dark blue, white, brown, and even purple. The unifying trait with these eyes are the subtle glow they all give off.
  • Aged skin: All Dathari, regardless of age, appear to have skin more akin to a being of extreme age. However, their skin never goes beyond the texture of it's birth.
  • I can see it: Dathari have large, sharply structured bones that often unappealingly press to their skin. Some have even had the problem of the bones stretching their skin out and leaving it completely smooth as apposed to a wrinkled surface.
Races: N/A
Strengths:
  • Heat Resistant: Born and bred in the depths of Morradon, near the planet's hot core, the Dathari have an amazing resistance to heat. Desserts and Arid climates are comfortable to the species because of the time spent near the molten lava deep in Morradon's core.
  • Born to imbue: The Dathari find their skills in enchanting weaponry and armor with the ancient magicks of the Sith. From a young age they are taught the ways of the dark side and how to use it's wonders in service to the Lord of the Forge.
  • Sustained: The power of the Forge allows these creatures to go long periods of time without eating and sleeping, as well as extending their life if they learn to master their ability to draw from the forge.
Weaknesses:
  • Master of one: Though this species is known for their tampering in the Dark Side of the Force, few ever progress to the skill of a true Sith Lord. Their time is focused solely on the narrow path of using Sith Alchemy to enhance the products of the Forge.
  • Frail: This species is physically weak and holds little in the realm of physical combat. Most are not even practiced in any forms of self defense other than simple mind tricks and illusions.
  • Cannibalistic: One reason this species remains low in number is because they are purely carnivores, however they cannot prey on the servants of the Forge, therefore they often devour their young, dead, or elderly.
  • The Force is with them , yet they do not own it: The natural level of a standard Dathari be that of an acolyte, while a "master" in their eyes is a skilled lord which is few and far between.
CULTURE
Diet: Cannibalistic carnivore
Communication: Vocal, Telepathic
Technology level: Though it is believed this species was once the creators of all the technology on Morradon it is long lost to them, they now have only what is necessary for survival and simplistic life.
Religion/Beliefs: Dathari believe life was breathed into them to serve the Forge. They see the Forge as a deity and the Lord of the Forge is it's chief apostle. They are fanatical in their love and admiration of the Forge's power and obey the words of the Lord of the Forge as if it was the word of god.
General behavior: Keeping to themselves the Dathari are an unmotivated race of humanoids. Outside of their obsession with the Dark Side and the Dark Forge they seldom show interest in any other aspect of life. Personal ventures, vendettas, and wishes all go out of the window for the majority of this species. They are best described as cult-like and monotonous. The Dathari have many unredeeming habits, however chief among these is their birthing selection process. Upon being born a Dathari newborn is tested to see if it holds the early traits and signs of a Force user, if the infant does not posses these traits it is eaten by it's parents.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
It is believed that once the Dathari were a peaceful race, a species of nomads who enjoyed crossing the galaxy and learning of the mystic arts that it held. No one knows precisely how the Dathari found their way to Morradon, whether they were brought to the planet or if that was their home of origin. What is known is that they were not always the monstrous, cannibalistic, cult that they have become.

In the early days of Morradon's history the Dathari were a curious and gullible race, who fell prey to the tales and promises of a wicked Sith Lord. A race naturally talented in learning new abilities and skills, they were no match for the allure of the Dark Side. The Sith continued to teach the creatures about the Dark Side of the Force and the Sith, however it was made clear they were not Sith and could never hope to be. They were but servants of a greater power. It was in their nature to except such a thing, making them the perfect slaves for the Sith war machine.

It is believed that the Dathari were the ones who created the Dark Forge for their Sith master, in hopes of helping him create a new arsenal, the likes the Sith had never seen before.

[member="Adron Malvern"]

A few questions:
  • While this is typically based on individual skill, what skill level are most of these creatures at?
  • Since they're made to imbue things with the Force, are all individuals of this species Force Sensitive?

[member="Marcus Itera"]
1. The natural level would be that of an acolyte, while a "master" in their eyes is a skilled lord which is few and far between.
2. I should have added, if a child is born and not sensitive in the force it's eaten. So in a manner, yes.

Adron Malvern said:
You could use a manicure: The Dathari have extremely sharp nails
How sharp are we talking here? Could they be used as weapons? If so, they should be listed under strengths.

Adron Malvern said:
Master of one: Though this species is known for their tampering in the Dark Side of the Force, few ever progress to the skill of a true Sith Lord.

Adron Malvern said:
1. The natural level would be that of an acolyte, while a "master" in their eyes is a skilled lord which is few and far between.

Would just like to see this clarified in the weakness then that the master-ranked are few and far between, however it's rather circumstancial if someone was to write this species as they could just say that they are one of the few that are lordly in skill. Nonetheless, the edits you mention you were going to be made to the former Codex Judge would be good to have made.

Also, If I read this correctly the Dathari can only do Sith Alchemy and nothing else?

Just want to make sure I am correct.

The nails are sharp and elongated, but not to the point of weaponry.

The Dathari, as a species, are raised for Sith Alchemy. It's a part of who they are and their base instinct. So it's possible, yet unlikely for them to branch out from that.

Also i added their birthing ritual to the behavioral section.

So, i believe i covered all bases, please tell me if i missed something.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

[member="Adron Malvern"]

It's all looking good to me and I think I am very close to being able to stamp this, but I would like to propose an edit to seek balance in the submission. Perhaps something to say that the Dathari are limited to alchemy only, but then also add to the strength "Born to Imbue" that since they are only able to use the force to imbue items with Sith Alchemy, their items are also made with a higher quality. It limits them, but still makes them very powerful in what they do.

However, I'm of course also open to other ideas or suggestions for how to balance it.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

I would honestly rather not do that and I'll tell you why to help my case.

The Dathari are meant to be a cult-like people who once thrived on learning of the mystic arts (The Force). Independently were turned to Master Forgers but their history does not hold them to only that road, that's just merely the one laid before them. As Force users they are typically pretty weak, the thing is there will often be three-four of them imbuing and enchanting weapons at the same time. So they don't necessarily need a power booster when imbuing, it's just their heritage that makes them good at it. The reason they aren't good at anything else is simply because they do not learn anything else and their society is stuck at that level. Now i would rather not change this because it limits them vastly for what i see as a pretty minor bonus, especially since they have the "master is one" trait which already restricts them based on this bonus.

Of course if you prefer i change it i will, i'd just rather not if at all possible.

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Actually, that's fair. It's not a big enough deal to cause a fuss over.

Can't say what the secondary approval will say, but as far as I am concerned this is balanced enough to get its stamp then.

So I will do just that. Approved, pending that secondary.

[member="Mahet"] // [member="Zeradias Mant"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom