Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dark Grief

Darben Skirae had left with but a small notice in his office for [member="Lady Kay"]. Saying that he needed leave. He would still do work, but...but he needed time. And [member="Stardust Raxis"] had offered such an opportunity. He had told Renla that Mia had left on another job, and had left as soon as possible as to keep her from seeing the news or hearing of the incident. It was better she didn't know, at least in his eyes. She knew about the heist and that was it, so she understood Darben needing time off.

He took a shuttle, with a droid pilot that had been programmed to not reveal his whereabouts. Only Kay knew, and Stardust. As it arrived through the atmosphere the droid sent a message ahead, announcing the arrival of the Minister. For the whole trip he had remained silent. He could not sleep, found it hard to eat. And had been drinking again. So much stress was upon him.

He felt Renla's hand over his, and he glanced to her. He barely managed a smile but only for a second as he turned away again, he could not bear to look at her knowing she would not know the truth, as long as he could hold it from her. It pained him to think of Mia. How she had fallen...all to save him, as was her job.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She offered and left for her home immedialty, she arrived at her house and fell to her knees almost instantly, why was she acting like this? She had killed before easily without mercy she was known as a dragon for a reason! And yet...to the man she had put to death she could sympathize....for some reason she could he gave up so easily and she felt it was wrong

Standing after a few minutes she walked to a mirror, she stopped after she went past and walked back seeing her eyes, they had become stained with that gold yet again...this time she didn't care at all, she went and grabbed her blindfold going to place it on she stopped and threw it to the side...She went to a little container and decided she would put those contacts in this time....She didn't care anymore

She sighed and prepared her house to hold [member="Darben Skirae"] and renla....She wondered if he had even told her about Mia, she knew the two were close hell sisters even. She looked out the window as thunder boomed and rain started to fall. She promised to herself this planet wouldn't feel her corruption....but anywhere else would see just what she was becoming...She would do anything to protect those she cared even if it meant killing a army or worse

[member="Stardust Raxis"] watched as rain was all around the shuttle. It came to a landing on a landing pad of the estate. Darben was quick to get up, as was Renla and they got out quickly, Darben shielding Renla from the rain with himself. They moved quickly to the door, and there Darben knocked and waited. "It's...it's a nice place" he muttered quietly to himself. "You will be on your best behavior, all right?" he asked, casting a glance over at Renla. She rolled her eyes and huffed. "I'm not a kid anymore...I know how to act around Star, Darben..." He did not smile, as the reply was much too alike to something Mia would say. And it only brought pain. Then he turned away from her, looking back to the door.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She could feel them arriving even before they started to her small house, the landing pad was added after the incident of the droid attack...something that could get her up in the air and out just as quick

She waited for the knocked and waster no time, she opened the door and smiled at the two lightly and looked to darben. She could send his pain...She nodded and looked to renla

come on in rather not you two stand in this rain at not stop for a few days

She had tea and snacks already prepared, she sat everything up and hummed with a smile on her face....something she did to calm herself

Darben smiled back warmly to [member="Stardust Raxis"]. With a hand on Renla's back, softly he urged her in and in she went, but not before giving a big hug to Stardust. That caused Darben's smile to widen then, and his heart warmed. Once Renla had finished hugging her, in she went, taking off her coat she had. Darben took his coat off, moving past Stardust to hang it up with Renla's before turning to Stardust. "Star...thank you..." He hugged her, not something he usually did. "She doesn't know" he whispered as he did. "I could not bear to tell her."

Once he broke off the hug, he looked to Renla. The sweet smile the young Twi'lek had was something he could never ruin, or see ruined. It was for her own sake. "I let Lady Kay know I had come here...but no one else."

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She looked down in surprise...she then smiled lightly and hugged her back having to bend down a bit do to her height, she then looked to darben as she hugged him and nodded as she closed her eyes and sighed out as she spoke

your welcome darben, I'll tell her....she needs to know or if it is hidden it'll hurt worse...

She stepped back, she listened and looked to renla as she looked back and nodded to him, she moved forward as she got the tea and poured it before turning

must've been a long trip please please come get something to drink and eat...fresh tea from this very planet flower tea

Skirae didn't want Renla to know, just knowing it would pain her. He wanted to keep the news from his daughter. "I...I can't tell her..." What would Renla think of him after [member="Stardust Raxis"] told her? Keeping this from her? Would she hate him after? He could not bear the thought. Before he could say more, Star stepped back and went to pour some tea. He remained there near the door, just watching her as she spoke. Darben had been quite afraid of her for a bit, after having seen just how powerful and menacing she could be. But seeing this side of her, the side that calmed him repressed those thoughts.

"Thank you" Skirae said to Star, and Renla bowed her head in thanks, taking a sip from her cup. Darben did the same, gazing and trying to match Stardust's gaze. He still wasn't sure he could tell Renla. "How...how have you been, Star?" he tried to ask, hoping to at least prolong the conversation.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She looked over at him, she nodded slowly and gave a reassuring smile. In a way she felt she was responsible for her death....she had decided to leave and go, however she knew Mia died....doing what she was hired to do...and the force had taken her back, allowing her no more worry.

Good....good...

She matched his gaze, truelly she hadn't slept at all much she didn't need it really but even then...it eluded her. She focused a bit to try and send a mental message to him in a calm soothing voice

its gotta happen...I'll take her for a walk, hen I'll tell her ok?

She blinked and rubbed her forehead sipping her tea as she looked to renla and smiled slightly....girl had been through so much she didn't need this pain but, if she didn't tell her the pain might destroy her

Darben was more hesitant than he had ever possibly been. To have Renla go through the pain of knowing...He ended up nodding. Then he looked away, sighing heavily. Gritting his teeth in his mouth. "Very well....do so then...but please just, just make it quick...before I change my mind" he murmured quietly with the last bit. His hand was against his face, holding it up with his elbow on his knee. He couldn't even bear to drink the tea set for him by [member="Stardust Raxis"].

Meanwhile Renla had been watching the two of them. She was curious, and saw Darben was in fact upset. And she wondered why...till Stardust smiled over to the younger Twi'lek. She smiled back, but it was a faltering one. Something was certainly up. And as she saw the interaction between them...there just seemed to be something about it.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She nodded, she stood and stretched mentally preparing herself for this, just another death to announce she did that a lot...she watched families cry and break down after she's let them know they lost sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers...she smiled to renla and spoke

hey renla rains stopped let's go on a walk I know a field of wonderful flowers not to far from here I think you will like

She opened he house door, she looked back and waited for her before leading her to the speeder bike nearby. Jumping on she started it up

hop on

Darben Skirae sat there, even began shaking as [member="Stardust Raxis"] led his daughter away for him. He began trembling as well. Renla stood up and went outside with Stardust. As Renla hopped on the back of the speeder, wrapping her arms around Star's waist as to secure herself, she asked, "Star...why was Darben upset? I know that we weren't brought here for a simple vacation" she said. And, unlike her usual self she was very determined. This could easily show by her gaze. "Do you know why? Did he tell you?"

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She glanced back to the girl, certainly quick to pick up certain things. She looked forward to hide her gaze and took a breath exhaling

I'll tell you once we arrive Ok?

With that she started forward down the hill towards a field of flowers in the distance, secretly she had put the entire planet into a week of mourning...So the roads were clear enough that it took only ten minutes to get to the field

After arriving she shut the bike down, easily picking up renla she sat her on the bike and crouched to eye level

renla...darben didn't want to tell you this for fear of seeing you hurt, I am to bear this. Renla...Mia isn't on another job, she lost her life...trying to protect darben. You remember the bank robbery? She died trying to save him

The words came choke and with tears as she took her hand and squeezed it

that's why I brought you here...to tell you this

Renla was most unsure of this, yet still the young Twi'lek went with it. It's not like it could have been really bad, right? [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] was always bringing good news...right? They raced off, and she held on tight till they arrived to a field of flowers. And there they stopped and she was ready to hop off. Till Stardust crouched down to her level. And right away...she had a bad gut feeling. Something bad had happened. Something surely had upset Darben, and in a bad way.

Renla listened...and she went full blank. She could feel tears streaking down her own face, but she just went...blank. Even as Star squeezed her hand. The contact after a moment brought her out. "Mi....no....no Darben said....Darben said she was on another job...Darben wou...he would never lie to me."

Then...she collapsed into Star, crying. Mia had been like a sister to her, a great friend. She felt sad...but she also felt betrayed. Why would Darben not dare tell her? "Why didn't he tell me?!"

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She pulled her in close, her own tears were streaming down her face. This was the hardest death she had to announce hardest one ever, she looked down to her and spoke

he didn't want to hurt you, he didn't want to hurt the only thing in his life he cherishes. He couldn't bare to see you upset

She held her close again, tightly, protectively. She looked out towards the horizon...she already killed one of them, she was going to hunt down every last one of them. She wiped her eyes and spoke again

Please don't blame him, he wanted to not hurt you

The words came mostly as a whisper

Renla could not speak as [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] held her close. She cried into her shoulder. She could see now that Darben was afraid to, but still she wished he hadn't been. But she also wished Mia had not been killed. She started sobbing Mia's name. "I w-want to go back to D-Darben" she finally managed to say. She knew how upset he would be. And she wanted to speak to him, comfort him. Through the pain, the sadness. All of it that they were all feeling.

She nodded, she slowly stood back up and got onto the speeder. Closing her eyes for a moment and sighed out and started the speeder bike taking off for her house, she glanced back to renla then forward again as her grip tightened

Her work wasn't done on those scum...

Arriving at her house she parked and got off turning to help her down
[member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae heard them arrived outside and rushed out. He didn't want to at first, but as soon as he saw those teary eyes, the face of so many devastating emotions...he kneeled down and as soon as Renla was on the ground she ran at him and Darben caught her in a big hug. Holding her close, he cried too. The cried together, no doubt having [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] watching them as they did so in the doorway. Mia's loss had hurt them emotionally. It had hit hard...

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Stardust stood watching, she turned away letting them have their moment as she gazed upon the vast ocean, her fist closed tight in anger before releasing...the name Mia would be known on this world...a valiant warrior and protector

Turning back and crouched and hugged the two, comforting them the best she could sending put a calming wave in the force...best she could with her pent up anger she held back

Darben held Renla close...then felt himself hugged, both of them hugged by another. [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] was comforting them, and he felt suddenly calm, to a degree. He felt the crying stop, and the same to Renla, with the occasional sob. He wiped at his eyes, now he just felt a bit embarassed for having begun crying right on her doorstep. "S-Sorry bout that Star...and thank you." He stood up, helping Renla up as well. "Let's...Let's go inside...and thank you again for letting us stay."

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She smiled lightly at darben, she patted his shoulder and stood up as she looked to renla and nodded

no it is fine, and your welcome now I believe we have snacks and tea to finish do we Not?

She said and entered her home as she took her cup she left she refilled it setting down with a sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom