Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dark Acolytes [Atrisian Empire Dominion of Korbin]

Qhorin Solas

Q
"Glad to see you've recovered," I told Agent Weadge. I'd 'found' him in the tunnels of Csilla, fighting Klaxxi even with broken hands. It was impressive what he could do, despite his lack of sensitivity to the Force. Had he a considerable Midichlorian count, I had do doubt that his fighting skill could potentially be unmatched in the universe.

Moira's observations returned me to reality, centering my thoughts once more on the task ahead. "We can ignore neither Kalel's incompetence nor Ming's possible involvement." I considered how best to approach our problems, which angles to take...

"Moira, I want you to interrogate Major General Kalel. Naamah, you will accompany me to visit Case Officer Ming. Rexus, I want you to oversee the Stormtrooper patrols. Agent Weadge, I would appreciate it if you would assist Rexus in his endeavors -- your knowledge of the locale is a boon that would greatly benefit his task."

@[member="Moira Skaldi"] @[member="Cody Weadge"] @[member="Naamah Aesham"] @[member="Rexus Drath"]​

In the Darkness there is Truth
@[member="Cody Weadge"], @[member="Rexus Drath"], @[member="Cronos Aegir"]

"Nice to have you on board," Naamah's eyes raked over the newcomer. The fellow they had apparently been supposed to save on Csilla. She had heard he had fought Klaxxi with broken hands...now that was cool. He was also sort of cute. Of course Naamah was totally focused on the mission and would never let desires or anything like that get in the way. Conveniently the mission might involve use of her razor.

She pouted slightly as Cronos gave out orders. "I was looking forward to interrogating him and meting out justice," she sulked a bit. For some reason all of this writers' characters hate each other, even when in the case of Moira she would be incapable of feeling emotion, and so Naamah was certain her skills were far superior. Moreover, the HRD had just shown up, she was probably planning to go all clockwork on them. You could never trust unshackled droids. Just for this eventuality Naamah had taken an ion blaster with her. "Alright, as you order, I shall gladly come and break Case Officer Ming. We shall assume direct control and make him bend to us if necessary."

Qhorin Solas

Q
"Major Kalel's only crime is incompetence. According to Handler Rogar's report," I nodded at the considerably less nervous Chiss, "Case Officer Ming is the truly corrupt one." Or the more obviously corrupt one, in any case. I don't trust you to kill him quickly, I continued telepathically, my words for Naamah only. Moira has no need to draw out his suffering if he is innocent. She will kill him as an example, but she won't cause him undue suffering. That's what I assumed, at least. In truth, I had no idea how murderous the blond cyborg truly was. She could in truth be just as maniacal as Naamah beneath her cybernetic skin. Your skills are better suited to break Ming; he's the one with something to hide. At the very least she would weaken him enough for me to tear the truth from his mind. Using forceful telepathy always gave me headaches -- the less fortified the mind, however, the easier it was to peruse it's depths. Every IIB agent I'd come across had some form of mental shielding. Undoubtedly, Case Officer Ming knew how to shield his thoughts as well.

@[member="Naamah Aesham"]​

@[member="Cronos Aegir"], @[member="Rexus Drath"], @[member="Cody Weadge"]

Moira looked impassive at the exchange. Obviously she was unable to listen in to the telepathic conversation between Cronos and Naamah. Far as she was concerned the latter was an overeager child anyway. She reminded her a bit of a younger version of a certain Sith daemonette called Kaelin, who had started a certain Siobhan Kerrigan on the path of losing vital body parts. She doubted the girl would last long if the tables were turned on her.

However, Moira was efficient. She would break Kalel and make him confess his sins, then she would kill him before his minions as an example to spur them on. That was that. Incapable of feeling pleasure, she would feel no exultation, nothing really. One organic less. "Kalel will confess his errors and the sight of his demise will remind all of the consequences of failure and motivate them. You will hear from me when the deed is done," she said flatly as she turned. Anyone who got in her way at ISB Headquarters would suffer the consequences as well.

@[member="Rexus Drath"], @[member="Cronos Aegir"], @[member="Cody Weadge"]

Naamah's eyes seemed to light up at the prospect of getting to unmask and break an undoubtedly truly heinous criminal. The mental rebuke, communicated through telepathy, annoyed her just a bit. Her powers were not developed enough to actually project her thoughts into Cronos' mind, so she would be incapable of holding long conversations via telepathy. As fascinating as long-distance communication that did not involve technology would be. You mean she has no art. All efficiency and mechanics, no love behind it. Breaking...good breaking...is an art form. Have no worries, Ming will beg to reveal the truth and spill out his guts to you - not literally, if you don't want, she thought.

"Great. His corruption and all behind him will be revealed," she said with a smile. Naamah was undoubtedly a deranged individual who loved her job a bit too much, but she was one a leash. She would make Ming hurt, exercise her talents on him to make him suffer, but she understood the Inquisition wanted the truth out of him. She might care to much about her urges, but she had an instinct of self-preservation and was loyal.

Rexus Drath

"Whatever, let's go whitey." Rexus didn't sulk about any of the orders he walked away to and began his recon on the area. "I would rather be slicing some wrong doer in half right now but patrolling and s*%# is fun too." walking out of the alley and out onto the streets he sighed and began to find the cities barracks. He could talk to the captain of the guard to find any more leads on who was doing these wrong deeds and what time the guards usually stumbled upon a crime scene to see if they could piece together a pattern. "Gravity, pulling me down. Pulling md down." Rex sang to himself a bit as he began his walk to the barracks

Qhorin Solas

Q
I returned to the transport with Handler Rogar and Naamah. Case Officer Ming's personal office and apartments were in a massive domed structure deeper in the city, surrounded on all sides by looping lanes of speeder traffic. The inner city, with its tall buildings and thick traffic, was reminiscent of Coruscant, save for its duller skyline, the metal a mild brown color that matched the mountains beyond the city limits.

I thought of how to best solve our problem as we braved the traffic. We would have to be exceedingly careful if we were to maintain the integrity of the Inquisition, given we were very possibly pitted against Force-adepts. It was nigh impossible to fight the Force without using the Force, save for the most skilled of combatants, fancy weaponry not-withstanding. And what if it was more than just a single Force-adept abducting Atrisian citizens? There was no way to know -- not yet.

But Ming knew. Or he had an idea. He wouldn't be hiding evidence otherwise.

My ponderings lasted the length of the entire ride; as I came out of my reverie, Rogar was opening the door and stepping into into the Korbin sunlight. We followed him into the building and up the turbo-lifts to the 116th level, where Ming's offices lay. Again, when I reached into the Force the Darkside cast a dark haze across my vision, made it hard to recognize the shadows dancing in the distance. By the pain of Naamah's tender ministrations, however, the cloud of the Darkside would eventually lift. I would know the truth of Ming's involvement.

"Naamah." I gave her a sharp nod. "Do your thing."

@[member="Naamah Aesham"] @[member="Rexus Drath"] @[member="Cody Weadge"]​

The halls of the ISB headquarters were, as could be expected, stark and sterile, though the building itself was imposing, built to dominate and above all convey to anyone who looked upon it their irrelevance. For this was the nerve centre of state security, seemingly all-powerful, all-seeing, able to identify any opponent of the regime and smite them.

Black-armoured stormtroopers wielding blaster rifles stood guard, staff aides and agents went about their business, all under the watchful gaze of security cameras, both visible and invisible to the naked eye, though the enhanced perception of Moira picked up upon the latter, but she did not let it trouble her. As she walked through these halls, her stride soft but precise, every step seemingly calculated, she could not help feeling a certain sense of familiarity.

As if she had been here before, much like she had felt a peculiar sense of deja vu as she looked upon the ruined, radioactively contaminated, lifeless surface of Donayd, the pyre of a holocaust so many seemed to have forgotten. Like she had...helped pull the trigger once. Such flashes were puzzling, they indicated lack of control, perhaps a glitch. But answers would come to her time, logical reasoning and violence would achieve this, and as a machine she could not angst.

"General Kalel will see you now," the General's secretary, well-dressed, with a skirt just a few inches short of regulation, a smile on her face that seemed forced, spoke to her. "The ISB is taking these abductions very seriously. He was expecting to meet with..."

"The Directorate Chief is indisposed and sends her regards. Special Officer Terran is heading the operation. General Kalel will be briefed about the joint investigation soon. Thank you for your time," Moira said emotionlessly, not having moved or sat down throughout the entire time. Her weapons had been taken from her after entering the building, but then she was strong enough to break people by the hand. As the heavy doors to the office opened and she walked through, two stormtroopers followed her, not particularly discreetly, but then their master was a General of Imperial State Security.

About to be a corpse.

General Kalel sat in a leather chair behind an expensive looking hardwood desk, probably imported. He straightened, trying to look in control, but appeared tired and stressed. Moira's sensors picked up on the alcohol he had consumed and her nose crinkled just slightly in distaste before her features returned to their placcid state. Kryf, older vintage, not something that came cheap. The General seemed to have been doing well for himself and the view of the city was majestic. The desk was stacked with datpads and flimsi reports, perhaps hastily put up to simulate activity.

"General, sir, the agent from the IIB investigative team regarding the abductions," the secretary addressed him, looking just a bit like she wanted to be somewhere else. Perhaps she sensed the shift in power. Smart girl. Not that it mattered.

"Welcome to Koribin. I must say the IIB's arrival is rather...unexpected. The ISB is taking these...disappearances very seriously and we have devoted an entire commission to finding the rascals behind them. Our efforts will not fail and we will crush those behind them," he said with an air of drama, though she noted his hands were shaking slightly. He was compensating now that the Empire had turned its attention towards his little fiefdom.

"The slum areas are...very hard to police and the local gendarms are frankly incompetent. I suspect some of them might be...colluding with gangs but a for a long time my hands were tied. But the ISB has some very promising leads for a roundup of enemies of the state. I strongly suspect that Case Officer Ming is...unsafe and have taken measures to order his arrest and of his accomplices. The Emperor's will be done. We are...doing our best to..."

"Irrelevant. We require the best of someone better," Moira cut in coldly, not reacting at all to his rousing speech. Roundup. The usual suspects. Figured. "This is not a social call or a joint operation. As of now the Atrisian Empire is taking direct intervention. You are no longer in command. You are either in collusion with the elements responsible or incompetent. Koribin will be purged of traitors, wreckers and sloths. You failed to live up to your responsibilities and apprehend those responsible, you have covered up evidence and let rogue elements run rampant. Such is either incompetence or...treason. You will answer any questions the investigation has about your...collusions. We are here to bring the truth to light and you will answer."

Kalel spluttered and frothed for a moment, unable to speak. Finally he narrowed his eyes at her. "You will pay for this insult, girl. Long and painful. I am a General of State Security, a loyal officer, and this it not Atrisian territory. I have protected this world for decades and will not yield to bullying. Guards," he stood, making a gesture.

"Sit down," Moira said sternly. "Koribin's 'indepedence' is superfluous, for the men at the top have proven a failure. On behalf of the Imperial Government I am here to execute the sentence of death upon you. You will confess your errors, name your accomplices, then die. Either swiftly or painfully. The Empire will assume direct control over Koribin and terminate traitors, wreckers and sloths."

"You think you can just come in here and treat me like a slave? Guards! Kill her. She's a traitor. Defend Koribin."

Moira reached down her leg to remove a concealed blaster. Black-clad guards entered, swarming her and firing, opening up a volley of blaster bolts, but they no more affected her than hail on stone. Calmly she raised her blaster and shot two, grabbing the blaster rifle of one who toppled over while it was in mid-air, stoicly shooting down each guard in turn, able to concentrate on firing both weapons without any difficulty.

One guard came at her with a vibroblade as she crushed the throat of a falling guard with her boot by stomping upon his throat, and drove it into her back. The droid twitched as as the tip of the blade penetrated her clothes, then she dropped her guns to grab the hilt of the blade to pull it out...the frightened guard backed away, weakly raising his blaster to fire, but she was faster and simply tossed the sword through the air to chop his head off. Then she faced Kalel, who had gone white and sat limply in the chair, then suddenly tried to dash out and run but she simply raised a blaster and squeezed the trigger, a laser bolt hitting him in the back of the right leg, then roughly grabbed him by the shoulder in a grip bound to break bones.

"I don't think running will save you," she spoke flatly, holding him up with one hand like he weighed nothing. She pressed a button on the communication device on his desk, hailing his command staff. "You will confess your failings before your minions. Then you will be executed. Fail to comply and you will be...in pain." For emphasis she grabbed his right hand when he tried to beat her, and squeezed hard, breaking it.

@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

The shroud of the darkside clouded their vision much like a veil. Their enemies lurked in the shadows, committing their heinous deeds. The vision might be clouded, but then Naamah seemed to live for the moment and this was a moment she was bound to enjoy. Through her tender ministrations and sharp razors, Ming would divulge the truth to them. Indeed hopefully he would beg to be allowed to reveal all his sins to them. Perhaps even beg for further punishment.

After all, she was not hurting him out of spite or malice...just to force errant thoughts out of his mind. With every strike, every sensation of pain he felt, he would be purified until he was ready to go from this world and meet his Maker so that he might face the final punishment for his sins. Truth be told, Naamah would enjoy making him squeal.

Handler Rogar stepped aside and the door to Case Officer Ming's Office opened. His office was considerably less opulent than that of Kalel, seemingly spartan and humble, but then appearances could be deceiving. His desk was overflowing with datapads and flimsi reports. As the agents entered the Case Officer actually deigned to get up and wave them inside, as if he had been expecting them and was happy about their arrival. "Come in, please come in, fellow agents. I am honoured that the Emperor, may his reign last ten thousand years, is taking a personal interest in this matter. By the Gods, it is imperative that the truth is brought to light. I have acquired ample evidence that there's corruption reaching to the highest levels. Especially in the ISB. They have been hindering our investigations. I'm dead certain General Kalel is corrupt...the agency might be compromised. We must act swiftly to enforce justice," he immediately launched into a speech that sounded perfectly rehearsed.

"Yes, we must wipe out traitors. Let's start here," Naamah said with a smirk, then without further ado produced a blaster pistol from her holster and pressed the trigger. The surprised general officer had no time to dodge and cried out in pain as the laser bolt burnt into his knee. He looked shocked and enraged, glaring hatefully at her as he clutched his wound.

"What the hell...you queen. I'm loyal!"

Not giving him any time Naamah seized his hands, kicking him in the shin when he struggled. Handcuffs enclosed around his hands and they were tied to a chair. "Now...you and I are going to play a game, Citizen Ming. Boss Lady back on Atrisia wants answers. You get questions...you give me the right answers. If I don't like them...you'll be in pain...lots of it. I'd say it hurts me to hurt you, but the truth is, I'm going to enjoy it...a lot. Struggle and resist, and you just give me more hours of fun," she licked her lips, then with a strong kick knocked the chair against the wall. "Let's get started. Who's behind the abductions?"

"I don't know. You have the wrong man. You should question Kalel! He's a traitor. He's been taking bribes and turning a blind eye to crime in the slums!"

"But you're so much more...charming," Naamah quipped. "Funny thing, I'm sure if I asked him he'd say you're the traitor. So the logical conclusion is that you're both guilty....," at that she removed her knife from her belt and idly twirled it before driving it into his right hand so that he cried out in pain. She kept the knife inside, then twisted it around to increase the pain. Blood was splattered upon her knife as she removed it. "This is just the foreplay...I have plenty of time and lots of ideas...unless you start behaving."

"This is a misunderstanding. While you're wasting time here torturing a loyal servant of the Empire, the true perpetrators are at large. I called you here! Whent his is over you will answer for this!" Ming almost yelled.

"I dismiss that claim. Besides, I my empathy skills are limited. Some people might call me a sadist." Naamah said casually. "I call it a compliment. But you'd rather have me cut off the bits that stick out than answer my questions! Maybe you like it!" Her knife ran across his cheek almost in a violent caress, drawing blood as she sliced across, Ming stiffened and his breathing became more ragged, but he did not break. "Let's start small...," she drawled, pure viciousness in her eyes, then violently brought down the blade so that he screamed in agony as the little finger of his right hand was cut off, falling to the floor, blood splattering.

Transport
(Sorry guys been kind of busy, Hope i'm not to late)

These were the only people that would be okay with who I was. Wings and all. Even with some of these people, one a cyborg, and a race of people that were about as tall as rabbits, I don't think that seeing a two meter tall man with black wings would be too much out of question. I flew from my post back in Sector 20 to give in a report that all of the sectors were covered and on duty. I walked up to the man who was clearly in charge with blonde hair.

"Everybody is stationed where you said Sir, anything else you may need?"

I would have rather not said the last part as I was fresh meat compared to these other people, but even then, maybe I could help here. Being a Junior Agent in the IIB, I decided that as I was different then everybody else already, I wore my Dove suit in the fullest extent of its deep purple color. A sword was on my back between my shoulder blades, yet it stuck out slightly to the right so I could easily fly and if need be draw my weapon.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom