Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Curtain Rises (invite/ask)

((Let's try this again, shall we?))

Like these things so often do, it all started in a bar.

Chalmun's Cantina - Mos Eisley, Tatooine
AzxI58i.jpg

Desmond had been to Mos Eisley many times over the years, but even under the banner of the CIS the port was much the same as it always was. The drinks certainly hadn't improved any, at least. He took a long sip from his glass, setting the half-empty beverage back on the table. He and his four-armed companion had claimed a large booth at the back of the bar, expecting company to join them quickly.

He had spent the last few weeks putting the word out through his various contacts, both legitimate and not. He was fairly certain Olidiv had done the same, as well. They were looking for all the other lone operators and misfits who hadn't been able to work in a more regimented environment, who'd been making their way around the galaxy for credits with blade and blaster in hand. They were looking to start a team. From what his friends and fixers had told him, they just might have found one.

And they already had the job lined up. It was just a matter of bringing everyone together.

@Olidiv Kenu, @Vascious Relens, @Colap Ticon, @Mehrk Gorbi, @Crexis Vandan

"I still thinks this plan is a tad audacious, Des," he said with a chuckle, "even for us. Still, if the other brigands come, we should gather a good haul," he said flatly. He liked Tattoine. It wasn't paradise, but it was always interesting, and due to its location, all the bars were friendly even for methane breathers. He sipped from a small bottle connected to a nozzle in his environmental suit, and made a somewhat annoyed grunt. "The Talisian liquor here is way too bitter, not sweetness at all. I guess they've got not place to chill it," he said with a shrug.
"Nah, audacious was that job on Nar Shaddaa last year. This is right in the territory of smegging ludicrous," he grinned at the Morseerian, "But that's how all the best jobs go after all. Besides, we need something to keep our new associates interested once they get here."
The Gungan grimaced as he lurched through the dry air towards the cantina, skin chapped and already reddening. Even the shade was no comfort. How could moisture farming be feasible with no trace of humidity? He shook his head and clutched at the straps of his gearpack before entering into the... rustic... bar.

He scratched one of his large ears as he stood in the entrance and looked around. He had been contacted to meet with a small party here. Probably smaller than him. He was tall even by Gungan standards, which made for a decently imposing figure, even if he did get some giggles because of his floppy ears and the awkward dialect. He would endure those giggles long enough as he walked to the bar counter. These contacts would easily be able to identify who he was--the only Gungan on this side of the Core Worlds.

Mehrk sniffed and waited for his unacquainted associates to come out.
"Huh... Gungan all the way out here, what do you think Oli, one of ours?" Desmond tilted his head towards the Morseerian swordsman, not even waiting for a response before lifting an arm to flag Mehrk down to their table.

"Look a little out of place, I'm afraid to say. You didn't get called out this far on business, did you?" he offered a slightly apologetic half-grin to the amphibian.
Crexis strolled into the bar, his garb consisting of a normal look outfit but in reality was a tactical uniform. His usual blue sweater and khaki combat trousers held a vast arsenal of weaponry. He wielded a single WESTAR 34, his most fondly used instrument, as it was strapped to his thigh for easy reach. He did have a rifle slung across his back and lots of other lethal hidden weaponry but the bouncer at the door had stopped him from bringing the rifle, Crexis was dammed if he would have given up his concealed goodies.

Be that as it may, he gave a heavy sigh and glanced around. He spotted a pair of people talking unusually loud and assumed they were his contacts. From the likes of it, the human seemed more disciplined than the others. So he made his approach lightly, keeping a wary eye on his surroundings.

@Desmond Voralis. @Mehrk Gorbi

((everything after that got eaten by the crash. We'll just pick up from here!))

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
With an awkward dexterity, Mehrk brought his towering figure over to the table, tapping the ancient blaster clipped to his belt in no subtle manner. He invited himself to a chair, casually straddling the seat with legs firmly planted to both sides. If this was the wrong table, he wanted the most leverage he could afford if the play became rough. With an inquisitive scowl, the Gungan studied the occupants of the opposite seats before determining the most impressive way to introduce himself. "If yousa tinkin' no need for a Gungan, den mesa gonna leave right'way."

@[member="Desmond Voralis."] @[member="Olidiv Kenu"] @[member="Crexis Vandan"] @[member="Vascious Relens"] @[member="Colap Ticon"]

"Hah, you just stick out, is all," Desmond chuckled, that damnable grin spreading as he leaned back against his seat, "Relax and get yourself a drink, tab's on me tonight. We'll talk business once everyone's settled and introduced."

He promptly took his own advice, downing the remaining contents of his glass in a few quick gulps. He waited a little longer for any stragglers before beginning, "My name's Desmond Voralis. I'm not sure if any of you would know me, but I've been working as a merc all over this galaxy for the last decade. Haven't had too bad of a track record at it either, if I may say so. My partner, Olidiv, and I put the word out because we've got a job. A big one. Sort that builds reputations. We can't do it ourselves, but with the right team? Well, that's a whole different story," he flagged down the waitress, ordering a refill and giving everyone else at the table a chance to top off their drinks before continuing, "We pull this off, I guarantee the work will start coming in. So, to get the preliminaries out of the way, who're all of you and what can you do?"

He reached out to accept his glass as the server returned, "And most importantly, how do you feel about suicide missions?"

His lips split into a toothy smile, charming but not altogether sane.

@[member="Olidiv Kenu"], @[member="Crexis Vandan"], @[member="Vascious Relens"], @[member="Mehrk Gorbi"], @[member="Squr Tyson"]

@[member="Desmond Voralis."]

after listening to this speech the mando decided to " im a mandolorain , and mando's dont need weapons to complete suicide missions . its just a bonus" The muscular mandolorian said in a cold voice ​" you need someone killed or a war fought , ill do it as long as it's not against my vod " Even in his armor anyone could tell the big bulky mandolorian is very muscular compared to most people. squr then sat back with his arm's crossed asking " whats our first target if you do not mind me asking?"

"Eager, I like that. Relax and get a drink for now though, Mando, we'll go over everything real soon," he smirked, "So, your vod give you a name?"

@[member="Squr Tyson"]

Olidiv Kenu

Behold, a Swordsman of Legend
The Morseerian looked at the lot of them. Desmond probably looked the least imposing, but looks meant squat--after all, he usually would wear a 500-credit tailored suit while cleaving a man in half. He nodded to the Gungan. "I think we could use you, if you've got the talent. Gungan weaponry's unique, and if you were raised on that type of training, it means you've got unpredictable talents," the four-arm man said with a nod. "I like unpredictable talent. I'm Olidiv Kenu," he siad with a bow towards both the lanky, rough-looking Gungan and the Mandalorian.

He eyed Squr, although the breathing mask his his appraising eyes. Not a small guy, even if the armor was probably adding some beef. Still, he seemed like the type to go for the front lines, and that was good. No sense not having a valiant Mandalorian warrior. Still, between his swords The Mando's brute force, Desmond's guns, and whatever the Gungan wanted to bring to the table, they were getting a variety pack of warriors--it was like a good Rodian drama. He wondered if there'd be a stealthy assassin. "Glad to see the enthusiasm, big guy," he said with a gesture to the brawny man in armor. He'd let everyone else make introductions. This was Desmond's show, he was happy to play supporting actor at the moment.

(conversation post )

" they call me Squr Tyson , son of Blackburn Tyson slayer of the sith" He smiled under his armor . Ordering from the waitress in a cold voice " Get me some jawa juice " ​This meeting was going to be something else

Beowoof

Despite Desmond's offer to pay for whatever choice Outer Rim filth one could desire, the parched Gungan ordered a pitcher of water. As soon as it was brought to him, he grasped it and desperately chugged the simple liquid to temporarily eliminate his need for hydration. He allowed a fleeting smirk as the Morseerian mentioned the novelty of Gungan fighting tech.

"Mya name's Mehrk," the amphibious one gargled, before setting the emptied pitcher down with finality. Fully expectant of the usual laughs at the expense of his kind, he glanced viciously at each person in the party, daring them to make fun of his typical Gungan syntax. He concluded that it would be best to hit them hard with his background first, to dispel any doubts pertaining to him and his species.

"Mesa been a trapster and hunter, and put'n time with deh Gungan Guard back'n home. Deh big boyos, if yousan familiar." He clapped his palm on the table top for emphasis. "Bombed outta Naboo. Did some big time in deh Mid Rim crunchin' spicers, but deh best hunters knowin' when to gib up. So mesa lookin' for deh big fightin' with deh big payin' now, if yousa got dat."

@[member="Mehrk Gorbi"]

amused by the glare this gungan made squr said ​" give me another dirty look again, you wont like what comes next guaranteed. no one gets close in my face the last person who tried that karking bantha died " the tough ruff mandolorian then just to show the gungan he meant business. polished his built in brass knuckles while giving him a menacing look . The message clearly was, come at me if you dare. His intimidating bulky muscular body tensed up showing how deadly he could be just to show this gungan that his gut's was backed up with pure muscle and heavy armor. " I suggest you get out of my face with that look now"
(OCC: one of the thing's is this character get's easily angry if someone attempt's to push him around, or gives him any provoking actions)

@[member="Mehrk Gorbi"], @[member="Squr Tyson"], @[member="Olidiv Kenu"]

"Yeah, we're stopping that right smegging now. Save it for the job, you two," Desmond raised a hand to call their attention back to him. His eyes narrowed a little as he sat up straight in his seat, but his voice remained even, "You don't need to like each other, but as long as you're working with me I expect you to act like you've got a fething professional bone somewhere in your body. If any of you can't behave yourselves even for a meeting, you're out. Understood?"

He turned his head, glancing back and forth between the Mandalorian and the Gungan, "Now, let's stop goading each other into a fight and start talking about the poor smegging idiots we're going to give a nasty surprise to."

(Conversation post)
" fine , but i swear if he try's one thing i will go ballistic. now what do you suggest we target ? I want some fething action already if you dont mind me saying sir"

[I lost my original entry post with the board crash. The jist was that a 6'8" Mandalorian in battered armor with no visible weapons, entered the bar after Mehrk and Crexis. He stayed silent and listened while the others spoke.]

As the others argued there was suddenly a subtle hiss of a helmet's air lock being broken. The larger Mandalorian in the battered armor who had stayed silent up to this point had reached up and was lifting his helmet over his head. Soon he rested it down onto the table with the classic T shaped Mandalorian visor facing the others.

This mysterious figure ended up being an older man with short gray hair and rough stubble that was about a week from a shave. His brown eyes were cold and lifeless. Old veteran soldiers tended to develop that look in their eyes, but this Mandalorian's emotionless gaze was unnerving. It was a gaze that was being directed at Squr.

"I've fought Gungans, and they're less than useless on land. Never the less you might think twice before taking on one that has found a way to thrive in a desert, ad."

The age difference between the two Mandalorians was vast. While Squr was quick to provoke, it seemed that the older Mandalorian was more methodical.

"The name's Vascious Relens, and we'll see what you think a suicide mission is," added Vascious with a slight smirk as he turned his attention to Desmond.

Olidiv Kenu

Olidiv chuckled good-naturedly as the two looked rather tensely at each other. "Actually, it isn't me and Desmond calling them suicide missions, usually. As a rule, the people paying us call them suicide missions, and we manage to not die during them, much to everyone's surprise," he said with a hearty laugh, sticking a small hose from his suit into the bubbling green thing that they called a Gand ale here. It was half-way decently done, form a methane breather standpoint. The menu was better here than in a lot of bars in the core. Still, having to drink using three hoses in your respiration unit was a tricky balance.

Olidiv looked at this team. A lot of Mandalorian muscle, plus him, Desmond and the Gungan. This was a decent crew, to say the least. He nodded casually. "As far as crews go, it seems like we've definitely got a load full of muscle, that's a plus. If you don't mind my asking, who here are experienced pilots?"

@[member="Vascious Relens"]

( OCC: if you are an old timer that's older than me then how is it possible your larger and more muscular then me.... not trying to be rude im just trying to clarify thing's how much older are you?)

Beowoof

Mehrk was quite miffed at the insults of his species and the undermining of his character on the part of the Mandalorians. He balled his fists underneath the table top, angry but prudently restraining himself. "Mesa got deh good instincts," he insisted. "Mya warrior. Mya people been warriors. Best you stoppin' deh ouch-talk. Try'na get in business, or not?"

After a loud, sickly snerk from his sunburned snout, the Gungan turned to face Olidiv. "Mya no pilot, but mesa got memorized deh smuggler routes in deh systems." He shrugged, hoping such knowledge would be appreciated by his interviewers.

@[member="Mehrk Gorbi"]

(OCC: what insult's all i made was a threat to get out of my face :p anyway, my character has no patience for arrogance )
"instinct's dont save your life . The will to survive, and the will to kill does, you can have your confidence all you want about yourself , but instinct's dont think for you in those tough situation's. Your physical capabilities and training do, and just so you know every mercenary and bounty hunter has to be a warrior to survive their's nothing special about it."
he then faced the other mandolorian " regardless of how useful you have seen them be. does not mean he's like other's nor does it intimidate me. Im just as big and strong as you, and I have survived and killed a sith at the age of ten to avenge my father, can that runt say the same. so go ahead vod talk all you want but never underestimate me " already more angry got up and stood right up at his fellow vod " You may be part of the mandode like i am so I wont kill you. But that does not mean I cant make you mind your own fething business when it comes to someone challenging my pride. "
Squr was not only big bulky and muscular but he used his anger and training to his advantage and said one thing to the gungan " now lets get this straight before we continue this meeting. I hate arrogance, it's what get's soldier's killed the most, I dont give a kark if your people were warrior's because mine are too you are not the only one who can bring a fight to the table." restraining himself from outright picking the gungan up and flinging him out of the cantina. hell he could pick up almost anybody with just one arm and throw them far. Like he would when he had less restraint.
"I am part of the mand'ode we dont need fething weapon's like your people do, we can use our bare hand's, we don't need a chain of command but our mandalore so we cant be lead-less. Hell one of our own tenat's demand's us to be able to hold our own physically and mentally in battle regardless of profession. your people fight only when forced too , have you ever tried to expand and take naboo over? no. We dont care if we start a war it's for the glory of battle , thats why we went to war with the republic long ago." then in a hard toned voice
"When a commander say's enough with the insult's you dont test your arrogance on me you follow your order's shut up and talk about business. Im sure boss here would agree with me." his massive muscular body was tensed to where before you could just see muscle slightly defined in his heavy armor. Now highly detailed and big. he then sat down to prove his point about this child gungan

[Hey Squr I shot you a PM to clarify on your questions.]

The older Mandalorian waited patiently as Tyson attempted to berate both Vascious and Mehrk.

When it seemed that the younger man was finally done, Vascious considered him for several awkwardly silent moments before breaking out into a deep hearty laughter.

"Pup! I like your courage. I don't know what it takes to get off of Mandalore alive these days, but i'm curious to see how you do. If we see any Sith i'll be sure to let you take point."

Then Vascious nonchalantly waved a waitress over to order his drink while Olidiv went into further questioning.

"I'm a fair shot, but useless in the cockpit."

Desmond's brow furrowed ever so slightly. Keeping these guys in line was going to be just that much trickier than expected, it seemed. When Vascious began to laugh, however, the blond mercenary chuckles slightly as well, shaking his head as the situation defused. At least for the moment, their attention wasn't on strangling each other.

Best to keep it that way.

"All right. Here's the deal," he took one more sip from his drink before continuing, "Any of you familiar with the Blazing Chain? They're raiders. Nomadic pirates, sort of. Wander around the Rim hitting merchants, settlements, stations, and so on. Whatever has the supplies they need or something worth selling. They set up shop, hit targets as long as they can, move on. A group of them seems to have setup shop near Fringer space. Needless to say, the Fringers aren't exactly happy about getting hit by quick raider strikes, but haven't been able to find where the Chain dug itself in this time."

He grinned again, "This is where we come in. Now obviously we don't have a whole fleet backing us, but with some clever traps, a slicer, a couple of surly Mandos and, if I may say so, my shooting... we just might be able to make this work. Plan's pretty straightforward. I've made some arrangements to get our hands on a small transport. We head out to the systems the Chain's been hitting and make ourselves bait. Lure one of their ships into boarding us, jam their comms and take it for ourselves. Oli here slices the ship's navcomputer, and we fly right into dock in their own ship. Then, we just disable the defensive systems and call in whatever Fringe patrols are nearby."

He glanced between each of them, making sure they were following along, "Tricky bit, is the Chain has some force adepts. Don't expect sabers but don't get caught off guard if we run into some telekinetics. There's a bonus in it for us if we personally apprehend or dispose of the Adacap, the local leader, while we're in their dock. He's almost definitely gonna have force training though"

He smiled wide at everyone, "If you're lacking any hardware for this kinda job, Oli and I can give you each an advance of a couple thousand credits to make some arrangements. So..."

He took another long swig, "Are you all in?"

@[member="Olidiv Kenu"], @[member="Mehrk Gorbi"], @[member="Vascious Relens"], @[member="Squr Tyson"]

Olidiv Kenu

Olidiv's shoulders sagged slightly. "No lightsabers? That's a shame. Always wanted to take one apart. Ah well, at least I'll keep busy with a gig like that," he said with a smirk. He chuckled and nodded. "That being said, since everyone else feels otherwise, it looks like I'll be driving, once we get this running," he smirked. He wasn't as good as some Morseerian runners, but he could fly.

He looked at his comrades. "Just like Desmond said. You need something , let us know. Better we fly in well-armed and ready, after all," he said with a laugh, smirking as he made a gesture to a nearby waitress. "Two more pitches or ale, and one more for water. The big guy could probably use another gallon," he said jovially, the waitress replying something in bocce.

Olidiv's comment about taking apart a lightsaber managed to get another hearty chuckle out of the old Mandalorian.

"Just make sure it doesn't take you apart first, swordsman. Either way i'm not concerned about a few force users. Pup and I are equipped for that."

It wasn't ironic that the force users didn't seem to give him any pause. Indeed he had been a Sith Master before the Gulag Plague. That was a secret Relens kept close to his heart though since he didn't want the current Empire's political drama.

"This sounds like a good plan. I don't need any gear, but i'll need a ride. Keep the ship from blowing up around us, and i'll keep you from getting skewered," added Vascious before grabbing one of the drinks the waitress brought. "Do you know the most interesting thing about pirates is? They tend to have some of the most interesting stolen artifacts."

It wasn't about the money though. It was never about the money for him. The older man stared down into to amber liquid in his cup. What kind of man was this Adacap? What kind of intriguing treasures did they hold? Would Vascious find a thrill in the mission? He'd find out soon enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom