Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Crystal Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Crystal Desert

Image Source: Here is the information on where the picture comes from.

800px-Agasthiyamalai_range_and_Tirunelveli_rainshadow.jpg

Classification: Desert

Size: This is a heavy desert.

Population: Uninhabited.

Demographics: N/A

Points of Interest: There are Lightsaber crystals buried in the sands.

Description: The Crystal Desert is home to a great many lightsaber crystals that are buried within the sands and the caves it possesses. The sands of the Crystal Desert are murder on unprotected feet because of how hot the sands actually are. The desert borders a location known simply as the "Facility" at the very outskirts of it. Due to this, there is a forcefield at that end of the desert that prevents travel any further in that direction. There are other crystals that could be found in the Desert.

History: The Crystal Desert was discovered by the first of the Narrikian Emperors before the Gulag Plague hit the planet, and it's location was recorded. There, in the Crystal Desert the first Narrikian Light Weapon was made, the Light Axe Imperial Right. Since then the desert has been visited by many Narrikians over the years who have mined crystals from the desert and made their own weapons. Over the centuries the Desert fell into abandonment, and was rediscovered by Sirius Nova once he read an old diary of the first Narrikian Emperor. The Crystal Desert is the primary source of crystals for Lightsabers that the Narrikians rely on.

The crystals so far consist of a large volume of Dahgee Lightsaber Crystals, as well as all varieties of Adegan Crystals, and Upari Crystals. The Desert is also home to Kannor Crystals, and Dark Jade

Intent: I am doing this to flesh out my earlier submission of Setus Prime by creating the Crystal Desert, and the other locations on Setus Prime in order to flesh it out.

Links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/104234-setus-prime/

Looks like I'll be your judge on this one, [member="Sirius Nova"]! Overall it's an interesting location, though I think it could do with a little more meat. Especially since this is a location already listed in the custom planet submission, it believe it should be expanded upon even further to justify it being its own submission.

Please update your image source with a link that works.

Sirius Nova said:
This stretch of desert is home to crystals of many shapes, and sizes. There are also crystals of varying colors, and ones that have varying properties. There could be even new Lightsaber Crystals that could be discovered within the Crystal Desert.
Having lightsaber crystals is fine, and I see that's already been approved as a location in its planet sub. As it stands, however, it's fairly vague. Please elaborate on the type of crystals present. Here's a guide you might find useful. More info can be found on Wookiepedia. Also, please be aware that any new lightsaber crystals would have to be submitted through the Factory.

Sirius Nova said:
The Crystal Desert has always been an area where the Narrikians go when they forge weapons for themselves. This desert is held as a place of great power for them, even if it doesn't have any properties in the Force.
While the rest is interesting, this is the only section of what you've written under 'History' that's relevant to this submission. The section above is a copy/paste from the planet submission. I want you to remove that, and replace it with a more detailed description of the desert's history. There are many things you could elaborate on, such as for example its tradition in Narrikian society, maybe even rivalries sparked over the valuable resources it contained.

I'd also like to see you expand a bit on the description of the desert itself, outside of the lightsaber crystals. A few suggestions: Overall size? What will you find at the edges of the desert? Does it border anything noteworthy?

Sirius Nova said:
During the period of Palpatine and the Galafvtic Empire, the Narrikians captured
Misspelling.

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

I believe I've made all the edits you require, but I could be wrong. Let me know if I am, or if there are any further details you wanted. Also is it okay if there are some crystals I didn't list, that I'm in the process of submitting within the Factory?

Apologies for the delay, [member="Sirius Nova"].

Sure. When your crystals have been approved in Factory just post in the Codex's submission modifications area.

Descriptions and history looks good to go. My last request is that you limit the different types of crystals available. Considering you'll add on with your own custom crystals, I want you to narrow it down to 3 (not including your custom one).

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]:

I have done the edits you requested, even though that limits the Lightsaber options too much in my opinion. Might have to create other locations for crystal mining later.

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Or traverse the galaxy to the many different planets with known lightsaber crystal locations instead of having it all in place in your backyard without any effort required. :) These things are generally spread out and varied, not clustered together. Besides, crystals are mostly story fluff rather than min/maxing tools.

Note that Dantari crystals are found only in Kinrath eggs. You can still keep them, but in that case I want the Kinrath's presence in the desert mentioned in the description. Alternatively, replace them with something else.

Thanks

The Impact Crystals were a pair of man-made crystals owned specifically by a clone of Galen Marek.

You will need to find a different type of crystal to use in this submission. I would recommend sticking with Adegan Crystals, as they were the most widespread type within the galaxy.

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom