Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cruise

Arrived in: The Silent Erika (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/130646-the-silent-erika-modified-j-type-327-nubian/)

Armed with: Uri's cane (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/124421-uris-cane/)

Outback Rifle (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/119762-wild-space-outback-rifle/)

Wearing: Reserve Marksman Suit (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/41261-sasori-explorers-bodysuit/)

NPC ally: Siva (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/134322-siva-joyuese/)

Maple shot awake in her bed, staring at the blood on her hands that wasn't there in the darkness of her ship's bedroom. She remembered that man she had killed from half a mile out on Corellia. Remembered the way his head had exploded through the scope.

She took a bottle of water next to her bed and downed it, feeling it spread through the insides and distract her from the memory. One among many, much more horrific ones. She headed into the restroom and splashed water onto her face. She decided to get some food. She'd slept long enough as it was anyway.

Throwing on some casual stuff, as well as the glove over the hand bearing the mark of The Brain Demon and walked out to find Siva already cooking. The apple green Twi'lek was staying aboard with her a few days after her visit to Krant to talk to Kadmus Riath's ghost. She was clad in tight fitting red clothes, flipping a patty of nerf meat into a pan. Maple was clad in shorts and a T-shirt.

"Hey, you're up early..." Siva remarked.

"Bad dreams..." Maple trailed, heading to a cupboard and getting out the coffee, her bright green eyes occasionally sliding a glance at Siva's backside.

"Corellia again?" Siva asked.

"How'd you know?" Maple asked absent-mindedly, spooning some sugar into a durasteel cup.

"Heard you yelling the wind speed and curvature of the planet from the mess room." Siva explained, her Underworks Coruscant accent softly poking through.

"Sorry. The nasty ones come back now and then."

"Pot, lecturing the Kettle..." the Twi'lek replied softly. "You ready to go to that barge?"

"GHSB? Yeah."

Siva had gotten wind of a professor of Rylothian history who wanted to meet her on nuetral ground, and Siva had helped set it up. When Maple asked why this was important, Siva answered that he knew something about her enemy from Felacat, and that he would only talk on an isolated location. Maple had been looking for high end bounty work anyway, and Hutt's usually had somebody they wanted brought in. Alive, even, in some cases.

"Might even find some good jobs to go on. Split the take..." Siva said just as softly, finishing her cooking and drawing Maple in by the waist.

"Go partying on some mountain range, shoot a few cans. Buy some rockets and rearrange a junkyard..." Maple suggested, taking Siva by the hips.

"Sounds fun..." the Twi'lek trailed, her lips an inch from Maple's.

Before a kiss could happen, the ship sounded an alert. A massive ship was in range. The GHSB. Maple was amazed, sometimes, at what the Hutts could field. And it was at times like that she thought it a shame so many of them didn't take such obvious cunning and intelligence to higher aims. Maple was of the opinion that if the Hutts ever put their mind to it, they could figure out a way to seize control of much of the galaxy. And maybe run it better.

"Looks like breakfast is gonna have to wait. We're here."

Siva sighed, "I'm beginning to hate energy bars..."

Later on...

Siva chewed on an energy bar as she stepped off the J-type Nubian in her black, skintight combat suit, Maple in an equally skintight (though far more alien looking) light armor. The hanger was fully staffed, with heavy security. Their weapons were not removed. The security knew better than to try. The pair had barely left the hanger before they were greeted by the full festivities of the pleasure barge. Neither Maple nor Siva stayed in such places normally. Siva, because she had worked her hide off, even killed in many cases, to keep her and her sister out of the slave trade, Maple because of what Siva had gone through and because she often shot slavers when encountering them. It was a den of wickedness to them both, and only the promise of work or intel could keep them in such a place for long.

"This professor say where he would be?" Maple asked.

"Should be in one of the private dance rooms. He paid for all three of us..."

"Well, he's considerate..." Maple replied, making her way forward into the ship with her friend following close behind.

[member="Omi Henata"]

Private dancing was the worst by far. Omi was on a small stage in a private room next to two other girls. Both of which were wearing the same black outfit as Omi. Tight. But more modest and covering then Omi had expected. The outfit covered her entire torso and was in the shape of a one-piece swim suit but was extremely low cut down to her navel. One of Omi's belly piercings were visible, the one on her belly button. Omi put on a fake grin and finished the form. All the dancers stopped and bowed as the man clapped.

Suddenly, two attractive females entered the room. A human looking one and a twi'lek. Omi blushed at the sight of them. She felt as though something was different about them. The looks in there eyes made Omi feel guilty somehow. Like she did something wrong. Just then the other dancers began to sway and Omi joined in. She looked over the two new watchers and listened to what they were saying. Omi let her hand run over her body and rub her navel piercing giving the human girl a wink.

Maple and Siva headed into the private room, Maple in particular catching the wink of [member="Omi Henata"] and nodding politely, while what was left of her Force Senses told her there was something different about that one. Her green eyes scanning the room for potential listening devices. It was a small room but with good angles to enjoy the dance from.

They soon found the professor, a human of tall build in a tweed suit with cybernetic blue eyes. He had short cut brown hair and appeared to be in his mid-thirties. His skin was a light tan in color. The nose was crooked, like it had been broken once before, a long time ago. He smiled as he spotted them

Maple and Siva sat down on the lounge seats.

"You're here!" He exclaimed, straightening out his suit's lapel. "Professor Tragin Nostron, at your service."

"Interesting choice of venue, professor." Maple spoke.

"It was the only place I was sure The Amalgam wouldn't be able to follow me..." Nostron explained.

"What do you know about her?"

I know she was on Ryloth, about twenty-five years ago. She was looking for something. She apparently found it. They call it The Book of The Five Phases." He answered.

"How do you know this?" Siva asked, leaning back crossing her legs, eyes occasionally sliding to Omi. She could only feel relief it wasn't her up there. Siva enjoyed a good dance of nearly naked women the same as Uri...but she preferred her dancers get paid. It wasn't Omi's fault--poor girl was likely press-ganged into it--but it robbed Siva of her ability to enjoy it. She wanted to get up there and shake the women, tell them 'Don't let them control you forever!' but she held her tongue.

"I was a boy living on Ryloth with my mother when I first encountered her. Vile person. But...strangely well intentioned, in a twisted way."

"How so?" Maple asked, leaning forward.

"The Amalgam believes with all sincerity that she is making people better, making the galaxy better, by converting both them and it to the Dark Side. This is the core conceit behind all of her actions. It drives everything she is, and it drives everything she does."

"You almost make it sound like altruism..." Maple replied, clasping her hands together.

"Its no doubt how she views it also."

"Do you know why she has targeted me, specifically?" Maple inquired.

"I can only speculate on that, I'm afraid. But I do know where the book she was looking for is located. I managed to...hide it."

Now it was Siva's turn to lean forward, her chin resting on her hands.

"Do go on..."

Omi continued to dance looking out at the two woman. She sized them up. Both appeared to be very fit and strong looking woman. Perhaps they were an item and were together. The look the Twi'lek gave her made Omi sick. She was a free woman, one that could go and do what she wanted. And yet, she still had the brass to look down on those of her race, Omi may have been a slave, but she was still a proud twi'lek. To sum it up.. Omi was incredibly jealous.

She finished the form as the music ended and looked down at the guests. Unsure of what they would say or do next. They seemed to be incredibly focused on the conversation, as were most who did illegal things in the private dance area. But she could sense there was something different about them.. something she would figure out.
[member="Maple Harte"]

"I only saw it once." Nostron confessed. "But it was large. Real doorstopper. Its in some kind of chamber on Ryloth. They call it The Inversion Wellspring. Its hidden away, but I know the route..."

"What's your motive for giving us this information?" Siva wondered out loud, leaning back against the seat.

"Revenge. I left the Inversion Wellspring. My mother didn't. She bought me time to escape."

"Was she a Force Adept?" Maple asked.

Nostron glowered. "No."

"I'm sorry. We'll do our best to avenge your mother." Maple said with all sincerity. "How did you evade her after you escaped?"

"I went to ground. Lived in the wilds. Did...things...to survive. It wasn't pleasant, those things I did." he answered, staring emptily at the dancers and glancing at [member="Omi Henata"].

"I'm willing to offer you protection. I know a few people who can give you proper security.

"Anonimity is my best security. Being protected would just draw attention. I've changed identities before. Thanks, but no thanks."

"Do you have a map?" Siva asked.

Nostron pulled out a holodisk and handed it to her. "Make sure when you go for it you don't let anyone know. Now that she's crawled out from her rock...she might have established informants." he said in a quiet, paranoid voice, eyes darting around in suspicion.

Maple took the disk. Her bright green eyes scanning its shiny surface for a second before putting it in a pouch on her belt.

"I should leave...my safety and continued security depends on leaving as soon as possible. I wish you both the best of luck." he spoke quietly but earnestly, rising to leave the dance room.

"Well...that was productive." Siva remarked somewhat cautiously.

"Lets not get too excited. We're working on nearly three decades old info..." Maple replied with a noticable uncertainty. Her eyes slid to Omi again.

"There's something different about this one, Siva..." she noted, crossing her legs as she leaned forward to observe.

"What?" Siva asked, mildly curious.

Maple leaned over and whispered. "I sense the Force within her..."

"Hutts always manage to nab one, somehow..." Siva replied..."Why's that important, though?"

"I'm not sure..." Maple said, uncertain. She poured herself a drink from the nearby counter. "But I know there are no accidents..."

"You new here?" Maple asked Omi, taking a sip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom