Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Crowning of Otor Blank the II

Mauda

Sat with a straight back and folded arms, Orex watched as the new Lord made his way out onto the stage. He had briefly read some details about Quarzite and was quite surprised to see Kage amongst the Belugan crowd. What stood out in the crowd however was a serene and peaceful lightside presence. Orex scanned the audience from his vantage point but to no avail. He wasn't partial towards a conflict today and hoped this presence would be of no issue.

As Otor began to speak, Orex returned his attention to the stage and the Belugan at the centre.

[member="Xos"]
[member="Otor Blank the II"]

Otor Blank the II

O
Otor stepped up to the podium, but before speaking he took a second. Today was the day. Today was the day that could make or break Otors entire life. Half a decade for nothing. The rest of his life for nothing. First impressions are everything.

"First of all, I would like to thank you all for coming. Whether you're Kage, Belugan, or any other person, I am greatful for your presence and I thank you for coming." Otor let out a small sigh before speaking again. "For the last 5 years I have refused to take my rightful place as Lord of Quarzite for my own reasons. However, I did not abandon my responsibility as rightful Lord. Behind the scenes I took it upon myself to unite our planet. For too long we have been seperated by race and culture. Kage and Belugan have been different for too long. During my time in seclusion I proposed we change that. I proposed that we help integrate the Kage into the government, help give the Kage a greater voice, and to eliminate the racist stigmas aroudn the Kage." Otor paused for slight moment before speaking again. "I wish to create a united Quarzite. I wsh to create a united Quarzite that can stand tall on the galactic stage. For two long we have sat in a prime position for galactic importance, and done nothing. For too long we have stood neutral or too small to be noticed. I wish to change that. When people see a Belugan or a Kage out in the galaxy I want people to see them and say "There goes a mighty Quarzitian." instead of asking "What are they?"." Otor paused for a short moment once again. "I wish to unite the people of this planet so the we can stand tall in the galaxy. I want every single person who calls Quarzite home to live in safety and comfort with wealth to spare. I want every person on this planet to feel like they're part of something great. But we cannot do that seperated. We must stand together to become strong. Belugan and Kage must unite so that we can stand tall in the stars. So, how about we start standing together right now?"

[member="Xos"]
[member="Orex Mauda"]

Mauda

His straight back began to relax as Orex paid more attention to Otor. The man was certainly progressive. Something Orex wished to see more of these days. He was dedicated to eliminating petty conflicts brought about by race and culture. It was very pleasing to see a new head of state making it his task to crack down on such ignorant ideals. As he spoke, Orex discarded ideas and formed new ones. This was an opportunity he was not willing to forgo. Perhaps he could not simply be a business associate. Perhaps he could solidify himself in the government here. He began to break his gaze from the Belugan and observed the atrium he was in.

"So that we can stand tall in the galaxy"

Another idea discarded. Putting himself in their government would be a distraction. He sympathised with the words being delivered. Trying to benefit the population of the planet, trying to bring about some planetary significance. Something every leader should strive for.

"I want every person on this planet to feel like they are part of something great"

Orex's ears pricked at the statement. Two steps ahead, Orex thought. His gaze returned to Otor as he finished his speech, clasping his hands in front of him and relaxing further into his seat.

[member="Otor Blank the II"]
[member="Xos"]

Xos listened patiently as the Lord came forwards, speaking of Unity, what he wanted the Quarzite to be, of wanting them to live in comfort. It all sounded quite good and well. But there was always the possibility of misfortune. And that was part of the reason Xos was here. He could offer assistance to them, even if only offering someone as an advisor. But it was a way to help nevertheless. Help keep them on the right track.

As the Quarzite finished his speech with a question Xos looked to those around him, waiting to see what their reactions to their Lord's speech could be. One way or another, he would start making his way around, searching for a location where he could get a message to the Lord. He could of course do it telepathically, and he might if he couldn't find another way in. But he'd rather not surprise him. So far, many of the people he'd done that to either could see him, or were already familiar with the force to not need to be afraid.

[member="Orex Mauda"][member="Otor Blank the II"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom