Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cosmos: Have At Thee Foul Beast!

The Cosmos: Have At Thee Foul Beast!

This article is brought to you by furries and their bizarre yet stranglt awesome music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=ulW_p8A4_t8

So I wanted to talk about something that has been under my skin a bit, and that irritating little splinter is dueling. Yup dueling, it's a thing a very popular thing for us to use our characters like Pokemon and pit them against each other for no particular reason whatsoever. Now whether it be NFUs or FUs there's just lots of things in each duel that is just like maddening. Duels usually start on the RP discussion forum with some dude looking to pit his level Ninety Onyx versus your level five chansey. If that makes sense to any of you. Dueling has become this non stop pissing contest where people aren't even people anymore and they are just fighting for no reason. I'm a big fan of telling a story and when I duel I like to try and tell a story when it comes to my fights other than "swing swing clang hahaha I totally hit you! No you didn't!" But when I see duels here or anywhere really it's just frankly boring and I am not a big fan of reading so here are a few things I'd like to raise and mention to see if we can get on the right path for these things.

The first thing I'd like to raise is TAKE A FREAKING HIT!!! I get that you like your character I really do but they aren't gonna die, they aren't gonna leave you for having them take a hit. There are some amazing duelists on this site some of my personal favorites are Jorus, Sarge, and Hasjo. If you want a amazing duel talk to those dudes they know how to party. But back to my point, take a hit dude. It builds up tension in the fight and it limits you that you have taken that damage meaning you have to find away to push through and find a way to win. So yes just takes some hits and have fun with it. My next point I'd like to raise is the L word

Lesbians? No but close. I'm talking about losing. There is nothing wrong with losing a fight at all, and it's fun to be the one who loses at times. It's good incentive to make your character stronger and train. It's nice development and you know it saves drama on the eternal pissing contest. I can not even begin to count how many duels I've lost but that's not important. Losing is important someone has to lose and there is no shame in it whatsoever. If people mock you or say something then *raises both middle fingers* Duces mother fucker. It's really pretty easy and you just got to use that as motivation. Now me I haven't had the greatest track record with mental health and drama but I think avoiding drama is the best thing you can do. Once again there's nothing wrong with losing a fight, you just got to roll with the punches.

I think I had another point and that was to just be respectful with your opponent, I've been in only 1 really ugly duel and it was unfun. If you have problems with another persons post don't be a sarcastic passive aggressive ass in your next post. Be the bigger person and just roll with it even if the person you are posting with isn't the greatest writer in the world. And if there is a real big problem shoot the other dude a PM be polite and respectful and they will most likely edit their post. If they don't then consult an RPJ and let nature take it's course.

All and all just have fun, dueling has devolved from fun stories to Pokemon where you are just wandering around in the RP discussion forums and someone spots you "Hey you!! Yeah you! We are dueling prepare thine butt for a paddling! OP SITH LORD THAT I GOT MASTER IN WITHIN TWO MONTHS I CHOOSE YOU!!" Put some effort into it guys come on. This your ummm not so much funky fresh overlord? Saying that dueling should be fun but it should also make sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom