Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The corruption of a Nexus.

The MC-18 descended down to the Surface of Ruusan, it's engines buzzing could be heard for miles around whilst it touched down to the ground. Inside of the ship stood Lord Depravious at the pilots deck, directing the men and the pilots where to stand once it landed and exactly where to land. Inside of the ship gathered the force that Depravious had gathered for this undertaking on Ruusan; however, do not get this wrong Depravious in no way was going to over take the planet with but a mere light freighter.. No his power had diminished slightly since his transference into this universe, and he would have to replenish it bit by bit over time. His days of being able to single handedly leave planets frozen entirely over in ice where as of now out of his reach, so he required this crew that he had assembled upon the MC-18. There were also many soldiers of the Sith Empire that assembled upon the ship by none other than Lord Depravious himself. He realized that the Jedi would attempt to stop him and the team, thus the fire power was simply a precaution. He of course had the strength to fend off any Jedi that would come at him; however, the others that stood around him he had no idea what they could do. And of course he did not wish to anger the Empress by killing off a few of her subordinates on a Mission that she knew nothing about. Troops were expendable as they always were, Lord Depravious had respect and love for them doing their jobs, but knew that should he lose a few of them the Empress wouldn't take as harshly to such an event.

"The reason we are here is for of course.. The Empire.. The Empire wishes to hopefully one day expand its influence to Ruusan, and of course the rest of the galaxy; however, there is something here that is a bit of an annoyance to our people. Which is the Valley of the Jedi; also known as the most powerful Lightsided Nexus of the force in the galaxy." As he spoke, Lord Depravious glided his hand over his helmet slowly caressing it whilst picking it up from the table that rest near his hip line. "We are here to corrupt that Aura.. I also suspect resistance from the Jedi, even though they have no control over this planet, they have more power on the planet because of the Nexus.. They will not give it up easily.." Lord Depravious' voice became progressively colder as he spoke, "For those of you that love fighting, here is your chance. For those of you that love corrupting, here is your chance." It was time to dominate this planet and regain some of his power back from when he had lost it.

"Sanctuary you are to, when the fighting starts, keep a battle meditation up. Even though i'm sure we can overpower these Jedi without it, the Force Nexus on this planet will make them stronger. Thus, we will have something to strengthen us as well.." Lord Depravious slid his helmet onto his head flawlessly as he began to peer through it to everyone of the Sith who had answered his call for loyalty. This is what he respected and honored in the Sith Empire, those who were loyal to their family and those who were willing to answer to such a call not only for their own gain but for the gain of their people. There was a pride and an honor in that alone.

Lord Depravious once more spoke with his cold tone, "The rest of you shall be on the front lines repectively with me. I understand that some of you are better at Sorcery than you are at lightsaber combat.. That's fine.. In battle you must make adjustments, you must also adhere to your own strengths and or weakness' to turn them into strengths. Remember, the Sith are an ever moving people.. If we stop moving, if we stop progressing we die and go extinct as a people.. Make that progress for our people today make that progress for yourself and bring honor to your name and pride to the Sith Empire." With that Lord Depravious flicked his wrist and the force caused the ramps of the ship to open as he began to step down them one by one.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
After an exhausting mission on Cato Nemoida, Jaxton was happy to be given some time for R&R. He invited another member of his strike Force, a young knight by the name of Seroth, to come back with him to Corellia, to see the sites, come to a game, stay at his place, and surprisingly enough the man accepted. So, here they were, in the middle of a Grav-Ball arena, watching his old team play the Onderon Drexyl. It was the first round of the playoffs, so tensions were high. There were about 3 minutes left in the game, and the Rogues were down by three. Jaxton was on the edge of his seat, a few mere feet from the arena as his friends had hooked him and Seroth up with some awesome tickets.

There was a pass left, right, three point shot, brick. Drexyl had the ball. Jaxton grimaced as his old team missed a shot he would made. He had been doing a little of that all right, but the lack of time left on the clock only amplified his emotions. He watched as time ticked away, 2:45, 2:30, 2:15. Jaxton begun concentrating, focusing on his battle meditation. The Rogues ended up with a steal. 2 minutes, 1:35, 1:20, shot, hit, 2 points, Rogues down by one. Rogues try to defend, but the Drexyl suck up the clock. Jaxton concentrated harder, the Rogues ened up with another steal and throw up a three shot just before time expires. The buzzer rings and on the back end the shot lands perfectly. The arena goes crazy, the players start hi-fiving and hugging, the the Onderon team has a sullen look on their face.

"Wasn't that exciting?" Jaxton said to @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"], and stood and made his way to the arena. A guard stopped him for a second, then looked at his face and let him back. Not everyone on Corellia was happy with his decision, but they all respected him, and he was treated well. The team greeted him with enthusiasm, hand-shakes were bypassed and turned into embraces.

"The great Jedi Ravos comes to see little old us. How're you dong you son a gun?" Kalin Pike, an Epicanthix asked him as he looked at Jaxton. In the Jedi Temple jaxton was a monster, one of the biggest men there, but next to all of the other athletes he looked normal, maybe even short.

"I'm doing great. Been missing this place though." Jaxton said with a tone of nostalgia. "This a friend of mine Seroth. He's a Knight like I am, and I thought I'd bring him by." Jaxton said and introduced old friends to new. He hoped the height differentials wouldn't matter much to Seroth, and he hoped the fact that he brought a Jedi back wouldn't matter to his old teammates, but he didn't stress it. It was bound to happen eventually.

"Well why don't we all meet up in the Gym and we can see if you still got it? You can bring Seroth and we'll see if a Jedi can hang with us." The Epicanthix said to him, full of energy even after the tough game. Jaxton thought for a bit and knew he'd be a bit rusty, but he'd have a bunch of fun. Seroth on the other hand thought might not . . . .

"Well, you game?" Jaxton said to @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"].

It was bright. Too bright. The flame of the light-side burned white hot on Ruusan. The sensation of the heat of the flame, sent shivers down Val’Ryss’ spine. She hissed lowly at the light. But at the same time she was excited, so much to study, to examine…to dissect and corrupt. Indeed, even the slightest imprint on this planet, this nexus of the force would be a useful advantage to the Sith, and to Val’Ryss herself. Ruusan was much like Tython, a center of the force, one that needed to keep balance or powerful force storms would shake its core. Val’Ryss would apply the imbalance, of course the galaxy needed balance- where there is light there must be darkness- Val’Ryss chuckled to herself. Stepping out she came across the world, great forests that stretched into the horizon and deep fissures that pierced the earth and the skies with its peaks. The light from the skies reflected off of her black corrupted armor.

She listened to Depravious’ words and nodded. She hissed her words of agreement, “This world is connected to the light-side of the force, but they do not emerge from nowhere. The force pools in great nodes of force. There must be centers of the force here, temples, and tombs. The valleys run deep with relics. Forgotten by the Jedi and ours to corrupt.” A dark hiss slithered from her lips, “It will take work, but this one shall lend her powers so that the Empire can have this place as its own weapon against the Jedi.” Finishing her speech she turned and closed her eyes. The force was bright hot and it burned. But Val’Ryss’ darkness was of a deviously cold nature. It would survive. Like a black serpent it slithered across the terrain and searched for pools of light to devour.

“Hiss, hiss, hiss” Val’Ryss snickered between her teeth. “What feast we shall have.” She turned to the other Sith Knights who had accompanied Depravious on this mission.

"I have found one~" A dark grin announced.

If he could take away from the thumping display of athleticism in the zoneball court, it was that, at least by Corellian rules, GravBall teams played fast and fiercely for a win. Jaxton's offer for a fast getaway to Corellia's golden beaches and heavily temperate climbs forced him to postpone his own set of plans. He'd had in possession a ticket for passage to Kashyyyk, eager to climb down to the bleak depths of the dreaded underdark forest and test his limits against odds that even Wookies were worried to handle. The boy almost declined; he had in hand his rucksack and provisions for the brief sojourn. Brief, because every hour was a chance for Adamant Company to be called into action. ...But he slipped the ticket up his sleeve and disposed of it in a trash-bin on their way to Coruscant's vast, public shipping bays.

They made transit along the Corellian Way, a cheap transport yaught hooked in amidst a larger merchant fleet. Seating was at a premium and the two Jedi Knights spent the majority of the flight sitting against an unsoiled portion of floor and bulkhead. The boy just flashed his easy smiles and sat back, imagining the snows on Dregan's Pike and the trade splendor of Coronet City. When Jax asked after his excited demeanor, so glaringly obvious through his emotional fabric in the Force, Seroth just shrugged. He couldn't remember the last time he was in Hyperspace transit that wasn't carrying him to a new battlefield.

Of course, as the youth had anticipated following their stayover in a quiet hotel Jax had procured through some heretofore unmentioned contacts, they were soon arranged to attend a contested Grav-Ball match starring the Corellian Rogues and the Onderon Drexyl's. The air of high competition was infectious. Seroth sagged forward on his seat edge during the exchange, eyes glazed over, checking the angles, measuring tactics, a cool dispassion enabling his analysis to stay unclouded. The Drexyl had a lead and an edge and seemed poised for a close victory. ...But then, feeling the throb of Jax's mental ability, he observed the Rogues bounce back with a clenching score as the timer buzzed out. The boy could only shake his head, bathed in the sheer glare of the gymnasium-arena's industrial glow-lamps, rising with the Zeltron as both celebration and incredulity erupted in the stands.

First playoff match: Rogues.

Then came the meet and greet. The Jedi vaulted from their high-stands, across a guard rail to a briefly emptied spot in the milling post-game crowd, sidling down to the arena floor. The Drexyl's were all walking with leaden weights upon their shoulders, spitting curses beneath their breath while their coach and team owner held a few quiet words. Seroth observed them a moment; sports was often a grand ticket to being seen on the center stage by billions and showered with hefty endorsements. But, as he knew, competition was fickle and only rewarded one outcome. There was no shame in losing a close match: a sentiment the Drexyl's didn't share. One player, a broad chested Nikto, had to be bustled out by his teammates as he made steps to confront the celebrating rogues. Seroth eyed his swelled, muscular frame... the Jedi's eyes tickled with a bloody throb as he focussed his vision. The Force swept his gaze close to the Nikto's vein-crawled forearms; hints of trackmarks drew up almost to his bicep and shoulder. What some wouldn't do for an assured win.

"Well, you game?"

"Hmmn?" Seroth glanced back up to Jax. The Rogues were standing easy on their heels, bouncing with giddy energy following their tough win. Forced to pan his neck back to see up into the broad, sweaty faces, the human had never before been so reminded of his diminutive stature. 5'11 was nothing compared to 7'1 and in the case of one hulking Whipid, 9'7. Each player was knitted with tight sculpts of impeccable muscle, smelling sourly of sweat and Corelaid drink, looking down on this strange boy with grey eyes and a compact physicality. One of them, an impossibly large Kiffar, smirked in professional contempt. ...The Knight surmised Jaxton had just signed them up for a fun post-game catch up.

"...I suppose I am," Seroth nodded, flashing @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] that easy smile while his gray eyes stormed.

Dantooine

In moments like these, he just felt through the Force for the one thing he needed to feel.

Her heartbeat.

The breeze was rather chilly for this time of the year, thankfully there was no rain on this night. Though the fields around the simple plantation could use them during this time of year. From what he had seen during their fly-over before landing was that the surrounding farmers would be in dire straights this year, it wouldn't be a good harvest. Such is the cycle of things, not every year is a good year. His father's voice was the one who said the thought in his mind, and it was another reminder of where he was. Another reminder of the life before everything had changed, and a reminder of who he once used to be. Though mixed in it now, were reminders of the past, and they were rather heavy ones. If the Jedi Temples on Coruscant and on Tython were monuments to his successes.

Then his parents home on Dantooine was the monument of his failures.

Daniel Wraith, Maria Wraith, Jaden Wraith, Rolf Sergeo, and last but not least Jason Wraith. Each name held more meaning than any person in the galaxy could, and the moment that he had failed each was bright on his mind. He could see the look of acceptance on his father's face as Jaden murdered him. Maria, his mother had cried while begging for Darron's life, and even now he could feel her hot tears on him from that moment. The look of pure shock and terror on Jaden's face was firmly imprinted on Darron's mind as he remembered how he had defeated and murdered his Sith Lord brother. Rolf's pleas for the Jedi to leave him as he fended off the opposition on that world, it burned him still. Though the one that hurt him the most was the last name among the aged tombstones before him. Another moment passed as he listened to Rosa's heartbeat as a few tears fell down his face, then he looked it over to read the name again.

Jason Wraith.

Those two words didn't do the boy justice, or the effect he had had on the man standing over his stone. There was no mention of his laugh, how his smile could light up Darron's heart. How the boy had managed to get all of his best qualities and that of his mothers, who had had very few. Those were different times though, and at the time his mother was what I wanted. Darron quickly pushed out the memory of Jason's mother as he simply reminisced about the boy who had changed everything. Had he not been murdered to torture the Jedi Master, what would have happened? Would I have been frozen for twenty years? Would I be the GrandMaster of the Order, or would I have gone down a much darker path? Would Jason have taken my place?

There were millions of questions and what-if scenarios, as there always were when six year old children died senselessly.

Taking a knee over the stone, Darron kissed it as if he would have kissed Jason's forehead before standing up. "I love you, and I miss you son." Looking over the other stones he continued. "Thank you for all of you making me who I am, and for what you did in my life. I failed all of you, but I hope to learn from those mistakes and do better. Rest in peace...all of you." Another tear went down his face, and a shiver went up his spine as he pulled the robe over his nude torso to protect from the chill. You could stay here forever Darron, you could mourn them and wallow in your grief and do nothing. You could give in to the thoughts that haunt you in your weakest hours during the night when you are alone.

No, I am a Jedi.

A sigh escaped his lips at the thought, and he let acceptance roll over him in waves. Yes, he was a Jedi, and the tears stopped at remembered what he was. The only way to honor those who had fallen for him, was to live in their memory. To do the good that they had so desperately believed he was capable of, to be the man they had raised, befriended, and loved. In the case of his brother Jaden, it was on what not to become, and on how to forgive those who wronged you. Each one had taught him a lesson, and each had showed him how to be the man he was. So as the wind whipped around him, and tossed his golden locks around, the Jedi Master walked back to the homestead and followed the path to the heartbeat he had been feeling in the Force.

A few moments later, the robe was on the floor of the bedroom in the simple home. Blue eyes looked to the chrono-meter, and he saw that the hour was late, but he didn't care. Dressed in nothing but some shorts, he got back in bed to enjoy the rest and relaxation he had been sent here for. After all, there had been the taking over the Order, dealing with Omni, forming Adamant Company, and numerous other things. This was simply time for he and Rosa to enjoy each other. Rosa, thank you for being the love of my life...and thank you for loving me as I am. The thought was simple, but it was the deepest of truths. Something he held fast to as he pulled the covers up and pulled her sleeping form close to his massive, chiseled frame. A quick kiss on her forehead was all he wanted of her, and he pulled her in as close as possible and simply laid there. He wasn't restless, or sad...he was just content.

Blue eyes looked to the robes in the closet, the ones that had a container with a special item he had purchased for his love. Not yet Wraith, you can do it in the morning. A barely audible whisper escaped his lips as he thought Rosa was asleep.

"I could stay here forever, and just lay here with you. You are my everything, and I thank you.."

@[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

The others all viewed this remote, nearly untouched world as though it were a Nexus of Light Side energy, a testament to the hundreds of Jedi who had fallen here in their great war against the Sith, now nearly two thousand years ago. Tirdarius had to disagree: though he could sense light here, there was darkness also, perhaps even stronger, but more subtle, as though cloaked in the shadows he so often associated with the Dark Side. This world has seen more death and agony than many, and the presence of so many of our kind has forever tainted Ruusan. That their souls had been held in thrall by the use of the Thought Bomb that had ended the Seventh Battle of Ruusan, and the New Sith Wars along with it.

Even so, there was a very strong Light Side presence here, and Tirdarius could feel the interference that caused in his ability to touch the Force - only a slight disruption, the way that static sometimes prevented you from hearing a full conversation on the Holonet, a handful of words in each sentence distorted, though it was clear enough that sound was coming through. Such was the way the Force would feel for any Sith on Ruusan: there in immeasurably large amounts, but tainted, disrupted in a way that was probably more noticeable to those less-experienced among the ranks, those who could not effectively compensate for the distortion.

We should not be here, the Sith Lord felt, sighing softly as he stepped down from the boarding ramp of the ship they had used to travel to this system. He felt perturbed by this place, the strangeness of it eating away at his inner calm, like a worm slowly gnawing it's way through a giant apple. If Palpatine had any sense when he had ruled the Empire centuries ago, he'd have used the destructive capabilities of those ridiculous superweapons of his and turned this planet into a pile of rocks. It would be the only way to truly expunge the corruption of this world. Still, now we come to cleanse it of that Light Side taint and allow the true Force to rule here.

He watched as the Sith Lord Depravious gave his instructions to those Sith troopers that had been brought to provide support for the main contingent, constituted by those Force users granted the honour of being called Sith. Many of whom may perish here, if the Jedi understand what we mean to do, and send forces to stop us. Depravious had obviously anticipated that such a thing would happen, and thus he had brought a strike force capable both of spreading forth the Dark on this world, but that might also help to extinguish the Light by killing those who believed themselves guided by it. Nonetheless, Tirdarius had his doubts that they would bother - Ruusan was a monument more than anything else. Little of value here, if you discount the Valley of the Jedi.

"I have always wanted to set foot upon this world, planet of one of the greatest follies of our Order," he remarked softly as he surveyed Ruusan's surface for the first time, noting the fullness of the life that had sprouted into bloom in the thousands of years since that fatal last battle had silenced all the Force-Sensitive voices upon it. We may have the Yuuzhan Vong to thank for that, since they occupied it during their foolish war, he thought, wondering how many of the plants were truly native to the world. "I've often wondered how differently things might have turned out had the Sith of that time done their duty and focused on serving the Empire rather than their own ends," Tirdarius observed, his voice carrying a good deal of contempt for that foolishness.

Those Sith records that had survived the cataclysm here, most of them created by Darth Bane and his apprentice Zannah had spoken of the Thought Bomb in detail: an ancient Sith technique that would catastrophically destroy the Force energies of every Sensitive in range and then imprison them, designed as a weapon to be used to usher in the final end of the Jedi. Instead it destroyed the very Order that had created the ritual and had the hubris to use it. That had been the way of the Sith for millenia: focusing on destroying the Jedi instead of looking at the larger picture. The Jedi were merely an obstacle, nothing more.

"Are you certain that they will come once we begin our work here?", the Sith Lord asked, directing his question towards Depravious. Certainly the Jedi would sense the disruption, but whether they would read anything into it remained to be seen. "We know that they will feel our corruption of this world, but surely they will sense a trap in that? They will be certain that we would not act so blatantly unless we were confident of success." He shrugged slightly with a ripple of the dark robes he wore around him. "Their timidity might well override any outrage they might feel at our 'desecration' of their holy ground," he concluded, raising a dark eyebrow questioningly, wondering whether Depravious could truly draw the Jedi here.

If he does, and we are successful in baiting this trap, we may yet severely deplete the Jedi's ability to resist our move on the Republic, he thought, wondering if the tide might truly turn here. Then again, perhaps our ancient brethren believed much the same before they set out on the path that led to their own destruction...

As Lord Depravious walked completely off the ship and surveyed the landscape for a moment he knelt before the land. Holding his hand down to the grass feeling the softness of it. The feeling extended through his nerve endings all the way to his mind where he felt the pleasure of the soft grass. Coming to a full stand he turned his head over to Tirdarius for a moment, a slightly arrogant grin took over his face before answering the questions of Tirdarius. "In either instance if they come or they do not, should we be able to taint the extreme Nexus of the Valley of the Jedi here it will prove useful to us in the wars to come. The Empire can siphon from it, the Dark Council and siphon from it, and destroy the Jedi Council."

Lord Depravious knew that in apocalyptic plight Ruusan would unfold and show its darker side. The unfortunate series of events that lead to the thought bomb of Kaan was disgusting to Lord Depravious as well, and if we were not careful the indulgence of our appetites would betray us all. Lord Depravious once again though became cold as he began to speak to Tirdarius once more, "from what I have studied of Jedi GrandMaster @[member="Darron Wraith"], should he sense our presence here.. He will come.. He thirsts for glory.." Depravious looked further into the distance, his gaze peering off into the distance as if in deep thought. "Our troops will ravage this world, that I am sure of.. Allow us to boon their presence when they come." He spoke to the man once more in his cold saddened tone.

Lord Depravious stepped forwards once more looking out from under the shadow of the ship they had previously landed in. The grass was still bent over from the compulsion downwards from the ship; however, he watched onward as the wind blew at the grass ever so silently in the day. When Depravious stopped speaking the silence was almost deafening other than the wind that occasionally blew into a persons ears. "Val'Ryss is correct," he began to speak once more, his cold tone returning - it was as if the tone itself would chill the air around them as he spoke - "If the Jedi have truly forgotten of this world then it is merely a weapon for us to use against them, and if Darron Wraith should show his face here, and fall before us.. The Jedi Order will be greatly weakened in the war to come." Darron Wraith would obviously not show alone if he did at all.. He knew that, as well as Tirdarius knew it. Our appetites for glory and destruction can not get in the way of our respect and our honor. We must bring new order to the Empire.. Depravious silently though to himself, all those years my brothers and sisters suffered because of the lust of another man they had at one time called god, should someone attempt to play that here they will be struck down.

"Lord Tirdarius, should our wishes come true and Darron Wraith show his face here leave him to me. I wish for you if at all possible to continue to attempt to corrupt the Nexus of this planet.. Shake it to its core with bogan force.. Make sure everyone in the galaxy can feel what has happened when that ever so familiar chill runs up their backs." Depravious now directly turned to Tirdarius speaking to him. His gaze narrowed upon the man as he began to examine his frame and his stature. He did not judge the man for anything, he simply believed Tirdarius was in better condition to expend that amount of force than himself at this time. Nonetheless, to combat the overwhelming Force Nexus that had begun to slowly scratch at the insides of his soul, Lord Depravious began to expand his own force aura. He slowly flicked his wrist outwards to the side of himself, the force now manifesting itself around his body in a darksided cocoon to protect him from the taint of the lightside that resonated upon this planet. The force of his aura expanded out to all of those within the company before encasing him in it. Even though it could not technically be seen by anybody save Tirdarius in the group, the bogan side of the force swelled around the groups senses.

Lord Depravious began to turn his head looking to all that resided within the group and then looked over to Val'Ryss. His plight-full gaze narrowing down upon her, whilst the coldness of the force swept over her senses he began to speak, "You are also to help Lord Tirdarius m'lady, no matter the circumstance always be attempting to corrupt the Nexus. That is our number one goal. Should the Jedi show up, me and the others will handle them hopefully, only disengage the nexus should you be forcefully engaged in combat."

The group walked the path of their ancestors, a path that once lead to the destruction of an order that was forged thousands of years before. This was different, more calculated.. A coldness resided over the group, the leaders of the group despised what Kaan and the brotherhood did. The intents of this mission was not to merely corrupt a nexus for the glory to say that, LORD TIRDARIUS or LORD DEPRAVIOUS was able to corrupt the largest nexus of lightside in the galaxy.. No.. This was for a greater cause, a cause that united them all on one journey. For something greater than themselves, the legacy of the Sith Empire that would reign for thousands of years.

Rosa Gunn

R
Dantooine
@[member="Darron Wraith"]

Rosa had woken the moment she felt his warmth leave the bed and for a brief moment, she considered following him. There were, however, times that Darron needed to be alone and after a few moments of feeling his emotions rolling from him, she knew that this was one of those times. Let him grieve, he has lost so much, he deserves some time to show his pain for what he's lost. If there was anywhere safe to do so it was here.

Their time at this house had been like a dream, one that she believed to be so far fetched and unrealistic, but it was happening. There was no duty, no ties to their positions in the order. Just her and Darron, two people so madly in love that it didn't matter that the rest of the galaxy was in chaos. They had each other, they had their love and that was all they needed. In the quiet moments, she found herself imagining a married life with him, and the patter of small feet between them.

A dream within a dream. A life they couldn't possibly have.

The dream came to her as she lay her eyes closed, waiting for her love to re-join her. She found that when he finally come back to her the light kiss on her forehead stirred her back from sleep, smiling in the darkness she moved closer to him as he pulled her, turning on her side and shuffling down to rest her head upon his chest, a sigh of joy escaping her. her eyes fluttered open as he whispered to her in the darkness and she twisted her head to kiss his chest where she lay.

"I was thinking that myself." she replied softly "That I could stay here with you until the end of time." Lifting her head she moved again, propping herself up on her elbows next to him. "I used to scoff at people who claimed they had met someone who had completed them. I couldn't understand how someone who was a whole person could be completed by another. Now..." she chuckled "Now I understand. You complete me, Darron Wraith and I love you."

Tython

While everyone else was off doing their own things, Ben was still going just as hard as he always did, no rest for the weary. Walking around the temple, Ben felt at home here, he did not need breaks or relaxation time. Sure, it was nice, but this was what Ben considered a break. Being at his home was what comforted him and being around other Jedi soothed him. For so long he had been by himself searching for other Jedi, now that the temple was full, he enjoyed all of their presences around him. He never wanted it to go away like it had once before. He knew, first hand, just what it was like to have everyone he held dear taken away from him and he never wished to experience it again.

After a bit of training with A'donnari, Ben did the normal rounds around the Temple, with Darron off planet Ben was the one who did all the fun stuff. Checking up on Padawans, making sure training was going right, answering any and all questions, his day was full of activities. His mind did have a chance to wonder, though, as he pondered their last mission on Cato, his newest Padawan, the Senate situation, and Sky. His new team members were slowly becoming good friends of his. All three men were valuable to him, he trusted them, and he knew they would accomplish good if they were given the chance to. He had been invited to Corellia with Jaxton and Seroth, but he had turned down the chance, there was just too much to do and the Jedi could not afford to have both Darron and Ben on other planets.

A'donnari was coming along nicely, his training was going smoothly, and A'donnari was improving greatly. When they had first met, he was filled with doubt and many questions, but he was coming along now. He would make for a great Jedi one day, all he needed was a push in the right direction, and Ben believed he was giving him one. He also thought about Sky and their little meeting, how she had reacted, and he wondered if things were changing at all. He sensed darkness in her, great darkness, and he wondered if he would be good enough to bring out the light. She seemed to somewhat trust him now, which was a big step, but he was nowhere near where he wanted things to be. Juggling two Jedi who were struggling with the darkside was something of a task, but not a task he wished to stray away from.

Deciding to take a break, he headed to his office, and once inside he plopped down in his chair and let out a loud sigh. Reaching for his holopad he went over a few things that had been brought up. Number one being the recent Sith Empress visit. What a strange phenomenon that had been. It was the first time he had seen the Empress and he doubted it would be the last. He hoped for peace throughout the entire event but his meeting with the Senator had not put his mind at ease. He despised Jedi, and Ben could not figure out why, but he guessed it was to be expected. People feared what they did not understand. His thoughts were distracted, though, as he looked over his holopad. A report of dark side energy on Ruusan took him out of his thoughts, what could this be? Sitting up in his chair, he read over the reports slowly, wondering if all of their vacations were going to be cut short.

Dantooine

Beep, beep....

The muffled sound was barely audible, impossibly so due to his senses being elsewhere at the moment.

Instead the sensation of having the love of his life pressed against his flesh, and having her's touch his was at the forefront of his mind. The grief that had plagued him earlier was gone, as it should be with all Jedi. What the mind couldn't accept, the Force could. A simple exhale, a release, of all those attachments emptied the cup. Allowing the Force to flow in and fix all that had previously ailed him, and allowed the pain to simply evaporate away. It was one of the first lesson's any Jedi learned, but mastering it was another beat in and of itself. Thankfully, after years of failing in that discipline of the Force, the Jedi Master had finally acquired the skill. Although, learning that lesson repeatedly, the hard way, was not desirable. Two decades spent frozen in carbonite, with his mind active, had only allowed him the time necessary to accept what had happened. I guess I should thank you for all that you did Je'gan, even if I missed so much during that time period.

Mind on the present Darron...

The gentle reminder was all he needed as he pulled Rosa in close, and softly kissed the top of her heard. The smell of her locks flooded his nose, and he made sure to imprint this on his mind. Just another subtle reminder of all that she was to him. From the way her eyes would catch his in a meeting, to her touch when she would try and sneak upon him. Her lips when they would pout at a joke he made, or the sway of her hips as she walked. The smell of her hair was just another part of what all made up Rosa Mazhar to him. It was all that she was, not just who she was, that he loved. Yes, he could go on for days about her personality, her purity of spirit, or her dedication to the Order. No, on this night he simply was enjoying adding something else to his memory banks now that the grieving was over.

Face still buried in her hair, he whispered to her in the confines of the simple bedroom. "You are definitely my better half Rosa Mazhar. If there was any selfish reason I can be grateful I was frozen. It wouldn't be my promotion to GrandMaster, it would be meeting you. You bring out the best in me, and show me an ideal to aspire to. While also allowing me to love someone, and for loving me just the way that I am." Chiseled sinew wrapped around her taught flesh and he pulled her closer. "You see past all the titles, all the legends and stories. I hold you with the arms that many men fear, and the man you love is the leader of the Jedi. Yet you see me as just Darron. Just as I don't see a former politician, or amazing Jedi Knight. I see a reflection of my soul, my one true love...Rosa."

Another ripple in the back of his mind. This time it was something more than just the ghost of the past. What is that, he thought to himself. A quick extension of his field of responsibility allowed him to feel that they homestead was safe. Despite his hand closest to the dresser automatically beginning to extend to the electrum plated hilt. No, he was reading it wrong, it wasn't in the living Force that he was feeling this disturbance. Shifting his attentions to the unifying Force, he could feel the broad galactic currents, albeit weakly. It was a discipline he had taken up after his promotion, and one he had practiced as diligently as his saber play. Though there was still much to be learned on that subject, but the ripples were there. A message was trying to be sent, the Jedi Master just wasn't piecing it together.

I won't be getting a good vacation, a sigh escaped his lips as he began to get up.

"I'll be right back Rosa, stay there."

His heavily muscled frame rose, and the beeping that had been at the edges of his hearing began to grow louder as he approached the robes. The ones with the box he had been so adeptly hiding. The sounds of popping and cracking filled his ears as he knelt down and grabbed the garb and rose back up to his full two meters. The hand of durasteel quickly found the small communicator, and blue eyes looked it over to see what had been causing the offending noise. "Can this wait until the morning?" His whispered please was almost a wish, but in reality it was just him in denial. In a few moments he knew in the back of his mind he would receive a message he couldn't resist, and that caused his spirits to fall slightly.

Duty was paramount above all though.

Returning to his bed, he sat next to Rosa and just looked at her, disappointment on his face. "I don't know how much longer we will get to be here. It appears there is trouble on Russan. I can feel something is off, it's like a clawing feeling at the back of my mind. I have a bad feeling this reply I am about to get and what the Force is trying to tell me are linked...." Blue eyes met brown, and a silent apology was exchanged.

The light, I haven’t felt it in some time. It still has its hold on me – oh how I’ve missed you.

Sanctuary heard the Lord’s words to her, the mission was simple and she had come along at his request. The man had some strange aura around her and she could feel everything he felt. That though wasn’t any different form when she was around other people. There was just something more about him and she decided to remain near him to discover it. Her eyes remained closed as she continued to meditate through the trip and the rustling of the group. The woman needed to find a center, the darkness that resided inside of her stirred as the light grew stronger around them. The war between light and dark waged inside of her, her very heart at the epicenter threatening to fall to the darkness and being strengthened by the light. The feeling of everyone being near had disappeared and it became the time for her to be freed from the meditation. The woman slowly rose to her feet, the mask adorning her face.

“I understand, though I follow your orders it is by choice. I have other business here as well as what you desire of me.”

Fingers pressed against the mask, she had received a new one. The mask like the other was shrouded in sith magic providing a cover for her and the necklace she wore around her neck did the same as well. Black metal of the new mask pressed against her face, across the bridge of her nose and covering her eyes. Dark eye makeup filled the spaces around her eyes hiding her identity farther. She bowed slightly to the Lord as she finished her remark; she wanted to make sure he remembered that she worked under her own jurisdiction and the Empress’ as well. The dark council had no control over the first apprentice, nor would any other Sith besides the woman’s Mistress. Her head rose from the bow, a sign of volunteered respect to the Master. She left his presence, before she completely abandoned him for the moment her head turned to examine him. Again there was something about his dark eyes, it was then she remembered a poem – the warning she had received from Sirella Valkner when she met the woman. As she thought about that first meeting with the plant witch she could almost hear her words mention the colors of the eyes and their meaning in Spencer’s life. She had already found the blue eyes, those belonged to Ashin Varanin, the green belonged to the plant witch Sirella, was this Sith Lord the black eyes? The Dark Eyes seeking wisdom in purgatory. Once more Spencer touched the mask, remembering the giver and where her heart belonged.

Pulling at the dark cloak she removed it from her slender frame, stronger now from the training she had received from her father. The black tunic laced in the front with a single leather cord held her together. Tight black pants and knee high boots completed her transition from the gangly padawan she once was and into the woman she had become under Ashin’s influence. Blonde hair still bright, tied back into a pony tail.

Moving from the ship she heard the echoes of another, one that she had avoided up till now. Her skin crawled, the curse screaming towards its home searching to be free to return to the others. Spencer grasped her shoulders while her arms crossed in front of her body. The pain surged quickly, her eyes closing forcing her mind to take control of the infestation once again. It passed and she gritted her teeth looking towards the devil woman, making her way through the group. The echoes of Val’Ryss laughter danced along her mind. Breathing deeply, the dark Jedi regained her composure and moved from the ship following the rest. The light from the nexus filled her; it was as if she was home. The child born from the will of the Force from her father forcing the cells in her Mother’s womb to mix and progress creating a pair of twins. Spencer could feel her brother stronger here; she felt that he was safe despite the distance of separation. A place heavy in the force such as this, she could feel as if he was next to her. This feeling, something that she hadn’t felt in ages coursed through her body revitalizing her.

The power of the ancients…

The words mocked her in her own mind, her grandniece Ti’Cira. The woman demanded along with the rest of the clan for her banishment. Spencer shook her head there were bigger things happening especially if the Jedi showed up. Remembering the rumors of her bounty circulated her mind while she followed Val’Ryss and Depravious. She couldn’t become a problem for the group; if she did she knew she would be left to the animals.

“The Jedi will come…the Force feels it – the Nexus grows with the light.”

The Force child knew it; she felt the thin currents flowing from the Nexus crying out for the light-siders.

Jaxton Ravos

"Excellent." Jaxton exclaimed as Seroth agreed to follow Jaxton and his antics with the team. He followed his old squad to an all-too-familiar bus, which they loaded up and began flying off to the Rogues practice facility. The players began discussing who to pick on teams, and Jaxton specified he would be playing with Seroth.

"Wait a minute." Hh'unk, the team's 9'7 Whiphid began to say after Jaxton's specifications. "We don't even if you're still good anymore, and you're saying you're a package deal with the squirt?" he continued, drawing laughter from the other teammates. Jaxton didn't flinch however, just looking at the impossibly huge Whiphid.

"Tell you what then Hh'unk. You and I are captains. Losing team pays for dinner." Jaxton said the bus hushed for a moment. Amongst a normal group of friends paying for dinner was a bit expensive, but not extremely costly bet. On the Rogues however, most members were at least a foot taller than the average of their species, along with being well-defined and extremely active due to the games and workouts. Dinner for the entire team usually costed thousands of credits, and no one ever made that bet unless they were sure they would win . . . or sure the opponent would lose. It was a challenge Hh'unk couldn't ignore.

"Deal. You picked the kid, so I got ball first. I'll pick Pike to start." The whiphid stated, and the Epicanthix made his way to the side of the furry whiphid.

"Gev." Jaxton said, causing the Kiffar made his way to Jaxton.

"Gynt." The Whiphid stated and was joined by a nautolan.

"Sk'ar" Jaxton stated and Seroth and Gev were joined by a Kaleesh.

"Das." The Whiphid picked, selecting an Iktochi.

"Val." A huge Dashade came, the only player that could really match up the Hh'unk physically.

"And that leaves me Vhar." The Whiphid stated, and was joined by a 6'5 Noghri. As the smalled guy on the team, he was who Seroth would have to line up against. They had a moment before landing, in which the Kaleesh, Kiffar, and Dashade teammates tried to tell everything they could to try to catch him up to speed. As they landed and got out of the bus Jaxton put his hand on @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]'s shoulder and pointed to the Noghri.

"Watch him and do what he does. You'll be fine." Jaxton said before he put on some repulsor boots and got into the arena. The arena was a huge cube, 8 meters to a side, as per standard. The goals were five meters high, but it didn't matter. With smart use of the repulsor boots you could not only jump higher, but off of nearly any surface, including players. The Val and Hh'unk went to the center of the arena, ready to catch the automated jump ball, but Jaxton pushed the Dashade aside and opted to start the game himself. The ball shot up, and Jaxton and Hh'unk shot up from the ground, Jaxton using the Force and his Repulsor boots aided his jump to unnerving heights. Just barely beating the large Whiphid, he sent the ball into the hands of his team-mate and fellow Jedi Knight Seroth, then went out into position as he took the arena.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Listening to the discussion between Lord Depravious and Sanctuary, Val’Ryss had wandered off slightly down the path from the landed space-craft. The pools of light, lonely concentrated flames in nebulas of light beckoned her. She was getting hungry, in truth the dark-spirit was growing hungry. The faster I get to devour that light the better, the dark spirit growled. Val’Ryss stopped in her path and turned to speak to Sanctuary. “This one hopes they do arrive…” she released her words in serpentine fashion. “Can Sanctuary sense it? The…imbalance…hiss, hiss, hissss…too much light can burn the dark.” Half-way through the sentence she raised her black-gloved finger and pointed at Sanctuary. Val’Ryss held a sinister grin on her face, “And the girl is made of dark. We are doing the Jedi a service, by bringing balance to this place…hiss, hiss, hissss…balance indeed”

@[member="Lord Depravious"] (and the other Sith about)

Finishing her little playful jab at Sanctuary her dark hood moved away from them and gazed out into the valley below. Her finger moved with the body to now point at a narrow bend that meandered between the peaks that bordered the valley below. “There” Val’Ryss voice became low and ruthlessly serious, “This one can feel its heat, a bright flame…a pool of the force. Unguarded. And yet defiantly bright.” Val’Ryss’ finger curled back towards her hands palm and clenched into a fist. Val’Ryss is usually remembered as a creepily calm character but for some reason that slipped and a deep anger came out, one that was old and pure in its hatred. Another more black voice echoed between Dathomir woman’s. “This time…this time you will not be so victorious you cursed flame.” The dark voice howled. Val’Ryss lowered her fist and proceeded to stroll towards it. 8,000 years have I have been waiting for this moment. Festering, drifting and lingering in the purgatorial space between the living and the ether of the force. Waiting so that I may return to the scene of my first imprisonment. Now you cursed flame I shall have my vengeance. I SHALL FEAST ON YOUR EXISTENCE THIS TIME! THIS TIME I SHALL NOT BE DEVOURED BY YOU!~ The dark spirit raged on inside Val’Ryss’ mind. No doubt the other half of her spirit, which resided within Sanctuary, would hear the same rage as well.

Val’Ryss kept her pace and slowly, like a poison, the taint of her force signature bleed out from her. It melted with the environment and like a parasite began to dig into the ether of the planet. The light resisted, burning away the taint as it landed upon the surface. But Val’Ryss kept her poison stream open, her entire essence poured out; the nausea which force sensitive would feel would be palpable. It was like a corpse was walking before them, one that had not been permitted to decay fully for centuries. Its stench offended the force and enraged the light-side that gathered around her. Like a virus caught between anit-bodies, silently an invisible war was being played out between Val’Ryss’ ancient cursed taint and the light-side of the force. But, this time. Not like during the ancient clash they once already had during the Hundred Years of Darkness, the dark spirit of Val’Ryss Zankarr Dark Corrupter of the Jee’dai, would not be so easily burned.

Yes, Wraith will come. Of course he will. Tirdarius had known that from the very beginning - it wasn't in the Jedi Master's nature to stay out of the fight if there was one to be had. The Sith knew that about the man, and it was this very recklessness that Depravious was no doubt hoping to exploit. A trap indeed, just not the one they imagine. He hadn't factored in the point of Wraith being Grandmaster - it was obvious, but for some reason, he'd overlooked it. But when you add him into the equation, it's not possible that the Jedi won't come when we call.

For some reason, that was a rather reassuring thought. Although he had always felt that the battle between Sith and Jedi was a great deal of wasted effort for little practical gain, but still, it was clear that they weren't simply going to see reason and learn to recognise the futility in their belief that Force Users should serve purely through protection and a mandate of protectionism. In their thousands of years, they have never come to realise that their mastery will always be eclipsed by petty ambitions and political agendas. They allow themselves to be ruled by those who lack the strong moral code that might otherwise guide the Galaxy. It was quite exasperating at moments to watch their brethren flail about on the orders of lesser mundane beings.

That Depravious wished him to ignore the Jedi presence and concentrate on their objectives did not surprise Tirdarius in the slightest, but it would be at considerable risk to both of them: the Jedi would seek to stop the 'corruption' of this world, and they would no doubt have enough manpower to tax even a Master as strong as Depravious. The risks we take to further our vision... It was an admirable choice, even though it presented considerable danger for the man. His choice to make, though, Tirdarius noted. He would abide by that request: if the Sith were successful in cleansing this world of it's taint, it would shine as a true beacon in the darkness for all those who sought the rule of Empire. So shall it be.

"You say that light can burn away the dark," he said conversationally, turning his deep grey eyes towards the red woman that had often served as a member of his inner circle. "But light is that which casts the shadows: the brighter the light, the deeper the shadows. The Light believes itself good, and understands that it has power to push aside the darkness, and so it believes that the dark can never harm it," Tirdarius continued, his tone calm and completely relaxed, as if they were simply walking the cold halls of Korriban. "And so the light creates it's own darkness: complacency, arrogance, the belief in the true righteousness it possesses," the Sith Lord noted. "And so, as long as there is Light, so will there always be darkness. We do not come here to extinguish the light, but to teach it that the darkness it discounts exists most truly at it's core."

The darkness itself wrapped around them like a blanket, commanded thusly by Depravious, though Tirdarius was almost tempted to tell him to save his strength - for the moment, any expenditure of their Force energies would simply be a waste. Not that we're likely to run out - the energies here are perhaps stronger than anywhere else in the Galaxy. Were it not for the taint of Light that was carried along with it, the planet would have been truly the most intoxicating place in the Galaxy. Which is something we shall see to in due course.

In truth, that very energy calmed him to a considerable extent - he certainly felt less emotionally unstable, and from a man with very tightly-controlled emotions, that was quite the feat. His secret was that calm was as much a weapon as any other, and he knew he could switch to a different feeling at any time. He'd always enjoyed the clarity provided by a more objective state of mind, and this world felt very conducive to that - something he'd be sure to mention to the others, once they had claimed this planet as their own. Though perhaps that will change, once our ritual begins and the Light is disrupted and, finally, cleansed.

"We have not come to truly banish the Light - we could not, not without cleansing the entire world of life, and make it as barren and inhospitable as a world like Korriban, or Nam Chorios," he remarked, offering a little insight into the process they would soon undertake. "On a world such as this, the Force is concentrated, and so therefore is the emotional imprint upon that energy magnified," Tirdarius observed, noting how different it felt from the other Force Nexus' he had encountered before. "We are here to reverse that polarity, but the light will remain, as will the dark. Only their places are reversed: the Dark shall be dominant, and the Light there but subdued, overshadowed. That is our task here," he concluded.

The Noghri, Vhar, stood on his grav-boot toes, a thickened gray-meat slab that gnashed thin, lipless jowls down at the bitty Jedi. The boy was keenly aware of the male's astringent scent of unwashed skin-sweat, the creak in his concrete knees as he lightly bounced from foot to foot. It was an intimidation game worked between opposing players, to see who's nerve would slip first and showcase a weakness in their professionalism. The others along the line were far too busy attempting to make one another laugh while Hh'unk lined up against Jax. Vhar, however, was relishing the idea of making a Jedi Knight squirm. The lad appeared too young, lacking his Zeltron companions impressive physicality, to be marked as any sort of competent warrior, let alone competitive sportsman.

"Bar must be pretty low, for kids to make the cut these days," Vhar grunted, hulking his stony chest forward. "Think you can keep up with your friend, son?"

The play-ball snapped up from the court decking. Vhar's neck twisted about to snap a look to see if either captain Hh'unk or Jaxton would make the catch. The Zeltron out paced the Whiphid, soaring high... high... smashing his opened hand across the orange and black-lined skin. The ball hurtled down the defense line, arcing for a catch between the Noghri and Jedi. Yet, Vhar's wavered attention provided an apt, wily opportunity. The smaller human beat his toe-grips against the decking and shot around the Noghri's hip, catching the back of his stained uniform as handholds. Surprised by his opponents nimble initiative, Vhar was bowled over when Seroth's grav-boots crunched into his shoulder blades and shot him high.

Twisting at the waist, legs coiling in below, the Jedi carried both the ball and his diminutive stature to the ceiling, rebounding with a snap-jump that brought the teams rushing up court. Pike soared into his pathway, arms flailing to slap the ball from his gripping, as Gynt leaped from below and cracked his body in a hammer-check. To his credit, the youth held tightly to his prize. Yet Gynt's collision briefly forced the air from his lungs and spent him spinning side-long to impact with the barely cushioned flooring. Val was calling as he lumbered in, three-digit claw-hands outstretched for a hand off. The Knight rolled to his knees, ducking through Das' intercepting guard by somersaulting between his widened stance and passed to Val.

The contest for first point went on for a half-minute, barrel-chested, tree-bough limbed bodies juking up and down the squared arena walls. To his credit, the youth kept the pace set by the seasoned zone-circuit veterans, utilizing his reduced physical outline to outmanuever the defense nets set by Hh'unk and his opposing players. Seroth's physicality couldn't fairly compete in their brute games of shoulder checking, torpedoing off the flooring and angled to slam their padded helms into an unwary solar plexus. So when they came for him as Jax passed off the game-ball... he simply wasn't there. Hh'unk could only blink whilst watching this dark haired glaze whittled through his snatching arms. The Jedi sprinted in for a lay-up, Seroth bouncing the play-ball off the outside diamond rim, Jax following up with a catching crush-slam that punted them over for first score.

"Well, that was lucky," Seroth beamed @[member="Jaxton Ravos"], wiping grit from off his brow.

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton watched to see how Seroth would deal with his opposition. Vhar, as always, was acting a bit cocky, and missed some opportunities against his young Jedi friend, and Seroth took that to his advantage, and used the Noghri as a pedestal to jump from, before taking a brutal shoulder check from Gynt. Jaxton recoiled a bit from the sight, but the small human kept his hold and stuck to the ball. Val called out to Seroth and took a pass, Val shortly afterwards passing the ball to Jaxton. Jaxton dribbled, before being guarded by Pike.

"You've lost some Jaxton." Pike said, Jaxton merely laughed then closed his eyes, feeling the players through the Force. He felt the Kiffar lunge for the ball, but Jaxton brought it back and shot it around to Seroth from behind him. He felt Seroth drive towards the basket, Hh'unk leaving the basket to size him up, and leaped up towards the rim, catching the rebound and slamming it back to the rim.

"Well that was lucky." Seroth said to Jaxton as he came back to the ground. Jaxton laughed, and rubbed the young man on the head before starting to run back on defense.

"Luck has nothing to do with it." Jaxton said as he went to the other side of the court to defend Gynt. Watching the man's eyes and body he could determine how Vhar took the ball out and distributed it. Jaxton followed the Nautolan to the side of the arena, and fainted a step left, then popped back to the right as the ball landed in Gynt's hands, and Jaxton knocked it it out with a slap, then caught up to the ball and grabbed it, before throwing it down the court, hoping @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] had beaten the Noghri in transition.

Rosa Gunn

R
Darron’s words warmed Rosa’s heart as she snuggled closer to him, her wide smile hidden behind her hair. She ignored the feeling that crept into the back of her mind, a shift in the froce. Whatever it was would wait. It had to wait, she didn’t want any of this trip to be interupted. Given the choice, she would have left their comm links on the ship, if anyone needed them they could reach to them through the force, but she knew her love to well to know that he would never agree to such a thing. As much as he loved her, his duty would always come first. It was part of him, and she accepted that.

Despite this though, she let out a graon of frustration as he left her, burying her face in the pillow. All she wanted was a couple of days peace. A couple of days where she could enjoy Darron as Darron, not as the Grandmater with the full responsibility of the Order resting on his shoulders. Yes it was selfish that she wanted him all to herself, but it was only a few days surely the galaxy could give her that.

Sitting up, the short silk nightgown clinging to her slender from she sighed, acceptance settling on her, knowing what was going to come from Darron’s lips. She gave him a sad smile and sighed “I know. I feel it too. Galaxy just couldn’t be without you could it?” she joked, though there was and underlying tension behind those words. “You do what you have to do Darron. We’ll find time again.”

They had to find time again.

@[member="Darron Wraith"]

Scrambling through the halls, Ben made it to his room, holopad in hand. Looking over the reports one final time to make sure that it was worth giving him a call, if this was nothing but a fluke, Darron would punch Ben directly in his face for interrupting his time with Rosa. He hated to do it, but he had to, he grabbed the special comm that he had been given for emergencies to contact Darron. It was for emergencies only, but this was an emergency, he had to get ahold of him. Clicking it on, Ben made the call, hearing Darrons voice on the other end.

"We have a problem." That was all Ben needed to say for Darron to catch on that his vacation was over. Well, technically, Ben's was over too. Though it wasn't much of a vacation, it was better than going to Ruusan to figure out why darkside energy had been picking up lately. "Something is happening on Ruusan, unidentified dark side energy, it doesn't look good. The Republic wants us there as soon as possible, and by us, I mean all of Adamant."

( Short. Deal with it. )

The temple gates of the Jedi structure that housed one of the "pools of light" of the Nexus towered over the dark figure of Val'Ryss Zankarr. The dark spirit that was truley named Val'Ryss had all but taken over her dathomirian host. This was the ancient spirit that now spoke out against the light. Her serpent lips muttered dark words at the temple, "How long has it been flame? 7000? 8000? I have lost count. But, this time Ruusan shall be my ascension and not my fall." She moved into the temple and immediately the bastion of the light-side shuddered in repulsion. The force erupted at Val'Ryss its presence attempted to throw her out. Zankarr raised her hands and embraced the on-rush of force, it slammed into her palms forcing her feet to dig into the earth below. "Hiss, hiss hisss...how very aggressive for the force of peace-makers." Val'Ryss hissed in a taunt at the light. She slowly moved her feet. "BUT, THIS TIME YOUR LIGHT CANNOT BURN ME SO EASILY!" Her dark presence expanded and exploded into a invisible doom that repulsed the light-side. Her victory was momentary, as this was only the initial barrier. Val'Ryss knew all to well what was in store. For centuries earlier, she and her dark jedi brethren fought here. The Bogan Cult which she commanded and she herself were defeated on this very planet. It would become of the great defeats that saw the end of the Hundred Years of Darkness. It was here that her powers were stripped from here and here is where she intended to regain them. But to do so, she knew she had to fight the very light-side itself.

Travelling deeper into the temple she paused to speak to the Sith that had been following her. Turning her golden eyes to gaze at her sisters and brothers of darkness, she spoke in a dark tone, "I have been to this place before. Keep the darkness close to you. The light shall try and burn it from you...." stopping she turned her head back, "I am not the dathomiri you know, I am the ancient spirit reborn in her. And this was the scene of my 'first' death." Finishing she pressed on down the corridor, until she came across a large cathedral like chamber who's ceiling was upheld by statues of pious Jedi Master figures bowing their heads. At the far end the floor gave way to a narrow bridge that stretched out from the main floor to a colossul monolith and their rested on top of it a giant orb that glowed the power of a hundred suns. The reflection of the gentle yet powerful orb rested in her dark pupils, a sinister smirk came across her face.

"Finally...I have returned. Finally, I shall have my vengeance...Finally I can rid myself of your rip Rek'Suk Zankarr"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom