Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Concrete Jungle

Um9wLtZ.png

UWdIAEr.jpeg

Jonyna didn't often wander the Coruscant Lower Levels. But her job as a Jedi shadow made it so that she needed to occasionally. There had been reports of a miscreant causing trouble within the underground. Perched atop a roof, Jonyna looked down on an alleyway, waiting for the commotion to start. Tracking your prey was easy. Now came the hard part...

Tag: Kivah Kivah

Coruscant had been fun, the lower levels naturally called to Kivah's wild blood for the lack of restraint they promised compared to the stuffy and expensive upper towers that faced the sun. In the quasi-perpetual twilight of the lower city time seemed stuck forever between late evening and deepest night in the city that never slept. But now the stream of parties and clubs had turned dull, it was time to move on she figured as she kicked her way through the trash blowing through the streets. Problem was she was broke, or near it. Of course she could just take the money, or make friends with a pilot or two. A bodyguard gig might work too, but then people hired expensive short-term because they expected to need them. She grinned as the thought occurred to her. Could be fun.

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

There she was.

And a familiar scent too. Another Denik? No, in Coruscant? They would be so far from home...

<Hey!> She called out in the native tongue of Catharese. <What you doin' in these trees, instead of the real ones?> Jonyna could feel it. A familiar scent, a familiar gate, the way the woman walked. It was almost nostalgic.

At the shout, Kivah spun and looked up to the nearby low rooftops. That had to be for her, she hadn't heard her native tongue since the shuttle ride away from Cathar. <I could ask you the same!> She shouted back, earning a few worried glances from passersby who didn't understand the shouting between the two women and were apprehensive of a fight. Kivah was too, she didn't like being ambushed like this and her fur was raising defensively. <Do you miss the trees so much you're climbing the rooftops?>
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

<Doing my job, looking for you.> Jonyna said simply. <You've never seen a jedi before?> She leapt down, standing only a few inches smaller than the rogue Cathar. <You're a long way from home, sister.>

Now Jonyna was getting in her personal space which might not have been unwelcome under other, more social situations. But now that she was up close and mentioned being a Jedi, Kivah recognized arguably the most famous living Denik. <So you've mentioned Jonyna Si, why hunt me? Or are you the only one allowed to climb down from the Tree and smell foreign lands?> Taken by surprise and not given any real answers while a Jedi claimed to be looking for her was starting to frustrate her.

Um9wLtZ.png

Things were getting a little tense. She took a step back, letting out a breath. <
No, but...we've gotten some reports you've been, causing trouble per say. Is that true? You look like you could use a place to stay, at least. Si Tech is always hiring.>

The jedi felt obligated to at least offer her sister a job, running around Coruscant with no money was an easy way to get stuck there.

Now she was offering pity while asking if she'd been a bad girl. <No.> Kivah said shoving her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket in case she began unconsciously flexing her claws. Jonyna had thrown her completely off balance, it was like she was being interrogated while being mothered and she didn't know how to react. <Who's we?>

Wait, the cops were on to her? What for? She hadn't even killed anyone! Phaw, rough up a few goons and they go off crying, some tough guys. Probably had the cops on their pay roll. Kivah eyed the hand before taking it for a single shake before letting go again. <Naw, I just like doing as I like. And maybe a little excitement.>

Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

<I could let you do that while getting paid. Si Tech could use some...let's call them, weapons testers. Look, I don't wanna see any of my sisters struggling in the underworld. I can bankroll you all you want if you just come and work with me. Whatever the cops have on you right now, I'll deal with that.>

Was she too nice? Probably. But she couldn't help it. Jonyna was a hero, through and through. Sometimes that meant stabbing sith, other times it meant offering a helping hand.

Jonyna's words were nice, credits and freedom. But while she knew of the jedi, she didn't know her and she didn't know Kivah. Not trusting too easy was a hard-learned lesson in the depths of Coruscant. Besides, "You're so eager to help me but you didn't care enough to ask me my name." The trust just wasn't there, and 'sisterhood' was a thin excuse to hang her future on.

<Sure sister.> She said shoving her hand down her jacket pocket again and turning to go with a flick of her tail. She was done here. <I'm not your sylop,> Kivah called back. Possible Jedi or no, she wasn't that desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom