Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Colo Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
anim_by_sttheo-davsr91.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Special Features:
Fold able wings.

Strengths:
  • Ordnance tailored for role
  • Highly maneuverable
  • Advanced tactical suite included AR display
  • Low sensor cross-section
Weaknesses:
  • Light weight frame susceptible to kinetic impacts
  • High maintenance
  • atmospherics mode restricts weapons use.
Description: made to be A signature fighter for the Merans. it is named after the Colo Claw fish
the Colo is made to Transform in to a atmospheric mode with 4 wings 2 large ones that sweep forward in atmosphere mode but removes bomb-let use.
it offers a small bunk behind the pilots chair for long range missions.
the Colo is intended to be used in a spinning move using its 2 smaller wings to fire in a helix fashion.
the center if the 2 larger wings hold missile launchers in atmospheric mode this is replaces with twin laser-canons on the nose.
this gives it an unpredictable nature.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Kami Meran"]

I like the concept here, but this needs some work.

28.9m with the wings extended seems a bit much. This is really a minor detail, but from folded to extended it looks around a 5x increase in span, to around 14.5m. That would also make it so the span with wings unfolded is about as long as the ship is while closed, which vibes a bit closer with the pic.

Armament wise you have way too many weapons listed. Based on what you have speed and maneuverability at, this appears to be something of an interceptor. To keep the 2/2 Spd/Man you're looking at around four guns total. Please refer to the A-Wing template here as an example.

If you intend to keep it, please hyperlink the VT-Particle Gatling and bear in mind that the weapon is significantly more powerful than a single laser cannon.

Finally, it seems based on your description that you want this ship to be modular, especially regarding its weapon loadout. If that's the case please make it clear. Additionally you mention bomblets in the description but there's no bomb bays in the armaments.

[member="Kami Meran"]

Your armaments are still out of whack given that this is a 2 Speed/2 Maneuverability fighter.

2 Ion Cannons
2 Laser Cannons
Heavy Laser Cannon (equivalent to 2)

That's six guns total, on a ship that can carry four at most. I recommend dropping either the 2 Laser Cannons OR the Heavy Laser Cannon.

Alternatively, reduce the production to minor.

Please also update your 'Special Features' section. I have absolutely no idea what 'X CROSS SECTION' means.

[member="Kami Meran"]

Sure I understand that, and I think it still does. The Heavy Laser Cannon under the cockpit plus twin ions on the wings. As far as Special Features go, it appears that the main function of the foils is to provide increased aerodynamics in atmosphere. That's covered well enough in your description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom