Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Collective [Faction Advertisement.]

The Collective

Who are we?

[SIZE=14.6667px]Formerly the Pentastar Alignment, The Collective was created with largely the same purpose in mind with there being key differences in its leadership, breakdown, and other areas which will be elaborated on.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]What is our purpose though?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]We are realists, what does this mean, though? It means that we are not the archetypical good guys like the Republic or the Jedi, while at the same time we are not the Archetypical evil doers like the Sith or many many empires. As such, this means that we have the opportunity to create something different and unique, a product of our own invention so to speak. With that in mind, we will operate in ways that do not bind us to the good or bad scale. Examples of such being humanitarian aid to military occupations and offenses. Both are likely reactions as long as the set up is believable and makes sense for the situation.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]But as the question comes across, what and who are we exactly?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]We are still that bastard child of the CIS and Imperial elements, taking the structures and benefits of both to strengthen the weaknesses of the others. For example, we have no sole leader, but no large federation of planets like the two before, instead we have a council of five.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]These are separated by their respective leaders and lower rungs.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Navy - Led by a Lord Admiral[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Army - Led by a High Marshall[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Force Sect - Led by a... (This is a WIP)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Government - Led by a Councilor[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Civil Sector - Led by an Overseer[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]Another point in our difference is the use of a Force Order, but not being a centralized one. What this means is that the Force Sect is more open than the Jedi or Sith are, allowing for a more neutral force order over all. But the biggest difference is that those in the force order are by no means restricted to be there and only there. The Republic had barred force sensitives from their Senate, and the Sith are ruled by their own force order. The Collective's order is less an order and more a collection of people who have trained in the force and wish to pass it on, they're having a leader only for administrative reasons.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]This means, that the Force Users can fill any role they want, be it part of the force sect only, or join the military or civil sectors. The choice is yours and there is no reason other than your own to restrict yourself.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]With those two main differences out of the way, let's move on.[/SIZE]​

What is our purpose?

[SIZE=14.6667px]To Reunite, Rebuild, and Secure. We are not an intergalactic force in the normal sense, as we have no reason to rule over the planets that we interact with (Most of the time). Our role is to reunite planets under their own government, to rebuild their culture and people so that they continue on and prosper, then secure that space and the many things that are required when it comes to the growth of the planets that stand with the Collective.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]This idea places a large precedent for a story as our primary concern, as a lot of times we ourselves will not personally own the planets we help.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=14.6667px](Unless you play a planetary leader... then obviously that's different.)[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]Instead, we will make pacts with planets, win over the support of their people, create realistic reasons for their being there with us and help us secure the space around them. This can be done through reinstitution of governments, the creation of buildings, cities, or centers of work for them, securing trade routes, freeing them from pirates, and many many other things.[/SIZE]​

Why should you join?

[SIZE=14.6667px]Besides being a bastard child of the Empire and the CIS?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]Well, the first reason is that we are new. Now I don’t mean new in the sense that we are just showing up today, which while true now, won’t be true for someone reading this a month or two from no, or even in future advertisements. Instead, when I say new I mean that our breakdown and structure are still in the development phase. I for my life could not create a faction that has solved every question, hell the force order isn’t even set in stone. [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]That is where you guys come in, where I ask you guys for your help when you join. This faction is not one like the First Order, or Galactic Alliance, or Silver Jedi who have everything already there in front of you. It will take your creativity and create something you were a part of making.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]The second reason is that we are not a canon group. While this hurts us in ways, it helps us in others. We can create tech completely our own instead of relying on motifs from the old like CIS designs or Imperial designs. It allows us to create a mixture of products and tech that might not otherwise fit in groups like the Techno Union/Empire or the First Order, as much as each has their own merit. [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]Of course, you can still bring designs to the faction, but in doing so it was of your own choice rather than the continuation of products that might otherwise be tiring to see or a common sight. [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lastly, the path of the faction is an open one. We are not an archetypical good or evil faction, nor one who sees conquest as one of their main facets. We are instead a group that focuses on realistic reactions and approaches to situations, where force is applied in a logical manner and te use of force is only when it is needed. [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]This creates what I hope will be a far more story based faction, much like a certain group in the southern points of the map. Story has always been an absolute enjoyment of mine, and while the map game is fun, bringing a bit more story to it would be exciting. This will mean expansion will be slower, but set up in other threads beforehand rather than rushed in a single 100 post thread.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=14.6667px]Please do ask any questions you have, I am happy to answer them. [/SIZE]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom