Intent: To create a setting for Darksiders of all stripes to meet, train, fight, have convocations and conventions, find masters and followers, and have a drink.
Development Thread: If requested
Manufacturer: Alderaan Royal Engineers, heavily modified by Iron Crown Productions
Model: Liberation-class Cruiser, a highly obsolete Republic ship of the line decommissioned during the Saelari administration
Affiliation: Independent (secretly Lords of the Fringe)
Material: As with the stock model, the hull is primarily durasteel, although the Coldharbor's bridge, main engineering station, reactor, and shield generators are all at least partially defended by turadium plating, and the transparisteel viewports have been replaced with glasteel.
Key modifications are as follows.
- Hangar capacity has been significantly increased and shifted from fighters to small transports. Rather than labor-intensive rearming and battlefield repair capability, the Coldharbor's hangars only have the basic refueling and repair capabilities of your average minor fringe world spaceport.
- The Coldharbor has almost zero combat capacity, retaining only a token number of anti-fighter weapons. In fact, the Coldharbor's combat functions have been gutted almost entirely, removing the ship's purpose and a good portion of its crew requirement.
- A well-armored open promenade dominates the ship's central axis. Coldharbor Street, as it's known, is home to houses of ill repute, bars, personal living quarters, and especially the kind of shop that one could never find elsewhere. Elite materials alchemists like Warren @[member="Valik"] have been known to meet contacts on the Coldharbor, as have biological alchemists like @[member="Rave Merrill"] and even the shadowy holocron-sellers of Great Leap Forward, Inc. Vendors hawk Dark Side relics, Eol Sha fireworm scale, and maps to ancient tombs or beskar deposits. Coldharbor Street occupies the space once filled by the original model's troop complement, reducing passenger capacity but also crew requirement.
- An expensive Bakuran HIMS unit permits the Coldharbor to escape from, for example, Republic traps.
- Interior security is accomplished through the promise of individual gain. Jeopardizing the Coldharbor is an excellent way to be killed by the many Darksiders and rogue Force users who may be in residence at any given time. Virtually every Darksider who learns of the Coldharbor's ports of call has more to gain from visiting than from causing a disturbance. To board the Coldharbor, however, is to become aware of the unrecognizable but significant power of the nameless, masked Dark Lord who rules and maintains the vessel.
- Major training facilities and practice rooms, including duelling chambers, take up a small but significant portion of the vessel. The largest of these rooms serve well for convocations of Darksiders, and are fully rigged with communications gear, sound systems, and so forth.
- In total, this is a professional Errant Venture-style conversion, which canonically reduced crew count by a factor of five. The Coldharbor is not, under any circumstances, a warship.
Classification: Capital/Mobile Starbase
Role: Mobile Praxeum
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar ionization reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1
Minimum Crew: 320
Optimal Crew: 580
- Mass driver flak battery (10)
- Quad laser (10)
- Tractor/pressor beam (4)
- Room for up to 20 small personal transports
- Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer
- Double-redundant shield generators
- Cap drain
- Training facilities
- Bacta tanks, minor surgical suite
- Entertainment providers
- Mechanic's shop
- Alchemical facilities
- False telesponders
- Universal Energy Cage x2
- HoloNet transceiver
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 tons
Consumables: 2 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 7