Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cold Night Air

Kiran Arlos

K
Slowly and steadily the cold air began to seep through the transport ship that was now downed and partially into the icy floor that was Ilum. What fire was started by the ship was now soon being diminished by the cold atmosphere of the planet. Steadily the young man began to waken from the unexpected slumber that followed after the wound to the side of his head. His eyelids slowly opened and within a few moments his hazy vision now became clear as he rolled to his side and leaned on his arm as he drew on the cold air, filling his nostrils. His free hand rose to the pained area on his head and as he withdrew he noted the blood that littered his fingers.

Kiran then sat up and as soon as he did he caught glimpse of another individual who was in the transport as well. the young man scrambled towards him, turning him over on his back to find him dead. Kiran let out a small sigh, as he glanced around and noted that the cockpit wasn't present, and he presumed it was destroyed or was now deep in the cold ground. Which also he assumed meant the pilots were now dead. Kiran's fingers moved towards the lifeless eyes of the deceased as he closed them. He took a deep breath as he stood up and glanced around again. He remembered that the pilots had sent out a alert beacon but he wasn't even sure if it reached anyone.

As Kiran's eyes lingered on the fire that was diminishing, he knew that he couldn't stay here. His rubbed his arms as a meaningless attempt to warm himself as the fire now died. With nothing but the light from the moon, he began his trek forward.

Knowing full well that if he didn't find some cover from the night air, he would be deal fairly soon.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

Iron Legion Ilum Patrol Unit

"The caves are clear Lord Praetor" the commander of the patrol reported as the group existed the entrance of the crystal caves. Théo only acknowledged him with a sharp nod. He was listening to the communications in the snow vehicle, a report of a downed ship somewhere in the ice fields. Leaning inside Théo punched up the co-ordinates re-routed the sensors to track the signal from an emergency beacon, the ship was not known to them but they would investigate. "Send word through to the Keep to have medical staff on alert and prepared for casualties", and no doubt body retrieval.

Today visibility was set at zero, the snow falling hard and would only increase as the day ended, weather reports strongly suggested a blizzard was on the way come the evening so they had to move fast if there was survivors in the ship. He just hoped they have sense enough to stay with the ship. "Commander, send the co-ordinates to Patrol B, we will need all the help we can get".

Théo had had enough of looking at the walls of the Keep, and decided to join the men on patrol. Up until this point the patrol had been uneventful and they were about to head back to the Pantheon for a shift change. Gathering all their equipment, the patrol boarded the snow vehicles and set out to find the crash site. In these conditions, it would take them a good part of an hour to get there.

[member="Kiran Arlos"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

Kiran Arlos

K
"Force, its so darn cold...." Kiran muttered under his breath as he continued the trek, which seemed to be a lot more slowly now. However he wondered if he just couldn't tell anymore because he was so cold, or if he was just moving slower. He felt it was the first one though, snow started to fall as he looked up towards the sky. Despite the tragedy of the situation, it was actually a nice night out tonight. Although this would be better with a fire, some music going perhaps, and some good company. Kiran coughed a little bit as he strained his eyes to see what was ahead, and it looked to be a cave of sorts.

"Well, perhaps that's my luck." Kiran muttered to himself as he trudged forward through the snow, his foot seemed to sink deeper and deeper into the earth as more snow covered the ground, which made it significantly harder to progress the length towards the cave. Pushing himself forward, his instinct to live and not become a snowman edging him forward and as he hit the entrance to the cave, he walked a few steps further and he collapsed finally within a few feet inside the cave. Kiran breathing heavy, his breath being seen by his own eyes. The temperature had indeed changed a few degrees he noted as it wasn't as cold inside as it was outside obviously.

Kiran closed his eyes as he felt himself slowly start to drift unconscious, his wound on his head playing a factor again indeed.

Setting down another volume that was beyond her comprehension, Aster stood up from her chair, stretching as she did so. "I need some fresh air," she announed prompting Everly - her bodyguard, to hand her her coat and gloves.

"Too difficult?" the older woman asked, glancing at the title of the book.

"Yes," Aster replied with a hint of frustration in her tone. Although she understood what most of the words in the book meant individually, her lack of experience made it hard for her to understand its contents properly.

"I see," Everly replied simply, not suprised. "You will not accomplish much if you're impatient."

"I know," Aster sigh. She hated when her bodyguard was right and she was not. "I'm going to take a look around the Iron Pantheon or maybe explore Ilum," the blonde-haired teenager said and made her way out of the library.

[member="Kiran Arlos"] - [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​

The patrol arrived at the crash site, steam still rising of the hot metal and formed a pool of black water around it. The temperature had dropped considerably, and a strong wind picked up making visibility almost impossible however inside the side the patrol discovered bodies now partly frozen. It did not bode well for anyone that might have survived the crash and wandered off. While the patrol retrieved the dead placing them on the ground outside and covering them as best they could, Theo looked around the ground to discover foot prints, he could only just make them out as the snow fall had started to cover them. "Damn fool", he muttered to himself.

"Lord Praetor, it is too dangerous", the commander of the patrol said guessing Theo's mind. "I'll be fine Commander, besides if by some will of the force the person is still alive we can't leave them for dead". Once his mind was set there was no deterring the Praetor, and so the commander issued orders to move out and meet up with patrol B. Theo set off after the prints, he surmised the person would not have gotten fair not in these conditions.

He had only gone ten meters before the foot prints vanished in the snow, no body was situated at the end of it. Theo called upon the force and searched the surrounding hoping to sense something or someone, if that someone was dead he would soon know. In the distance a life form, a presence in the force of an attuned person, male. Theo quicken his pace and headed in that direction using the force to guide him. He soon found an entrance to a cave, and a still body laying on the ground. Quickly taking off his gloves, he pulled the man to him, "Wake", he spoke sharply, but the guy was out to it.

Theo ripped open the guys jacket and shirt, placing a hand to his chest and used the force to give energy and warmth into his body and once satisfied his core temperature had risen, Theo took off his own protective jacket wrapping the man in it. "Well it looks like I am walking". Theo's Valkyri strength more then enough to lift the man from the ground and slung him over his shoulder. The fridgid conditions no problem to his blood at least not until they returned to the Keep of the Iron Pantheon. And so the trek back began.

By the time Theo would arrive, the patrols and checked in and began to process the bodies and called for assistance from the medical personal informing them there would be more to come.

Kiran Arlos

K
"Come on, lets go!" A voice shouted from afar. Thus the eyelids of the young man opening up as he glanced around and saw not snow, but a green field. Kiran turned and then found himself twirling around not to a dance, but to find out where in the world he was. And there they were from afar, he could see them. Kiran waved and he chuckled lightly and then waved back more wildly as he started to make his way towards them as happy as he could be, but then his trot turned into a slow walk which then turned to a complete stop as his smile vanished from his face. Kiran could feel the cold start to return to him and that was when he realized.

"I'm dreaming..." Kiran whispered to himself as he looked down to his hands and they were cold to touch and he looked at himself and he was lightly covered in snow. The sun shined down on the Kiran but it did not reach him, for this wasn't real. Kiran looked towards those that were important to him and he smirked as they still smiled and waved, then turned and started to walk away but not the young woman. Whom was still smiling and facing his way, as if she was beseeching him to come.

Kiran chuckled desperately and exhaustive as he shook his head. "I can't..." Someone from the outside looking in could see that the young man wanted to go. His stepsister was always his favorite, as she was his. Kiran looked away from her, from them as he glanced up towards the sky as the sun quickly began to set on the horizon and then on the other side of the field a faint glowing light could be seen. And it were here that he felt he was being pulled towards this light and as he got closer, the light turned a small shade of green.

Someone, somebody....something was going on. Kiran felt, as his eyes slowly opened and then closed again, drawing on a deep breath and the cold night air. He could hear several people talking, whispering. However he couldn't make any of it out. What he seemed to be staring down at the ground, he was now staring towards the sky and then the scene changed as he was being whisked away somewhere. There were people around, however he couldn't make out who they were. Kiran reached out for someone, his hand lunged to the arm of someone closest to him. "Where am I?" Kiran inquired and then the grip lessened until he finally remembered. "Ah yes...Ilum. We were so close to Csilla, I new I should boarded another transport when we stopped at Firewatch station."

"Who saved me....?" Kiran asked to those that were close by, still very much groggy. "I need to thank them...."

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

The cold night air was crisp and refreshing, a welcome change from the stuffy library where she had spent the better part of her day. "Aster," her bodyguard called to her causing her to stop and turned towards the woman.

"Yes?" she asked with a curious expression.

"It seems some of our personnel has found a young man in need of aid," Everly replied. Having her charge meet up with Iron Empire personnel and the potentially injured man was preferable than the girl continue her stroll in the cold, dark night of Ilum where unknown dangers might lurk in the dark. Furthermore, it was easier to allow Aster to do as she wished then give her the option to change her mind rather than deny her outright and potentially make her feel trapped.

"In that case, take me to him," Aster ordered a little disappointed her stroll was cut short.

"Understood," Everly nodded.

[member="Kiran Arlos"] - [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

"Never mind that now, lad", Théo placed the young man on a medical sled, "You are safe and will be looked after", he made sure the blanket was tight around the boy shivering beneath it regardless of Théo's arctic jacket. "Call for Lady Aster!", he yelled over his shoulders while placing his large hands on the bodies giving it a brisk rub down to try and keep his circulation up. It was rough man handling but would get the job done until help arrived.

"Lady Aster is on her way Praetor", came a swift reply. "So you were off to Csilla huh?, you'll get there. What's your name lad?", he asked trying to keep the kid talking, keep him conscious else he would fall into coma from the stock of it all.

The medisled moved into the Keep through the main entrance and immediately Théo could feel the warmth and the further they would go the better for the young man. There was not much more Théo could do for him, and so stood aside as they took him into the medical area of the Pantheon and began to work on his. Théo stood back and watched by the wall pulling off his gloves and tucking them into his pockets. The rest of the crew and passengers on board the ill fated transport had been take to a private room and would be sent back to their families in due course.

"I want to find out what happened to that shuttle", he whispered to one of the Legion Knights as he came to seek orders from Théo. "Start an investigation immediately".

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran shuddered a little bit as he nodded his head listening to the words that came from his rescuer it seemed like. Lips trembling slightly as he shook his head to try and shake this feeling and regain the warmth that the cold cave had seeped from him. "Csilla, yes I heard of some stories of a group out there. I wanted to c-c-check it out for m-m-myself." Kiran muttered as he shuddered again and took a long deep breath, several in fact.

"My n-n-name is Kiran Arlos, I'm coming from...." Kiran started to say until he took another deep breath, at which he then decided not to finish that sentence. Well, where he came from didn't really matter, in truth the place Kiran came from was now dead. And the places he had been before didn't work out.

"Boy, how long was I out f-f-for?" Kiran muttered as he had heard a word from one of the local; what looked to be soldiers. "What's a praetor?" Kiran inquired as he glanced around a little bit, trying to take in as much as he could. There seemed to be quite a bit going on. "Who's Lady Aster?" Kiran inquired again as he placed his arms on his chest and held them their, gaining as much heat as he could. "Sorry." Kiran said, as he figured he was asking too many questions and he just realized he should stop.

Kiran looked ahead and closed his eyes for a moment, concentrating as best as he could and trying to attain that small measure of relaxation and peace that he had learned through just constant meditation.

Removing her gloves, Aster entered the medical ward, anxious. Although she had wished to become a healer and help the injured one day, something about the sterile scent of the medical ward unnerved her a little as she headed towards a sink to wash her hands then made her way towards Theo.

"Iron Praetor," Aster greeted the familiar face with a warm smile and a nod of her head, pleased to see him again. "I heard you called for me," she said and turned her glance towards the stranger. While she was no expert and lacked experience in the medical field, it was clear to her the man was unwell and possibly injured.

"I assume he is the reason you called me here," Aster gestured to the stranger, eager to put theory to practise. Although her sessions with her private tutor had taught her much, she still needed first-hand experience in the field to improve. "What happened to him?" she continued with a serious expression, scrutinizing the stranger's every move and analysing his movements for possible signs of injury.

The kid shot questions around the room, and that was understandable considering he was in a strange place, with strangers looking down over him. Besides he had been unconscious for a couple of hours only to wake up in a medical bay.

"Lady Aster thank you for coming so quickly. Yes this young man was in a ship crash out there on the ice fields. He is the only survivor. Some outward injuries but your could be more capable of ascertaining if their are more .. he was unconscious as well. Shock too probably", Theo took his best guess.

He walked with Aster over to Kiran. "Kiran, this is Lady Aster. She will take a look at you. We can answer all your questions later lad". He could feel the pull on the force as Kiran did his best to gain peace through settling his mind in the form of mediation. Not a skill Theo was much good at, he takes after his mother in that regard .. father on the other hand could do so for hours.

"You are going to alright, you are in good hands now". He gave the boy a reassuring pat on the shoulder closest to him.

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran force a smile through his trembling as he glanced in between them both. "Hello, L-Lady Aster." Kiran cleared his throat as he still kept his arms close to his chest and it was here that he felt a small sense of warmth returning to his body, and he felt and hoped that he was going to be okay. Kiran nodded towards Theodred after he mentioned that he was in good hands, and questions could be answered after he was treated with whatever ailed besides being stone cold.

"Thank you both so much, your kindness will not be forgotten, I promise that." Kiran whispered again, as he smiled in between them both, and all the while his question were great and they were numerous in number, he would do as instructed and wait for question to be asked after this was done with. Kiran's near brush with death had him contemplating choices in his past before, and if he could do them differently....would he? Kiran felt somewhat ashamed as he felt that he would do them differently, seven choices to be exact.

However as strange as it may seem, he felt a sense of calm among these people, or at least these two that he had met. He truly wondered what it could be, and how it would affect his future.

Aster acknowledged Theo's words with a nod of her head. "I see," she said nervously and bit her lower lip. The wellbeing of another was now in her hands.

As the pair approached the injured man, Aster concealed her anxiety under a mask of false confidence. Although she was unsure of her abilities, she hoped to put her patient at ease with her confident demeanour. Project the person you wish to be, she reminded herself.

"Hello Kiran," she greeted the injured man with a smile after Theo's introduction. "Your thanks is appreciated but unnecessary, I am simply doing my duty," Aster said, carefully placing her hand over her patient's forehead and closed her eyes. Then, taking a deep breath, the healer-in-training called upon the Force that flowed within her like a gentle current within her. Now, in an almost meditative state, she examined the man's body with the assistance of the Force for any injuries that lay below the surface of the skin - silent yet volatile and potentially life threatening.

"It seems like you have a moderate-severe concussion but aside from that, the rest of your injuries look to only be skin deep," Aster concluded after the examination, slowly opening her eyes. "You will need to be monitored for a little while as a result of your concussion, but first, I need you to undergo a few tests," she said then turned to Theo.

"I believe I should be able to heal his outward injuries but I don't know if I am skilled enough to treat his concussion," Aster whispered to the Iron Praetor, her tone a little nervous, then gestured at a nurse to fetch her the items she would need to test Kiran's eye sight and motor skills.

He watched Aster work on Kiran with arms folded across his chest, not much Theo could do with little to no skills in healing. He can work healing on himself and even that is limited to superficial wounds. Might be time he got some training himself. He would be no master healer but it would be helpful to have some skill in the future. The best thing for concussion is rest, but Theo suspected the young man would not take to laying about doing nothing with relish.

"If the young man here gives you permission why not try and see what you could do? after all how best to gain experience if not by trying", he whispered back to the young girl, after all Aster would not be entering his mind but his brain physically, even if she tried to reduce any swelling would speed up his recovery.

To occupy Kiran while Aster continued to work, Theo answered his previous questions. "The group, I believe, you may have heard of is the Iron Empire", he grinned and gave Aster a knowing look, "Which both Lady Aster and myself are apart of. We serve to aid and assist worlds and systems that are under our protection. A Praetor is the leader of the Legion of force users".

He walked around the bed to the opposite side so Aster had room and if she required force energy from him he would be glad enough to provide it for her.

Kiran Arlos

K
"Please do what you feel is necessary to help me." Kiran said easily enough, as he just showed a small smile while she went about her work and her duty as she spoke. A moderate to severe concussion, it's only a miracle nothing worse happened. However if something happened that affect his memory and he forgot certain things in his life. He felt that would be an injury worth taking.

While the young man hoped his smile would display his thanks, he would speak about it later, when he wasn't feeling so terrible. Kiran glanced to Theodred when he started to speak of his and Aster's affiliation with the Iron Empire. The brief synopsis about their calling was quite nice and seemed to be very rewarding for the most part.

"Iron Legion?" Kiran said as he cleared his throat. "That's a pretty intimidating name." Kiran chuckled lightly as his brow furrowed as he felt the smallest of pains across his head. He took several deep breaths before he even began to speak again.

"I've heard some pretty good things about you guys, which is kinda why I'm here. I could use some guidance."

Aster smiled nervously as Kiran gave his permission for her to treat his injuries. Still inexperienced with much to learn in the way of Force Healing, she was unsure of how to proceed with the treatment and glanced at Theo seeking guidance.

"Unfortunately, the skill for this exceeds my abilities," Aster confessed, disappointed she hadn't been able to learn faster. "I will have my attendant summon my tutor," she continued and gestured at Everly who promptly dismissed herself to see to her charge's request.

Now awaiting the arrival of her mentor, the blonde stood quietly and listened to as Theo gave a brief description of the Iron Empire to Kiran, and blushed a little when the Iron Praetor shot her a look then moved to the opposite side of the bed.

"I am pleased to hear you have heard pleasant things about the Iron Empire," Aster smiled then glanced towards the doors, hoping that Everly would arrive with her mentor soon. She hated standing at someone’s bedside unable to do much to assist.

RC-0883

R
RC-0883 stepped off the transport shuttle and into the biting cold that was Ilum. The KPA-01 Katarn Armor slowly changed from the default black to a stark white to match the environment. The newly appointed Major had personally accompanied his most recent detachment Charlie Company to continue to oversee their training. Bunker watched the parade of containers leave the cargo bay, feeling the weight of his new command. He signaled for the Captain.

"Captain,
Have the 1st and 2nd Platoons relieve their respective posts. Take the 3rd and start CTF training exercises. The 4th Platoon will take first standby shift once they finish unloading supplies. Schedule 6-hour Descending rotations. And be sure to shuffle the squads during training. Gather the squad leaders, I would like a word."

16 heads gathered in formation outside the shuttle. Bunker activated his voice amplification system and spoke to his men directly.

"As you already know, we have been charged with the defense of this sector. For most of you this is your first assignment under my command. I assure you this is not a cushy gig, we will remain vigilant in our tasks, we will continue our rigorous training. Today gentlemen we Earn our Iron!"

Major Bunker paused briefly before he was met with a resounding and unified "Yes, Sir!" that caused immense pride to swell inside of him.

"I leave you with your Captain for your specific designations. Trust your comrades and remember your training. Oya Charlie Company."

RC-0883 left the Captain to relay his orders and went in search of the leader of this instillation. He found [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] and [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] huddled around a young man presumably injured.

"Major Bunker of the 81st Battalion reporting in with Charie Company. Do require any assistance?" he asked the room.

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom