Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cold Dome

g9gSx8T.jpg
The smallest moon of Kamino
The wind and snow blew across the metal dome of the outpost. Long forgotten, having been abandoned before Kamino was used to supply the clone wars with an endless army. The reason for the abandonment was unknown. Maybe there was something on the moon that drove them away, something hiding out in the snow, or something under the surface. Something that caused them to leave behind special Mandalorian artifacts which had been scavenged in the far past. Whatever it was, the Kaminoans never returned.​

Des was on shore leave, and wanted somewhere to pilot her TIE and sit there in peace. She had heard of Korasa from another pilot who had been on patrol in the Kamino system. A snowy, abandoned world. Seemed like it would be peaceful. Just land for a little bit and meditate, or something. Just relax.

What she didn't expect was how hard it was snowing... It was a total blizzard. Before she knew it, it was too late and she couldn't see more than probably 20 feet in front of her little ship. Her sensors were useless. The wind was affecting her ship drastically. Being dragged diagonally in the wind, she struggled to gain control, and screamed at her astromech

"Damn it! Do something or else we are going to crash!"

The little droid beeped as the words scrawled a side screen. 78% chance of collision with incoming object.

Des strapped herself in "I'm not even supposed to have this thing on shore leave! My CO is gonna kill me!"

She suddenly flew past the tower on the side of the outpost, clipping her wing slightly and throwing her into a tail spin as she screamed helplessly. The TIE slid across the dome on the side of its wing for a moment, before flipping over and everything went black.

Des had been passed out for nearly 5 minutes. Her TIE was sitting on its side, the glass in front of her broken as the snow poured in. She frantically unstrapped herself and fell onto her side and cried out in pain, spraining her ankle. She grabbed everything she could. Her blaster, comlink, and a small survival kit. Des quickly hit the distress signal, not knowing if the radio had survived the crash before she jumped out of the cockpit.

She landed onto the ground, and suddenly started sliding downwards into a hole created by the crash. She let out a high pitch scream as she fell into the facility, landing in a dark hallway.
Des brushed herself off, and stood up to look around, praying that her distress signal was broadcasting.

It was true, the Galactic Empire and First Order were allies, Asheda being there personally when Graf, the military leader and might of the Imperil remnant had come into First Order space in a grand array of ships and other craft, striking the alliance between the two Imperialistic factions. That still did not mean everything was hunky dory, many among the First Order view the Empire as a protectorate, servants that would be adsorbed into the First Order once their borders closed and swear loyalty to the Supreme Leader. Likewise, many among the Galactic Empire saw the First Order as a fanatic child to their once proud government, a people that needed to be reminded of the old powers instead of the new die-hard beliefs they had.

As such like always FOSB agent Asheda was back to scout out locations and see what the regime was up to, and what better place to hide out for the time being then and old abandoned outpost on the Kamino moon, but by the force was this place cold. "If my skin could get any blue It would, gees I end up with the most environmentally un-friendly mission, first Tatooine now here, what next tropical jung- hu what this"? A sudden beeping sound came from her communicator, what’s more it was a first order distress beacon, the small echo of churning metal sounding in the distant, but hard to hear over the roar of the blizzard.

"Another agent? or something else, best check it out, command might give me a reward for this", wrapping herself tighter in the warm cloak she wore the Togruta Agent with assistance from the force began to make her way to the compound, bounding over long distances. "let’s just hope they don't die before I get there".

[member="Des Hailstar"]

The Galactic Empire, a faction that oppressed its people. They could make claims that people just see their military actions but don't see how their people live. Yeah it must be all perfectly fine when the very military they are saying to look past was the one in charge of everything. Things were not fine. It was all rules and quotas and a pretty coat of paint to cover the erosion below. This was the kind of group that Tristram hated most and was going to make it his mission in life to do something about. So for that reason when he heard through a contact about an abandoned facility on one of Kamino's moons he headed straight there. If it was so close to the capital of the Empire it must have something good hidden in it after all.

The cold of the moon didn't bother Tristram so much as he was trekking through the snow. The Pantoran blood in him just laughed at it even though the human blood in him want a little more warmth. He had been dropped off before the blizzard hit and was suppose to send a secure, encrypted signal when he was ready for pick up. The blizzard was annoying but he was already at the place he was looking for. Then he heard and saw a tie fighter strike the side of the dome and go crashing nearby. He had no love for Imperials but he also couldn't let someone die if they hadn't done anything to warrant it yet. This sort of altruism was going to be the death of him. He began to jog off in the direction the ship went in.

Part way to the crash, Tristram's com picked up a distress beacon going off. Good. The person was still alive. It took him several more minutes but he found the crashed tie fighter. The blizzard was already covering it over and soon it might consume the whole thing. Not good. He rushed over and found the front busted open. Snow had drifted inside of the cockpit and was already filling it up. As he looked around though he found an opening into the facility. Whoever it was must have fallen in there. So he jumped into the hole. As he hit the floor and before he had a chance to check around himself, he called out, " Anyone here? I got a distress call!"

[member="Asheda Tyr"] [member="Des Hailstar"]

Des cried out in surprise, turning around quickly and aiming her E-11 blaster at [member="Tristram Senan"].

She stumbles back a bit and winces in pain as she realizes her ankle is sprained. She gritted her teeth and said "Who are you? I thought this place was abandoned."

Des slowly backed away, broken glass from old, destroyed bio-lights crunching under her feet. She turns on the light on her blaster, illuminating the stranger.

It took longer than she had liked but finally Asheda had crested the final cliff face of the mount from which the outpost sat atop of, her brown Jedi like robes fluttering widely in the chilling wind, "At least I am good at climbing, one of the many perks of being a Togurta". Climbing on top of a rock she observed the hole in the side of the building where the TIE had crashed, "Guess I know where to start looking... that's one big hole".

With a clear destination in mine Asheda started to sprint towards the compound using the force to boost her speed the entire way, quickly making it to the hole in the compound side, viewing the crash from her elevated position. From up her she could see and smell smoke wafting from the crash, but more that that her green eyes fell upon two individuals, one wearing the attire of a First Order pilot, a typical flight suit, pointing a blaster at someone.

Said other person, well Asehda did not know, but one thing was certain her was force sensitive, a lightsider, but with muddled bits of darkness in him, bottled up or perhaps dormant. A fallen Jedi using the place to conduct raids against the Empire? It would not be the first, a many of Jedi had strayed from order taking up terrorist like action against imperial governments, only fueling fire to the ongoing wars. "I best intervene before blood is ahead", jumping down a loud thud would be hear behind [member="Tristram Senan"] as the blue Togruta landed, her lightsabre clear to see by her side, but renaming on its belt.

[member="Des Hailstar"] I [member="Tristram Senan"]

Seemed that Tristram should have been more careful and said something before he dropped in. The person who sent the distress signal was scared and pointing a weapon at him. From the way they moved as well he could tell that they had hurt themselves. Not too surprising given the ship crash up above them. He gave her a friendly smile as he held up his hands slowly. He said to her, " I'm here because my com picked up a distress signal. The smart call is saying that is you. So I'm here to help." He hoped that calmed her down a bit. He remembered something he forgot though. " Oh and you can call me Nighthawk. What about you? What do you go by?"

The sound of something or someone landing behind him caught Tristram's attention. He looked back and saw a togruta woman dressed in robes like those of a Jedi. What was a Jedi doing here? Also why such a young one and not wearing more? He might be okay but that had a lot to do with his Pantoran heritage. How was she not freezing right now? Wait that wasn't important right now. The issue was who this woman was and why she was here. He studied her over quickly then said, " Greetings. I assume you got the distress signal too. Who might you be? I'm Nighthawk and she is the one needing help. Looks like she hurt herself." Hopefully this situation didn't escalate further. The last thing he wanted was to be caught in the middle of a firefight.

[member="Asheda Tyr"] [member="Des Hailstar"]

Des stood there, a little bit shocked by all this.

"I am Private Des Hailstar, of The First Order Navy"

[member="Tristram Senan"] seemed friendly enough, so Des lowered her gun a bit. She pulled off her helmet, letting her long black hair fall around her. But the blaster quickly came up again in a small panic as [member="Asheda Tyr"] dropped in too. She prayed that they weren't terrorists.

"I'm fine" she says before wincing in pain as she tries to back away a little "It's just.. Just my ankle"

Ture Asheda was cold, but her suit had decent enough insulation to hold off extreme temperature change tinge, combined with her white tunic and heavy robes the Togruta was equipped enough to deal with the cold air. Her gaze looked over the scene in front of her, the man as definitely no Sith, that much was certain, and a Ren would not make much sense around here, but at the same time she doubted they were part of an official Jedi Order. "Night Hawk? is that what you go by when swooping around Na Shadda saving damsels in distress? Well that aside call me Asheda, or whatever you like, I do not mind".

Gradually in a non-threatening manner she approached the two, just to make sure that the pilot would not shoot out of shear fright, after all from her point of view it probably looked as if two Jedi where descending upon her, not some rouge from who knows where and a FOSB agent. "Well Hailstar, can I call you star, would be easier, even if it is just an ankle wound it looks painful, now, just lower the weapon please, I will not hurt you, let me take a look". Asheda's voice was smooth, calming, the Togruta being a natural negotiator as well as having lots of past experiencing in convincing people to do what she asks, herself kneeling next to the injured pilot.

[member="Des Hailstar"] l [member="Tristram Senan"]

Things seemed to be calmer but with the new appearance it was once again tense. This Des had hurt her ankle and so her panic had caused her some more issues with it. She was certainly frazzled, but he was a little worried about the First Order affiliation. If one member was around then surely more were as well. The First Order kept a tight leash on their members and tracked them pretty closely. It was the kind of lack of freedom he fought against. But he shouldn't focus on what could be right now. He needed to worry about what was going on instead. Maybe it would end up getting him into trouble or maybe it wouldn't. It was always hard to say.

The togruta woman though seemed to recognize his name. Was he starting to get known or just a coincidence? Either way he did have to note that she was fitting too many of his interests in women. Too bad they met in this situation instead of a bar. She tried to calm things down but it was going to be hard to say if it would work or not. He turned his attention back to [member="Des Hailstar"] and said, " You put out a distress beacon Ms. Hailstar and got two people to show up to help. I suggest letting us do just that. But it is up to you if we do or don't. So what would you like for us to do for you?" With that said he slowly began to lower his arms and made sure that she had full view of his hands the whole time. He didn't want her to spook any more with a weapon pointed in his direction.

[member="Asheda Tyr"]

Des quickly covered her mouth to muffle a high pitched laugh at what [member="Asheda Tyr"] said.

She turned to Asheda and said softly "Yeah... You can call me star" she slowly lowered her weapon slowly, carefully watching her and [member="Tristram Senan"]. He seemed too nice to be a jedi terrorist, but Des wasn't totally convinced, being more afraid of him than her. She clipped the blaster onto her belt as she tried to relax a little. "If you think you can do something, go ahead.. I messed it up when I fell out of my ship up there. This place just came out of nowhere."

Des relaxed more as Asheda approached and says to Tristram "I wasn't expecting it to be that fast, and 2 people too... At most I was expecting some First Order recon or something. This place is pretty out of the way"

Des looks over her shoulder, as a sound echos down the halls, very faintly. A roaring, perhaps that of a large, local animal. Fierce, but very far off in the distance

Asheda raised an amused eye brow as Des's muffled snigger, "seems that you sense of humor is not hurt, that is good to know". It was also good to see the woman had calmed down, lowering her blaster to her side. "Your lucky that either of us was here to get your call, not a very populated moon mind you, very well might have been stuck here and frozen to death, cause something tells me you TIE ain't going to fly anymore". Using a small amount for the force Asheda felt over the woman's ankle, "Nothing seems to be broken, probably just a sprain and bruise". "Unfortunately I am not skilled in healing, so you will have to bear with the pain, got any medical supplies with you"?

In addition to helping the pilot she would also have to convey that she too was apart of the First Order, but with mister rouge Jedi standing right next to them that would be hard. Though seeming to be nice Asheda could not take the chance that said man would assume she was a Ren in disguise of something, and though skilled in defensive sabre combat had a feeling this guy was much stronger then you. "So, mind if I ask what a First Order Pilot is doing around here? Seems a little odd to me, unless the Galactic Empire has stuck a military access deal to help cover their borders, you know with all the attack by the CIS and Sovereignty as of late".

[member="Des Hailstar"] I [member="Tristram Senan"]

The situation had calmed down a lot thankfully. The young woman in need of help was finally accepting it and the young togruta woman was staying friendly enough. Tristram was getting a feeling there was something more going on here though than it seemed. The Galactic Empire and First Order were allies but there was still a rivalry between them that wasn't too hard to see. What a First Order pilot was doing in their borders was a mystery, especially such a young one who seemed more like a fresh recruit than an ace. The other problem was what this Jedi dressed woman was here for. He could sense the force from her although it seemed more on the level of an padawan or apprentice than a knight. Why would someone like her be here at all if she was from any of the Jedi Orders? Too many pieces were missing from this puzzle for his liking.

The faint roaring coming down the passageway had Tristram concerned as well. If this was Ilum or Hoth or even Pantora's world that is revolved around then he knew there would be some threats to worry about, but he didn't think that this moon would have any. As far as he could tell it was just a ball of snow and ice able to maintain an atmosphere. What could be down that way? He watched as [member="Asheda Tyr"] began to interact more with [member="Des Hailstar"] and likely would treat her ankle if that option was available. The main problem at hand was being addressed so it was up to him to address the next one.

Looking at the two, Tristram said, " If she doesn't have a med kit or anything in one to deal with a sprained ankle I can carry her. She looked light so it shouldn't be a problem. For now though I'm going to check further down the passage and see if there is anything to get us out of the cold." With that said he didn't even wait for a response before he was heading down the passage. He turned on a flashlight and worked on regularly dropping glowsticks along his path to mark his progression. It wasn't the first time he had delved into an old facility or instillation so he came with some preparation. He just hoped whatever was making the sound was something he could handle on his own.

Beatal had always loved any kind of freedom her master gave her. Traveling almost everywhere with him no doubt grew boring, but she couldn't complain. Well, not unless she wished to be reprimanded. Thankfully, he seemed to want a few breathers every now and then as well. He often gave her loose rein when talking politically with his buddies, taking a personal day or simply when trying to get her out of the ship so him and a certain lover could be alone together. Toony had always been quite the charmer it seems. Eh. She wasn't complaining. He would often dump her on abandoned or lone planets and moons, leaving her to explore with next to no chance of leaving before he came back, equipping her with a basic com.

Alas, he'd chosen this lovely little spot of freezing cold to plop her down, the yacht they resided in leaving Beatal's sight with a blast as it took off into hyperspace. She wasn't well equipped, the measly clothes on her back along with a few spare blades strapped to her waist and thighs. The cold was not desired, but she'd have to make do. Lord knows she had been through worst. Naturally, the warrior looked for warmth. Buildings or ruins, maybe even rotting spaceships or corpses if it came to that. She may be hardened and machine-like, but she was still human (Well, relatively. Human-ic species took over her blood-line and heritage. Either way, she could still catch hypothermia) As she explored the measly clump of freezing rock, her com chattered unnoticed as she spotted the outpost. Sprinting towards it, Beatal was eager for some form of warmth, ignoring the steaming pile of TIE fighter creating a makeshift crater.

Entering the building from it's main entrance, she was quick to learn that others had the same idea as she. A pack of Gorgodon lay in the outpost's lobby, a total of 5 stalked the overthrown desks and consoles. Score! Warmth and a little fight in? This day had gotten better already. The leader of the pack (Clearly, it towered over the rest with it's abnormally massive build) let out a horrible roar, echoing down the halls and throughout the rest of the post. Well, if anyone was even here they sure were notified now. Unsheathing two of the bigger daggers aligning her body, tensing and lowering herself subconsciously. The main beast approached with a ragefull caution, blocking Beatal's view of the flashlight bobbing in and out of view in the hallway nearby.

[member="Tristram Senan"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"] | [member="Des Hailstar"]

Des says to [member="Asheda Tyr"] "Thank you.." as she drops the med kit from her ship to the ground.

"I'm not allowed to discuss such matters with anyone outside of The First Order. But I can say that I'm on shore leave right now. Thought I'd take my TIE and go somewhere to relax a bit. Even just sit inside and watch the snow on this moon. That was the original idea. Guess I'll have to settle for this" she laughed "I don't think I need to be carried. "

She watched as [member="Tristram Senan"] walked away and kneeled down for Asheda to tend to her "Thank you, again... I you all just took me by surprise"

The faint shamanistic noise echoing from the dark depths of an abandoned complex was not lost to Asheda, multiple times turning he head, to peer down the shrouded corridor, slightly on edge on the off chance a feral beast was to appear. 'What in the force lives in a place like this? what would such a creature eat out here? please don't let it be people', if there was one thing Asheda needed to get used to it scary monsters. Though often fine around certain species, things like Wampas and spiders still sent a shiver down her spin. Thankfully it seemed the Jedi was willing to brave the deep depths of the compound, leaving Asheda to deal with the First Order Pilot.

"Now where were we", looking back to her patient she made sure to position the injured limb in a comfortable position while listening to the woman's words. "As yes, I understand protocol and all, though odd place for shore leave if you ask me, though would it help if I told you who I was", with a sly smirk Asheda reached into her robes pocket, pulling out her FOSB identification. "First Order Security Bureau, agent Asheda Tyr at your service, you also may know me as Kyrel Ren's apprentice or perhaps former representative", he was not certain if the woman knew who she was, after all their rank was just that of a private.

"Try to not move around as much, I'll just be checking out your ship for some bacta bandages and what not", leaving the pilot Asheda went to work rummaging around the crash site, the distant roars of beast still echoing around the complex.

[member="Des Hailstar"] I [member="Beatal Sarric"] I [member="Tristram Senan"]

Judging from the fact that Tristram ran out of glowsticks, he had gone far down the passage. His last stick was still within sight as he stopped. Should he continue or should he turn back? There was a few rooms that they could hold themselves up in out of the weather along the way already. His main problem with turning back was that he hadn't found what had been making the noise. It had gotten louder and more had joined in with it. A bad sign to be sure, but he couldn't exactly risk leaving the two back at the crash site. The togruta woman was still a mystery on exactly who she was and the pilot girl was in no real condition to be running away from danger. They would need him if there really was more creatures here.... Seems his mind was made up already. He turned back around and began to follow his trail of glowsticks to the crash site.

Along the way back, Tristram made sure to mark the most secure room with a burn mark near the door with his lightsaber. It would make a good reference for later. He continued on his way back and made sure to glance back to make sure nothing was sneaking up on him as he did. After several minutes he caught sight of [member="Asheda Tyr"] and [member="Des Hailstar"] as they went about things. He hadn't caught a word from them, but at least things looked peaceful enough. Maybe it wouldn't turn out so bad and a real rescue could be arranged. There was the option of his exit plan being used but he had a feeling that might inspire more questions than he felt like answering right now. Better it got saved for a last resort. The togruta woman had to have a ship or something of her own anyways on the moon.

As Tristram approached he called out, " I'm back. I didn't see what was making the noise, but whatever it was there is more than one. Thankfully though I found a room that still has an intact door and that I think can function. I didn't try to go in yet though. Wanted to bring the both of you along just in case." He made sure to give the both of them a smile. Hopefully the place still had power and the room was still connected up to it. " By the way with your ankle injured I will be happy to carry you on my back there. Sound like a plan?"

[member="Beatal Sarric"]

Des tenses up for a second looking at [member="Asheda Tyr"]'s ID "FOSB?!" Clears her throat "I just wanted somewhere quiet and to be alone. Didn't know there would be anyone here at all, but I'm thankful an agent found me. But I'm worried [member="Tristram Senan"] might be a Jedi or something... I don't know. He seems unusual. A little too friendly, like he's hiding something."

She watches her go to the ship, then spins around, and groans in pain as she squints down the hall as Tristram approaches and laughs "I think we might have to do that until my ankle gets better.. Asheda is looking for supplies for me in the ship" She kneels down on the floor to get some weight off of her damn ankle. She didn't like the idea of being carried by a stranger, but its looking like its the thing to do at this point. Sitting around here waiting for whatever it is to come isn't a good idea

"By the way.. What are you doing around here? This place is pretty out of the way and right on the border."

[member="Beatal Sarric"]

The massive, almost fish-looking creature in front of her blinked its dull eyes a few times as it tried to locate her, basing it off hearing and smell. Beatal definitely wasn't hiding anything, in fact taking down the pack would be good for her. Get the blood pumping. With another, equally as horror-filled roar, it lunged. Trying to get Beatal in a bear hug, it's fatal blow usually consisted of crushing it's prey. Jumping back quickly, she got a couple of deep cuts in. The hide was thick and blaster proof, bones almost three times as thick as her own. These guys were tough, she'd give them that.

Two other, younger males joined in while the presumable females ( Mamma and a baby ) squealed out, scurrying towards one of their mucus-covered corners peacefully. Taking on three of these guys would be a lot, but she figured if she could get the alpha down then the others would retreat...thats usually how the pack worked right? Kill the leader, the rest submit. The smaller ones tried to corner her, grasping and clawing at her arms as if to pull her closer, stuck in somewhat of a tug-a-war between the two. How convenient. Ripping forcefully away from one, her blade lodged itself in the leader's useless eye (solely distracting purposes) while elbowing the creature behind her in the face. Focus was important, she couldn't easily be concentrating on all three without mistakes being made. With this, she quickly got a grip on the smallest male, throwing him mercilessly into the wall. They were about human-sized, the small ones I mean, so it wasn't a big feat in the slightest. For her at least. An indent being created, it's body fell limp to the floor with a wave of unconsciousness. It didn't need to die right now, she'd leave it be.

Waves of shrieking had escaped the leader, it's blood gushing over the wound and metal, down it's face as it waved frantically around, all the surrounding noise and how the smell of it's own copper dripped into it's nostrils. The last small beast wasn't tamed for long, an elbow to the face obviously didn't do much, and it soon was on top of her again, letting out a half-hearted whine as it snapped at her.
"Oh pipe down" she snarled as if speaking to a small child, pushing it's shoulders so it too flew into the wall, tripping over the limp figure of it's brother.

The leader was left. Pissed off and massive as heck, it left multiple marks on the warrior. Arms and parts of her back bleeding, it's webbed claws were lined with her blood as it used the same maneuver on her. It got a hold of her and snapped at her, although the height difference was a plus. It couldn't quite reach her... jaws clenching a few hairs away from her nose. Pulling the blade resentfully from its eye, the warrior attempted to plunge the blade into the beast's skull. The bone was too hard for her to break, it took a few, labored swings for the blade to finally lodge itself lethally.

The two females crooned and whined, tending to the injured young as Beatal scrambled out from under the beast's now dead weight, another thump echoing as it's body hit the floor. It was still cold. Cold enough for Beatal to be inclined to travel further into the post, leaving behind the mourning family to encounter a...a glow-stick laden trail

[member="Tristram Senan"] | [member="Des Hailstar"] | [member="Asheda Tyr"]

Asheda laughed a bit at the pilot’s response, like a child when their parents found out they'd been into the cookie jar, "Not to sorry I won't tell anyone about this, I can understand you action, even if not your choice of location". While rummaging through the crash site her hands came across a small medical pack, a few bacta bandages and other items inside, good for treating small wounds and ailments, "Well I am glad to be of service". "Though you are right, that fact a Jedi like him, someone who feels a little dark does raise some problems, I will keep an eye on him for now, though I don't think he is a terrorist there is definitely a hidden agenda".

While walking back to [member="Des Hailstar"] she spotted the Jedi coming back from the darkened hallways, calling out from a distance, "If it is warm and safe from whatever was causing those strange sounds I am all for it". The Jedi did not seem to harbor any ill intent, but she would not be surprised if he tried to get some information out of the pilot during their stay here, though perhaps she herself may be able to find out more on the mysterious stranger. That would have to wait until they got to a more secure location the room, Asheda reaching to the duo as the Night Hawk offered to carry the injured pilot.

"Well I have some bacta bandages and other items, when we get to the room I can dress your wound, then we can discuss getting out of this place".

[member="Beatal Sarric"] I [member="Tristram Senan"] I

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom