Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG The Chiss Question

Are there many Chiss out and about on the site? I am genuinely surprised I have not found any Chiss oriented factions so far. I know vaguely about the events relating with the Brotherhood of the Maw and Empire, but have Chiss characters vanished since then?

Good question. A couple years ago there was a Chiss Ascendancy faction, but I haven't heard from them in a while and I don't know how active they are. I see Chiss characters every now and then, but cannot think of a single major ("major" as in someone having a significant impact on the galactic stage) active Chiss PC on the site right now. You would think there would be a lot more, given the drama potential surrounding the destruction of Csilla, but for whatever reason that doesn't seem to be the case.

I think there is definitely interest/potential to get a faction or story up and running, although you'd have to get the wheels turning yourself.

there are a few chiss characters, Atrisia took in some refugees and one of their naval commanders is chiss from the treaty Akio made with them long ago. As for factions they mostly are semi niche like some of the other species based ones and those are harder to get off the ground or keep interest since their internal politics can be alright to read but at times tedious to rp.

I can understand the the dilemma of trying to push a single angle/direction in terms of story. I would not mind working on a group, but I have found I do not have the personal drive to make/run a group myself. Would be more than willing to hop in with someone who is interested though.

I appreciate the insight!

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Junko Ike Junko Ike

From what I understand, Chiss seem to just be a race that's pretty hard for folks to fully commit to in a faction sense. There's a lot of folks who are interested in it, but a lot of work to get off the ground and incorporate all the complex lore that comes with the species as a whole. At least that's what's been explained to me as far as why there currently isn't an active Chiss Ascendancy. I personally think that having one around would be real neat, but I couldn't tell you where to start on getting one started, or guarantee that interest could be retained.

Ok, a general thought I had was that maybe not the Chris’s Ascendancy exactly could get made. To capitalize on the chaos left in the wake of the Brotherhood, and to possibly try and get more than just Chris’s writers, the thing could be the Chiss Constitutional Republic, or something along those lines. Basically a organization founded along the lines of the Chiss Ascendancy, but looking to rebuild the whole region of space out there, and incorporating everyone able to pick up arms and vote.

The First Order took in quite a number of Chiss refugees from an earlier crisis prior to the planet's demise. Feel free to send me a DM on discord and I can pass along the notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom