Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Changeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
robotic_man_in_profile_by_ociacia-d89fuju.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: LOOM
  • Model: N/A

• Production: Unique
  • Affiliation: Ultimatum
  • Modularity: Yes, further upgrades
  • Material: Bronzium, Durasteel, Gold, Xylen, Components
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Class One-Two hybrid
  • Weight: 50 kg
  • Height: 1.4 m
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: N/A
  • Misc. Equipment:
  1. Gambonna memory crystal
  2. Advanced Droid Interface
  3. Protocol Chip
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Increased Processing capabilities
  • Powerful Interface mechanisms
  • Designed to connect with specially created suits and armors
Strengths:
  • Incredible Processing power and speed
  • Capable of interfacing with most computers effectively
  • Utilizes specialized suits for different circumstances
  • When in contact with a ground, droid conducts most electronic weaponry fire to ground
Weaknesses:
  • Physically equal to the average human
  • No resistance to any form of weapon, except ionics
  • Requires specially designed suits in order to accomplish anything beyond locomotion, interfacing with computers, or interacting with the environment in a basic manner
  • Resistance to electronic weaponry is lost when droid is no longer in contact with a ground
DESCRIPTION
The Changeling was a droid body designed after the reawakening of Ultimatum for the purpose of being his primary body. Unlike previous creations of Ultimatum, this body was intended to be enduring. Most of Ultimatum's early bodies were made to eventually be replaced as technology advanced. The Changeling was built with the purpose of being upgraded and maintained as the primary body as long as possible.
With a skeleton of Durasteel and Bronzium, the droid is capable of resisting electronic weapons, by transferring the energy from such weapons to a ground point, usually its feet. This is assuming that the droid is standing on its feet, and that the feet are touching a ground, which can be just about anything as long as it would absorb a charge. If the robot is in contact with a ground, whether it be hand, foot, or head, the electricty should be able to follow the skeleton to the ground rather than eletrocute the droid. If the robot is not in contact with a ground, then the immunity is basically nonexistant, as the excess power does not have an external ground to easily flow to. Further, the thin Durasteel skin offers little protection to more conventional weapons. Most of the body's space is filled with components intended for computing and processing power. The droid is capable of working through inordinate amounts of stimuli and computations. The main purpose Ultimatum had behind it was to be capable of designing new inventions on a far larger scale than most of his previous attempts. To ensure its survival, Ultimatum planned to create suits and armors for the droid. This would require that it be able to connect and interface with these armors and therefore more processing power was pushed into it, to allow this.
Unfortunately, the focus on mental capacity has left a definite weakness in the physical capabiltieis. With no advantage over the strength or speed of the average human, the droid is reliant on outsmarting or other people to defend it against potential threats.

Ultimatum said:
Heavy resistance to Ionic weapons

Ultimatum said:
With a skeleton of Durasteel and Bronzium, the droid is capable of resisting electronic weapons

Ultimatum said:
Material: Bronzium, Durasteel, Gold, Xylen, Components
Gold is a conductor, bronzium doesn't resist ion damage (it's used in most droid chassis), durasteel doesn't resist ion damage (most ships are made of durasteel), Xylen is used to make droid chips (or was) and doesn't resist ion damage.

You're making a droid out of all the standard components, then tacking on a resistance to something that all droids share a weakness to with no actual discernible features that provide this weakness. I would suggest finding a material which is resistant to ion damage, or otherwise finding a feature that would provide this resistance, as a durasteel and bronzium skeleton is not going to be doing that.

Apologies, I forgot to write in the usual piece that I tend to put in there for that. I've used on other droid submissions before.

With a skeleton of Durasteel and Bronzium, the droid is capable of resisting electronic weapons, by transferring the energy from such weapons to a ground point, usually its feet.

Is that better?

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

I believe this is what you were requesting, correct me if I am wrong.

This is assuming that the droid is standing on its feet, and that the feet are touching a ground, which can be just about anything as long as it would absorb a charge. If the robot is in contact with a ground, whether it be hand, foot, or head, the electricty should be able to follow the skeleton to the ground rather than eletrocute the droid. If the robot is not in contact with a ground, then the immunity is basically nonexistant, as the excess power does not have an external ground to easily flow to.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Ultimatum said:
I believe this is what you were requesting, correct me if I am wrong.

This is assuming that the droid is standing on its feet, and that the feet are touching a ground, which can be just about anything as long as it would absorb a charge. If the robot is in contact with a ground, whether it be hand, foot, or head, the electricty should be able to follow the skeleton to the ground rather than eletrocute the droid. If the robot is not in contact with a ground, then the immunity is basically nonexistant, as the excess power does not have an external ground to easily flow to.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]
I mean in the strengths, elaborate upon the strength that mentions ion/electrical weapon resistance.

Ultimatum said:
Heavy resistance to Ionic weapons
Here.

A simple blurb, (i.e; When the droid is in contact with another surface electricity and ionic charges will be grounded by the conductive skeleton, a resistance which is lost when not in physical contact with another surface to ground with.), will suffice.

Ah, my bad. Here I added the following to Strengths and Weaknesses, respectively:

When in contact with a ground, droid conducts most electronic weaponry fire to ground

Resistance to electronic weaponry is lost when droid is no longer in contact with a ground

That better?

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom