Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Centrul Hub

SETTING

Coruscant. What many consider as the center of the Galaxy and the setting for many conflicts, events, uprisings, destruction, joy and despair. It thrived with life and many would find it hard to believe that a large portion of its populace had been wiped out due to the epidemic that spread in much darker times. Despite this Coruscant thrived once again as survivors congregated together in order to restore what was once lost. In the lower levels of the Metropolis Planet the scum and scoundrels built their fortune on the misery of others, the lower caste constantly exploited and sucked dry of all possessions through deceit or intimidation. The upper levels were the opposite, black and white. The citizens bustled and life went on in the daily trudge as aristocrats and the wealthy attended their galas and social events, the average person working their nine to five hours in order to make their daily bread.

A cantina rested on one of the many main streets which littered the Planet, its patrons enjoying the beverages served behind the bar that catered for the numerous species which infested within its walls. Some were classics, Tatooine Sunrise, Trandosians Blood and the Blue Lagoon while others were unheard of. No doubt acquired tastes in certain regions of Space. This was no ordinary cantina though. It was well known for its unique form of entertainment that took place every forth night though its legality was somewhat questionable. Despite Coruscant being the 'Central HUB' of the Galaxy there was much one could get away with. The Super City was so large that authorities could not keep their eyes on everyone all the time.

The event which took place this very night at sundown was underground dueling with various weapons being used at the combatants disposal. To ensure that casualties were kept at a bare minimum the participants were required to wear personal shields with all weapons specially designed to lower physical damage, more aimed towards fatigue than death. The first event was about to begin...This was Coruscant.

RP
Brahlis walked out of the spaceport and entered the first cab he could find. He had only just arrived on Coruscant and was tired and wary from the long travel. Usually he would retire to an accommodation in order to rest his heavy eyes but tonight he craved the taste of a refreshing beverage coupled with the company and intelligent conversation. It had been awhile since he had stepped foot on the Metropolis Planet and it looked as lively as it did ten years ago, albeit slight different as new additions were made to buildings and streets. He ordered the Twilek driver to drop him off at a cantina and asked for his recommendation after he briefly explained what it is he sought from tonights venture. The conversation had been discussed in the Twileks native tongue to which Brahlis was fluent, save for the necessary movement made by the Lekku which made the speech more genuine. To his surprise the driver complimented the Kiffar on his dialect yet noted there was a slight accent. This was to be expected.

After ten minutes of traveling he made it to his destination and tipped the green skinned male an acceptable amount after giving his thanks. His throat was dry and he required immediate sustenance. Two bouncers stood at the door, one Gamorian, the other a large furry wookie with brown and yellow fur whom stood at an astounding 2.8 meters. Despite his hulking frame he would no doubt be considered a smaller variant amongst his kin. After showing the proper identification the two guards allowed him to enter the building. It was like nothing he had ever seen before. The music was somewhat alluring as it enticed its patrons into a sense of lull, the four piece band consisting of different species keeping an upbeat tune while waitresses tended to thirsty sentients. He took his seat and no sooner did an attractive Human female ask for his order. This was no doubt one of the cantinas marketing ploys to make hot blooded males spend more of their hard earned credits. His amber gaze met hers as he announced his order "One Corillean Ale please, and a side of banta meat. Medium Rare and hold the onions. Also, when does the entertainment start?" the waitress informed the mercenary that the games would proceed in 30 minutes. This is Coruscant.

The armored figure of a Mandalorian made its way through the streets that had already darkened, that had already been vanished from the warm embrace of the sun and only counted with dim, white lights that did not succeed in illuminating the way as it would have been intended. She was the only one there apart from a bad-looking human male that had already surpassed the limit of alcohol his body could bare. Her eyes scanned through the man that was laying on the floor as she passed by him and once she was meters away from his now unconscious figure, a single thought came to her mind "This is Coruscant..."

It was no secret that she disliked the big cities and Coruscant was more than big. She would never get used to it and simply decided to bare with the loud noises and foul stench that infected the planet and most of its inhabitants. Nevertheless, this was not the reason that triggered her distaste of Coruscant, sound and smell would never be something able to bother her so much. What really stirred her displeasure was the living conditions of most of the beings that dwelled in this never-ending city. There was nothing she could do to change it either, that was the way things where here despite the fact that she was taught other ways and she would have to bare with it, as with many other things in the universe.

Minutes passed and the mandalorian started feeling that dry, sour sensation that threatened her throat and mouth. This time the dices of luck where good to her, since she caught sight of a cantina. It was not the type of place that she would have chosen but she didn't have much of a choice, this part of the city was unknown to her and the possibilities of stumbling into another place where she could satisfy her thirst were short, to say the least. She approached the entrance, where a wookie and a gamorian stood guard. Deisa entered the establishment and took her seat in the area with less people she could find. The two tables near her where occupied by two trandoshans that seemed to share a serious discussion in Dosha which she could not understand and the other by three sullustans who were enjoying themselves, apparently having found funny something one of them said. Even so, the table closest to her was occupied by a Kiffar male who's order was being taken by a waitress. She could listen to the conversation and wondered what kind of entertainment was it that he asked about.

The waitress approached her then and asked what was it that she would order, "Just an Ebla beer, please" She said as the waitress went away to continue picking up orders or delivering drinks and food. Her gaze wondered through the clients, including the Kiffar although this went unnoticed since her helmet kept all her facial features hidden. She was thinking, trying to decipher what sort of entertainment did this place offer but her thoughts where interrupted when the waitress came back with her beer and went away again, continuing to deliver orders. Both her hands went to the sides of her head as she removed the helmet and placed it on her lap, revealing her face. One arm kept hold of the armor, as though unconsciously guarding it while the free hand grabbed the pint of cold beer and guided it to her lips, she took a swig of the beverage.

[member="Lydeck"]

Noise and stench. These two things filled the cantina like a poison though the first was at least bearable. The four piece band completed their set list, prompting them to pack their instruments and retreat to the rooms located behind the elevated stage. No doubt their completion marked the upcoming event in tonights entertainment. The Kiffar raised the glass to his lips, allowing the cool wet liquid to run into his mouth before savoring its bitter sweet flavor. A sigh of relief followed. His amber eyes casually scanned the bar in hopes to find someone he could share company with, or at the very least have an intelligent conversation. True to form the cantinas regulars filled the room. Rodians, Trandosians, Twileks, Bothans, the crowd consisted of numerous species. Such diversity was rare to find, even in a large Galaxy such as this.

As Brahlis glanced around the gleaming armor of a Mandalorian caught his eye. As an ex Republic Soldier he appreciated the craftsmanship of fine protective gear as well as armaments. That armor was his wet dream. He noted the detail and the quality of its design. The plating was precise, the joints were forged correctly allowing maximum maneuverability and the contours that complimented the wearers frame was something to marvel. And that helmet....there was something about Mandalorian head gear that emitted a certain aura of intimidation in due part to their notorious history. He smiled, memories of old returned to him causing him to clutch his right shoulder. It still hurt. The Mandalorian pulled her helmet off revealing a beauty he thought hed never see hidden behind durasteel, especially from THAT. Brahlis possessed a reasonable knowledge of different languages, though the Mandalorian tongue was alien to him. All he knew was the basic greetings and even then he was rusty. " Aikiyc [Desperate]" he greeted her, or so he thought. After deliberating what he just said he immediately said "No....wait, thats not right. Briikase? [Happy?] No, thats not it either....br...bree...brii. Oh hell. Good Evening" he must have looked like an idiot to the Mandalorian Female, especially since he had tried to impress her (or at the very least make her feel a bit comfortable hearing her own language). He offered her a gentle smile.

[Member=Deisa Vesz]

I'd arrived on Coruscant earlier that day aboard my ship the Kandosii Valnor. I'd had to pay off an annoyingly persistent dock-worker in order to keep my arrival unnoticed. Most of a whole day wasted trying to find somebody, anybody who could point me in the direction of some bounty work. Guess that was life on Coruscant. Luckily I'd been able to make up the money I'd lost to that damnable dockworker at a table for the last few hours by playing a few rounds of pazaak that'd definitely lifted my mood. For a while anyways. it hadn't been until the last fifteen minutes that anything had happened to make me uneasy. A merc had walked in and ordered Corellian ale and a bantha steak. My stomach rumbled. I'd been so busy making creeds off the patrons of this club I'd forgotten to grab something to eat. Then the sight of something all too familiar to me. Beskar'gam Mando'a armor. If the merc wasn't anything else he was definitely brave because he clearly wasn't too bright. Trying to pick up a Mando'a woman like a common girl at a bar wasn't EVER a bright idea. The woman looked either ready to laugh at him or beat the living osik (crap) out of him. I could see the hand not holding her helmet moving down towards her belt. Osik I thought to myself. Well best make sure that neither one of the two Mandalorians in this club had to fight their way out. I picked up my pazaak deck and slipped it back into a pocket on the mechanics belt I was wearing then cal my and precisely walked over to the bar careful to keep out of view. Walking up to another Mandalorian was always a bit risky and my set of Beskar'gam tended to make even certain Mando'a jumpy. The black armor with red and gold trimmings tended to make quite an impression. I guess it was a good thing I'd found somebody to trade with for the brown cloak I was wearing now.The young woman I'd traded supplies with had looked at me as if she couldn't figure something out or she sensed something. People had asked her for stranger things I'm sure but still that look... Something to think about for later now I needed to make sure one of my people didn't kill a random stranger for screwing up our language like outsiders tend to do. I'd arrived behind the Mando'a woman the merc had been trying to endear himself to and simply said "Olarom vod" (Evening Sister) nonchalantly pulling the hood back revealing my black helmet with the infamous T-shaped visor trimmed in red alloy. Long way from Keldabe eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom