Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Calm during the Storm

Varik Ice
Equipment: Lightsaber
OouWALC.jpg
Varik stared up at the large building, the Sovereign Palace that was almost complete. One might assume he was pleased with it because it was his, but he hated the very idea. A building this large, used for just one man and those attending to him? It didn't make sense. He had something in mind for the palace, for a project that he thought had a lot more potential than when the Sovereignty had first appeared.

He wore no hood, hat or any head covering despite the rain battering down on him and everyone else nearby. As he waited patiently, he considered what he would have to do with his students to push them forward. He could start them off easy- avoid the advanced subjects, but he wanted them to be fully prepared. He never knew where an attack may come from or a seemingly harmless assignment that turns out dangerous.

As he pondered this, he turned when he heard the footsteps of someone approaching. He stared towards one of the Sovereign Army's finest, giving a salute towards Varik as he spoke. "Your Grace." Varik gave him a nod in response. "At ease. Is everything ready, Major?" The soldier quickly gave some nods in return, a little worn out from the distance he'd clearly just run in full armour. "Yes, your grace. Everyone's in position." Varik turned back to where he was looking before, his stance unchanging. "Very good. Prepare for my signal." As he heard the footsteps run off again, he was still waiting. The two of them would have to be here soon, he'd arranged them to meet for training a few days in advance, had he not?

[member="Shaun Irons"] | [member="Ahdaka"]

Ahdaka / Within the humid atmosphere of Eadu, Palace Construction Site

It appeared that Ahdaka was the first to arrive, she realizes this as she finally found where Varik was awaiting her and her peer. She then adjusted herself a bit. She was wearing her usual sort of outfit. Well, all her clothes were new aside from the jacket and the large cloth she wore around her neck, which suited her like a hood for the rain.

She made a few quiet steps towards the Sovereign. Bowing her head slightly as she tried to show some manners, this is going to be her mentor after all. She then greeted him. "High Sovereign..." She looked up at him. "I hope I'm not late." She stated, quietly as she rested her hands on her belt.

[member="Varik Ice"]

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
Palace Construction Site

About the best I could get away with clothing wise, were a heavier set of pants, and a jacket with my sock hat. I couldn't take much else or it would look like I was going somewhere. Roella and her Knights didn't need to know that I was going somewhere else without them. I did take my longknives with me though. Hidden within my jacket on my back. Making my was past others to reach the meeting area that was requested of me, I didn't know if I should look forward to meeting this other woman, or if I should dread it considering last I spoke with Varik, was within his chambers.

I would have my answer soon enough.

Walking up to the two within the construction site, I questioned the reason that we would be here, of all places, but thought better of it due to Varik having priority over this faction. Seeing the two as I walked up, the girl look no better off than I did. Worn clothing and a frame to match. She had gone through a lot to get here. Walking up, I kept my mouth shut, and simply awaited for what would be required of us.

[member="Ahdaka"], [member="Varik Ice"],

Varik Ice
OouWALC.jpg
Varik's face and posture were unflinching, and he remained as still as ever as he stared towards the approaching students. Ahdaka was first, which he had expected - she didn't have to sneak away from anyone to come here, after all. He noticed that both her and Shaun seemed to have dressed practically, for the most part. In contrast, he looked like he should've been freezing cold, though the pouring rain and powerful wind didn't seem to bother him in the slightest. He didn't even respond to Ahdaka's question. After all, if she had been late, he would've let her know already.

"Good, you're both here. Our training is going to take place there." Varik turned around, staring up towards the top of what seemed like a relatively steep climb to the top of a cliff. WIthout missing a beat, the Sovereign walked with purpose towards the base of the cliff. Finding himself a foothold, he began climbing quite fast up the side of the steep journey - he'd climbed this sort of thing many times before, and if he could do it when it was made of ice, rocks covered in rain would be no issue.

"Keep up with me!" Varik shouted it down towards the two, almost as an order. This was part of the first lesson, as much as what was to come - he had to keep them thrown off, out of breath, feeling like they couldn't keep pushing, so he could prove to them that they could and will. If this started anywhere near a level that was too easy for them, they would never learn. He had to make it a challenge from the start.

It didn't take that long for him to reach the top, it being a climb he'd clearly made already. Grabbing the edge of the top, he yanked himself up and actually popped up into the air for a moment before landing on the edge of the very top. Turning around, he glanced down and stared at the two apprentices, expecting them to be close behind him.

Ahdaka / Within the humid atmosphere of Eadu, Palace Construction Site

Ahdaka grew silent for a moment as the High Sovereign didn't respond. She sighed quietly, before taking notice of Shaun. She'd give a nod in greeting whilst remaining quiet. From there she'd break his glance on Shaun and look over Varik as he spoke.

"Good, you're both here. Our training is going to take place there." He said, pointing over to the top of a rather steep cliff. In reaction, Ahdaka raised her eyebrows with a slight amount of concern. She then looked to Shaun before back towards the cliff. She broke her silence with one sound. "Umm..?" But she was immediately interrupted by Varik's demand.

"Keep up with me!" He shouted, Ahdaka took a moment to process this before going into a sprint to reach the cliff she had to scale. Trying to catch up with her master and perhaps Shaun as well. Once she reached the obstacle. She'd start to free climb her way up like her mentor. Going at a rather steady pace, as this was very different compared to buildings. Halfway up she slid two of her right fingers in a small hole to remain in place. Trying to adjust her posture as she went to reach the next bit of rock to hold onto. She managed to reach for it with her left hand, but as she started to pull herself up slightly, her hand slips off from the slipperiness from the rain. She didn't fall however, but made a pained grunt as she was only holding on for her life with just two fingers. Within the moment she managed to regain her footing and stuck back in place against the cliff. Taking a deep breath as she tried not to look down. She then continued climbing, going slower this time as she was cautious and did not want to repeat her mistake again.

Ahdaka eventually made it to the top, rolling over on her back as she trying to regain her breath. After a few moments, she'd slowly get up and looked over at Varik.

[member="Varik Ice"] | [member="Shaun Irons"]

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
There was a time and place for everything.

It was not time to ask questions or question the reasoning for what we needed to do. As Varik told us to climb, the only question that came to my head was, "for how long?" For years I had beaten into me the idea that I had to be subordinate to others around me. The girl looked at me for a moment before she went off. Ladies first right? I knew I was a climber. Having to scale castle walls as a child so then I could train myself how to fight with knives was a daily thing for me. This rock formation would hardly make a difference. Despite the idea that we were going to be rivals in this, I would rather have a living rival who I could compete against, then watch them die the first few minutes in.

Following after her, I climbed with some decent ease. Some of it was difficult due to the winds and the rain. But it was okay for the most part. I had not thought about bringing gloves and thus within a few moments of climbing, my fingers were starting to hurt as they would. Eventually they would become numb. After a few moments, I heard feet slipping from above. Looking up, I saw that Ahdaka was hanging barely. I moved my hand up in a spoon shape just in case she did fall, but she held on.

Letting her gain her footing again, I followed after her. My chest heaving, arms shaking and feeling heavy well before the top. Reaching it, Ahdaka fell and rolled over to her side once she was on the top.

"Stand up and hold your arms over your head. It opens your lungs so you can breathe more. Sitting or bending over reduces the space for your lungs to open."

I thought that might be helpful for her since she didn't seem all that versed within long bouts of physical exertion. Having to work on a farm field for years, you learn quick of what you can and cant do to keep yourself working. Added to the fact of being an errand boy for the Royal family, I had to run back and forth between areas or move items for them like a pack horse. It did well to learn what to do in these situations to alleviate some of the stress on your body. Doing stretches once we reached the top, I also wanted to prevent being sore later on.

Varik Ice
OouWALC.jpg
Varik stared down at the two, listening carefully, perhaps more than they knew to the breathing of his students. For Irons, there was more control, more experience. Ahdaka had clear natural talents as well though, so perhaps that would carry her far. Shaun seemed to show a willingness to work together, and that was excellent. If they worked as a team, they would do far better here. "You're going to be focusing today. Just focusing." Varik turned, walking a bit farther to reach the other end of the top, facing towards a canyon of jagged rocks and mountains reaching for the thundering sky.

The Sovereign turned, facing towards the two prospective force users with his hands behind his back. "You will sit here, cross-legged. Once you do, I want you to close your eyes, and just...focus. Listen to what's calling you, and try to swell up the force inside you. It's like the build-up of taking a deep breath." Varik stepped back, sitting down quietly himself to face where they would be. He would hope that they'd get this quickly; so they could get to the more advanced classes.

Ahdaka / Within the humid atmosphere of Eadu, Cliff Summit

Ahdaka nodded, rolling over on the floor and slowly getting up. "Right right, sorry ain't used to climbing things this big..." She said quietly, hoping Varik didn't hear, she didn't want to look weak. She then stood on her two feet, holding her arms up as she was instructed. Taking in a few deep breaths. After a few brief moments, she'd lower her arms and placed her hand on her hips. Looking over to Varik.

"You're going to be focusing today. Just focusing." Varik said, Ahdaka then watched and observed as Varik approached the edge. She then paid attention to Varik's next instruction. Nodding slowly. Simple stuff, just meditation and all that. Seems easy enough. Ahdaka then walked over towards Varik and took a spot to sit. She'd cross her legs and looked over at the canyon. It was a nice view, complimented by the war in the clouds that produced the lightning and thunder.

Ahdaka then leaned back somewhat, raising her chin up a bit as she then closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. Trying to relax herself. She pondered on how she could get the force to be channeled within her, but she somehow got the idea. She thought of a gateway, or a door. Something to invite the force to build up her aura or something of the sort. Part of her was unsure, part of her felt like a fool. But she had a path, and a guide. Which she chose to follow.

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
The hushed tone from Ahdaka was expected. It seemed the both of us were people who held only any semblance of pride, or honor as much as we could. Otherwise, we would seem weak or useless. That was not the reason for my aid for her. Merely to give her the same advantages that I had. No point in testing your best when they were not given the same tools as yourself. My attention snapped to our teacher. Telling us that we would require focus for today's lesson. I had head stories of Jedi being able to hold their patience due to the focus of the force. Was this one of the reasons why?

Despite my thoughts, I move to sit nerve the very edge. My kne barely hanging off the side as I sat. The girl sat down before I did and was already in the clouds with her mind. I would not be so fortunate. My mind drifted from the cold water as it fell in the form of droplets upon me. Soaked through my clothing and upon my warm skin. Removing my hat to fold into my jeans as I let my hair hang and clutch my face. However, I did hear the sounds of dropping rain. Smacking into the surfaces of clothing, rocks, and puddles of previously fallen rain.

Closing my eyes, this focus we were to obtain is not by mind alone, this lesson is likely to meld all of the senses into one, so that we could feel everying, yet nothing. No emotion, but could still feel what transpired around us. Force users were told to have extra senses that were heightened over years of study. Maybe I could reach that stage, but just maybe. For now, I kept my attention upon the surroundings and attempted to keep my mind clear.

Varik Ice
OouWALC.jpg
Varik stood behind the two as they did their best to focus, pacing quietly from side to side and observing their form, listening through the force to how well their focusing was going. It seemed to be going fine for now, but that's because it was easy right now. He would have to change that, and quickly.

Taking his time, Varik slowly removed his lightsaber from his belt. As he let his steps meld in with the sound of the rain and thunder, he slowly lowered the hilt to just inbetween the two apprentices, level with their ears. As he felt they were in the height of concentration, the lightsaber suddenly activated with a booming crackle, the white blade igniting out and resting near the sides of their faces. Varik didn't move for a good few seconds, letting them sink in with the noise. If the focusing was simple, what was the point in even practising it?

Ahdaka / Within the humid atmosphere of Eadu, Cliff Summit

Ahdaka kept calm during her journey to fully concentrating and ignoring the rain and thunder. Or maybe just embracing it. She merely kept her thoughts on what could be happening around her, and to her misfortune, Varik activated his lightsaber close to her ear. The sound of it igniting, made her twitch a bit in surprise. She wasn't expecting that in her defense.

As she felt the radiating heat of it right by her, Ahdaka regained her composure and took in a deep breath. Beginning to try again, and keep her thoughts on her surroundings, trying to concentrate on opening herself to the force.

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
The sound of rain as it pelted my head. Sliping down my hair and falling onto the ground and clothing that I wore. I focused deeply upon what was around me. I had heard of the magics from my own kingdom. Many learned how to use their gifts in various ways. Some were seers, and some were using their skills as a knight within the Queendom. The thoughts of some being hunted because of this force scared me. What if I were to return? I had a family I needed to take away from that mess of a planet. I jumped slightly with the bright light behind me and the snap of a laser sword came on.

This was a test, and I failed already. However, it was not to keep me from my goal, but to further my training. I closed my eyes once more, and dug even deeper into the force. Attempting to get everything I could from it. I steeled myself against the sound. The humming constant and always there. The light showing me what I could possibly do. Maybe, just maybe I could one day reach the level to protect those who I cared for. Maybe one day I could defend what I loved.

I dug with all I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom