Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Cairan Connection

Tags: Xander Draith Xander Draith

Alicia Drey had, in her possession, a fine number of rare technologies, associates, and lackies to do a multitude of things. In the form of paraphernalia and inventions of her own design she could put to bear things that the average person did not possess. From the boardrooms of the Trade Federation to the economic council chambers of the Dark Empire to the upper echelons of the Empire of the Lost Alicia had powerful associates, who, with a bit of persuasion, could get her anything or to anywhere she wanted to go. Then there were the thousands who staffed the New Imperial Security Bureau whom provided Alicia with information from all over the Empire and the Galaxy beyond it. Not much went past Alicia without her knowing about it.

But what she lacked was an enforcer. Someone to do the dirty work that she herself could not do, and what neither her associates nor staff could accomplish. In her scouring of the black markets, in her search for an individual who could participate in her criminal enterprises, a name had come up: Cairan Shannon Cairan Shannon . But Alicia did not know Shannon personally. In order for her to acquire the services of such a man she would need a way 'in'. Que Xander Draith Xander Draith , a Bounty Hunter by trade, and curiously, of a rich heritage from his relations back on Serenno.

Word on the street was that Draith was looking for work. Any type of work. Alicia deduced that the man was either in debt to someone, or was just starting out in the business, given the fact that it was rumoured that he would take on almost anything. It was an educated guess. Nevertheless, given the connections to Cairan, Alicia sought to hire Draith to provide back up and security for herself, among other things that would come up later on. This was particularly important given her rivalry with Vulpesen Vulpesen . She would always need to watch her back, and who better than a trained Bounty Hunter, with questionable morals?

In her trade to create a vast organisation made up of spies and informants from across the Galaxy having the likes of Draith on her payroll made sense. Not only just for security reasons, but of course, to send him out there to find and hunt down a number of targets Alicia had in mind. When she had Draith's pockets in her hands Alicia would then use the relationship to set up a meet with Cairan later on. If it all went to plan then both men would be members of the organisation soon. Compartmentalized from the rest of the members that Alicia had already recruited into her employment.

The location of the meet with Xander was in the Lianna city of Northwest. One of the smaller cities in the heart of the Empire of the Lost it was home to the only spaceport on the planet. She did not intend for Draith to be here long, and when their meeting was done, he would soon find himself busy.

Tags: Alicia Drey Alicia Drey

What was he doing? Last time he was hired by someone who seemed inherently insane, he was sent to spy- scratch that, stalk, a Jedi Knight. Now, he was contacted by another person who seemed like they'd be inherently insane to do who-knows-what. But, he couldn't complain, they paid after all and they paid well. Besides, who would turn down semi-regular/permanent employment? Anyway, he had just snuck off of the supply ship that landed on Lianna and began to search the area for his potential employer. Thankfully, she gave him a description so he can try and find her.

Eventually, he came across the person he was looking for: a woman standing at around 5'7 with long sulphuric hair. She certainly didn't look like someone who would need nor want to hire someone like him. But, even then, something about her felt... off. You don't make it in the Bounty Hunter profession by trusting every employer completely. But even by that standard, something was off about her. Regardless, he needed employment, so he had little choice.

He approached the woman, still cautious, and asked one question, "Are you the one who wanted to hire me?"

7.png

Alicia was standing in a promenade located near the Northwest Spaceport when Draith's voice distracted her from the cigarette she had been smoking. Turning around to the Bounty Hunter Alicia regarded him with a curious look. As they looked upon each other in the centre of the promenade citizens went around their business unaware that the Staff Director of the New Imperial Security Bureau was meeting with a criminal. Under her administration Alicia planned for the Staff Director to be known only to the Emperor and the Moff Council. Outside of them she was to be a relatively unknown figure in the Empire. A ghost that was only spoken of in hushed whispers by the other Imperials. Alicia did not seek fame in this role.

Only results.

"Hello, Draith," Alicia replied. In the white sleek uniform of the NISB Alicia stood nonchalantly with the lit cigarette in her palm. It was a quiet, cold day on Lianna and a light drizzle made the clothes that the Director wore sticky and wet. The type of weather than penetrates, and makes your skin feel itchy and oily. "Welcome to Lianna."

"I am your new employer. Today I am willing to give you a lifetime contract with the Security Bureau. We will pay you to perform a number of roles as we put you to work. Security, or in your steps as a Bounty Hunter. We have many targets that require your attention to be captured or killed. If you find our proposal acceptable please sign below. I have your retainer here once both of us are satisfied with this arrangement."

Beside Alicia was a briefcase that she had to kneel down to open. When she typed in the code and it was accepted Alicia removed the flimsi inside and handed it over to Xander as she stood back up.

~

ISB-cog.png

New Imperial Security Bureau
Freelance Contract Hire
Xander Draith

The New Imperial Security Bureau grants Xander Draith a freelance contract to work on behalf of Staff Director Alicia Drey in any capacity she sees fit. Stipulated in this contract is an agreement, to be signed by Xander Draith, stipulating that the new contractor is to abide by the articles of law and order of the Empire of the Lost. All work, operations and knowledge that becomes known to Xander Draith are hereby gagged under Section 2.8 #54 of the NISB personnel handbook which forbids all work, operations or knowledge from being revealed by the new contractor upon the signature of this agreement.

Xander Draith acknowledges that upon entering this agreement any and all work undertaken on behalf of the New Imperial Security Bureau makes them liable for compensation to any damages, or injury sustained in their work on behalf of the organisation. Furthermore, Xander Draith is to acknowledge that he is liable for persecution and arrest if he is found to be guilty of any acts of treason, or sedition against the Empire. All work undertaken on behalf of the New Imperial Security Bureau by Xander Draith are to be considered clandestine in nature, and are to be kept as such by the contractor in any and all future interactions that are both domestic and foreign in nature.

Upon signature of this agreement Xander Draith will be assigned to work on behalf of Staff Director Drey in a freelance capacity. All wages and payments for future work undertaken by Xander Draith is to be personally negotiated between Draith and Director Drey at their discretion while following the agreements stipulated in this contract. A personal retainer of 10,000 dataries is to be paid immediately to Xander Draith upon the signature and acceptance of this contract. This retainer will see Xander Draith sworn in as a freelancer on behalf of the New Imperial Security Bureau.

Xander Draith will not be recognised as a citizen of the Empire upon the signing of this contract. A work permit will be assigned to Xander Draith upon the acceptance of this contract and is to only be used in an official capacity only. This includes use only in acts or work taken on behalf of the New Imperial Security Bureau. Xander Draith will be expected to be discreet in his acts or work taken on behalf of the Bureau upon the signature of this contract.

Signature: ______ ______
Stardate: 070424.

Now, Xander was proud to say that he would take on virtually any job. Retrieval? Sure. Assassination? No problem. Blatant genocide? As long as he gets paid. But his one limit- his one limit, is killing kids. That was the one job he would never take on. Now, don't get it wrong, he's fine with anyone who would and would take missions in which it happens, he just won't pull the trigger himself.

So, when he was reading the contract given to him by his new employer, he was close to refusing as it had simply stated
"in any capacity she sees fit", which meant he may have to break his one moral rule had she told him to. He was very close to denying it... until he reached one section:

"All wages and payments for future work undertaken by Xander Draith is to be personally negotiated between Draith and Director Drey at their discretion while following the agreements stipulated in this contract. A personal retainer of 10,000 dataries is to be paid immediately..." ... ... ...

He had morals? I mean, yes he did, but he guessed he could forget about them if he just so happened to receive a pay check. Yeah, so he loved money maybe a little too much, don't judge. Anyway, upon reading how much he'd be paid, he didn't really give it much other thought. He went to the bottom of the contract and signed:

Signature: Xander Draith
Stardate: 070424.

He then looked back at his employer and gave her the now signed contract. "Just let me know what you want"

"Excellent."

Taking the contract back from Draith Alicia folded it under her arm while locking the briefcase back up. Passing the briefcase to Xander Alicia then turned to step beside him and gestured for him to follow. They walked at a leisurely pace in the promenade while the light rain continued to assault them. "Inside the briefcase you will find your retainer. I have also left a commlink inside for me to contact you with. Please do not lose it, and if you have to replace it, make sure to arrange it with me so we can continue having a means of getting into touch with one another. If for whatever reason we lose contact then your last resort would be to come to the Northwest Spaceport and eventually I will find you."

Alicia drew a cigarette from her pocket and lifted it to her lips to smoke. After inhaling the nicotine followed by a swift exhale she continued to speak. "Obviously you know who I really am and who I am connected with. When it comes to work that we will do together within the Empire of the Lost it doesn't matter what you call me. But a lot of the work that I will be doing will take me beyond the borders of the Empire. When we find ourselves in these places you will refer to me as Foxtrot if you have too. This is so that my identity will remain a secret and this is important for my work."

"Naturally your work will take you away from the Empire as well. As a freelancer you will have contracts and associations with other employers. When it comes to your other work I would prefer that they did not know about our connection. Also, for the benefit of our continued partnership, my pockets will always run deeper than that of my competitors. If a situation arises where you find yourself working for a rival of mine, or in business that does not align with my goals, be a good sport and remember that you're here to make money, not friends. I will always buy you out if such an event occurs."

"We don't have much time left to spend together today. I made the time to meet with you, get the contract signed and to give you your retainer. So if you have any questions for me now would be a good time to ask them."

Well, he couldn't tell if that was overall threatening, or simple statements, but he knew better than to question someone who is both his employer and (by the sounds of it) rich. But, he paid it little mind since he was more focused on the retainer he's just been given. He pocketed the commlink in his coat, memorised the other details for working with her and had only one thing to say:

"You don't have to worry. I know my reputation is that I follow money, which is true, but I will take the recurring money over one big pay. You know, unless it was enough to never have to work again, but that's not in my luck. So, not to worry, I'll remember where my money comes from. For now, I'll just get out of your hair, and you contact me when you have a job for me."

With that said, he was satisfied with his business and took his leave to a nearby hotel to stay the night. Although, he did leave her one last thing, something he had a habit of leaving all his employers: a note saying he'll send his hotel bill to them. For now though, he decided to spend his evening relaxing and awaiting his next business opportunity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom