Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply The Cadence of Discipline

wb1.png

TAGS:
@open
alexboarder.png

In a secluded cave within the Jedi Temple's training grounds, Braze carefully set up his practice area. The cave's natural acoustics made even the smallest sounds echo, amplifying the sense of solitude. It was the perfect environment for focusing on the intense discipline that the Jedi cadences required. HE had informed his master Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el where he would be, and what he intended to do.

Before him lay nineteen candles, meticulously spaced at ten-degree intervals to form a semi-circle. On top of each candle sat a small durasteel ball bearing, shimmering in the dim light. The young Padawan had reviewed the instructions for Faalo's first cadence multiple times, even consulting various holocrons to gain deeper insights, thanks to the knowledge Ko Vuto Ko Vuto had imparted on how to activate and interact with them.

Braze took a moment to center himself. The teachings of the wise Master's from the holocrons and the annotated lessons from an old book filled his thoughts. He knew that Faalo's cadences were not merely physical exercises but intricate patterns that required both mental focus and an attuned sense of the Force.

With a deep breath, he ignited his lightsaber. The blade emitted a calm azure light, illuminating the cave walls and casting an otherworldly glow on the candles and ball bearings before him. He recalled the wisdom imparted by the holocrons and the teachings from the ancient texts; he remembered Ko's patient guidance. All of these coalesced into a singular point of focus: the tip of his lightsaber.

Taking another steadying breath, Braze raised his weapon. The first durasteel ball bearing floated in his mind's eye, bathed in the Force. With a swift, yet controlled movement, he struck—initiating the complex pattern of Faalo's first cadence. And so, in the heart of that ancient cave, the young Padawan began another chapter in his journey towards becoming his idea of a Jedi.

Braze Braze

The temples were easy... vents and places few looked. It was always interesting to poke around and let yourself see the other jedi... harder to convince them you didn't spy when most of the time you were just a cloud in the corner fo the room. Still as she shifted and moved through the hall bringing herself together to have form and appearance she looked into one of the rooms. Approaching it from the top of the doorway and ceiling while floating there and watching at first. She observed and moved across the ceiling as he was testing himself. It was cool... in a way as she rarely used a saber... hard to maintain your grip on such a thing so some force powers that let her scatter her presence were much easier. "Hello."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Kairi Shaltar Kairi Shaltar
alexboarder.png

Braze's lightsaber hummed with energy as he focused on the first ball bearing. His arm muscles tensed, and he executed the first strike, aiming to send the ball into a controlled trajectory. But his aim was off, and the ball pinged against the cave wall, rolling to a stop far away from its initial spot.

He sighed, deactivating his lightsaber for a moment to manually reset the practice area. As he placed the ball back atop its candle, he pondered what went wrong. Was it his stance? His focus? A small frustration bubbled within him, but he quelled it, recalling the teachings of serenity and balance.

Taking his position again, he ignited his lightsaber and tried a second time. This attempt was better, but the ball bearing didn't land where he had intended; instead of flying in a perfect arc, it soared too high and missed the mark.

"Concentration, focus, balance."

It was then that Braze remembered something his friend had told him: "The Force is not just something you control; it's something you're a part of. You don't bend it to your will; you work with it, as a partner in a dance."

Braze closed his eyes for a moment, reimagining the Force as a dance partner. When he opened them again, it was as if he was seeing the cave, the candles, and the ball bearings anew. The world felt more connected, and he felt more in sync with it.

With renewed purpose, he raised his lightsaber once more. This time, as he executed the complex movements of Faalo's first cadence, his movements were fluid and precise, like a dance where every step was in harmony with the music of his mind. The durasteel ball flew from its perch, tracing the exact arc he had envisioned, and returned to its starting position, as if guided by an invisible hand.

A sense of accomplishment filled Braze. Though it was only the first step in mastering the cadence, it was a significant one.

Braze, who had been basking in the quiet satisfaction of his recent breakthrough, jumped at the unexpected voice. His gaze darted upwards to locate the source and found her floating near the ceiling. A moment of surprise passed over his face before it was replaced by a guarded curiosity.

"Uh, hello," he said cautiously, eyes narrowing slightly. "Not many come to this secluded place, let alone float on the ceiling. Are you here to observe, or is there something specific you were looking for?"

Although he tried to sound polite, he couldn't fully keep the skepticism out of his voice. The Temple was a place of learning and meditation, but that didn't mean everyone always had the best of intentions. And here, in his sanctuary, his place of focused training, the unexpected appearance of a stranger was doubly disconcerting.

Braze Braze

"Am I floating or are you just too heavy?" She said it and moved remaining as a fog towards the floor. Reforming into a shape near in height and looks. "But I am always one for learning, observing though... it is sadly harder to grasp a saber." She debated chuckling to herself moving around a little. Letting the form stretch out before rolling over. "So when there are those practicing with a saber I am curious how they do it... how they move. Even how they breathe. Such a simple thing I am told and yet." She moved her hand and passed it through her form. "I have no way of knowing what it is like." She did stay amused though with her expression. "I am Kairi, a padawan at the temple." Well not usually this temple but she could travel faster then others not needing to own bags of equipment... and she was travel sized just going into a compartment.... that could even be airtight.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze watched Kairi's ethereal form move with a mixture of curiosity and bemusement, her actions unlike anything he was accustomed to in the temple's training grounds. "The way you move is fascinating, to say the least," he began, his tone gentle yet reflective. "But what I'm practicing here, it's not something easily mastered either."

His gaze shifted to the setup he'd meticulously arranged—the candles, the durasteel ball bearings—and then back to Kairi. "This is Faalo's first cadence, a foundational skill for Jedi but intricate in its own right. It demands focus, control, and precision. It's not just swinging a lightsaber around; it's a dialogue with the Force."

He paused, considering how to convey the depth of his training. "So while our practices may look different, I believe they both require a keen understanding and attunement to the Force. It's just that my path currently involves this," he gestured to his training setup, "as a way to deepen that connection. To further my focus, my attunement to hone my skills and train my body and mind to work together in surgical precision."

Braze Braze

She watched and as he spoke listened to more of it... he was better at this then one might think and she nodded the understanding. SHifting to momic his stance next to him. "It is interesting.. compared to some I have seen.. you don't just swing the saber or talk about how powerful you are... or jump to trying to use a form that is dangerous." She said it turning her head at a different angle. "IT also helps you explain it better then some." She moved looking at the candles and metal he was using. "It is curious though and I rather like hearing some talk about it... you wouldn't believe how difficult it can be to want to touch or hold something but you can't.... though then I would be solid like you and unable to move so freely or observe and report went sent to scout."

Braze smiles at her, "Thank you for your kind words, Kairi. It's really enlightening to hear your perspective. You offer a unique way of understanding the Force and our place in it."

Turning towards the semi-circle of candles, he continues, "Since you're interested, let me explain the process of Faalo's first cadence. It's a series of intricate movements designed to hone not just your physical skills but also your connection to the Force."

He reignites his lightsaber, its azure blade casting a soft glow over the surroundings. "Watch closely, I'll go through it in slow motion."

Braze starts to move, deliberately and with great focus. His lightsaber glides smoothly through the air, tracing an elegant pattern of arcs and lines. Each movement is executed with precision, aimed at specific durasteel ball bearings atop the candles, though he stops just short of touching them to demonstrate control.

"As I make each stroke, I'm also focusing on the ball bearings through the Force. The goal is to move them without making physical contact—using only the Force exerted through the saber's movements. It's about achieving harmony between mind, body, and the Force."

He finishes the slow-motion demonstration and turns off his lightsaber. "That's the essence of Faalo's first cadence. Would you like to try mimicking the movements? I know you can't hold a saber, but perhaps you can visualize the motions through the Force."

Braze Braze

She listened and watched... being able to float around and see the various angles he was presenting... being able to follow his movements as the ball bearings were being used. It did a few things as the nodding of her head was less visible... to observe it all she dispersed across the room and could see more of it from behind and around but not in the way. Then slowly reformed as he seemed to at least not dislike her view of it. Helped his reaction to a floating cloud had been neutral at best... some of the ones she had met were weird about it. Then he asked if she wanted to try and gave a nod bringing herself together to be there and altered her clothing to look more like training robes.

Hair shortening to form into a blade of smoke when she mirrored what he had been doing and looked towards the ball bearings. Her eyes collecting to be stronger and sharper instead of awareness across her entire being... the force something like a wind she could control and bring around as she raised the blade and it swirled around. Making the smoke swirl. She slashed and the movement was weird as she didn't fully understand physical movement... arms remaining stiff looking and rotating without her shoulders or body and the blade stopped as she sent force energy towards the candle and ball bearing... a little to strong to push them over with a clatter to the floor of the canble.

She made an awkward face.... trying to winge and look embarrassed. "Sorry."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze observed Kairi's attempts with a mixture of intrigue and empathy. It was clear that her unique state of existence made physical actions a challenge. As he watched her struggle with the movements, he couldn't help but admire her determination to learn, even in the face of such limitations.

"No need to apologize," Braze said, offering her an encouraging smile. "You're doing great for someone who's not used to these physical motions. And your connection to the Force is impressive; I can sense it in your efforts."

He took a step closer and gently adjusted her stance, showing her how to hold the makeshift lightsaber with more fluidity. "Try to imagine the blade as an extension of yourself, like an extra limb. Let the Force guide your movements; don't 'brute force' it. It's about harmony and precision."

Braze demonstrated a few basic strikes, moving with a grace that came from years of practice. "Now, give it another try," he encouraged, stepping back to give her some space.

Braze watched attentively, offering gentle guidance and corrections when necessary.

Braze Braze

She maintained the solid state as she was there allowing adjustments while the blade was in her hands... not perfect but she was getting the idea. Allowing the movements to mirror what he was saying. She adjusted her fingers as it were making for a different grip and followed through not sending as much energy outwards. With a sense of excitement that she wasn't making breezes too much. A benefit in other means while she followed the instructions and kept at it. Moving with her arms as more an extension of herself it was all her after all but she was allowing the density to shift across the body and weapon to try and have an idea of what he might be saying. "I think I am getting it, perhaps I'll show you how to move on the ceiling. Maybe the reason why you couldn't before is because everyone else tells you that you can't."

Braze chuckled softly, appreciating Kairi's determination and willingness to learn. "I have found other means before when people told me I couldn't do something just to spite them," he admitted with a grin. "But I think you've made good improvements in a short amount of time."

He observed her as she made adjustments and followed his instructions, her movements becoming more controlled and precise. Braze nodded in approval as she seemed to grasp the concept. "This might take me a while to get used to," he confessed, referring to his own struggles with the technique. "But I'm willing to learn."

Braze Braze

She nodded to that and kept at it.. allowing herself to move around mostly itno the air so she was mirroring him from above and better able to follow his movements. "A willingness to learn is always nice. It helps in this case as it is mostly all I can offer... well unless you want me to spy on others. The vents are small for most of you can I can fit anywhere." She floated around though finding a place on the wall to float in front of. "And I can help you move around like this... making yourself lighter then air with gravity around is possible and not just if you are make of smoke." She said it shifting the saber back and shaking out her hair to be longer. "All you got to do is aerial walk as some of the jedi called it... a meditation."

wb1.png
@
alexboarder.png

Braze watched as Kai'ri gracefully moved through the air, mirroring his movements with ease. Her abilities with the Force fascinated him, and he appreciated her willingness to teach him. He continued to hover in the air, listening to her words and nodding in understanding.

"Ah, I can do something like that... I was practicing with water not too terribly long ago," Braze offered with a small grin. "I'd found a decent affinity for wind. I just have more trouble keeping balanced... It's something I struggle with."

With a gentle push of the Force beneath his feet, Braze floated a bit closer to Kai'ri his robes billowing around him. He wanted to show her what he could do. "It just feels... wobbly in a way without anything solid to push off of if that makes sense? I was trying to use this across the surface of water."

Braze Braze

SHe looked at him as he spoke and tried to think of how to help with it. "Kick off?" She was curious what he meant but was looking while she moved around. "I am guessing that is a solid thing... I don't really weigh anything so just am in the air... I suppose weight could be a factor in lifting yourself up... maybe. I heard some of the others talking about this... does that mean you are fat?" She looked at him more when he was going up while her arms extended to correct a little. "It is all about your thoughts, like how I maintain this form with my thoughts so to do you need to maintain your balance with it. Small adjustments to the energy around you to wrap yourself in the energies."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom