Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Butterfly Escapes The Killing Jar

f224bm.jpg

The Isolated Gardens
The Temple of the Silver Jedi, Voss

Day III
Surrounded by lush fauna from the jungles of Voss that surrounded the Temple of the Silver Jedi Order, acting as a barrier from the rest of the planet, the Isolated Garden was an awesome sight, but also very haunting.

A garden forged around ruins of the ancient temple that stood eons before the Silver Jedi came to form, old pillars, archways and tall statues of unidentified natives were intersected with vines, small naturally formed rivers and varied plants - some dangerous, some pleasant.

For the last two mornings, Connor Harrison, shamed Padawan, had stood under the large crumbling arch, at the lowest part of the garden to self-train with his lightsaber and his control of the Force.

Acting without hesitation, he flowed around in a self-contained area lunging, blocking, jumping, crouching, tumbling, attacking - all against an invisible threat, but as if his life depended on it. With just his black vest, combat trousers and boots, his black hair matted to his forehead with sweat; arms tensed and glistened in the low light as he used his natural strength to navigate the area as if in battle.

The blue blade hummed and flashed in a dizzying display, and Connor made sure to let the Force dictate where and when he moved, not fighting or questioning. To get himself on the path of redemption, he had to allow himself to accept the Force and get his confidence back.

Pausing for a moment to catch his breath, he looked up and saw the lights of the Temple in the distance, a good few minutes walk away and reflected on the last few days. He had isolated himself away from the Masters and avoided other Knights and Padawans as best he could; he couldn't risk hearing what mud his name was being dragged through. Not yet.

Jumping down from a small pile of bricks, Connor ignited his blade and positioned it behind his back, left arm stretched forward and waited.

And waited.

Then moved - swinging his blade around and moving his body in a steady and swift motion to test his perception of the uneven terrain around him, letting the Force help his feet move up, over and across rubbles, fauna and puddles. Stepping over a crack in the ground that it caught, in battle, could be his undoing. Leaping up a flight of stairs that could close the gap in seconds in a chase. All these were tools a Kni - a Padawan - should utilise.

His training months ago with the Shadows was still in his mind and he hadn't forgotten a step - he just needed to get better, quicker, stronger and back to the Jedi he was so close to being. He had to learn to know when to let the Force control him, but also when he, Connor Harrison, had to control the Force to become the sword of light he was born to be.

Day IV
Connor wasn’t following a set manual for his self-training and meditation, but rather using the environment around him to present challenges, puzzles and dangers he could better with the use of the Force and his perception of his surroundings. Once more he stood in his black combat trousers, vest and boots, leaving his lightsaber by his side and this time focusing on reaction time and reflexes.

The warm sun was cooler by the time it reached the Isolated Gardens, surrounded in thick fauna and with plenty of shade down away from the surface of the planet. Connor navigated a make-shift assault course across the ruins scattered around the area.

Two feet crunched down on the stone wall leading up to the mouth of a small river coming from the trees. He held his arms out, keeping his balance as he quickly walked forward at a slight incline. Connor jumped once he hit the end of the wall, turned and ran across the lip of the bank by the river, following it back to the main gardens. Without stopping he amplified a forward somersault with the Force onto a large archway, half buried in the earth; three steps helped cover the distance before jumping off the other side onto the adjoining bank.

Exhaling, Connor dropped forward onto his hands, landing gently on the soft ground below and beginning a series of push-ups.

3…6…..…8…….13……….16………..20

On the last push-up, following a circuit of about 5 laps of the ruins, he brought his knees up and squatted, standing in one fluid motion and turning to the large steps leading down from the bank. Stepping down each one, Connor reached the lower garden and brushed the hair from his brow, turning to pick up a series of large stones from the river and dropping them onto the floor beneath him. Walking a few steps away from the rocks, Connor worked out what he was going to do next and prepare himself. He counted a few numbers quietly as he stopped and turned a good 8 feet away from the stones.

”No pain, no gain. You’ve caused pain, time to face it.”

Resting on his back leg, Connor outstretched his Force sense and lifted one of the stones with effortless telekinetic ability and held it at heads height. Not moving for a second, he let out a shot of breath and sent the stone rocketing towards him. He flinched and with a sickening thud the stone hit Connor in the shoulder, sending him stumbling back with a clenched shout of pain, bending down to last out the sensation of broken bone.

Stepping around in a circle to ignore the pain, Connor turned back to the stones and raised another, narrowing his eyes and counting again.

”5…4...3…”

The stone shot forward to his head, but this time Connor stepped sideways, brought up his hand and slowed the stone, holding it in the air where he would have been stood, letting it gently come down to the ground. Nodding, the Padawan repeated the same exercise four times. He got hit once more, but stopped three.

While self-hurting wasn’t the right way to go about it, the fear of self-harm coupled with Connor’s want to avoid injury helped him not concentrate on the stone coming towards him from his own doing, but help attune his mind to react in a split second to move and stop the stone before it hit him. It was all about having power of one’s mind, and the ability to not let his mind tell him one thing and not act on another if his life, or another’s, depended on it.

After working on the stones, Connor would then lie atop the arch lengthways for 30 minutes of reflection and balance and strength to prevent him from falling backwards off the arch and ignore the tension in his muscles and let the Force enhance his focus and balance.

In the beauty of this place never escaped her own senses. Open to all around her even to the depth that no others could go in a place like this. Walking along such a worn path as it was seeming that of not one traveled. What was it about this place that called to her for a couple of days. Trying her hardest to avoid coming to this place. Away it had been her duty in the order not only for the other healers but also for her own babies now. That taking up must of the time of being a nursing mother.

After one of those sleepless nights as all new mothers experience did she want to come to this place. If only for a few hours for a peace she sought out. Letting her long silver robes flow around her as she came to recall how to be light on her feet. Its path had been used the last few days. It wasn't easy to pick up on this but one like her could see the little signs here and there.

Coming to a place that she could full sense what taking place that something was out of place in this very nature of the place. Knowing now she wasn't alone finding herself now more curious now who would come all the way out here to such a place of isolation. Not knowing if it was his force signature that caught her first of the sight of the dark head of hair.

Feeling what was coming from him how would she even approach him here or would she take another path to avoid him all together after their last meeting. Among their peers that cut through her like a hot poker. Only thing to do it didn't happen as it seem he felt her own present. Taking a sharp breath in would she speak first or would he knowing their own relaship over the time. Still knowing that he was a fellow brother but also one that exposed her as a member of the shadow in front of her fellow jedi.

Putting up her hand now before he spoke. Knowing what she knew happen after this and now where that left him. Closing her eyes for a time opening them back up, "Greetings Connor its been sometime.", with out another thought closing the distance. With out another word, there it was a kiss on Connor cheek. To step back to give him the space if he even let him place her very welcoming kiss that she greeted everyone with.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Doing a series of pull-ups on the arch, his fingers sore and digging into the rock to support his strong arms as he pulled himself up and down a good few times, he felt another approaching, but he didn’t react. Not until he finished his workout –

18…..19…….20.

Thankful for hitting the final pull, he dropped a good 6 feet to the ground. Feeling a personal pride in what he was doing, he stretched the muscles in his upper body and rubbed his fingers together, turning to look up the path that snaked its way down into the gardens to see who was coming. It was Maya.

Standing still and rubbing his hands, a small smile cracked in the corner of his lips as she came towards him, silver robe flowing behind; that pink Zeltron skin glowing like her smile. The last time Connor had seen Maya with a clear state of mind, she had been with Xander, embracing before departing for the Silver Jedi dominion of Shri-tal…my, how things may have been different should she have caught his eye.

Since losing contact with her after Maya fell to the Sith, Connor had a void of distrust to her and also resentment at her not seeking him out for help. After their growing relationship as Shadows, Connor felt that something was growing between them – but obviously not, and it was snatched away and made him even more bitter towards her.

But that was the last thing he could focus on now. Maya had faltered on her path; Connor had on his also. But Maya was a mother, and a Master. She had come out the other side stronger and more willing than ever to be something wonderful. Connor had been demoted and reduced to nothing but isolation, resentment and personal angst.

Who was he to dare judge?

Her hand raised to silence him, Maya approached and kissed him on the cheek, lowering his body a little for her to reach him. Connor looked at her sideways on, rubbing his hands still, listening as she greeted him after so long.

”Look at you. A Master.”

Connor gave her a bow, and a smile.

”Forgive me, Master Whitelight.”

He took her hand and cupped it in both of his.

”It’s nice to see you again, sister. I hope you are well. Welcome to the Isolated Gardens – my hideaway.”

It was sort of an apology; another apology to another one he had hurt. The more he said sorry, the more times it seemed to lose meaning, so he had to avoid repeating it. Nima, Iella, Thurion, Coci, and now Maya. Just would be next on the list of those Connor had hurt physically or emotionally?

[member="Maya Whitelight"]

The eyes of her's was searching just what was they looking for maybe it was peace or maybe it was something more deeper. Giving a way to a small smile she wasn't one to show her emotions all the time. Oh who was she joking she had this empathy that came out of her.

Only after the fact he took her small hands in hers did she make her self look deeper into those dark eyes of his. Knowing they told a story a sad one but a story never less. Taking a deep breath what would she said or do. "Yes its been a very long and sometime tried path I been on.", as she let your eyes look around. Feeling when she had first came back she had locked herself in her room with all the living plants to give her confront that she sought.

As she search once again for those words to part her mouth. In a way she felt her own guilt in this matter if she would have been there for him. To some how been able to stop all this from happen. "I should have been their for you, no matter what.", It being true that she had just pushed herself away for the fact felt at the time it had been the right thing to do.

"Connor dear, how much we both have endured,", Letting her now drop her own head after letting her own pink eyes of her that was so giving and forgiving. As she reach up with one of her hands not before she took the one out of his own hand reaching up to pat his own cheek in the empathy she had to flow through nature.

"This place is a very beautiful its a good place to be to rebuild one self, her in the very fabric of nature."[member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor looked up briefly as a group of birds flew overhead, and then brought his eyes back down to Maya, looking into his own with that gaze – searching and healing. The two had been through a lot together and had a promise of finding something in their future, but fate took them apart without him ever letting his feelings be known.

He leant his cheek on her hand and closed his eyes, savouring her touch and relaxing as best he could to feel empathy from another of the Order, and one closer to him.

”Thank you.”

Turning, he kissed her soft palm and held her hand in his over his chest.

”You couldn’t have been there. Maya, I’ve heard only a little of your journey and you have been through so much also, but you’ve come out on the other side and look at you – a Master of the Order.”

Smiling, he kept hold of her hand and guided her forward to lead them through the arch and into the gardens, amongst the ruins and sprawling nature.

”I’m trying to find myself again, to re-build my connection with the Order I’ve hurt, and I hate to ask you but, if there is anything you can do to help me, I will listen. If you have time, of course. I know you were on the Council to decide my fate with Master E’ron, so you know what I have become.”

He let go and stood a few steps in front of her; she looked like an angel, the sun illuminating her thin robe from behind. Connor smiled softly at the image.

”Here, where the past meets the present and death is entwined with life, it’s the perfect place for me to stay out of sight and out of the way of others. What are you doing down here anyway?”

Letting the hand of his guild her in a way it felt so nature for her to let this happen. To feel his heart flutter as her hand laid over it. In all things their a way that it words itself out a circle upon which the very life is on. "Connor you know not how it pain me with the others. You such one of strength."

Pausing in what seem to be in a matter of a moment that would turn into a few minutes. In the beauty of it all, she let her lips curve into a smile. "You know I'l be here for you no matter what it is Connor you have my own word as a healer.", pausing for what seem like a while to show him that she was here for him. Letting her own-self be lost for a moment deep in thought. Only to find herself once again as if the very nature of her ability taking hold as if this seem like a nature step to her. Placing her hand in his hair as she weaved her hand through it very softly.

mmm what am I doing out here, that was a good question one she couldn't answer herself up until the moment she saw Connor.

"I need a place of my own quietness one that has its beauty all around, nature can be such a wonderfully healer if one lets it.", Taking her hand a waving it all around. [member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor closed his eyes and let Maya finger his hair, letting his guard down and relaxing, feeling her aura around him and the essence of nature, pulsating in the air and all fauna, animals and even the water flowing behind them.

”Mm. You heal many of the other Jedi also, Master Whitelight, your skill has not gone un-noticed. I feel you healing me already, you’re helping me shut down to embrace life - to embrace the Force, and embrace me as a person.”

He didn’t move as he listened to her and felt her. A small swallow escaped him.

”How are your children, Master? They are very lucky to have you as a mother.”

This brought a pleasing smile upon her own face as could feel how each of his muscle had started to relax. Lending in placing a soft kiss upon his cheek again. All she wanted to do was to give Connor peace after all they been through. Closing her own eyes around only feeling what this was meant to do was to calm the spirit with in.

Couldn't it last longer as she heard the question which only first response was to shed a tear. That traveled the link of her cheek ending up on the ground with the it being drank up replace be a sling stem. "They are safe and growing ", how could she go before the or face what the possibility had happen on the paths she had taken when away from the order. There was the matter of her oldest son that she had to work past that she had to long ago now that he was on his own path to the force that he would some day come back to her whole untouched by the sith darkness.

Even then her own calm with in her waver but she let this pass, now wasn't the place or time to talk about her pass or was it. Finding once again herself back in the balance she need to be to help her dear close brother. Feeling she wanted to say more but couldn't bring herself to say any more.

After Maya finished talking, Connor felt a strong sense of emptiness radiating through her into the Force around him. He couldn’t place it, but something was troubling her.

Taking her hand, Connor began a small series of activities to help relax, to meditate and to embrace the Force. It took a good hour or so, but felt like minutes, each of the Jedi working together to try and understand and control more the Force around them, embracing their emotions and using it to enhance breathing, balance and inner peace.

Connor showed Maya a few of his new acrobatic manoeuvres around the ruins, partly showing off a little to his Shadow sister, remembering the bond they shared and trying not to let the tension and hard times in the Temple extinguish their flame.

Tempted to tell the Master about his ideas for Rhan Var, he refrained from it and instead wiped his brow and sat on a low crumbling wall before her.

”What’s troubling you, Maya? We’ve been through ups and downs, but I’ve known you forever it feels. Talk to me. Use me. Let me help you if I can. I’m not the man I was before.”

A small smile was offered for her to speak if she needed to.

Here she was coming out here to get way from everyone. Giving nothing away as she closed her own eyes to the fact wanted to be somewhere else. Their history they had told her something else but there was something different.

Letting him show off this only brought a smile across her very full lips. Amused wasn't the word to describe what she was feeling right now as watched him come full circle around her with his moves. Ending a few feet from her. Stepping closer to him even then she would feel the heat coming off his body in such a way.

Those words came to her like wind that swirled around her. What troubles her a lot did now days? Coming towards what only could be seen as kind of empathy but was it her or his who was being drawn to who in this very moment. Finding her hand upon his cheek if for a few second before dropping by her side. Finding just room for her to sit beside him. Closing shut her very pinkish eyes of hers.

Listening all around her as if to feel the harmony of the place. "Prefect isn't it the balance of this place how each works in harmony with the other. Why can't our lives be like this place, to be so simple not so complexes. , couldn't help but to give out a long sigh. Knowing that even those each of their their action had brought them to very moment together. How can one really be in control of one self and their path fully with all the variables that stand to changed one path?

Laying her open upon his his own hand. Feeling the very place some how feeling as she did right now. As if some how it had a bond with her to show its only way of caring. As if whispering to her very soul right now that was so full of uncertainty. The one that knew how to care for the very life itself.

Sitting down, Connor rested his elbows on his knees and watched Maya sit beside him, looking full of energy and hope for them both. She began to breathe slowly, closing her eyes and almost blending in with the nature around them; warm colours and sweet smells. Her sigh was loud and full of concern in her voice.

”I think we have come through this as a test, from the Force; from the life around us that feeds our gift. Should we have fallen, we would not be worthy to stand with the Silver Jedi and control such a power that can change the galaxy for the better.”

Maya laid her hand on his over his knees, and he brought up his other hand to cover hers.

”If we weren’t in control of our own lives, we wouldn’t be here now. I would have been exiled, maybe imprisoned for my crimes. You would be standing beside dark forces working against all we stand for.”

Connor turned to look at her.

”We are here, we made the choice. There is always a choice. No matter what any Lords or Masters say. We make the choice, and we live with the choice. It was never going to be easy, but by doing so we have discovered who we really are.”

Gently, he shook her hand in his. For the first time in a while, he felt like he was speaking so much sense and getting through to another Jedi rather than shout, hurt or hit.

”Thank you for finding me again, Maya.”

Listening deeply to all he spoke as the very wind around them had soften between them. Bring them closer together. Last words he spoke only cause her to react it wasn't as if she was giving empathy where it was needed. With him as always been it came natural and easy. Lending into him putting her lips gentle to his cheek kissing it twice.

"I should be the one thank you, my sweet dear Connor"

With that she end into his shoulder finding those beads of sweat that once glean his body was now gone for the time. Finding where his very soul was beating on his chest laying her head there. As if it had always met to be there.

"Even now I know what every we face we face as stronger then we was before. Experince and time is only that will make this grow more deeply give use more wisdom. "

Closing her eyes she didn't something not expected of her as she warmed around them the very nature of the play as if this was their blanket that they was now wrapped around them. Together they would be able to with stand what every darkness came at them or what every the force blew them to next. She had her rock one that knew more then she for sure yes he had been demoted sure. It wasn't that she looked at he ways had been there with her wildness about her, the calmness that her herself need. Feeling something from Connor.

Connor, what you feeling right now?

Connor kicked his boots on the soft gravel beneath them and the ruin, not really one to take honest thanks, as Maya gave him, especially after everything.

”Don’t thank me. I’m just trying to make sense of things.”

As she came closer, he leant back on the arch of the run and stared up at the high trees above, sheltering them from the warm sun and creating a perfect shade. The Temple loomed up above to their left and the water babbled softly with the various birds above in the foliage.

Even though she was a Master, right now she felt like…Maya. The Maya he knew months ago, the Shadow he had nearly died with exploring the catacombs.

A small smile broke on his face as he worked out that where they were months before, facing a raging tunnel of water under the temple probably led down and out towards the small stream they were sat by. So they HAD discovered where the darkness in the temple had led to – it led to them bathing in the light and taking on their strength with the Force.

”What do I feel? I…I feel content and happy that you’re here. You’ve given me a chance and I have to say, I thought you pretty much hated me. I mean, you’re with Master Carrick, am I right, or…? I don’t know. Not my business, sorry. But I feel like I’m on the edge of something, and for once, I feel like I am in control.”

He placed a hand on her shoulder and swung his leg gently as her head lay on his chest. A Master and Padawan they may be in the eyes of the Silver Jedi, but here it felt that rank was insignificant.

”How about you?”

Words struck like a hot poker that been stuck in the fire then put right threw a body part. The quiet that was keep for the longest time. Inside of this ones just like nature all around just not a raging storm any more brewing now it was just pouring. Taking in the quietness all around them. It seem the birds was the ones talking with each other back and forth. Opening of those warm pinkish eyes of hers. Seeing that dark hair of his the way those lashes of his then the his eyes itself. Warmness she could see coming from then it wasn't just the calmness that drew him to him that first time. Up when her slender but wonderful fingers of healing could be so inviting in his hair.

"Is that what you think, I could never hated you.", her very own fingers tips placing on smoothness of his very define jaw line. Slowly stroking cheek bone. In her eyes there was a dazing part or was it a puzzlement what was it when she was with Connor she forgot all else it was just her and me. "I ..I..", couldn't bring herself to say anything more. Bring the very image, very first time they met caught one of her peaches. Peace is that what Connor brought to her of what could rage inside of her was now calm, the storm was over not just for now. With him it would never rage or feel that she had to became someone she wasn't no this was her being herself.

How the slip of that very arm around her shoulder told her so much. "I feel the calm more at peace, with you. Since that very first time meeting you under that peach tree, more now then every...Connor ..it feel so nature and right.", closing her own eyes letting a few drops come flowing down her cheeks. If one kissed the grown it would spout up something so beauty and lovely. Open her eye up getting lost into his dark eyes. I feel something...w.", not able to let the rest of the words flow past her parting lip or was something wonderful happen at that very moment.

Listening to Maya, it was clear she was struggling with a mix of emotions in her mind and how to explain it. He felt the strain on her from being a mother, a Master of the Order and dealing with those in need of help on Voss and beyond. But still she was here again with him, in another part of the gardens in the grounds where they first met a long time ago.

”I remember that meeting, I met a lot new faces that day but the Zeltron stuck out to me.”

He gently swept back the dark hair from her brow, fingers tracing her pink skin above her eyes as if trying to relax and calm her. No Force application, just tender feelings and calm.

”What are you feeling Maya. You can tell me. I will be what you need me to be, because right now I am but a Padawan, a learner and a student of the Force and those above me until I can become what I was destined to be – the sword of the Silver Jedi.”

Focusing on her lips as she breathlessly let the words fail her, he watched her for a moment too long and looked up at the looming Temple.

”If you feel calm in me, if you feel peace – it means I am one step closer to being the Connor you remember, but stronger. More focused and one who will protect everything he holds dear.”

Connor smiled softly and continued to swing his leg from the arch they were leaning on, feeling totally relaxed and calm for the first time in a long time, as if there were no expectations on him. It was simply time for him to discover himself and become something wonderful. And by protecting those he held dear, one of those he held close was Maya, the one who had guided him in his early days of the Order.

Touch of his fingers gentleness of all that was finding herself wanting more then anything to want to be closer with him. To share more with him of her problems or the complex of what she had made it to be. More and more she was finding this very thing she could.

This Zeltron needs you more then every right now, not as a padawn or what you can be for me, I need you I need you to be my equal, to not judge me."

What she had done almost 10 months ago was catching up to her in ways she herself didn't seem possible. Closing her eyes letting his very touch smooth her to her very core inside of her. She was tried of run, tried of making raw choice to lead her down a path of her own choosing. Now she had to think clearly what she really wanted. There it was hold dear to him. This causing the eyes flash open in them clearly looking at Conor.

Hold dear treasure me always, no matter where the force blows us like the swirling wind. I want you to be that tree of life rooted deeply that can stand through anything still be upright weather through anything that comes our way.

Right now that what was need from him, to be there for the very reason. Creasing his very lips with finger tips finding that with out nothing else but something stir deep inside of her. It seem that all was left for right now was to lend forward with another word, planting single heart felt. Kiss from her very lips but what ran from them was absolute and pureness of what she had for him. It had always been there locked away hidden.

Bring her own lips to from those words that she felt even when she had been falling he had been falling.

Conor you feels what us have with in us with in me, what I felt from you. Purest from its the nature of this that has got us through to the other side together each of us on our own path. I always felt this. for you.

Placing another well met kiss that would let all her feelings be there for him to see nothing hiding at this moment she was open to him. All her cares was his all her burdens was his also, she wanted to have that rock that knew Connor was to her to keep her rooted into the very ground that both walked on. He wasn't getting the Maya that every in the order seen he was getting the one part of her that no one truly knew that was there even herself didn't know for sure up to that moment. Knowing their was no turning back.

You feel it to don't you..its pure

A flock of birds broke from the trees above the two Jedi in conversation, catching Connor’s eyes as they flew in a small circle. He brought his eyes down to see Maya looking at him, and his heart began to thump inside his chest.

Badum-badum-badum

His interpretation of Master Whitelight was far different than the figure she was presenting before him now. Having isolated himself from her after her brush with the Dark Side and involvement with Xander Carrick, Connor had easily forgotten the time they had shared close as brother and sister of the Shadows. With his recent problems, Maya had been the last think on his mind, but now she had found him in the Isolated Gardens and it felt different this time.

She spoke short, powerful words and Connor felt his hands become tight, his boot tapping on the arch, something of a quick nervous twitch, not know what was going to happen.

Her words seem to convey she wanted Connor in a way no-one else ever had, except Nima. But Nima… Connor’s mind raced with thoughts of the Padawan and the cruel abuse he had inflicted on her, physically and emotionally. But, he hadn’t been himself when that happened, saying the words that meant so much to her were words of the Taung and a deeply conflicted, nasty Jedi Knight.

Then, without warning, her lips met his in a kiss.

Connor paused for a moment and returned the kiss gently, sitting still and feeling lighter than air.

A Master wanting emotional connection with a Padawan, a disgraced Knight? Was this a test? Connor hated that thrill that a Master was pouring herself over him and actually admiring him for who he was.

”May…”

Before he could say anything, her alluring aura silenced him as she caressed his jaw and she kissed him again, this time Connor felt his hand some up from the wall and hold her wrist.

It felt like a lifetime between them, and the Force between them swirled with the natural energy of the garden around them.

Maya pulled away first, leaving Connor looking at her, more confused than ever. It took a second for him to pull himself together.

”Maya…you’re…Xander. What about Xander? Your children? You have a family, don’t you? I…”

He swallowed and felt all warm and humid, even sat in his vest and combat trousers.

”I’m a broken man, Maya – I’m not the Jedi you once knew. I’m dangerous, I’m…I’m trying to be someone better and stronger…I’m a loose cannon. I’m confused…why did you kiss me…?”

It was a test. It had to be.

There what about her children that was the reason she came so far out way from everyone. To think about the situation. Shaking a little bit only to push this down inside of her where it need to be. Connor he need her right now. Feeling just where he was at this moment.

"I kissed you the same reason you kissed me back"

Pausing for a moment as if she move on or to break way. Feeling that he pulling way, she took her own thumb to rub in a circle on his cheek. Finding noting for the time, but to hum a very soft melody that she once found so smooth. Looking herself to the moment was this a weakness or something else.

"Your not a broken man, what I see before me is something wonderfully taking shape. You being dangerous not any more then some of my creatures I am caretaker of.

Taking her time with the next few words how much would she let him in on. All of it or none of it all with that her own lips spread a part.

Connor look at me truly look deeply with in me, do I feel like the same when we first met, if you only knew what happen...

Turning her head away from him for a few moment to gave herself, even Xander didn't know fully all that had taken place or what she had done to try and get her son back. Only to have that chance ripped from her, it as if her heart had stop beating that day. Everything that she didn't know she did try to make up for what was lost to her.

Knowing now why she kissed Connor could she bring herself to say out loud.

Connor I need you more then you realize could know, I need you to listen.

What really need was someone that would listen to her and not be bend to wanting to go killing every one that she had crossed paths with.

Look at me truly deep with inside me, I'm not that person that I was, no not the carefree would go where every the wind would blow, no matter what the punishment might be waiting for me, there is things that I'm not proud of ...

With you as she looked at him with her tear stain eyes. Once again there was that desire to speak more.Could she bring to tell him the secret that she been keeping from everyone. One that she only found out herself. That the force was playing a great cruel joke on her.

Kissing him once again, before she laid her head upon his chest. Not knowing if he would let her or not to her that what she need more then anything she needed him.

I need you Connor broken or not I need you to be my tree no matter what to lend on. I need you Connor the gentleness of your soul.

It was lust she was speaking of far from it but something deeper down and greater she wanted the one thing she need more then anything. He could be that for the future.

Connor’s hand started shaking a little – a mix of adrenalin, nerves and confusion. How to act now? He was all over the place and it was a dangerous feeling to have, when before it caused him to be violent and aggressive. But, he couldn’t do that with Maya; he had known her for over a year and been through little with her, but shared so much.

She spoke softly but her words resonated with great importance, making Connor feel he had such a part to play in helping her find her way forward.

As he touched him, he sighed and closed his eyes again, turning his head and kissing her hand as he relaxed once more and allowed the Force around them to penetrate his body and connect him to Maya’s aura and also the natural power of the Silver Jedi surrounding them.

There were many questions Connor wanted to ask, and answers he hoped she would give him, but maybe not wasn’t the best time. The time was moving forward to when Connor would have to seek his own answers, and no-one could know what he was doing.

And she kissed him, again. Connor sat still and hesitantly moved his lips over hers, glancing them gently but without injecting any passion. He wanted to, more than ever, right there on the archway in their privacy of the Isolated Gardens, but too much was holding him back.

”Maya – “ he stroked her hair back from her face as she rested on his chest, ” – you must tell me what you need to. I am here, I will listen. We shared so much and I didn’t think you felt this way.”

He shifted under her, and wrapped his arm across her chest in a protective way.

”I have to continue with my progression back into the Silver Jedi – I can’t afford to risk hurting you until I return. I fear I won’t be able to be your rock now, because I’ve let so many people down, and if I hurt you again…well…”

Connor didn’t need to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom