Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bracing Breeze of Bakura

The Vynea Homestead
Bakura
Ears of wheat and corn bowed before the steady breeze of Bakura, fields aplenty lining every horizon and casting a golden glow over the placid, peaceful world. It was not a place she had visited in quite some time, not since last the Je'daii had converged at the Standing Stones.

It had been longer still since she had been alone in the company of a particular Zabrak, he who had pulled her from the very fringes of insanity and set her on a path toward managing the curse she had been put under. A kindly soul, someone she looked to for guidance and reassurance. So much had happened since they parted ways, and though there had been plenty of times when she would have liked to call upon him it wasn't until now that she allowed herself that privilege.

Inhaling a small breath, she approached the home of [member='Sargon Vynea'] with timid footsteps. She had come a long way since Myrkr, gotten a firm grasp upon the throws of the Force, and stabilized the curse which remained locked inside her. There were times that it leaked out, that her skin would turn ashen and prickle with the promise of fire, but more often than not she was able to snuff it before it arose.

A different girl all together, yet one who still longed for his teachings and company.

With that in mind her steps became significantly more confident and purpose-filled. One hand rose to drum against the door, the other fidgeted at her side.

It only dawned on her in that moment that he might not even be home, might not even reside there anymore. But it was too late to turn back, she'd already made her presence here known.

A broad smile broke the concentration of Sargon as he couldn't help a slight trill of excitement, he had a much awaited visitor. He knew her signature within the Force well, and with a rather joyous bounce came to his feet as he swept open the door even as her fist descended to knock. Barefoot he picked her up in glee swirling her around in the air like a small child, before putting her down and trying to gain some form of decorum. "Hello, Jyn, you should have told me you were coming, I'd have prepared better! At the least I'd have gotten some fresh wine in, something light and sweet, but enough of my prattle! Come in, come in!"

He went about settling her into the meditation room, "So my busy girl, tell me what you have been doing? How goes the Order on far flung worlds? Come, come, I haven't been this excited since I don't know when, and don't skip the details."

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Before she could so much as comprehend what was happening, the young Sol found herself scooped up off the ground and held within the embrace of the Zabrak she saw more of a father figure than anything else, their time together on Myrkr had been long, yet peaceful, without the Force to guide or interfere they had gotten to know one another well, and she felt content in his company even now. Happy to simply curl up with a book and know that he was on the other side of the room, doing his own thing. Alone, together.

Of course they had done things together too, explore the wonderful - if dangerous - landscape, build a home to reside within, played games of holo-chess and novacrown, tended to the various kittens he had managed to acquire. She'd be lying if she said she didn't miss their Myrkr hut.

"I apologize, I really should have called ahead but I wasn't thinking straight."

Back on her feet she found herself ushered into his abode. It smelled as she had anticipated, a lingering scent of incense lightly laced the air, foreign foods mingled in with it. She was curious as to just what he had been cooking. Down by her feet one of the kitties had come to greet her, walking around her ankles and threatening to trip her up. It was no small feat to remain on her feet.

"The Order is well, Sargon," she informed him with a grin she couldn't quite keep from her face, "And I am better than I have been in a long time. You'll be pleased to know that curse of mine is mostly under wraps, I barely even have to think about it these days. Had a few odd adventures, ended up almost arrested on Tatooine though it was a big misunderstanding. Mostly though we've been working on Aurum, and expanding into other territories. Midvinter and Ceto are the latest two. Enough about me, though... How have you been? I've missed you dearly, old friend."

It was then that Kipo lifted his fuzzy little head from within her satchel, and stared up at the Zabrak with rather beady eyes. The fat monkey seemed intrigued and surprised all at once, before nestling back into the leather bag in search of some dried fruit.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon listened pleased to hear of her continual progress, as for him there wasn't really much to tell. "I've been well, a bit boring for a story really to be honest. I spend most of my time meditating and dreaming of by gone days. It could be worse, the First Order doesn't bother me, or even know my name really so I live a quiet enough life. It's hard sometimes watching their grasp grow across my old home, but time stops for no man, and the Force is always in motion. Life is always in motion. I'm pleased to see your progress though, and I see you've gained a little friend as well. He's more then welcome to come out, it's almost dinner time and I've plenty of fresh fruits and greens. As for you, I've got something with a bit more substance."

Standing up he walked out of the room for a moment before returning with a rather full tray. "I've a rather thick stew I've had going for some time now, luckily I made a batch that would have lasted for days for me, so plenty for the both of us." Placing a bowl before each of them and some water he also left a few pieces of various fruits on the tray for his unknown guest. Some a bit exotic, but the Force only knew how far the little guy had gone with Jyn across the galaxy. "I don't get guests that often though, so I apologize for the lack of variety for us, the monkey though he's got quite the selection."

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Still the grin remained.

She could not help it, at this point it was somewhat infectious. Kipo stuck his head back out of the satchel, then one hand which clutched a rather large nut. With determination the little guy managed to pry open the shell, munching on the innards. With a shake of her head Jyn looked back to Sargon.

"I am glad that your presence here goes unnoticed, I'd be lying if I said the First Order didn't unnerve me. The Je'daii have only visited Bakura en mass once since their occupation, a time I'm sure you recall. For the most part the Silent Stones are left alone, minded by whichever Ranger has the nerve to remain out here. They aren't the kind of folks who believe different Force Sects can live in unison, from what I've heard. All or nothing kind of guys."

It reminded her of the Inquisition, which forced a shiver along her spine. Even now she found it difficult to look at Atrisians, though their Emperor and those responsible for such heinous treatment of Force Users had been slaughtered many moons ago.

An offering of stew was produced, and Jyn gladly sat down at the table to enjoy the meal with her dear friend. By this point Kipo was out entirely, oggling the fruits with eager eyes and grabby hands.

"It's okay, Kipo" she soothed him, and with that confirmation he took his first bite.

"It is perfect, my friend, you know I do not want for much. I will find a way to earn my supper, if you'll allow it." Jyn enjoyed helping where she could, and if that meant doing the dishes, or helping in the garden, or something of the sort, then she absolutely would.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon shrugged, as he watched the monkey quite amused at it's antics. "My presence isn't even on the First Order's radar, officially I'm an odd hermit who lives in the middle of nowhere who lives off dividends from lucky breaks. I pay my taxes, and own this land under a different name to keep things safe and simple. I don't cause a ruckus, well officially at least. I do however have something you could help me with, Jyn. It's not a small thing though, but it's possible the Order could benefit from it."

Standing up the Zabrak brushed of his hands as he began moving dishes back into his kitchen with her. "You know I was once the Governor of Bakura, I oversaw this place for the Fringe Confederacy for many years as a loyal servant. It was a job that brought me much satisfaction and honor. In truth it still does, and some still need me. Bakura hasn't known the true devastation of war yet. It could come soon given galactic affairs, but it may not. What is here though is the First Order, and they are not a benevolent ruler. Before they came my Legion the 121st called Bakura home, they protected it with their lives, they became Bakurains really this point, just like I did. Some have retired and gone on to civilian jobs, some found spots within the new regime that did their old training justice. Some though have found it difficult or live in exile, and are still fighters at heart. Many of them have families now the First Order isn't making it easy for the legionaries. The Order has temples throughout the galaxy, and they could use someone to watch over them. I'd love to say one day I'll call them home, but that flag will most likely never fly again. I'll stay here and watch over my people, even without power, but they need to move on."

[member="Jyn Sol"]

She listened as he turned from information to request, and could not help but perk an eyebrow at the way he was speaking. He didn't seem so certain that she would accept whatever it was he was asking her to do, or perhaps he felt bad for having to ask it in the first place, either way she brought her empty dishes through into the kitchen alongside him.

"What is it you would ask of me?" she inquired, before continuing to listen as he further explained himself.

And then it hit her.

"They need a new start, just as I did when you found me unconscious with the Hex's." She cleaned off the dishes as the thought on this for a moment, he was right it was not an easy request and yet by helping them she would also be helping to guard the Temples they called home, they would be providing these people with a chance at living freely again without the grip of an oppressive government lingering overhead.

"Of course," she finally said, with a firm nod that brokered no doubt, "It is the least we can do. Azar City would prove a great place to house their families, it's population is far too small to be efficient. Have the men on rotation between active duty and time off on Aurum..." She didn't want to break up families, but it wasn't exactly viable to add a whole extra city onto each Temple they created, especially not in some places such as Ceto where they were trying to make their presence as minimal as possible.

"How many men? And added to that, how many strong are the families?"

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

He couldn't help the broad smile as she agreed to take them in, they'd be happy under her command. Perhaps a bit bored, but that was the way of patrolling, safe and boring. "I'd say no more then sixty thousand, and maybe less then that. Many of them are past fighting prime, but they can train well and form your senior chain of command. After that if you supply them with recruits they'll know what to do. They have their own weapons and armor, old Fringe gear, but you can get them other if you'd like. There are some prime members still within them, I'd band them together for your elite. Search and rescue that sort of thing. They'll be grateful, and that will bring their loyalty just treat them well, and they'll have your back through hell itself."

Walking away from the dishes he pulled up something on a readout scanning names and numbers. "Families are harder to tell, some will come alone some will bring wife and children. I just don't honestly know, talking is getting strained as Bakura falls more and more under the sway of the First Order. I had many more hands once upon a time in the lower ranks, but time thins that out. Not the lower ranks of the First Order mind you, but the civilian infrastructure of Bakura itself. Some are still there and have just moved on, wiser men then me I suppose. This exodus won't go unnoticed, but I don't know if they'll care. As I said they are already questioned loyalties so perhaps they'll just be happy to see them gone."

Entering several lines into the display he waited till they were all through then shut it off before turning back to Jyn. "It's done, they'll be a trickle then a flood, and then a last trickle before it all stops. They won't be able to return, but I know you'll give them fine new homes. Thank you, Jyn, this means a lot to me."

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Sixty Thousand.

While to many in the current Galactical climate that would not seem like much at all, a number which could be wiped out in mere seconds if the right army got to them, to the likes of Jyn it was quite a humbling number to hear. She blinked at Sargon for a moment, before looking past him into the rest of the kitchen, pondering it over in her mind.

Azar was more than able to integrate their families, of that she had no doubt, the City was vast yet severely under populated. If anything it would blossom under the promise of more bodies, new businesses could open, future prospects could be worked upon. It would be a fantastic step toward rebuilding what had been lost.

"I will keep in mind all that you have told me, to take full advantage of their strengths. As ever you assist the Order you do not serve far more than you have need to, and the good people of Azar City will appreciate the new lease of life this will bring. We will treat them well, old friend, they will not have to worry over their future again. They will not know the oppressive grip of a dictatorship going forward. This I swear to you."

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

He grinned at her softly as he considered her words. "Don't make promises you can't keep, neither you or I control the great nations that move right now. Empires seem to be popping up by weeds, and any day they could swallow up the influence of all our homes. Instead simply promise to take care of them, and they in turn will take care of you and your people. I know you'll make me proud, Jyn. You always do."

Wiping the last dish dry he walked away from the heavy conversation and beckoned her to follow him into the meditation room. Crossing his legs as he sat he nodded to a spot across from him for her to follow. "Tell me, Jyn, how does one find what they seek in the Force? Even the Sith who attempt to wrestle it to their will can take quite some time. So how does the body sustain while the mind and spirit search for wisdom?" Closing his eyes he embraced the Force letting it permeate his every pore, not that it was ever really far away now.

Touching his mind to her's he waited for her to accept it before moving them out over the galaxy as the light of the Force moved and swayed ever in motion. It's song always just out of reach, but if you remained silent for long enough it longed for you to hear it's call. It was always humble me, just how small I am in the flow of it all. So many have come before who thought they moved the galaxy to their tune, and yet still it marches on the same silent cues that have always called it to and fro.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

"I'd keep those promises, to the best of my ability, though I understand where you're coming from. I promise, then, to do right by them regardless of where our situations take us."

With the dishes finished, Jyn followed Sargon to what looked to be a space intended for meditations and therein proceeded to sit across from him. It felt like the good old days back on Myrkyr, when he was teaching her to regain control of her emotions, of the Force, to learn how to counteract the curse. She could not help but smile.

"The Force does not give us what we want or need, it is not some trove of knowledge that can be unlocked with the right words, nor will it make all of our dreams come true or our problems obsolete. It's not a genie granting wishes..." That smile turned into a subtle frown, "But learning how to utilize it in a beneficial manner can be done, it comes down to intent. The Force, and those aspects deemed "powers", isn't inherently good or bad, it's down to how it's used."

Was that even a response to his initial question? Who knew. Jyn had always had a problem of over analyzing things... It was in her nature.

"If you accept the Force for what it is, if you do not seek to corrupt and force it in random directions, it is capable of doing wonderful things. Giving yourself over to it can allow you to do as you seek, to search for days on end without tiring, or hungering, it will sustain your body while your mind is at work."

Her eyes had closed by this point, breathing natural as she focused instead on the words which graced her mind.

How she had missed this.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

He smiled at her as he enjoyed the philosophical play, you didn't strengthen such thing by simply agreeing though, you challenged it. "Yet, the Sith follow no such natural way, theirs is the way of strength and attempting to bind it to their will. Still you see strength in the Force aplenty, and their Masters are no less then either the Je'daii or the Jedi. Is not the Force Sensitive themselves able to utilize it as they wish despite your belief in it's own way. Is a living Force so corruptible, or is it even capable of corruption?"

Drawing her over the galaxy and through a dozen worlds he let their voices mark him, millions of lives within the Force their light shining clearly even among the darker worlds. "All of this strife, tell me why, Jyn. Why does the Force allow it? Some believe it a natural force like a river that cannot be dammed but dipped from, others like a tool to be bent to need, and others a living thing that has a will all it's own. A plan that even still continues it's purpose through all of galactic history. We stand in the greatest age of strife of all times, even before the plague in the times of war there was nothing like this. How many governments have fallen to ash leaving bitter tastes in people's mouths and babes with no parents. How many worlds destroyed over ambitions that lasted no longer then their flags. Where is your balance in this, or is this the balance?"

[member="Jyn Sol"]

As beautiful as the sights in his headspace were, Jyn still could not help but frown at the contents of his words.

She knew he was simply debating with her, they had done much of that back on Myrkr to fill the time, it was one of the many things they had in common and she would not have it any other way. But still, she was not quite as unbiased as Asha was. Her experiences with the Sith in her youth had left her rather jaded against them, something she had tried to fix but deep down she knew it was going to take a lot more than she was capable of.

"The Force is not some entity which can reach down its hand and stop us from doing what we do. It may provide the means to alter reality as we know it, but that does not mean it can choose to interfere. And as for the Sith... They do not corrupt the Force without consequence. Their bodies become twisted over time, the Darkside of the Force eats away at them until they are wholly reliant upon it. Like a leech it drains them of their sanity, of their strength, even as they use it to strengthen themselves."

Jyn had seen it first had, the corruption which manifested itself within adherents of Bogan. It had been one of the factors which had her defying the Sith at all turns back on Korriban.

[member="Sargon Vynea"]

He smiled as he considered her words, he always enjoyed their debates. She had made some good points throughout them as well, but she'd always remained as open minded as she could throughout. "The Force cannot reach down and effect us? Of course it can, there is no greater example of that then yourself, my dear girl. You were no practitioner of the Sith arts when the attack on your spirit moved to your body. If it was simple corruption for using the Force so darkly it would have fallen on my brother. No, one way or the other the Force touched you directly. It has always been my belief that those dark entities within the Force are not the Force itself, but rather incredibly powerful users of the dark side. Users seen once a millennia who simply refuse to give up their identity and rejoin the Force. In their passion and strength they and clove to it, but not part of it. These are the old mad gods of the Sith, men and women who have most likely even forgot themselves who they once were. He attracted one with his hate, and torture. One who enjoyed the cruel deed enough to join in on it as best they could. From what I gather he'd never expected such a thing and was haunted by it until you brought him justice."

Opening his mind to sit up high over the galaxy of colors and light he stayed silent allowing her to retort. Some would have seen it as cruel to bring up her own personal pain, but nothing taught wisdom like personal pain. Those who survived and rose above it were strengthened by it, and Jyn had long ago grew beyond it. Even if sometimes she might doubt it, her deeds spoke for her.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

For a moment all that Jyn could do was sit there.

She had never really looked at the situation with Arthos in that way, but Sargon was completely correct. The curse was not something the Zabrak had conjured up, far from it the remorse he had shown in the days following was evidence enough of that though he did try to use it to his advantage once she had some sort of grasp on it. To refer to it as such now was of course a drastic overstatement, she was barely holding on to the strands of her sanity until [member='Sargon Vynea'] brought her to Myrkr and showed her what it was to live without the Force.

"I didn't want to kill him," Jyn finally whispered, after what felt like an eternity, and already she could feel the solid grasp she had over her curse begin to slip away at the mere thought of it, forgetting the current train of thought they had been on in favour of remorse, "I just wanted the madness to end... Perhaps you are right, perhaps the Force is capable of intervening, but why it would choose to impose itself upon me in such a way, rather than stop some of the atrocities in this Galaxy, I do not know."

Dark entities, indeed.

He moved his mind around her in a gentle embrace of calm, a mental hug one could say. "Because I don't think it was simply the Force in that case, it was one of the presences inside the Force that refuses to join. At this point they may not even realize they were once mortal, but they do corrupt as much as they can. After all if you read the old ways of the Je'daii you don't notice the practitioners so much as dark but more emotional based. The simplest reason for this is once upon a time the 'dark side' was not quite so damning. The Force itself acts constantly I believe on life, to preserve it and help it to grow. Sometimes that does include war and violence yes. Do you know there are trees that won't even reproduce unless set fire to? Sometimes the galaxy becomes stale, it stops moving like a river in a drought. When that happens life falters, the spread of cultures and ways stop. The chance for ignorance greatly increases and many times it is war that sends the pot stirring. Does that mean I think the Force is pro destruction though? Not at all, it's growing us all for something, or maybe that is the purpose of life. Growth and change."

Standing up he moved over besides Jyn before sitting back down wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "My brother was lost, it wasn't you who killed him, it was him. He made choices that he'd never even considered the consequences for, he couldn't escape from his own evil deeds. You did, and you make me proud every day. I can assure you of this though, he was not angry at death, and he looked forward to the embrace of the Force. What you did was as much mercy as it was desperation."

[member="Jyn Lorr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom