Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Box in The Maze

A long time ago...

The bruised, bloody lipped teen in the oversized spiky jacket had never been this deep in the underworks of Nar Shaddaa. She'd taken a wrong turn after being beaten for whatever scraps she'd managed to steal and had only gone deeper into the dark alley, one of a million she had traversed on the horrible city planet.

Still...she wasn't quite familiar with this alley...and a little disoriented from the punch to her face earlier.

Laertia decided to do her magic trick...her 'vanishing' act. She teleported ahead...

...and somehow teleported back to the entrance of the alley. Puzzled. She tried again, and it happened again. She ran through where she had first arrived...and ended up at the dark end of the alley.

Now frightened, the pale skinned girl with the messy black hair and gray eyes began to try and logic her way out of the situation.

There were places on Nar Shaddaa, The street legends said. Places that did not make sense. The teen had never put stock or interest in legends. There was only the here. Only the now. Only the next meal.

She started feeling the walls. They weren't the normal durasteel for this portion of the city. This was brick. She hardly ever saw bricks.

Her stomach grumbling, both from hunger and the beating she had gotten trying to keep her credits--she'd failed--she quickly looked for irregularities in a trash ridden alley that had seemingly no escape.

She searched for an hour. Nothing. Her left eye was black from the punch and starting to swell. In frustration she started angrily kicking the brick wall, which was solid against a steel toed leather boot. She tried running, only to end up back at the point she started running once more. Hyperventilating now. She delivered one more empty, defeated kick to the wall, scared and alone, and starting to grasp the severity of the situation.

One brick gave...it broke apart and fell inward...and then the structure of the brick wall rattled and collapsed.

(Zelda Unlocking Chime plays)

The injured teen saw only darkness beyond. Having no other outs she creapt inside...

(Zelda Fairy Fountain Theme plays)

It was an elaborate azure chamber with finely crafted stained glass green windows, and a grand alcove depicting a stylized star. Steps led up to a small pool that rippled constantly, kissed by green flames.

The weary, injured girl, knowing she was in an extremely dangerous situation, thought about backing out and running, but not wanting to spend another minute in that paradox alley, cautiously walked to the rippling, flaming pool, balls of green fire coalescing as she passed by.

She reached the edge of the circular pool.

"Indeed you are powerful..." came a dark, feminine voice from the lake that was likely accented...

"Huh? A tahlky layke? Hoo iz dhat?" The crude speaking teen uttered, looking around her.

"I sense in you great potential, Child..." the Lake replied, its waters twisting and shaping into a curvy though still somewhat vague female shape, startling the girl.

"Whadda ya wantz?" The teen asked, the mistrust and fear giving her stare and tone a harde edge to them.

"You are the only one worthy of what I offer...the only one worthy to even find this place."

"All I wantz iz ta' leave dhis playce wit' muh lyfe." The teen spoke. "Wateva ya' sellin', I ain't intrested."

"Not even if what I 'sell' is strength?" The water spirit asked.

The mousy, diminutive teen stopped.

"Dhere's lotsa kindz 'a' strong. Spe-ci-ficks?" The teen asked.

"The strength thats the most practical...the physical...physical strength builds cities. Or tears down ruins..." the Water Spirit answered, gesturing to the images on the windows. One depicted a Jedi lifting a great stone block, and another surrounded by a bubble symbol.

"I sense in you a great warrior, young one. You would benefit from my blessing in the trials I see in your future..."

"Ain'tz no warriorz in dhis 'ere playce. Justa hood anda ghost." The teen replied with a shake of her head.

"You do not see it yet. You will. If you wish, you may leave...nothing saying you have to accept...and go back to being the punching bag of every thug stronger than you. It is your choice..." the Spirit conceded.

The teen was hesitant now. She thought of bolting, but the sting of humiliation at having all the food she stole ripped from her hung over her still.

"Whatz yer' pryce?" The teen asked suspiciously. "Yooz ain't gettin' muh soul..."

"Such a bargain would be trivial to me, young one..." the Water Spirit replied. "I ask only for one thing in return..."

"Whatz?"

The watery figure paused a moment.

"I'll leave it open ended...don't worry...nothing 'evil'." The spirit answered slyly.

The teen knew it was a bad deal. That there was no telling what it would ask for...but the young woman knew she needed an edge on the street. More than what she already had. Her magic trick could only go so far...

"Wat next, then?" The teen asked, narrowing her eyes.

The spirit offered a watery hand. The teen took it after a moments hesitation.

Green fire surrounded her, and she felt something tingling, an electrical sensation, albeit painless.

"I give you a great blessing...The Heart of Memphus...your strength shall equal that of the mightiest of Wookiees..."

"Whoz Memphus?" The teen asked.

"Oh don't worry about it right now. It'll become relevant later...interesting..."

The green fire danced over the young woman's skin painlessly. "What's interesting?"

"You possess a natural resistance to the Force...it was actually a little harder to give you the blessing than I thought...Oh, you are going to be a 'nightmare' once you figure out how to increase that..."

The fire vanished around her. The Spirit pointed to the exit.

"Go in peace, young one. May the Force be with you..." the Spirit called out as the teen calmly backed out and then fled the strange chamber...

Arrived to Geonosis in: Blessing of Loste (Dynamic Class Freighter)

Armed with: Constant Gardener (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/138535-constant-gardener/)

Wearing: Hoodlum's Leathers (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/138757-hoodlums-leathers/)

With: Moya Virtu (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/138583-alchemized-biot-moya-virtu/)

Laertia Io bolted awake in her bed, in the middle of her pink, polka dot captains quarters, surrounded by photos of her marksman comrades...all except Uri, whose photo was turned down. Pictures of her hugging her rabbits were even more prevalent.

The ex-Shadow got up, looked for her pain medication, found it was empty, and almost immediately felt a migraine start. She groaned, her scarred face wincing in pain, unable to focus. She rolled around her bed in pain for five minutes before it subsided. She stumbled out of bed, fell on the floor, got up woozily and showered, then threw on her thuggish armor and went to the cockpit where she found Moya in her pilot form steering through Geonosis's atmosphere. The currently dark skinned biot turned, smiled and invited her into the co-pilot seat.

"Outta pills again, Moya...and I don' thynk theyz too strong eeder..." Laertia spoke gruffly, shuddering at the memory of the Water Spirit.

Moya sighed, leaned back as she stabilized the craft. Laertia could not pilot legally.

"We've been over this, Io...you take anything stronger you could damage your liver...and your body needs time to unwind from whats already in your system. Pluuuussss...you're out of money..."

"I won't bee iff I git whatz in duh centa 'a' dhat chaymba...yuh surez dhey opening duh Mazey-maze ta-dayz?"

"Very sure..." the sultry voiced biot answered. "They open The Diamond Maze in one hour in fact. I timed it just right...you really think we can reach the center?"

"Ain't no fanncie sayf ben inventuhd yett dhat could keepz me outz..." Laertia answered firmly.

Moya reached into her pocket.

"One bottle left. Take it--"

Laertia popped two into her mouth and swallowed.

"--Responsibly..." Moya said with an eye roll as she piloted to a landing pad. Laertia was already up, running for the hatch. Moya, dressed in a black armorweave bodyglove sighed and followed her, flicking long, currently reddish hair from her face and followed her charge to keep an eye on her and make sure she didn't get herself killed...

The Diamond Maze was what they were here for, an old, death trap ridden vault designed by an old stage magician. More than a few magicians had tried to breach its interior. Most had died. It's entrance was deep on the outskirts of the mountain ranges. It was the sort of prize Moya the biot knew Laertia could not resist...

Which was also why she was deciding how to break the info about that strange package to Laertia, because it conflicted with her programming to take care of her.

The Maze and its prize would buy time, if nothing else...

Most had not been someone like Laertia

[member="Atlas Darclynn"]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom