Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bounty Hunter's Guild

Bounty Hunter's Guild

0Dy0S6f.jpg

resurgence
/rɪˈsəːdʒ(ə)ns/
noun
noun: resurgence; plural noun: resurgences
an increase or revival after a period of little activity, popularity, or occurrence.
The bounty boards of the Holonet had stagnated for some time, and that was not for a lack of war. It was for a lack of hunters. The Bounty Hunter's Guild had remained silent for some time, leadership fell through and Hunters went rogue. There was no honor or creed to fall back on without a guild to keep order.

Then a message came through. The first in a very long time. The virtual cobwebs that haunted the empty forums of the guild were brushed away by warm hands. Green text filled the newsfeed of the guild, simple and straight to the point; resurgence.

The guild would be once more.

341-banner-1416174764.jpg

The revival of the Bounty Hunter's Guild is an attempt to bring back the Wild West to Star Wars. To bring law and order to a naturally anarchic career. Like the Smugglers Code, the Bounty Hunter's Guild looks to unite fellow Hunters with a creed. Those who do not belong to the creed are open game.

The Bounty Hunter's Guild will have an array of features, with more to come. These consist of; Corporate Sponsorships, Mentorships, Faction Hunting Licenses. I have received the privilege of leading this Guild, and from the words of the former leadership, I will provide information on these features.

Q: What is a Corporate Sponsorship?

A: A corporate sponsorship is an incentive package provided by a Company to a Bounty Hunter for the mutual benefit of both parties.

Q: What sort of benefits would a Bounty Hunter get from a Corporate Sponsorship?

A: It depends on the sponsorship program as outlined by the Company. No sponsorship program will be the same, but the Guild will be maintaining a very loose base line in the form of the Template.

Q: What sort of benefits would a Company get from a Corporate Sponsorship?

A: Advertisement, mainly. Elevating your Bounty Hunter to the highest of prestige will make him renown throughout the Galaxy's Factions and idealized by all other Bounty Hunters. Bounty Hunters are elite fighters - most items created for them may also be purchased by Major Factions and other parties. However, depending on your sponsorship package, you may also take some dough back home depending on how active your Bounty Hunter is and how many Bounties he's collected.

Q: Why use the Guild as a middle-man? Why not just offer our own solo sponsorship package?

A: Well, mainly it depends on the Bounty Hunter. And some companies might just do exactly that, and some Bounty Hunters might find it more beneficial to leave the Guild to pursue these sponsorships. However, the Bounty Hunter's Guild believes that we serve as a prestigious organization that offers not only legitimacy to it's members, but also protection. If a Bounty Hunter enters a bad contract or sponsorship with a Company, that Bounty Hunter may seek refuge with the Bounty Hunter's Guild and ask them to help mediate the situation. Furthermore, companies can trust that Bounty Hunter's within the Guild are capable of abiding by some sort of structure and/or rules, albeit loosely.

I
f you have any questions that should be added to our F.A.Q., please ask them in response to this thread and we'll try our best to answer them. Secondly, if you're a Company Owner/Bounty Hunter - you should TOTALLY get in on this. Here's some links to get you started.

The Guild's second feature, Bounty Hunter Licenses.

This was one of our first original ideas and it took me a while to come up with the right way I wanted to do it, as I feel it's one of the most important and immersive aspects of becoming a Bounty Hunter and living their life. Prior to this, a Bounty Hunter would just roll up on you however he wanted, consequences be damned. However, being a member of the Guild means abiding by some form of rules, albeit simple ones. And the Guild serves as the broker for the Bounty Hunters in return, to make their lives easier, to keep them safer in this extremely dangerous profession.

That's where the Licenses come in to play. Licenses are meant to serve the function of official representation as a Bounty Hunter. Theoretically, possessing a license in the real world identifies you as some sort of law-enforcement embodiment in the real world. In Star Wars, though, I'd suppose it serves as more a form of legitimacy. It's especially harder to do this in THIS galaxy, as the only example of Bounty Hunter licenses we have to go off of hail from the Imperial era when the Guild reported directly to the Empire.

So you're a Major Faction owner.
Why should you invest in this? Why care?

1. It puts the pressure on your bounties. The Guild totals 30 members right now. That's 30 possible Hunters whose sole goal is to capture your targets, and we're steadily growing. For most of you, this possibly doubles the amount of people possibly going after your Bounty. And we're becoming far more coordinated as an organization. Legitimizing us as a neutral entity that can be licensed to operate in your Major Faction's territory helps us become more effective and more able to help you when you need us.

2. We're organized. We're creating incentives for people to hunt and we're creating ways to make it easier for them to hunt. This amplifies our effectiveness in the field and increases your chances of successfully acquiring your bounty targets, should you seek our help.

3. We're neutral. The Guild owes nothing to no one, and it will forever stay that way. Neutrality and confidentiality are two of our highest goals as an organization.

4. You can define your licenses as you wish. Bounty Hunters will operate in your territory how your government wishes them to operate. See the template below for what you can add to make your license personalized to your faction's tastes, or themed to how your faction operates.

5. You want your targets to suffer consequences? So. Do. We. Stop devoting your own resources towards pursuing these Galactic menaces throughout the Galaxy. Put some credits on the table, hire the Guild, and watch your targets turn into acquisitions.

6. You get to make a little money off of it, too. Your Major Faction gets to define a price to your customers, as the Bounty Hunters will be buying your licenses. Their corporate sponsors may even buy your licenses for their Hunters. Offer discounts, we don't care. All the Bounty Hunter's Guild asks for is a 10% processing fee. 10%! You can't get any better rates this side of the Hydian Way.

7. As the middle-man, we'll handle all your processing for you. We'll keep track of who buys your licenses and keep a roster of them for you, free of charge (Not really, it's included in our processing fee.) Someone buying your license you don't want having it? Send us a message and we'll make sure they're put on your Black List. Here at the Guild, you have it your way.

WHERE IS THE TEMPLATE? CLICK HERE

WHERE DO I POST MY MAJOR FACTION'S BOUNTY HUNTING LICENSE? In the License Office forum as a new topic in the Guild, located here: http://starwarsrp.net/forum/1624-license-office/ ( You don't have to be a member to post.)

Bounty Hunter's Creed

The First Tenet
People Don't Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties
When a target gets a price put on their head, they are no longer a person - they are an acquisition. Merchandise. The target has done bad stuff. You are not the judge, his jury, or his mother. You're an agent of justice who will drag him in for what he did.
The Second Tenet
Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity
Only when a wanted poster or given mission says just "Dead" do you have the flexibility to kill. If you kill outside of the parameters provided by the Guild or the Client, you're just an assassin.
Sometimes captures turn into kills. Shootouts may end badly, or acquisitions choose suicide over prison. A Guild Hunter must always try to avoid these situations. They make you look bad, and this reflects poorly on the Guild.
The Third Tenet
No Hunter Shall Slay Another Hunter
Targets and bounties are Acquisitions and Merchandise. If these are provided as the Creed's values, then it should be held that Bounty Hunters are Professionals. You try not to kill an acquisition and to deliver them to the Client. You must not kill another hunter.
Hunting is a competitive business, but we must remain professionals. Inter-Guild warfare is not permitted.
However, any Guild Hunter who has been excommunicated is open season.
The Fourth Tenet
No Hunter Shall Interfere With Another's Hunt
The Hunt is an honorable mission to pursue, each and every time you pursue it. Do not dishonor another's hunt by interfering in his livelihood. If he requested you to interfere, that's one thing - but if your fellow Hunter brings it up with the Guild, you risk excommunication.
The Fifth Tenet
In The Hunt, One Captures Or Kills - Never Both.
We're not murderers nor assassins. If you capture live, deliver live.
The Sixth Tenet
No Hunter Shall Refuse Aid To Another Hunter
It is written that a Hunter must help out a rival if asked, and any real hunter will honor that directive. Generosity will not go unrewarded, however. If you are asked to aid, you can expect to receive anywhere from ten to fifty percent of the bounty (depending on your work involved).
This keeps things fair and profitable. Just make sure you agree on the split before the Hunt begins.

[member="Julian Solo"]

Lets hope I don't get them on my trail...

(Meaning I am open to RP interactions involving, say, I stole some ancient books or something from the wrong people. Scholar's need to learn, right?)

Alana Sunrider

A
[member="Julian Solo"]

I'll do that then!

[member="Kaia Starchaser"]
And do some smuggling too.

Alana Sunrider

A
[member="Julian Solo"]

I'll go for it. Need to get a first hunt in and everything after all.

[member="Bianca"]
Indeed, problem is with assassinations on a roleplay board.. no one likes losing characters.

I've role-played for five years now, in varying formats. I've come across many assassins, but never a successful assassin.

Would it be possible to put out a 'protection' bounty?
Example: The Alliance utilizes at network of smugglers, and other merchants. While they do not necessarily need protection, they may get pinched by... lets say 'the bad guys' (Sith, Imperials, Trade Federations) who are having blockades. If we have slower moving vessels and need faster moving ones to keep goons off our tail, would that be something y'all would do?

Or are you after smugglers as per canon tradition?

Coren Starchaser said:
If a ship is damaged and we want the salvage, to keep (bloody) pirates away?

[member="Julian Solo"]
It could be done, at the discretion of the Hunter. The Guild is a platform, and not an organization. We supply the bounties and the hunter chooses. We offer corporate sponsorships and faction licenses, and ladder rankings etc, but we don't organize where a hunter goes.

Awesome.

Yeah, not a retainer but like 'oh we have XYZ ship with ABC item on it. We are sending So-and-So out there, but Bad Pirate Group is coming and we can use a gun hand. You get X number credits for helping us recover the ship/item and keeping our people alive.'

Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom