Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Book of Stories

BX-Strip.png
THE BOOK OF STORIES

Naboo, Theed
Theed Royal Library
Confederacy of Independent Systems

The woman sat quietly in the large library, the scent a combination of old books, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon that carefully danced upon the nearly still air of the room - it was that time of the year when things seemed to slow down. The Galaxy, always in some manner of turmoil, seemed to relax and calm during these closing months of the year which so often saw the end of what was colloquially known as 'Invasion Season' as many returned to their homes to adhere to and enjoy some obscure holiday that went by many names. For some, they were going home to enjoy a meal of Giving Thanks with their families, while others, were preparing for such events as Lifeday or any other number of holidays that existed in the Galaxy. For her part, she had decided to take a different path, stepping away from her colder demeanor and permitting her more motherly side to be shown - for at least a few hours within the Library.

Amelia sat quietly in what many could argue was a regal gown - though she felt that its deep red with black accents not only suited her perfectly, it also held a strange uniqueness in celebrating the upcoming holidays that would soon settle over the Galaxy. Resting quietly in her lap was a large book, its facade appearing old as though it had been through multiple lifetimes exposed to all manner of hazards - yet it remained, as it always had been, complete and together. Resting atop of the book itself was a single circular blue gem that seemed to dance and glitter with a life of its own as she carefully brushed her hand over the gem. Looking up from the book, she smiled softly, revealing a slight hint of her fangs as her golden-yellow hues carefully looked over the gleeful and joyful faces of the children that had been brought into the library once their parents had heard of a special storytime that was being held.

It was a strange place for the Grand Marshal - one who was always steeped in war and violence - that she felt calm and collected in front of these children, a chaotic force in their own right, said something about how she so often dealt with the horrors and chaos of war with such ease. That soft smile remained as she leaned forward, both hands gently clasping the book firmly to prevent it from slipping out of her lap and clattering to the floor below.

"Has everyone found their seat? Are you all ready?"

She cooed softly, her voice not the usual tone of disdain and stern coldness that many others likely would have associated with her from their own previous experiences. Slowly sitting back up, she lightly ran her hands over the book that was in her lap - this book though was special. Much in the same way that the Jedi and the Sith had their Holocrons, this book was something similar, though unique in its own right. The Book of Stories was itself, a Datacron - a special kind of Holocron that even a Non-Force User, like the Grand Marshal, could access without the Force. All that she needed was to speak the special passphrase that would unlock the book and the phrase was something both simple and magical.

"Once Upon a Time, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away".

The Book came to life as its clasps opened up, the pages flipping over until they settled on what appeared to be the exact center of the book. The image of - at least in the current standard - an ancient Draethos Male appeared before both the children and Amelia as they sat there. With a quiet bow, the male motioned with his hand, before speaking in what was clearly an older language - though thankfully the book appeared to be capable of translating its speech after a moment or two.

"I am Odan-Urr, builder of the Great Jedi Library on Ossus, and this is the Book of Stories, a miraculous Tome of Stories both ancient and new, please select a story and enjoy the contents within."

Amelia smiled as she watched the children's eyes light up in amazement as the book came to life - watching intently as the figure appeared and spoke as if he had been there in the very room with them, and now sat silently waiting to assist them in what story they would choose. The woman smiled quietly, musing to herself at the enjoyment that these children - and by some extent - their parents were likely feeling as she lightly ran a hand over the edge of the book. Shifting for a moment to be more comfortable - and doing her best to repress the desire to cradle a drink in her hands that would otherwise be inappropriate for the day's event - she looked over a few of the stories that had appeared on the pages before her very eyes.

"Such a myriad of stories Children, and yet we what should we enjoy today?"

The children began to clamor and shout out their ideas, hoping that some story they called out would be present in the seemingly magical book that this strange woman had brought out before them. This clamorous shouting from the myriad of children brought a strange smirk to the woman's lips as she reveled in the apparent chaotic situation - only serving to make her feel all the more at home before that smirked turned into a sly smile. She had found the perfect story, one that she was sure many would like to hear, and what better story to tell to open the children's minds to imagination and welcoming of the coming Holidays.

"Children, I have just the perfect story to start our day off. It is called ' Moe Uilor Moe Uilor , The Little Jawa that Could'".

Chaos NaNo: 998

Ame.png

BX-Strip.png
THE LITTLE JAWA AND THE LITTLE BLUE SANDCRAWLER THAT COULD

With the story revealed, she watched carefully as the children finally settled down and all were once more enamored with the woman that sat before them and the seemingly magical book that rests in her lap. This only served to keep that soft, sly smile upon her lips as she looked over their brightly lit faces, even noticing a pair of droids that seemed to have also joined the children to listen to the stories - oh, how happy those droids would be for another story that the woman had in mind, yet that was one that would wait, for now. As she brushed her hand over the book, she returned to its contents, beginning the story in earnest now as everyone was ready to hear the story of Moe Uilor Moe Uilor , the Little Jawa that Could.

"Once Upon a Time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away..."

Amelia began the story - speaking those fabled, 'magical' words to bring the book to life once more, the story beginning to take shape as the Book of Stories began to produce a brilliant Holographic image that danced above the heads of the children. Amelia watched as many were stunned in the amazement of the images, while others were so drawn in and waiting patiently for the story that was to come. It brought a strange calmness and pleasantness to her heart which she hadn't felt in a number of years. To finally have a moment that was not dominated by some war or some conflict, she was more than content with sitting there at that moment and telling a story.

And so, she continued the story that she had begun.

"Once Upon a Time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away, there was a Jawa named Iziz, and this Jawa was known above all things else, to be a very, very Honest Jawa. It did not matter what it was, Honest Iziz had it if you needed it, and if you didn't need it, then the Jawa knew that she could get you to buy it anyway - because clearly, you need it and did not have it yet. Honest Iziz was also a very upstanding Jawa among her Clan. She knew a great deal of what it meant to be a Jawa, and not once did she ever Utinni when it was not polite to do so."

The woman paused for a moment, giving the children a chance to take in the images that danced above their heads - the holographic projection showing a Little Jawa rushing about, legally gaining scrap, droids, and all manner of little trinkets and bobbles between that he was Honestly finding new homes for. That smile remained upon her lips as she watched the children so enamored with the holographic images, that it could only serve to urge her to continue with the story - and continue she would.

"Iziz was a happy little Jawa, and her Sandcrawler was always so full of things for good boys and girls. There were all kinds of toy animals. From Rontos with long necks, Gundarks with no necks, there was even a baby Yoda. There were all kinds of droids. Droids with Blue Photoreceptors and Yellow paint, Droids with Red Photoreceptors and Green paint, and even the funniest Ropo you had ever seen. There were toy Repulsortrucks, Starships, and Boats. There were picture books, games, and even drums to play. The little Sandcrawler carried every kind of toy that boys or girls would want."

Amelia even took a moment for herself as she paused to watch the holographic images dance to life with each word that was spoken, her attention shifting periodically between the images and the children that sat before her in the Library. She smiled softly as she watched them so focused upon the images of Moe and his Sandcrawler filled with all the marvelous toys and droids that filled it to the brim. Though the story was not finished yet, and there was much more still for them to explore and enjoy within the story - and she was sure that they would greatly love the next part, as she continued.

"But that was not all. The Sandcrawler carried good things to eat, too. Sooga of all sizes, big, round Dantoonian Sphere Fruit... fat, Gold Fruit... long, Yellow Hubba Gourd... fresh, cold Blue Milk... and Tepasi Taffy for eating after Dinner. The little Jawa was taking all these things in her Sandcrawler to the other side of the Mountain. "How happy the little boys and girls will be to see me!" Said Iziz. "They will like the Toys, Droids, and good Sooga that I am bringing." But all at once, the Sandcrawler came to a stop - she did not move at all. "Oh, dear, whatever could be the matter?" Iziz proclaimed and attempted to start up her Sandcrawler again. She tried and tried, but the treads just would not turn. "We can help", said the toys. The Ropo and Animals climbed out of the Sandcrawler, they tried to push the little Sandcrawler, but she did not move. "We can help too", said the droids, and they got out and tried to push, yet the little Sandcrawler did not move. Iziz, the Toys, and the Droids did not know what to do."

Golden-yellow hues fell upon the faces of the children as they all seemed to be drawn into the story, many clearly showing a worry that Iziz and her Sandcrawler were trapped. It was then that she heard the questions coming up, and it brought a warmth to her to see so many children worried about Iziz and her Sandcrawler filled with the toys, droids, and Sooga for all the boys and girls. Of course, the ever-inquisitive minds just had to know what would happen next, and their patience - or lack thereof - would not let them sit quietly without knowing.

"Ma'am, what about Iziz, does she get over the mountain?"

"What about the Blue Milk, wont it get hot sitting in the sun?"

"Miss, Miss, what about the Droids, wont the sand get in them?"

Amelia smiled as she brought a hand up to quiet the gathered group of children, hushing them gently as she also motioned for them to calm. The story would of course continue, and they would all find out soon what happened - though it still was heartwarming that they were so focused upon the plight of the poor little Jawa.

"Shall we continue then children and find out what happened to Iziz and her Sandcrawler?"

It was an almost cacophonous unity that shouted out for the story to continue - her smile remaining as she looked back to the Book of Stories and once more found where they had left off before continuing the story along.

"Just then a shiny new Sandcrawler came lurching up the mountain. "Biscuits!" cried the Ropo - though what he really meant was - "Maybe that Sandcrawler can help us!". Iziz began to wave a red flag and the Shiny New Sandcrawler slowed down. The Toys and Droids called out to him. "Our Sandcrawler is not working," they said. "Please pull our Sandcrawler over the mountain. If you do not, boys and girls will not have any toys or good food." The Jawa that drove this Sandcrawler was less than friendly. "You want me to pull you?" He asked - and Iziz nodded. "That is not what I do." The Jawa said. "I carry other Jawas in my Sandcrawler. They sit with soft seats and look out the windows. They eat in a nice dining room. They even sleep in nice sleeping quarters." The Jawa said. "I pull the likes of you? I should say not!". Off went the Shiny New Sandcrawler without another word - leaving Iziz and her Sandcrawler stuck on the side of the mountain. How sad all the toys and droids felt!

Then the Ropo called out, "Biscuits!" - though what he really meant was - "Here comes another Sandcrawler, a Big, Strong one. Maybe this Sandcrawler will help us." Again, Iziz waved her red flag, and the Big Strong Sandcrawler came to a stop. The toys and droids called out together, "Please help us, Big Strong Sandcrawler. Our Sandcrawler is not working, but you can pull us over the mountain. You must help us. Or the boys and girls will not have any toys to play with or good food to eat." But the Jawas in the Big Strong Sandcarwler did not want to help. "We do not pull toys." They said. "Our Sandcrawler pulls heavy Scrap. Our Sandcrawler pulls big Repulsortrucks. We have no time for the likes of you." And away lurched the Big Strong Sandcrawler without another word."

As she looked up from the book, she noticed that many of the children seemed near to tears - with some already sobbing over how mean anyone could be to poor Moe. Why wouldn't they stop to help the little Jawa and his Sandcrawler. How could they not care about the boys and girls not having any toys to play with or food to eat? With a soft hushed voice, she leaned forward, offering a gentle smile as she reassured the children.

"The story is not finished yet - Iziz and her little Sandcrawler are not done, yet."

She spoke in a soothing, sing-song voice as she returned to the story.

"By this time Iziz was no longer happy. And the toys and droids were all ready to cry. But the Ropo called out, "Biscuits!" - Which we all know meant - "Look! Look! Another Sandcrawler is coming. A little blue Sandcrawler. A very little one. Maybe this Sandcrawler will help us." The Little Blue Sandcrawler had a happy Little Jawa in it named Honest Moe. He saw Iziz waving her red flag and stopped at once. "What is the matter?" Moe asked in a kind way. "Oh, Little Blue Sandcrawler," cried the toys and droids. "Will you pull us over the mountain? Our Sandcrawler is not working. If you do not help us, the boys and girls will not have toys to play with or good food to eat. Just over the mountain. Please, please help us." Iziz, the toys, and the droids all cried - for no one had helped them yet. "Oh, my," said Moe. "My little Blue Sandcrawler is not very big. And I do not pull Sandcrawlers. I just work in the city. I have never even been over the mountain."

"But we must get there before the boys and girls wake up." Cried Iziz, the toys, and the Droids. "Please?" Honest Moe took a look at Iziz, the toys, and the droids. He could see that they were not happy. He thought about the children on the other side of the mountain. Without the toys or good food, they would not be happy either. Moe pulled his Little Blue Sandcrawler up close. He hooked up to Iziz's Sandcrawler - the toys and droids all climbed back into their Sandcrawler. At last Honest Moe said, "I think I can climb up the Mountain. I think I can, I think I can." Then he pushed forward on his controls and he began to pull Iziz's Sandcrawler. Honest Moe's Little Blue Sandcrawler tugged and it pulled. Puff puff, chug chug, went the little Sandcrawler. "I think I can, I think I can," said Moe. Slowly, slowly the Sandcrawler started to move.

The toys and droids began to smile and clap. Puff puff, chug chug. Up the mountain went Moe and his little blue Sandcrawler. And all the time, Moe kept on saying, "I think I can, I think I can..." Up, up, up. The little Sandcrawler climbed and climbed until at last Honest Moe reached the top of the Mountain. Down below lay the city. "Hurray, Hurray," cried all the toys and droids - even Iziz seemed to dance. "Biscuits!" said the little Ropo - of course, meaning, "All the boys and girls will be so happy, all because you helped up Honest Moe with your little blue Sandcrawler." Honest Moe just smiled. But as his Little Blue Sandcrawler puffed down the mountain, Honest Moe seemed to say... "I thought I could, I thought I could, I thought I could, I thought I could."

Amelia smiled as she looked up from the story, the Holographic image fading away on a smiling Moe as she looked to the children - all of whom had spontaneously erupted into cheering and laughter as Honest Moe and his Little Blue Sandcrawler had made it over the mountain. Golden-Yellow hues slowly shifted over the children and she smiled still, waiting for them to calm down and quiet for a moment before she spoke up. It was enjoyable to watch them enjoy themselves - though their day was not over just yet and they still had so many stories left.

Just then she looked over the book and smiled softly when she found their next story.

"Children, Children - oh, and droids it would seem."

Amelia spoke in a soft, hushed tone.

"Our next story is..."

She paused for a moment, allowing the tension and excitement to grow in the group gathered before her before she finally unveiled the next story that would be brought to life from the Book of Stories.

"Our next Story is, John Locke John Locke 's, 'A Little thing called Christmas'."

Chaos NaNo: 2,242

Ame.png

BX-Strip.png
A LITTLE THING CALLED CHRISTMAS

Amelia once more settled into her seat as she watched the children seemingly leaning in when the next story was announced that would be read to them - and oddly enough - it did bring a soft smile to her lips as she watched them. She noticed their own hushed whispers as they attempted to glean the story and its events before she had even begun, watching as a few seemed to be drawn closer to the large book that sat open in her lap. It only served to cause a chuckle to slip past her lips as she noticed how the children were quickly becoming impatient as she waited for their own, slight uproar in their activity, to die down before she would continue.

Slender fingers slipped around awaiting glass, the drinking vessel holding simple water - no additives or other means to provide flavor - just something to assist in keeping her throat from becoming too dry and her voice hoarse. The previous story had served as a hook, a means to keep the children around for what came next - and it also provided some of the parents a reprieve from their otherwise chaotic daily lives. Bringing the drinking vessel to her lips, she slowly sipped on the water - almost like she were treating it like it were wine for some odd reason. Perhaps it was merely muscle memory to this point or she found it a bit more oddly satisfying. Either way, she took a moment to relax and collect herself as she carefully returned the drinking vessel back to the table that it had been seated upon next to her.

Running her hand over the book - it seemed to once more come to life as the holographic image of the Gatekeeper remained quietly - its sole job to guide others through the book and its lessons. However, Amelia did find it slightly odd that an Ancient Jedi was the Gatekeeper of such a common and mundane Datacron. She figured that this individual - calling itself Odan-Urr would have found their way into a more illustrious Jedi Holocron. Perhaps though the individual had its own reasons to imparting itself as the Gatekeeper for the Book of Stories. All of those were questions that could be asked at another time - when one was not surrounded by children that were eagerly awaiting the next story to be told.

"Once Upon a Time, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away..."

Amelia's voice danced upon the hushed, still air, weaving its own story in kind as she brought her attention from the children still eagerly gathered around her, to the book in her lap. Her hand brushing over the page for a moment as she focused upon the depiction of the individual that stood silently in her own strange visions - or perhaps they were merely prophetic dreams? Still, her focus and attention were fully upon their children and they would have the means to capitalize upon this mere fact for some time - though only if the children retained their proper behavior and etiquette.

In its own turn, the Book of Stories had already sprung to life, the holographic pictures of the next story unfolding - revealing the image of John Locke John Locke carefully floating in place - the young man being joyfully accosted by a group of puppies while he attempted to be interviewed. It was that image that caused many to gasp for a moment or squeal in pure joy as they watched the holographic image dance and glimmer in the soft light of the Library.

"Once upon a time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away, there was a man named John Locke - and this man owned a very special shop. You see, it was a magical shop that made all kinds of magical toys for good little girls and good little boys."

Before she could even continue with the story she saw a little hand shoot straight up - and of course, she had to answer the child - as it would be rather rude for her to not do so. With a soft nod, she leaned forward slightly, her golden-yellow hues carefully settling upon the bright young face of the little Togruta girl.

"Yes, my child?"

"Did..."

The little stumbled over her words for a moment, seemingly out of a mixture of fear for speaking in front of others and shyness that had already gripped her. Amelia though was proud of the young girl, seeing her overcoming what limitations she could to be sitting in this very room listening to a story and so eagerly and bravely asking a question.

"Did John know Moe?"

"That's a very good question."

Amelia said with a soft, sly smile pulling at the edges of her lips - though that is a question that can only be answered by the story - her attention remained for a few more moments upon the young girl. It was as if Amelia was attempting to ensure that the little girl knew that Amelia thought her question brilliant - and that she was proud of the Togruata girl for overcoming her own shortcomings to attend the storytime that they were holding.

"Now, where were we? Ah, yes... John Locke owned a very magical shop that made toys for all the good little girls and good little boys, and he trusted none other to deliver those toys, that his bestest, closest friend in the whole Galaxy - Honest Moe Uilor Moe Uilor and his Little Blue Sandcrawler. You see though, that day was a special day - and the factory was closed - so proclaimed as John had entered, boisterously proclaiming - "No more work tonight! It is Christmas Eve, let's have the shutters up and join in the festivities."... "Utinni!" Cried out Honest Moe, "Quack, Quack" cried out Duckie Talon Duckie Talon - a little duck that seemed to always be anywhere, at any time, in the Galaxy. Both skipping down from their high desks with wonderful agility. "Clear away, my lads, and let's have plenty of room here." John said as he watched his compatriots eagerly scamper to attention. There was nothing that they wouldn't have cleared away - it was done in a minute, every moveable was packed away as if it were to be dismissed from the public view forevermore. The floor was swept and watered - the sight of a Jawa and a Magical Space Duckling a sight of joy in their attempt to clean the floors - with a bit of help from John of course.

Lamps were trimmed, and fuel was heaped upon the fire so that it roared to life in its hearth - filling the room with a great warmth that was welcoming in the cooler night. The warehouse was transformed, a place that was snug, warm, and dry - and as bright as a ballroom - decorated in such a manner with all the beauty and splendor that such as you would desire to see on a winter's night.

In came a Flukebladder Pipe Balaxan player with a music book, and went up to a lofty desk to make an orchestra of it - as Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes arrived, in turn, to bring about their festive music. In came Clan Uilor, politely Utinni-ing, as they clamored into the warehouse - in came the young men and women employed by the business - many of whom swooned over Duckie. In came the housekeeper and her cousin the baker. In came the cook with their brother's eccentric friend the bluemilkman. In came the young boy from over the way, suspected of not having a means to sustain himself in the winter - hiding behind the girl from next door. In they all came, any-how and every-how as the warehouse filled with the merriment of festivities."

Amelia smiled softly as she continued to read - noticing the children hanging on her words - though be it because they were truly fascinated by the story or more so the strangeness of the words she spoke, was for others to ponder and the children to know themselves. The holographic image from the Book of Stories continued to dance and flicker to life, revealing a brilliant holiday party of the story - showing off the festive attendees in their splendiferous glory and trappings. And she continued, for the story was not yet finished - though was fast approaching its crescendo.

"Of they went, twenty at a time - couples dancing with hands half round and back again the other way. Down the middle and back up again - round and round in various groupings of affection. Each couple had their chance, their moment at the top before going back down again for the next until all had come and gone in their twirling dance - laughing, cheering and jeering all heard in great merriment as the band played strong and hard - the warehouse filled with the music and joy of life. Honest Moe and Clan Uilor feasted - and Duckie conquered a great many mighty worms that sought to disturb the joyous occasion. Many people danced with no notion of walking and the spirit of revelry filled them all as the joyfulness flowed forth and into the city beyond.

They danced and feasted the night away - and when the clock struck eleven the domestic ball began to break up - for it was time to return home and settle in for a long winter's nap. Clan Uilor carried out first - greeted at the door by Honest Moe and wished a fond farewell as a number of miscellaneous items walked themselves out as well - clearly desiring to become Jawa's in their own right, though none would begrudge them this night. Then the band slowed, and the Flukebladder Pipe Balaxan player took a bow as did Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes - their music trailing off as the others found their way towards the exit. The warehouse was in shambles, though it was a mess for another day to tidy up and clean. John smiled as he carefully picked up a little Duckie - its belly stuffed with countless worms that it had prevented from ruining the joyous merriment of the night - it slumbered peacefully as the girl next door carefully took him and held the duckling to her bosom.

John took his station next to the door - greeting each reveler at the door and bidding them a fond farewell - shaking hands and wishing them a pleasant evening as each person left individually. And as the last person stepped across the threshold, they looked back to see John, standing in the now-empty warehouse - dim and devoid of the life that had filled it so recently. A soft sigh slipping from his lips as he brought his hands up to rest against his hips - a prideful smile as he exclaimed.

It's A Little thing called Christmas..."

Amelia looked up as she finished the story, her hand coming to rest against the book as the holographic image slowly slipped away, once more replaced by the watchful eye of Odan-Urr, the children sitting in amazement. Golden-yellow hues fell upon the momentarily silent crowd before the children began to clap and cheer in their own way, talking of their favorite points - many of which seemed to be Duckie and Moe enjoying the party. For the moment she permitted them their own merriment as they looked back and forth to one another before she brought a hand up to silently quiet the group. She looked to the book again, carefully mulling over the other stories before that soft smile tugged at her lips as she looked to the children.

"Our next story is Srina Talon Srina Talon 's, 'What's This?'"

Chaos NaNo: 1973

Ame.png

BX-Strip.png

WHAT'S THIS?

As the children clamored and were eager to talk and babble on about the previous story - Amelia sat patiently, waiting until they were ready for the next. The large book sitting quietly in her lap as the image of Odan-Urr remained still, almost as if he too were waiting patiently for the children to quiet down once more. As those golden-yellow hues slowly slipped over the different faces of the children, she smiled softly, deciding it was better to permit them the moment to talk about the story, rather than shush them into submission for the next. When it seemed that they were ready, she straightened herself up just a bit, her hands carefully running over her garments to ensure that they were wrinkle-free as she cleared her throat with a slight, albeit subtle, cough.
"Are we ready?"
She asked - almost in a hushed tone - as she looked to the children, seeing that they had settled down and were now apparently eager for the next story. With that smile still upon her lips, she carefully ran her hand over the book - slender digits lightly pressing against the crystalline form of the Datacron as it rests in her lap. They still had many stories to read and enjoy - not to mention that there was even one filled with droids - to entertain those that were a bit more technologically inspired.
Amelia began the story just as she always did - the words once spoken - bringing the Datacron to life as Odan-Urr seemed to perk up and nod his head. The story began to take shape, the holographic image shifting from the Gatekeeper of the Datacron to the story at hand. A flurry of snow began to fall, wisping around a young woman whose hair was equally as white as the snow that danced and flitted about around her calm and stoic demeanor.
"She's so pretty..."
One of the children spoke up, a young girl just about falling out of her seat as she leaned forward to get a better look - though it was unlikely that many of the children knew the woman in the story - or the real-life inspiration that the story heavily borrowed from when it came to the appearance. It still brought a smile to Amelia's lips as she paused for a moment, letting the image linger as the other children seemed to begin to lean in as well - of course, a few of the parents also seemed to lean forward to get a better look. Amelia would not begrudge them their own glances - rather - she returned to the story, the holographic image beginning to dance to life once more again.
"Once Upon a Time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away... There lived a beautiful Queen, named Srina Talon Srina Talon - and this queen was beloved by all of her subjects for she was known to be both fair and strict in equal measure - though none dare test to make her angry for they feared the wrath that she could wield. This Queen, however, was almost childlike in her understanding of certain subjects that she had not come to experience in great measure - and the holiday season was one such thing that always caused her to ask a simple question, the one that now was breathed into existence as it slipped past her lips. "What's This?" She would often ask as she would peer about the various decorations that her subjects would adore their homes - both inside and out - as well as themselves, in.
At times, it even seemed that the Queen would sing - her voice a melodic tune - that would dance about the winter wind just as equally and fluid as she would moving through the snow. "What's this? What's this? There's color everywhere..." She would exclaim while walking down the lane - her eyes wide in amazement as she looked upon the twinkling and glittering lights that hung from the eaves of buildings. "I can't believe my eyes, I must be dreaming..." She would continue as her attention fell upon a trio of inflatable Jawas and a Droid that decorated the front of another home."
Amelia looked up for a brief moment - noticing the children once more engrossed in the story as she smiled softly - the holographic image dancing to life as the Queen carefully moved from house to house in childlike amazement and wonder as she attempted to figure out what these strange decorations were. Garlands - a myriad of colors - hung from home to home, lights danced and flickered - all shown in the holographic image of the story, the woman extending the pause as she carefully brought the glass of water - which had been sitting at her side - to her lips for a quick drink to keep her throat from drying out as she continued the story.
"The Queen continued down the lane, the amazement still in her voice as she continued. "What's this? What's this? There are people singing songs." The Queen sang out - almost in tandem with the carolers in the streets as they went from home to home spreading the merriment and cheer. "What's this? The streets are lined with little creatures laughing." She said as she came across some children playing in the snow - throwing snowballs to one another, sledding, and making their own sculptures of any number of things that came to their imagination. "Everybody seems so happy. Have I possibly gone daffy? What is this?"
She continued down the street - her amazement growing with each passing moment as she came across something new again and again. Her attention drawn away with each new experience she came across. "There's frost on every window, Oh, I can't believe my eyes." The Queen exclaimed, her delicate fingers touching against the windowpane. "And in my bones, I can feel the warmth that's coming from inside." She shuddered for a moment before pulling her hand away from the window and continuing about the small town that sat at the foot of her castle. "Oh, what's this? They're hanging mistletoe... and they kiss?" The queen seemed to be amazed and strangely confused as to why the people were kissing beneath a bit of leaf."
The moment that the holographic image revealed the Queen noticing a couple kissing was almost immediately met with a chorus of noise from the children, many saying 'ew' or acting as though they were about to vomit - though some of the older children were a bit more composed. A handful of the parents even thought it romantic as they pulled one another a bit closer to the other, hugging and holding onto one another as they remembered their own times beneath the mistletoe. And even still, a few found some amusement in their children's reaction - happy to see them smiling and enjoying the story as Amelia continued.
"Her amazement and confusion never faded as she continued to attempt to figure out what the people were doing - how they were enjoying the holiday - to her, it was absolutely inspiring. "They're gathering around to hear a story. Roasting chestnuts on a fire. What's this? What's this?" The snow-haired woman proclaimed as she slipped away from the home she had just visited - her attention drawn to the next as she approached the window. "And in here they have a little tree, how queer. And who would ever think? And why?" Her voice danced upon the cool breeze that whipped up the snow, sending it dancing across the air as she seemed to dance and find some form of enjoyment in her own questioning as to what was happening. The Queen still attempting to find out what her subjects were doing - though also finding her own cheer in how happy that these strange customs were making them feel.
"They're covering it with tiny little things. They've got electric lights on strings." She watched as the family within the home decorated their tree - adorning it in all manner of things, from little ornaments of Droids to flickering lights and garlands made of tinsel and popcorn on a string. "And there's a smile on everyone, so, correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks fun. This looks fun. What's this?" The Queen continued on, still pulled into her stupor of amazement and confusion - though starting, slowly - to understand, until the next strange thing threw her for a loop and she started all over again. "Oh my, what now? What's this?" She peeked in through the next window - a child's room with a young boy and girl tucked away in their beds. "The children are asleep. But look, there's nothing underneath."
She nearly gasped as she peeked beneath their beds through the windows. "No ghouls, no witches here to scream and scare them. Only little cozy things, secure inside their dreamland. What's this?" The Queen was amazed, there were no monsters - and no nightmares could be found - as hard as she tried, all she could see were good feelings all around. "What's this? Instead of screams, I swear I can hear music in the air. The smell of cakes and pies is absolutely everywhere." The sights and the sounds, the Queen had never felt so good before. She simply could not get enough - and she wanted it for her own. And as she returned to her castle - she uttered those words one last time. "What's This?" Her eyes lighting up as she gazed upon the decorated castle that was awaiting her at the top of the hill - her subjects gathered together and welcoming her in from the cold air to the warmth of a hearth and the cheer of the season - only to cause her to question, "What's this?"
Amelia smiled softly as the holographic image slowly came to a close - pulling away from the Queen surrounded by her subjects as they enjoyed the night. She looked to the children - each sitting amazed and enamored - a few apparently speechless, though others already wanting another story. The woman brought a hand up to quietly hush them before she slowly brought it down to rest upon the book once more before she spoke.
"We have time for a few more stories, and I already know which one comes next."
The children leaned forward, awaiting, anticipating - some even attempting to guess as to which story she would read next.
"Our next story is, Darth Metus Darth Metus , 'A Visit from Saint Nicholas'."
Chaos NaNo: 1785

Ame.png

BX-Strip.png

A VISIT FROM SAINT NICHOLAS

While she would have loved to permit the children a moment to become rowdy and explore the previous story - Amelia's hand was up nearly as instantly as the voices began to chime in and begin to rise. In turn they quickly hushed as she offered each a soft smile, her golden-yellow hues falling upon the children as she quietly hushed them, bringing one slender finger to press against her pursed lips as she spoke up - a soft and sweet tone slipping forth. They didn't have much time left, and she wanted to tell them as many stories as she could in that small moment of time that they had left together before they would be collected by their parents waiting in the wings and ushered off to other activities and errands that their families had planned.
"We don't have much time left children - and there are still a few stories after the one I am about to tell. However, if we all remain calm, and pay attention without interruption - we'll be able to finish them all. Okay?"
Amelia asked patiently, her hues falling upon the children once more as she watched them nodding their heads. Many of them quickly sitting up straight and becoming more attentive as they wanted to hear the stories. It brought an odd warmth to her heart as she watched them - and in the back of her mind - she thought just how many of them would be good obedient soldiers, however, those days were still far off. It was best to let them worry about the world of children rather than begin to groom them for the chaos of war - let them retain their innocence for some time yet.
The words - not only bringing the Book of Stories to life - but seemed to also corral the children, immediately drawing their attention to the holographic image as it began to once more dance to life. The image of Odan-Urr nodding his head quietly as he waved his hands in a half-circular motion to reveal the story as it began to shimmer and come to life.
"Once Upon a Time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

It was the night before Christmas when all through Sinner's Well
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Blurrg.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Honest Moe Uilor Moe Uilor would soon be there.

The Children (Amaya Cardei | Runi Verin Runi Verin | Rann Thress Rann Thress ) were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Sugar-Pallies and Conquest danced in their heads.
And Darth Elyria Darth Elyria in her 'kerchief, and I ( Darth Metus Darth Metus ) in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window, I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters, threw open the sash,
A lightsaber in hand, ready for a clash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow,
Gave the luster of mid-day to the objects below,
A strange sight indeed since Ryloth was not known for its snow.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature Sandcrawler, and eight tinny Gonk Droids.

With a little driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be, Honest Moe Uilor.
More rapid than Shriek-Hawks his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

Now Bazzok (Cook)! now, Gogowa (Run)! now, Tilba (Above) and Speeda (Speeder)!
On, Sooga (Food)! On, Opakwa (Spare Parts)! on, on Lopima (Stars) and Lo'wassa (Sail Barge)!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!!

As like dry leaves that before a wild heatstorm would flee,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,
With the Sandcrawler full of toys, and Honest Moe Uilor too.

And then, in a twinkle, I heard on the roof,
The prancing and thudding of each Gonk Droid foot.
As I drew in my head and was turning around,
Down the chimney, Honest Moe Uilor came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of toys and scrap he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler just opening his sack.

His eyes-how they twinkled, his... uh dimples how merry !?
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cheery... I guess?
His hood was drawn up, making him appear honest,
and his bandolier was filled with tricks of his trade.

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
Though it was clear that he didn't seem to know how to smoke.
He had bright amber eyes, and a round little belly,
That shook when he Utinnied, like a bowl full of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly little Jawa,
And I chuckled when I saw him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
So I deactivated my lightsaber, and returned to my bed.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to work,
And filled all the stockings, then turned with a jerk.
And laying his finger on the side of his nose, obscured by his hood,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his Sandcrawler, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew, like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, 'ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy Utinni to all, and to all a Good-Utinni!"

So back to bed I went, cuddled up against Darth Elyria,

and in the morning I woke, to find my toaster was missing..."

Amelia smiled softly as she brought her hand down, the holographic image slowly closing out on Darth Metus standing in his kitchen, a few appliances missing - though clearly Honest Moe had nothing to do with it since he had just filled the stockings with toys and droids. The children all clamored, happy, and ecstatic. And though she wanted to hush them, Amelia didn't see the harm in giving them a moment to talk and laugh about the story that they had just read - even though the time was ticking by. Bringing the glass once more to her lips, she took a slow, long sip before setting it back down upon the table at her side. Her golden-yellow hues falling upon the children again as they began to quiet down and turned their attention once more upon the strange-looking storyteller that had been telling them so many wonderful stories.
"We have a few more stories and I know which one is next and which to save for last."
The woman spoke softly, using her voice to calm and hush the children as she ran her slender digits along the book. The image of Odan-Urr patiently waiting, in turn, to bring up the next story. A soft smile remained upon her lips, revealing a hint of a fang and she knew which story would be told next.
"Our next story will be, Faegard Faegard in 'The Witch, the Bat, and the Magic Hat'."
Chaos NaNo: 1256

Ame.png

Last edited:
BX-Strip.png
THE WITCH, THE BAT, AND THE MAGIC HAT

Amelia settled into the seat, shifting just slightly to become more comfortable as she slipped her right leg to rest atop the left, the Book of Stories still remaining perfectly balanced in her lap as her right hand rest against the crystalline structure. The holographic image of Odan-Urr seemed to shift as well, as though it were attempting to become more comfortable - all the while their attention remained upon the children. She watched as some seemed to attempt - to varrying degress of success and failure - to emulate the woman as they all shifted and moved to become more comfortable. Carefully bringing the drinking vessel to her lips, slender digits kept a firm though gentle grip upon the glass as she carefully took a few sips of the water before setting it off to the side.

Looking back to the book, her hand carefully ran along the side, the holographic image flickering for a brief second as her attention once more shifted to the children. Their time together was coming to a close, though they still had time for another story or two - and one had already been picked out. She was sure that the children would enjoy the story - and of course they would close their day together on an equally enjoyable story. A soft sigh slipped from her lips as she waited for the children to finish their own movements, watching with a soft smile as the last child seemed to curl up into their sibling before she spoke up to continue.

"Come a little closer children, I've a story to tell. About a Witch and a Bat, and a Magic Hat that brought life to a man that I knew too well."

The words seemed to cause the children to crawl forward, their attention fixated upon the holographic image, waiting for it to change and begin the story. Their eyes seemed to glint and sparkle with wonder - all eager to hear the story. The library was beginning to thin out now, with fewer and fewer within its halls - though Amelia would remain with the children and their parents until their last story was told - and with a smile upon her lips she conitnued.

"Once upon a Time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.... there lived a Witch named Faegard Faegard - she was beautiful, with raven black hair and stunning eyes, and ivory white skin that was as brilliant and fresh fallen snow. With her, as always, was her little Bat companion, a small thing of glistening black furr that always seemed to nuzzle and snug in her hair. That day the snow had just freshly fallen - and the Witch had decided to venture out and play with her companion. They sledded and made little snow bats, and enjoyed their day - until they decided that another companion was needed to better enjoy the day.

So setting out, they began to make their own companion - one of freshly fallen snow. He had two triangular pieces of tile in his head, instead of eyes. His mouth was made of an old broken rake discovered lodged in a grate, with teeth made of peebles and a corncob pipe and a button nose. And as they looked upon their new companion they lamented that they had no means to bring him to life - however, a cold wind blew and upon the breeze came with it a special silk cap. "What a perfectly strange silk cap." The Witch said as she picked it up off the ground, her smol Bat companion chirrping in unison its agreement at the oddity of the cap. "It will make a fine addition to our companion." Said the Witch, and put it on the snowman's head in a cinch.

Now, there must have been some magic in that old silk cap - for the moment that she put it on the snowman's head - it came to life, right then and there. Its eyes rolled as it came to life - and soon it began to dance around. "Do you see that smol Bat?" The Witch asked with excitement as she watched the snowman begin to leap and bound about in the snow. "There must have been some magic in that hat after all." She gleefully exclaimed while petting her chirrping back companion which fluttered its wings in equal enjoyment."

The children all sat at attention, their focus upon the holographic image that the book was projecting, watching as the Witch and the Bat made their merriment in the snow. Some of the children giggled as they watched the bat flutter about and make snow backs, others gasped in amazement as the snowman came to life. Still, there were a few that were completely enraptured by the appearance of the Witch and otherwise incapable of removing their attention away at any moment when she appearaed. It all brought a smile to her lips as Amelia watched the children - letting them enjoy the holographic show that the book produced.

Once more, slender digits carefully wrapped around the glass - having been refilled by an attentive droid that had passed by not too long ago. Bringing the drinking vessel to her lips, Amelia took a slow sip, making sure that her mouth would not dry out - as it would make it difficult to read the stories for the children. It also helped to sooth her throat - and give her muscles a moment to relax before she would continue. Setting the glass down, her attention once more returned to the book, and she smiled while continuing the story.

"The Witch and the Bat watched in amazment as their new snowy companion danced and sung, happy to be alive. "What shall we call you?" The Witch asked, and began to ponder a name - the smol Bat brought its wing up to its chin, immitating a thinking posture as it attempted to come up with a name as well for their new companion. Though they wouldn't get a chance, as the snowman chimmed in with a bright crooked smile. "My name is Frost E. Snowman, though you can call me Frosty." The Snowman sung happily as it continued to dance about. Frosty was as alive as he could be, and the Witch and smol Bat would go on to say that he could laugh and play just the same as you and me.

Now Frosty knew that the sun was very hot that day - and with a gleeful smile, and a wink of his eye, he proclaimed. "Let's run and have some fun before I surely melt away!" And with that, with a Witch and smol Bat in tow - he headed down to the town square with a broomstick in his hand to get into a lot of trouble and have some fun with his new friends. Running here and running there around the square, he called out. "Catch me if you can." And not only did the Witch and the smol Bat chase after him, they were joined by other children that saw the magic and wanted to play as well.

He lead them up and down the streets of town, only stopping for a moment when they heard the Traffic B1 Droid shout "Roger Roger!" They laughed and they played - yet Frosty knew he had to hurry on his way. But as the Witch, the smol Bat and the children looked on, Frosty offered a smile and a tilt of his magic cap as he waved. "Don't cry children. Don't cry Witch. Don't cry smol Bat. I'll be back again someday. So don't you cry - and keep a watchful eye, fore I'll be back again some day." Frosty called out as he hurried on his way, waving and singing and playing until he was gone over the horizon - singing a song along the way.

Thumpety, thump, thump
Thumpety, thump, thump
Look at Frosty go
Thumpety, thump, thump
Thumpety, thump, thump

Over the hills of snow..."

Amelia smiled as she slowly ran her hand along the book, the holographic image beginning to slowly fade away until Odan-Urr remained once more. She looked to the children, many of them holding back tears as she smiled and leaned forward, offering a soft few words as she lightly brushed the tears away from one child.

"Now children, you heard what Frosty said. Don't cry - for he'll be back someday."

She smiled as she slowly sat up, watching as many of the children shifted and pushed their tears back - wipping their faces with their sleeves. Looking at the book, she shifted for a moment - her attention falling upon a nearby Chronometer. With a soft sigh, she looked back to the children, knowing that they only had time for one more story before the night was over and they all had to return home.

"Settled down and gather around children, we have just enough time for one last story - and this one is a favorite of mine. Our story to wrap up our time together is BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo in, 'One Droid, Two Droid, Red Droid, Blue Droid'."

Chaos NaNo: 1535

Ame.png

BX-Strip.png
ONE DROID, TWO DROID, RED DROID, BLUE DROID

With their time together coming to a close - they had just enough fleeting moments to share one last story - and it was one that she thought all the children gathered would enjoy. And at the very least, the few droids that had also come to watch and listen in, would enjoy the little rhyming story. As the children settled in and seemed to huddle in closer for the final story - Amelia offered a soft smile as her hand carefully ran along the Book of Stories. The holographic image of Odan-Urr stiring to life as their attention remained upon the group - though she shifted for a moment to look to the parents, the library all but empty save for them.

"Our final story for today..."

Amelia spoke - and was near immediately greeted in response with whining and complaining - though she could understand that the children wanted to spend all night listening to stories if they could. However, they didn't have the time, as unfortunate as it was. Still, what little time they had together had been magical - and perhaps someday they too would add their own stories to the Book of Stories should it come into their possession. For now though, they had a final story together - and Amelia brought her hand up to gently hush them and remind them that time was ever fleeting.

Golden-yellow hues fell upon the group of children as she offered another smile before motioning - a single finger pressing against her pursed lips to quiet them down before she turned her attention once more to the book. Her hand carefully running over its crystalline structure - delicate fingers lightly pressing against the latice word of its interior as she brought up their final story - an ancient thing adapted from an even older story from a long forgotten planet, and a well loved though long since passed writter.

"Once Upon a Time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away... There were two droids, BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo , one droid was red, and the other blue - though they were not the only droids around, for there were many droids in this story."

Amelia began, though paused for a moment to look upon the children and ensure that they were paying attention - and as they had been - they appeared to be enraptured and engrossed in the story already. It brought a soft smile that tugged upon her lips as she returned to the story, the holographic image already having shifted and changed to reveal the droids before she continued. Knowing that it was a perfect story to finish their time together.

"One Droid, Two Droid, Red Droid, Blue Droid.
Black Droid, Yellow Droid, Old Droid, New Droid.
This Droid has a little star.
This Droid has a little speeder.
Say! What a lot of Droids there are.

Yes, some Droids are red. And some are blue.
Some Droids are old. And some are new.
Some Droids are sad. And some Droids are Glad.
And some Droids are very, very bad.

Why are they sad and glad and bad?
I do not know, go ask your Dad.

Some Droids are thin.
Some Droids are fat.
This fat Droid has a yellow hat.
From there to here,
from here to there,
funny things are everywhere.

Here are some Droids that like to run.
They run for fun in the hot, hot sun.
Oh me! Oh my!
Oh me! Oh my!
What a lot of funny things go by.

Some have two feet and some have four.
Some have six feet and some have more.
Where do the Droids come from? I cannot say.
But I bet they have come, a long, long way.

We see them come and we see them go.
Some Droids are fast and some Droids are slow.
Some Droids are high and some Droids are low.
Not one of them is like another.
Don't ask us why.
Go ask your mother.

Say! Look at that Droid's fingers!
One, two, three...
How many fingers do you see?

One, two, three, four,
five, six, seven,
eight, nine, ten.
That Droid has Eleven!

Eleven!
This is something new.
I wish I had eleven fingers too.

Bump! Bump! Bump!
Did you ever ride a Bantha?
We have a Bantha with just one hump.
But we know a Tusken called Mr. Grump.
Mr. Grump has a seven hump Bantha.
So...
If you like to go Bump! Bump!
Just jump on the hump of a Bantha of Grump.

Who am I?
My name is OOM-018-GEM OOM-018-GEM
I do not like my little bed.
This is no good.
This is not right.
My feet stick out of bed all night.
And when I pull them in, Oh, dear!
My head sticks out of bed up here!
Roger Roger!

We like our speeder bike.
It was made for three.
Our Gundark sits up in back you see.
We like our Gundark and this is why:
Our Gundark does all the work when the hills get high.

Hello there, OOM-018-GEM OOM-018-GEM , how do you do?
Tell me, tell me, what is new?
How are things, in your little bed?
What is new? Please tell me GEM.
I do not like this bed at all.
A lot of things have come to call.
A Bantha, a Loth-Wolf, a Nexu, a Womp-Rat.
Oh! what a bed! Oh! what a house!

Oh, dear! Oh, dear!
I can not hear... Will you please come over here?
Will you please look in my ear?
There must be something there, I fear.
Say, look!
A Convor was in your ear.
But she is out. So have no fear.
Again your ear can hear, my dear.

This Droid's hat is old.
His teeth are gold.
He has a bird.
He likes to hold.
And now this Droid's story is all told.

We took a look, we saw a Jawa.
On his head, he had a hook.
On his hook, he had a book.
On his book was "How to Utinni!"
We saw the Jawa sit and try to Utinni.
He took a look at the book on the hook.
But this Jawa couldn't read, so this Jawa couldn't Utinni.
What good to a Jawa is a hook Utinni book?

The moon was out and we saw some Nerfs.
We saw some Nerfs there walk in their sleep.
By the light of the moon, by the light of the Stars.
They walked all night from near to far.
I would never walk.
I would took a Speeder.

I do not like this Devaronian so well, all he does is yell, yell, yell.
When he comes about, I like to put him out.
This Devaronian is as quiet as a mouse.
I like to have him in the house.

At our house we open cans.
We have to open many cans.
And this is why we have a Xexto.
A Xexto for cans is very good.
Do you have a Xexto for cans? You should.

I like to Shockbox. How I like to Shockbox!
So, every day, I Shockbox a Barabel.
In yellow soxs I box my Barabel.
I box in yellow shockbox soxs.

It is fun to sing, if you sing with a Pa'lowick.
My Pa'lowick can sing like anything.
I sing high and my Pa'lowick sings low.
And we are not too bad you know.

And now good night.
It is time to sleep.
So we will sleep with our pet Kybuck.
Today is gone. Today was fun.
Tomorrow is another one.
Every day, from here to there,

funny things are everywhere."
As the holographic image began to fade, a soft smile remained upon her lips as she looked to the children - seeing many of them having begun to doze off in the quiet library - the group all that remained. She turned her attention to the Book of Stories that remained in her lap - knowing that there were still many that remained, though they would visited some other time. With a knowing nod, she carefully ran her hand along the book.

"Thank you for the stories Odan-Urr, now it is time to rest."

Amelia's voice was soft and hushed, careful not to wake those children that had already drifted off to sleep. Odan-Urr bowed quietly, the holographic image slipping away as she carefully closed the Datacron and slowly rose from her seat. Setting the book down as she nodded towards the parents and motioned quietly and began to assist them in picking up their children. Today had been fun, though now it was time for tomorrow.

Chaos NaNo: 1437

Ame.png

BX-Strip.png
CONCLUSION

Theed, Naboo
Theed Royal Library
Confederacy of Independent Systems

And with that the stories were done - the Book of Stories sat quietly upon the chair that Amelia had resided within for the duration of the story time. She watched as the parents came in, each scooping up their child to carry them off. Some still had errands, others would return home - though for now the stories were all told, however, that is not to say that there were no more. The Book of Stories still held so many within, and perhaps, just perhaps, there would be another story time. With a soft smile upon her lips, she watched as the last of the children were picked up by their parents until all ther remained was Amelia standing quietly in the silent library.

It was close to closing time - and she knew this - though she wanted to wait for a moment more, keeping her soft smile upon her lips as a hint of fang shown. She watched as the last of the patrons slipped away through the doors, until all that remained was silence and the soft hum fo the droids already working at cleaning up the large building. For her own part she would tidy up the story area, beginning to put away pillows and books, stacking chairs and cleaning up any minor messes. As she pushed her own chair away to where it had been sitting in the corner, she looked over the Book of Stories once more.

Carefully she lift it from where it had been resting, her hand running over the front cover as she smiled again. Her fingertips danced upon the crystalline matrix of the Datacron - still amazed in her own way that something like this was produced. She had no idea as to when it was originally created - nor how it seemed to have stories both old and new held within. It was a marvelous thing of beauty and mystery - and she would carry it home with her for safe keeping so that it may pick up more stories to be told in the coming months.

As she tucked it carefully into her arm, she looked around the area once more to ensure that nothing had been left behind. She checked for any little items that a child might have forgotten and missed - and once satisfied that nothing remained, she nodded to herself and began to head towards the doors. The echos of her boots upon the tile sound through the library, breaking the silence though not enough to have caused a commotion should anyone else have been within. Her hand pressed against the door and she paused for a moment to look back before slowly making her way past the threshold and into the waiting night beyond.

Today had been fun - and now it was over - however, there was still tomorrow...

Chaos NaNo: 487

Ame.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom