Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blue and the Red (Krest)

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

The Perfect Hiding Place is in Plain Sight
It had been a while since I'd been on a lush jungle-covered world. Yavin was definitely one of those worlds. I was here because I had recently joined the Order of the Grey, and they'd invited me to stay a while and get used to things. My time was mostly spent outside of the enclave, though. I just couldn't stay out of the wilderness. It was so vibrant, so ALIVE! My bare feet tread over rich soils as I walked through the expanse of thick trees. A vine with bright, beautiful orange flowers caught my eye, and I decided to stop and admire it. I was wearing no clothing as usual, my scaled deep blue skin making me stand out against the green. I hadn't really found the need to shift in the past few days. I'd mostly been wandering around like this, letting everyone give me whatever looks they wanted to give me. It wasn't like I was naked. I wasn't made like a normal humanoid, anyway. I reached upward, touching the bottom of a bloom with my palm.
[member="Krest"]

Within moments the Zabrak was out in the woods himself. He had always tried to keep an eye on wayward apprentices, especially the new ones. The Forge was an offlimit place many would try to sneak into. But [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] didn't seem to be that case. He'd call after her, raising his voice from behind her as he finally started to catch up. "Yo! What are you doin out here?" Once more he was dressed in a basic shirt and some slacks with a lightsaber hilt strapped to his waist. The flat kind, at least.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

My eyes darted to my right side to catch a red Zabrak running up to me, asking what I was doing. "I was just taking a stroll. Is that against Enclave rules? If so, I wasn't aware." My tone was calm and serene. Truly the jungle made em feel quite content. I turned my attention back to the flower. "Have you seen these? Such a wonderful color..."
[member="Krest"]

[member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"]

"Ah, no. I just like to keep an eye on the people I am to teach. Gotta make sure they're not going into the wrong places and what not." The Zabrak offered a small smile before looking to the flower, shaking his head. "No, I haven't actually. Never been one for flowers."

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

"Oh that's right. They already assigned me a Mentor. I nearly forgot." I replied. I plucked the bloom, bringing it down to my stomach before turning my body to face the Zabrak. "You're Krest, right? My name is Yuuthayn." I gave him a friendly smile in return. I hoped I wasn't giving any bad first impressions. But then again, why should I be worried? It's not like I wasn't a social person.
[member="Krest"]

"Aahh. Yes. [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] . You're to be my apprentice yes? Tell me about yourself." The Zabrak nodded once, smiling at the female. New student, new face. He did like knowing all the students and the rest going through. So, he made it a habbit to talk to all of those he could, and always with a smile.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I looked down at my flower, grinning. "There's not much to tell, really. I'm the product of a Shi'ido scientist and a Chiss military instructor. I do mostly undercover spy work, with the occasional assassination. I like to change my face quite often, as I get bored of being in the same form for too long. So if you see a face that you don't recognize coming to lessons instead of this one, just remember that it's still me." In case he still couldn't tell, I made a mental note to give him some sort of signal each time.
[member="Krest"]

"I wouldn't be worried about it honestly. People have signatures, and unless you've learned how to scramble that, I should be able to tell who you are no issue." He offered another smile. It was true he could tell people by their signature. Any skilled force user could. But, with the right skill any one could distort the signature. Some could even hide it entirely. Krest was one of those people.

"Though, you are more or less an assassin? Perhaps I should teach you to at least sense those around you."

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I thought about this for a moment. "That seems like the best place to start. Personally, I don't even know why they assigned me to you. I'm pretty sure I'm not sensitive like that." I'd never really noticed anything odd in that area. To me, I was just a normal Chiss'do. Nothing really special, unless you count the little nickname I came up with.
[member="Krest"]

​"Well. I'm one of two masters of the Grey, and the only one not pregnant. So.. I guess technically you're stuck with me." He'd offer a slight chuckle, nodding to her. "But, I know more than you think. I can assist you in.. Well. Showing yourself what you really know." She wouldn't be the first he unlocked the Force in. Maybe he could do so, and assist her like all the rest.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I walked up until I was directly in front of him. He was a bit taller than me, so I shifted a bit to meet him at eye-level. "Alright. Enlighten me, Mentor." I said with a grin. I was interested to see what he would do.
[member="Krest"]

He blinked rather slowly, then laughed. "Now now. Not here, of course. If you want to get better at the force I can teach you at the temple. Here has many distractions." He waved a hand to the trees around them. "First, you must understand yourself. Then you can begin to understand the rest." [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] wouldn't be taught just yet.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I sighed. "Okay, fine. I like it better out here, though. The temple just seems too... proper." I had never been one to dawn stuffy robes or bow or sit cross-legged in a yard while someone preached to me about an invisible power that lived in everything. I had to be moving, incumbered, and care-free when I was learning something new. Nevertheless, I began walking back to the temple with [member="Krest"] . I put the flower in my hair so that I could put in in water later.

Krest smirked, glancing over his shoulder to [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] . He only nodded to her in response, his gaze drifting forward. "You have to think of it this way. Best results come when you are focused. Trust me, once you get yourself an understanding, you'll get to run through the forest for lessons." His hands were clasped behind his back as he walked, putting his back at a straight form.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I shrugged. "Whatever you say, Mentor." I was going to have to get used to using that word. Even when my father was training me, no matter how angry I'd become or how brutal he was, I was always to refer to him as "Master". That word... It just didn't sit right with me. Not for anyone else but my father, at least. Even if he was an egotistical, masochistic swine....
[member="Krest"]

Krest paused, tilting his head a bit at the mention of Mentor. ".. That's a good word. Doesn't sound like I own you or anything, rather that I'm helping you learn. Perhaps I'll bring that up the next time I see Alex. Mentors of the Grey, not masters." As it was even new people came up with a better idea. [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] was proof of that.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I smiled a bit at Krest. "I think so, too. Makes more sense, what with this being a place to learn and all." Finally, the temple came into view. I walked beside the Zabrak through the corridors, following him to wherever he was taking me. "So, what about you? What's Krest's story?" I asked casually.
[member="Krest"]

[member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] would get a shrug from the Zabrak. "Well. I teach mostly swordplay here in the Grey. Swords, lightsabers, the like. Anything that has to do with them I know, pretty much. Otherwise, not much else to say." He grinned a bit. If she wasn't gonna tell him much about herself, he wasn't gonna tell her much.

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

I saw what he was doing. Give little, get little. I pulled that on everyone. I smirked at this and said nothing. He took me to a small open courtyard within the temple walls. Well, at least it was outside. I stood toward the middle, glancing around. "Not a bad little area. So, now what?"
[member="Krest"]

"Now, we see what you do know of the Force. Can't begin if we don't know where the starting line is aye?" He smiled, nodding to the Chiss. Here in the courtyard there was nothing but pillars and a couple bushes. It would be enough to begin the training, hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom