Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Blood of the Massassi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taramaz Arcturus

T
[SIZE=10.5pt]
2fNlCe3.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]Sith Lord Taramaz Laurs[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Affiliation: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Taramaz Laurs, Darth Timorem (Member=Darth Timorem)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Model:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Modularity:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]Lightsaber components, crystals.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Production[/SIZE]: [SIZE=10.5pt]Semi-Unique (Two)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Material:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Mandalorian Iron[/SIZE], lightsaber components, leather grip, Blood of Copero, Black [SIZE=10pt]Lignan Crystal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Lightsaber (Darksaber)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Size:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Weight:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Light[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

Sith Lord Taramaz Laurs, being a Mandalorian, had an appreciation for the Darksaber, the first lightsaber ever created by a Mandalorian in the Jedi Order. And recently in need of new sabers after his old red pair got destroyed on Triffis, he decided to hunt out black colour crystals. It took a while, a long while, but he found them, on Yavin 4, buried in caves near the ruins of the temple Exar Kun had enslaved the Massassi beasts to build. Due to a Massassi's black blood, the Sith Lord named these sabers the Blood of the Massassi. Only part of the name.

He received the Blood of Copero crystals as a gift from the Confederacy's Minister of War, [member=Caesar Kenway]. The name of these crystals contributed to the namesake, Blood of. These synthetic crystals give the blade a less tidy look, making the blade less electric like the original Darksaber, and more fiery. Once the Sith Lord had received the required crystals, he set to forging the pieces of the hilt from left over Mandalorian Iron from other weapon forging projects he did in his spare time, and leather for the grip. He then spent a full day putting them together, the black colour crystals bonded well to his blood, and the Copero crystals were synthetic, so they went without any trouble. The pieces fit together,

And thus, he had two new blades.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Can cut through many materials with relative ease.[/SIZE]

• Blood of Copero - The blade is, in a way, supercharged. But the colour is altered to black by the Lignan Crystal.

• [SIZE=10pt]Lignan Crystal[/SIZE] - Inherently dark side aligned, allowing Taramaz an easier time in bonding it. It also adds to the blade's cutting power, allowing the blade to burn even fiercer.

• Two blades in one - The lightsaber has two blades, much akin to a dual saber, such as Darth Maul's, however it is a much shorter design, like a regular saber. This allows the lightsaber to be wielded with only one blade activated, and much less awkwardly.
[SIZE=10.5pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Hilt is shorter than normal, allowing for only a single handed grip.[/SIZE]

• Water + Circuitry = Bad - The blade will cease to function when under water.

• Quantity over quality - While the lightsabers are effective by themselves with only one blade on, due to their smaller design, it takes the twin for them to be truly effective when both blades are activated.

• The Blood of Copero crystal is highly fragile, and must be kept out of damage, lest it turn into a ticking time bomb.

• The Blood of Copero has half the life of a normal synthetic crystal, when it's life runs out, it becomes even more fragile, and unstable.

Taramaz Arcturus

T
[member=Auberon] Fixed, on the same note, would the black colour crystal need to be linked? Referencing the rule,

• All specifically named materials used in submissions must be linked to their page on Wookieepedia, wikipedia, or their factory submission on Chaos. General materials, such as 'metal' or 'starship components', do not need to be linked.
Seeing as the crystal is unnamed, and possesses no actual different abilities, I'm going to assume it falls under the category of General Materials, if not, please let me know, and I'll explain to you carefully why I'm not going to waste my time searching for a link that doesn't exist get a link. Anything else?

[member="Taramaz Laurs"], I have three linkable potential crystals that you are more than welcome to use.

Black Krayt Dragon Pearl - No additional effects. Just nice looking and expensive.
Marilite - Black/Dark Grey Lightsaber crystal that was used for energy sources.
Lignan Crystal - Dark side aligned and allowed sabers to have better cutting power with a more fiercely burning blade.

EDIT: Thank you [member="Valdus Bral"] for the addition. Yes, you are correct, they can be black, but its very rare.

Taramaz Laurs said:
Cortosis will short the blade if in contact. (Chance based, seeing as the Blood of Copero sub mentions the crystal can cut through Cortosis)
This can be removed as in the now approved submission, the Lightsaber crystal can allow the weapon to cut through Cortosis. Secondary to this, can you add the weaknesses of the crystal, into the submission for this lightsaber in your own words please?

Taramaz Arcturus

T
[member=Auberon] Changes have been made, please let me know if I missed anything, it's 11:35 for me right now, I'm tired, it's a Friday night. Thanks.

Taramaz Laurs said:
Cortosis will short the blade if in contact. (Chance based, seeing as the Blood of Copero sub mentions the crystal can cut through Cortosis)
You can remove this weakness. The lightsaber crystal allows the lightsaber to cut through Cortosis.

Otherwise, this looks fine.

[member="Taramaz Laurs"],

Taramaz Arcturus

T
[member=Auberon] Thanks for pointing that out, forgot to remove that. Should be good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom