Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Sands of Socorro...

Black_sands_of_socorro.jpg
Location: Socorro - former site of the Jedi Guardian Academy​
The place was a heap, that was to be very sure of things, and to put it lightly. When they had come, the Galactic Empire had come in force to destroy the Academy on Socorro. And it was little wonder why they had gone to such lengths, really. The Academy on Socorro was, once upon a time, the very heart of the sect of Jedi that called themselves Guardians. Those who dedicated themselves to the art of combat, to being on the front lines of peril and war to protect the people of the Galaxy. Why wouldn't you raze it to the ground utterly?

Thankfully, for the most part, the foundations still stood, and so Julius had started there. The work was long, and hard, and they were mostly sleeping in tents as walls were being slowly erected by some crews, and others had explored some of the subterranean holdfasts and chambers. Most of them were storage spaces, long since rotted and vanished food, illegible scrolls, dead power cells and supplies. Nothing of use, but Julius had demanded a thorough search and catalogue of everything in the vain hope that surely something had been hidden away of value. If not, they would begin anew entirely, but anything to help.

Socorro was a black sand world, which was a good thing, or so the Sullustan contractor he had hired to help him plan things said. The black sand meant there was a high ferrous iron content to the grains, and then he had begun rattling off about compounds and strengthening the composition of the blocks and bricks that made up the walls. It wasn't that Julius had tuned him out, as he used to do when he was bored or uninterested, it was just that he couldn't follow the man, so he had given his sign off and went about his business.

Hopefully his contractors in the Alliance could provide materials, covertly as he had asked, and not demand to use the place as a staging point for mass raids and the like. He wouldn't tell them no, if it were needed, but to him there were plenty of better places to strike from, if they needed to strike the Techno Union. This was a backwater world in the middle of nowhere, and in general, such places tend to be turned a blind eye towards unless they necessitated attention. Socorro had always been a rather lawless smugglers world, even when the Academy were here and thriving.

So he had stressed in his requests for aid forming it that it remain that way, a private and mostly hidden place where he could bring students to instruct them in proper usage of their lightsabers. Truth be told, too many of the "jedi" of today, even those that called themselves Guardians, were woefully ignorant of the finer points of instruction in the blade arts. Not that Julius was any sort of Master Drailig or Windu or Bulq, mind you. But he certainly had skill, and he had the ambition and drive and the wisdom (he hoped) to see this place revive enough those more vaunted than him would eventually come. For now, it was enough to teach padawans, and younglings.

Besides, once long ago, Socorro had been founded as a colony world of Corellia. If the numbers were kept low, and quiet, this would be a perfect place to let Corellians fleeing from raids or staging them to stop over and prepare for things, and it's history as a smuggling paradise and colony world made it all the more fitting to add a few rooms in the basement to that purpose. Something in that plan resonated in him, a rightness that he was quickly coming to realize meant the Force had guided him to that old book that taught the history of the Guardians, and mentioned their old Academy here.

So he had them working on preparing a rough outer wall to the dormitory area first, working on replicating the exact design of the prior Academy, for one reason really. They could duel and practice in the sand, the shifting terrain was good for footwork anyway. And because, if people were going to come to help build things, or hide, they needed a place to rest. The only thing the Corellian had done that was at all not purposeful and pragmatic was to erect a driftwood looking sign where the front door was to be, with a rather crookedly carved block of text on it. It wasn't a Corellian saying, it was all Julius. But it fit the man well, and gave tell to what he hoped to achieve here on the Black Sands.

"We are here to drink beer.
We are here to kill war.
We are here to laugh at the odds
And live our lives so well
That Death will tremble to take us"
It was under the sign that Julius rested, canteen of water in hand, watching the small landing pad nearby. He had invited [member="Darius"] to the site, telling him to come quietly, and if he brought anyone, to limit it to one person, not a whole squad of his men. The coordinates were given, along with the name of the planet. There was no surety the boy would know the history of the place, his lessons on the Guardian path had been long ago and brief.

But he did include a warning it was just a hairbreadth away from the Techno Union, and he had best behave and not coming looking for a fight. Nearby sat a slumbering tailring, harnessed and quite sedate for the moment. The thing had tried to bite Julius his first day on the planet, and even his lightsaber ignited didn't scare it off, so he had taken a shine to it, and was trying to train and tame it. Even bought some book off a local trade on how to do it.

The quote is originally from Charles Bukowski, not myself.

Soccoro wasn't the kind of place Darius would usually visit. The majority of his time was spent within alliance space; if he was anywhere else, it was usually military business. The boy wasn't particularly important to the war effort - there were plenty of Jedi with more experience - but the number of Jedi in the galaxy was starting to dwindle. Even padawans were put to work.

When Julius had asked of him, the young man had not hesitated to answer his summons. [member="Mediha"] would not accompany him on this outing. This was a more personal affair, and while the Nightsister was present for most of the happenings in his life recently, he was not ready to bring her around his adoptive father. Master Sedaire had never been the judgmental sort, but Mediha's sharp edges needed to be softened just a bit before he brought her around those closest to him.

The shuttle he had borrowed was an old junker; one that was designed to lug cargo across the galaxy. It was one of hundreds that passed through the system, and though Socorro was not the most developed world in the galaxy, it made enough sense for one to visit to get Darius on world unharmed.

It came to a low rumbling stop atop the landing pad moments after being cleared with tradesman's security. Darius wasted no time in making his way down the opening gangplank, clad in traditional, albeit shorter, Jedi robes.

"Master," he smiled as he approached the older man, "What in Corellia's Nine Hells is that?" The padawan redirected his attentions to Julius' new pet. Odd creature, that one.

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Julius grinned a bit and waved his arms about the vast expanse of sand as if showing off a grand treasure. Perhaps to most it would be nothing more than a arid wasteland and a backwater world to become lost on. But there was history here, and legends had been born right on this spot. Nothing so grand as a Force Nexus marked this, but Julius fancied he could feel the shades of those depart warriors who had once trained here, whose footsteps he was following in as closely as he could. There was little of exact replication, that wasn't his style, but it was definitely in every sense of the word, an homage to his predecessors.

Fractionally, Julius looked at the juvenile tailring, which opened a lazy warm-gold eye and fixed it to [member="Darius"] and let out a lazy hiss. That sound wasn't threatening or particularly territorial really, so Julius remained relaxed as he rose. It was more like Lysander was greeting the newcomer into his abode. Which the frighteningly fast little critter seemed to fully believe it was in charge of things around here. First it would be Julius' home, and then eventually an Academy like the old days of the Republic. When Julius was ready, and was able to be a proper instructor and leader of men and women who danced on the blades edge of combat.

"This? This is home Darius. Come now, I wasn't that bad of a teacher... Socorro was a Corellian colony... Home to Lando Calrissian, and what else did it boast, hmmm? Something you and I in particular should be beholden to. Come now... Humor me and answer? Oh, and mind the tailring, he's a bit grumpy, lost a hunt earlier today..."

Darius knew some of Socorro's history. Probably not as much as Julius would have liked, but some. His lips parted as he tried to find the right words - until the little beast started hissing at him, anyway. Darius eyed the little beast, lips pressed into a thin line. The boy was unimpressed.

"I know a number of Jedi used to gather here at some kind of academy," he piqued up, shifting his gaze back to the Corellian Jedi. He cracked a thin smile and gestured toward the sands, "Not the prettiest place either. Black on black. I didn't take you for the gloomy type Master." Darius snickered and turned his attentions back to the tailring. It looked like something out of an old wives' tale; meaning it suited Julius perfectly.

"What's our business here Master? Not that I don't like seeing you - a planet within the grip of the Techno Union just doesn't seem like the kind of place for a picnic." He lofted a brow. "I brought my lightsaber, if we're going to need them."

"When people are looking to wipe you out, to find you and burn you root and stem.... You don't hide away in some great fortress tucked away in the forgotten corners. Because when they begin to look, those forgotten corners are first remembered. The best place to hide has always been in the open, where they think they are safe. Besides, the Techno Union are allied to the One Sith because of power and strength. They are businessmen and women first and foremost. If the tides of the Galaxy shift enough that the One Sith begin to fall in truth... I have no doubt they will switch to the next leading power. Never to be trusted, people with cunning. But they are excellent to use themselves in turn, so long as you admit what you have in them."

Here he turned, and the canteen floated easily up into his hand, without the characteristic shakes and wobbles of his prior usages with telekinetic abilities. He would never be a [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], not really ever that strong or even close. But perhaps, just maybe as he trained, he would be on par with other Jedi in some regards, at the least. Uncapping the battered thing, he took a long swallow and sighed, dumping some out onto his fingers and flicking them at his new companion. It opened its' eye again, lashing its' tail with an annoyed growl that spoke violence, but like hounds and dogs are oft found doing, the thing seemed to smile somehow, as if it was a longstanding game between them.

"But you are right... The Black Sand is depressing, and serious, but for a reason to me. The Socorro Academy was home to the premiere training center for Jedi who called themselves Guardians. Those that, like you and I, excelled in the art of combat and war and its' related disciplines. While what I intend to build will never be so grand in measure, not in my design, it is my intent to rebuild such a center. Albeit, as I said, smaller. Whilst hiding in the open is wise, there is no need to put out a neon sign and host a welcome party.

It'll begin as a modest training center, for me to train pupils at, and others to come and do so. Some dwellings or habs, a landing pad or two, maybe a hangar underground. But nothing ever too fancy. Sadly, it doesn't look like much remains after the Old Empire under Palpatine purged this place root and stem. We're still searching the underground caverns and the like, but nothing yet. Would have liked to find a holocron or two, there must have been some here at some point..."

Turning, he regarded the boy, and smiled again as he mentally corrected himself to not regard Darius as a boy. He was leading troops in battle, fighting wars. And if that Nightsister was any indication, he was making his stands on things like morality, compassion, mercy and all those fine things. A padawan learned the guide posts from his Master to consider such dilemnas and be safe when finding what direction his compass lead him. A Jedi Knight though? That was something different entirely, they stepped beyond those guiding points and experienced life unadulterated, and reacted to it. As he was doing now, by building what he was here on these grains of jet. So he reached down and grasped a medium sized bag, tossing it to Darius with a slight chunk.

"High time we had a talk anyhow, with you mentioning lightsabers... That's a gift. We never knew your birthday in the Order, so I've always celebrated at random, to show you birth doesn't matter. That bag has your birthday gifts... I happened across a durindfire crystal some time ago, but I've begun using another blade, so it's use isn't so much needed anymore. They're useful, and make quite a sight with such a silver blade. There's also a few notes of mark, so to speak in there... Recommendations where to go for things to establish yourself, even though you're doing just fine on your own. Introduction notes to some folks who might remember me kindly, should you want a good custom blaster, some armor, a ship, or what have you.

And, a Jed Cred... I don't care where you came from, you're mine.. I raised you from a snot-nosed brat into a less snotty-nosed brat and that's all there is to it. You're Corellian, and any who want to argue that can speak to me. There's also papers in there, should you ever go to Corellia. If anything of my family exists, and honors my name any, it names you as my son. Full rights to family funds from the shipping business, with my approval, and of course rights to stay there. I just ask you keep it low key and quiet if you do. Far as I'm concerned, you're a Jedi now. No more of this Padawan business. All grown up, stars save us..."

Master Sedaire's explanation made sense, though Darius had grown rather fond of big ridiculous fortresses. They might not have been the easiest to hide, but they were certainly the most theatrical. The padawan had grown to have a sense of fantasy for things - he liked everything big and overblown. Of course, as a Jedi, this was discouraged, and he did his best to remain humble. Unfortunately, when something had the potential to find its place in a particularly good story, Darius couldn't help but wish for it to be true.

Still, he rather liked the bleak sand, for all its antagonistic qualities.

"Forgive me master. I happen to like my large mountain fortresses. They're fancy," the young man cracked a wry little grin and folded his arms over his chest, "It's not a bad spot, so long as the operation isn't going to be huge. Of course, we'll eventually beat back the Techno Union, and then you can make it as big as you like." The smile widened in its surety. In Darius' mind, victory was not a possibility, it was an inevitability. That sense of invincibility was borne from recent victories on the field of battle, and the sudden shift of the war. It certainly didn't hurt that Darius had an almost ridiculous streak of optimism.

The student's teasing manner evaporated as Julius explained the grounds' true purpose. A restoration of the Jedi academy on Socorro? An academy run by Master Sedaire? Darius couldn't have approved further. The New Jedi Order had their temple; problem was they tended to be a bit...lenient? Most of the people in charge were too young. Folks didn't abide by any Jedi tenets - only those they created for themselves. It was chaos, and while that had plenty of merits, Darius had grown to be a supporter of a need for core beliefs. Defense of the people should be their greatest purpose; those who crawled into the beds of Sith should not be teaching padawans.

Of course, he was a padawan himself, so what weight did his opinion hold?

"Say the word, and I'll help. I'm sure Mediha would enjoy a break from the fighting. Maybe." He snorted, just barely catching the bag as it was tossed his way. He gave his adoptive father a puzzled look as he opened it up; expression shifting to one of awe as Julius mentioned the durindfire fire crystal. Blue eyes shot up to his old teacher, but Julius further words brought the boy to silence. A Corellian? Adopted? A Jedi Knight? The young man blinked.

"Master, I...I don't know what to say," he mumbled, lips parted as he tried to find words to express his gratitude. He had always considered Julius his father in everything but name. The man had guided him from his earliest years, and served as the counter-moral compass to his own. Every one of his actions, he measured up to Master Sedaire's in comparison. To have their bond officiated was...overwhelming.

Tucking the bag safely away within his robe, Darius stepped forward and threw his arms around the bulkier man, squeezing tight. "You've always been my father master, I hope you know that. This...thank you." He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, drawing comfort from the momentary embrace. He missed Master Sedaire these days. The war kept him from his old teacher's side. Either of them could meet their end at any time - he needed to remind Julius that he truly appreciated his guidance whenever he could.

With a quiet sigh, the young man pulled away, blue eyes searching Julius' expression. "A knight? Do you really think I'm ready?"

"Is anyone ready, Darius? That isn't the point of being a Padawan Learner, not in my eyes. Many confuse that point, or muss it up in dogma and rules. Pre-packaged lesson plans and skill-charts to tick off.. The purpose of a Master, the purpose of a Padawan, is to learn until the Padawan demonstrates ability to begin to make choices for himself or herself. Not to prepare him or her for war, because some are not born to such pursuits. And to treat each Learner the same is folly... It is primarily so that they can come to know themselves, and their path, and to know the dangers and pitfalls of choosing their own way. And to be there for them as they choose their path in Knighthood."

The Corellian stopped, rubbing his chin and gazing out at the fading of the light across the sand-plains. He gazed back at the rising walls and construction, smiling softly and happily. With consideration, he applied what he had just said to his son to his own question, and nodded contentedly. There was little and less to add or say really, the conclusion had been made as he had begun to make his home here on the old Corellian colony-world.

Darius was a man now, ready to step into his own shape and life. Julius had done the best by him that he could. Not always the best decisions entirely, in hindsight, but the best the Green Jedi could make. The tailring on the sand hopped towards Darius, and oddly enough rubbed itself against his ankle before biting at his calf and rolling over on it's back, presenting its' belly quite tamely, though the gleam in its' eyes was almost feline in quality.

"So you tell me Darius Sedaire, do you not feel ready? Are there lessons you would learn first? More than you would know and do and be taught? If there is, we will cover it. I am not forcing you from my teaching, merely saying... In my eyes, you are ready to forge your own path. And if you still need instruction, I will always be there to teach you and guide you. The change of title does nothing to that for us."

[member="Darius"]

Darius fell silent as he considered his mentor's words. He had learned much in the past two years; far more than he ever had while waiting around on Endor. The galaxy was a very big place, and he had inadvertently thrown himself into it, entirely unready and inexperienced. He should ave died on a number of occasions, and yet the Force saw fit to guide him out of danger. The very fact that he still breathed was a testament to his achievements, and yet he still felt it wasn't enough. Had he done Julius proud? Was there something missing?

"I've done a lot since I left your side master. I've almost died...well, far more times than I would like to admit," he snickered, "I want to help people, and I've done the best I can. I just don't know if I'm ready for the responsibility." The boy shook his head.

I don't think anyone sees themselves as ready.

Drawing up to his full height, Darius gently nudged the tailring with the tip of his boots; his eyes falling to the obsidian sands. "That being said, I've always measured myself to your judgement. If you think I'm ready, then I'm ready." He flashed the older man a warm smile and folded his arms over chest. If he was to be a Jedi Knight, then so be it.

However...

"I did have a question master. I need your advice," he frowned, "It's a woman. Her name is [member="Kinsey Starchaser"]. We escaped the Sith together, and now we have some kind of bond between us in the force. We've also assumed-...well, we have some form of a relationship. The issue being that a Sith Lord will come for her. One of the more powerful ones. My first instinct is to stay by her side, to protect her, but there's a war going on, and Mediha needs my help rebuilding her clan."

He shook his head.

'What should I do?"

"I am the last one to rail against emotion and attachment... My master, an Atrisian named Marasun, often chided me greatly about this. I think it's something bred into the Corellian stock. And I raised you the same way my parents raised me, for the time they had me. To deny feelings, to deny love or hate, is to deal in the same black and white world the Sith live in. When you live from one extreme to the other, the fall is often swifter and more decisive, because you have no experience with what you are suddenly feeling. At least, that is my opinion, and one I've held for a number of years as a Jedi Knight...Granted, it is not Orthodox, but those who live in Council Chambers shut away from the world rarely have the acumen to accurately say how said world should conduct its' affairs.."

Julius idly fiddled with the canteen, remembering how at first he had pined over Seraphina, and eventually moved beyond to consider her just a friend. Attachment was dangerous, risky in their business, if you could call it that. Alcholism and other vices had almost claimed him, pining over that pink twi'lek.. Though he hadnt admitted that was the reason why. Darius had hit the nail on the head with just exactly whyit was so risky, really. When the love for another over rode duty to protect and safeguard others, is when it became a problem and a worry. When self-interest and indulgence over-rode duty, as he had so recently discovered, it became something you had to watch all the more closely and warily. But how to explain to a lad likely experiencing such emotions for the first time? And how to do it so he wouldn't throw it all away and run right to this girl and through the depths of the Nine Hells and the traps of the Dark Side to get there.

"This Starchaser lass... Does she know what you feel? Is she unable to journey with you? Does she understand your duty? These and other things become the issues, in truth. When your emotions cloud your duty and commitments, they become a problem and not a strength and source of reliance. Would you save her to the neglect of five other lives? Ten other lives? You are already contemplating leaving a war to protect her, and that does not bode well, son. Not at all. You have to ask yourself if this will become recurrent. And which Sith Lord is after her, exactly? Sometimes if you remove the root, the rest of the problem dies off."

Suddenly, he quirked an eyebrow and shook his head.

"And what in the goramn nine hells are you doing rebuilding a Nightsister Clan?"

[member="Darius"]

The boy fell silent as Julius spoke his peace. Truthfully, Darius had no idea what he was doing. He hadn't dared ask such questions of himself - he had no desire to complicate things. Yet he had come to Julius for answers, and all the complications that came with them. Would he value Kinsey's life over another's? Mumbling a quiet curse under his breath, he fell down to the sand and crossed his legs; lips pressed into a thin line as he sought answers.

"She's a fighter. She was one long before we met. Her uncle is, well, important in the alliance. Some kind of commander. I worked with him briefly. He wants to keep her on the move. That works well enough, but she isn't fully trained. Part of me worries she couldn't hold her own in a real conflict."

It sounded like an insult, though that was not how he meant it. His concerns were borne of worry, not arrogance. If Kinsey were to be hurt...well, to say the least, he would be displeased. He keenly recalled how he had reacted when Mediha was attacked by the Witches. With Kinsey, such a reaction would occur again, on a much larger scale.

Perhaps he should worry about that more than he'd opted to before.

"The, uh, Nightsisters? Like I said, I owe it to Mediha. Her clan was wiped out while we were on Dathomir, but they weren't bad folks. She's all alone now - the least I can do is give her a helping hand before she goes off on her own."

"The Nightsister is, to me, the bigger concern. Even their non-Darksided clansmen and women are almost unilaterally vicious and brutal. I don't say to leave her in the cold and alone, but you have to watch the line you walk. There are some who will affect quite deep reaching schemes, just to topple a young Jedi like yourself. Or you may well fall by accident, not able to tow a line the Dathomiri people flirt with all too often. The Dark Side isn't always insidious and evil. Sometimes it comes in the fairest of guises, in the face of a friend you would do anything for, a friend who makes you forget duty in favor of love. You have two such concerns. Help this Nightsister, yes. But be cautious, and do not set aside the war to play house, so to speak."

Taking another swig from the canteen as he uncapped it, the older Jedi offered it to Darius. He nodded thoughtfully, smiling as if in reflection, which on a certain set of views was proper. A student, no matter their own ability and knowledge, should make you question yourself, and rethink your presumptions and ideals. There was little and less use in a master-padawan relationship if only one side of that dualism learned and grew. And beyond just a student, this was his son if he admitted feelings to himself. He was worried for him, worried for Darius and how he was proceeding. The lad had always had a big heart, same as Julius. And it would wreck pain and suffering in him if he wasn't careful.

"If you are worried about her defending herself... Best thing I can tell you about a woman? Be honest with her. She will find out about it one way or the other. Your best option is honesty, even if it does cause a ruckus. Best for both of you, in the end. Tell her your feelings, tell her your worries. Be sure you let her know it's not a doubt of her, but a concern because of those hunting her. As well, when you love, you want to protect and ward from harm... But you do have to let the person or thing face the world... You cannot keep them behind glass...And if she is that vulnerable... Bring her here... We can show her enough to keep her on her own feet. Starchaser is a name I know well enough, and if she is of [member="Coren Starchaser"] and his blood as I assume... She will have the grit to pass mettle."

[member="Darius"]

Mediha was dangerous, that much Darius understood. She had not wasted any time in threatening to kill him when they had first met, and even seemed keen on the idea after they fought off the witches together. She had only calmed down somewhat when he had allowed himself to be maimed for her sake.

Darius would never be one to downplay the dangers of a pack of Vornskrs ever again.

Still, he also understood the Nightsister to a certain extent. Her entire clan had been wiped out; every last man, woman, and child was slaughtered in retaliation for the battle with the Witches. They had not been ready to defend themselves. Many were still sleep when blades were driven into their backs. So, from a certain point, he sympathized with her; wished to help her. Gods knew she had helped him many times in the past two months.

Was Master Sedaire right? Was she dangerous? Would the Nightsister attempt to sway him from the right path? Perhaps, but Darius knew she would not succeed. He was a product of Julius' training; a newly minted Knight firmly entrenched in his faith.

Then there was Kinsey. What Julius had to say about her was true. In his heart of hearts, Darius knew the girl was not weak. It was quite likely she was more powerful than he himself was, but the possibility of losing her was all too real.

"I'm not too worried about Mediha. I have my faith master, you taught me that," he flashed the older man a smile, "- and Kinsey...Maybe I can get her to join us here for a time. I don't want to lose her."

Darius paused.

"I have memories that aren't my own Julius. An older woman with red hair, a man that looks exactly like me, another man I don't recognize, and...one I do," the boy frowned, "Do you know where I came from Master?"

It was inevitable, he supposed, in the end. This question had been warned as soon as he had taken the young boy on as an apprentice, and announced his intentions to raise him as well. There had been cautions to him from the Council at the time, warnings and admonishments against the idea of his actions. But, in the end, he had insisted and persisted, and the Council had relented. It had been touch-and-go for a few moments, to be honest, but his arguments had won him through. In truth, he did not know quite why he had argued so assiduously for the boy to be his padawan. Perhaps it was a rare moment of clarity with the Force. A premonition of what was to come someday or some such. Or maybe he was just a stubborn arse Corellian who wanted to irritate the Council.

Either way, he was prepared for this question, though he loathed to answer it. They had given him a datacron with what little information they knew on the boy. Where he was found, what had happened to him, the whole nine. Julius had read it, when he though Darius was lost to him. And the information, while incomplete and patchy, would give the boy a firm foundation to seek his birth parents, if he wanted it. In fact, Julius might even have a few guesses to get him even closer in his search, but for the moment he kept all this information to himself and merely studied the man in front of him before speaking. For now, the issue of the women would be let to lie.

"This is something you can't unlearn boy. Once you know these things, you can't erase the knowledge from your head. Not without some bad mojo. Best be sure you are ready for it, and the burden it will bring. If you are sure you want to know, I can give you some pointers as to where to start figuring it all out."

[member="Darius"]

What?

Darius had never been the type to wonder about what ifs. So far as he had been concerned, his birth parents were either long dead, or somewhere on the other side of the galaxy. He'd never had much of any desire to find them - Master Sedaire had more than fulfilled both their roles during his childhood. Still, such memories were off-putting to say the least, and without any context to them, he knew he would be spending far too much time mulling them over. Perhaps it was better to seek these people out and figure out exactly what happened.

Why they left me.

"I don't want to," he murmured as he fell down in the middle of the hand. "What kind of people were they? Do you know?" He pulled his arms tight around himself, searching for some semblance of comfort. "Do you know who the Sith is?"

That one worried him. The boy, the two adults, he knew they had some relation to him. What he did not understand was why the Sith had come for them, had done what he did. Perhaps Julius could shed some light on him, or perhaps not. It was worth asking anyway.

"I, uh, I do want to. I need to know-...need to know where to look. I need to know whatever you know, Master."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom