Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Bound Book

The wretched sun beat down upon The Prowler's brown felt hat mercilessly. He was covered head to toe in his usual attire, plain brown coat, black under shirt, black pants and a bandana covering his face. Nothing to mark him to far out of the ordinary. But, for the hundredth time he wish he could strip from his clothes so as to alleviate the heat that vexed him. His boots kicked up red iron rich dirt as he marched through the desert tirelessly. Not even the wind graced this desolate wasteland. All was quiet except for the sound of his feet crunching upon cracked earth.

Thankfully the sun was beginning to go down, but with the night came it's predators. The Prowler heard the distant howl of Tuk'ata and his hand grasped at his rapier absent mindedly. The blade was of inornate design and the only thing of note upon it was a red gem upon its hilt. The gem was infused with the simplest of dark magics that allowed the thing to act as a lightsaber. Keeping the blade laser sharp no matter what it cut. An ancient sword quiet possibly obtained from one of these tombs he meandered through now.

The sun finally set and the wind began to lick the earth. With it The Prowler thought he could hear the faint whispers of the dead. Calling to him to join them in their eternal tortures. He ignored them. He had done his fair share of killing and kept his own ghost. He approached a tomb marked by two large monolithic pillars. He took a moment to withdraw a crude drawing on a piece of papyrus. It looked to be the exact same as the drawing and he knew this to be the place.

"We are here, I shall lead the way,"

[member="Dubiety"]

Korriban was so different at night. The dull red of the sands and stone dulled to an almost grey, giving the whole world an almost restful look. Of course, any Sith with half a brain knew that this was an illusion. The Tuk'ata were one of many beasts that hunted, and they were among the least scary. Beneath the sands, behind the rocks, monsters lurked, waiting to devour the unfortunate Acolyte foolish enough to wander out alone.

Dubiety wasn't alone however. His tall form stood behind [member="The Prowler"] , his hands resting by his sides. The whispers of the dead were nothing new to him. Such was Sith training after all, learning to cope with the madness. "For an outsider you know your way well. Be careful not to fall for their traps however. To guard their secrets and test the new generation these tomb's were made to kill." He stepped in beside the cloaked man, his eyes behind his mask already scanning the surroundings. "So many secrets to be had for those who can survive."

The Prowler listened to the Acolyte's words and nodded in assent without truly giving way to much. He had never been to Korriban, but the papyrus he carried held detailed instructions of the tomb's layouts. That and he had an affinity with spirits. Some times it was good to listen, the half madness half lies of their stories often indirectly pointed to the truth. Such was why they had come here in the first place. Buried deep within the tomb before them was a sith lord who had mastered the ways of the dead. Summoning spirits to teach him their craft directly. Raising armies of corpses to do his bidding. It was ironic that he could raise the dead, but not stop himself from dying.

Somehow though, The Prowler didn't believe that was entirely true.

His Sanguine eyes could see in the dark, but he doubted his companion could. He reached into his pack and withdrew a simple torch. He scraped it on the ground and it's fire sprang to life. The duo would enter the tomb and the Prowler watched as the foreign glyphs on the wall shifted and turned beneath his gaze. As soon as he came close to deciphering the meaning to one it seemed to phase to something else entirely. It was maddening and the Prowler decided it'd be best to simply ignore them. He placed the torch on a sconce and withdrew his papyrus.

"We are here," He motioned with a finger towards what appeared to be the entrance "And the tome we seek lies within the farthest reaches of the tomb here," he said moving his finger across multiple rooms until it finally rested in the far right corner.

He looked up and was slightly surprised when he realized the sconces that had once been empty were now filled with fresh unlit torches.

"Had those.." He paused deciding it was nothing and grabbed the torch off the wall.

Beckoning his companion to follow he prepared to light one of the torches within their sconce but as he did so, it lit on it's own accord. Glowing a deep amethyst. He backed away from the torch and eyed it inquisitively.

"The keepers of this tomb still yet linger..." He growled to his companion as the rest of the torches lit on their own.

[member="Dubiety"]

"If the dead still lay claim to their tome, that map will prove useless soon enough." The man was indeed blind in the dark, but as they entered the tomb he held up his hand, letting it spark with the purple-blue light of the Sith's lightning. His own handmade torch. Those sparks died down however as the tomb's own lighting arose. Dubiety stepped up beside [member="The Prowler"] as they both watched the whole room light, his hands once again down by his sides as lightning danced between his gloved fingertips.

"I trust you can handle yourself. I'm no bodyguard afterall."

The Prowler watched as the torches lit washing the room with a strange purple aura. It was a eerie glow and he thought he could hear the faint whisper of tormented souls trapped within the light of each torch. The Prowler's companion spoke and his words wrung true. The map seemed fruitless in such a maze. He crumpled it up and threw it to the floor furtively. That's when he heard the first of them, a faint groan coming from the hall to the left. A snarl coming from the hall to the right. Decrepit noises that sang of a thousand lost souls amassing for a charge. The Prowler's hand shot to his rapier and he prepared for the worse

"I need no guard," He said simply as the growls grew closer.

That's when he saw the first of them. An emaciated being wearing ancient armor of the Sith. It's eyes were lifeless grey orbs and the stench of rot was ever present. The thing leaped faster then The Prowler would've thought possible. He side stepped it and swung his sword downwards with one arm cleaving the thing in twain as it continued forward, thrown by it's own momentum. Then something peculiar happened, a blue aura arose from the corpse and fed one of the torches. The Prowler was begging to get it. It was a proving grounds of sorts. All they had to do was kill enough of these things to feed the torches so that they may proceed.

"I'll watch the left corridor," The Prowler snarled as three more zombies emerged.

The trio charged him and he cut one's head clean off, while the other two he gripped by the neck with the force. He raised both hands and brought them together. The two undead that had been suspended in air went flying towards one another and crushed each other, ending in an explosion of decaying guts, flesh, and bone. The Prowler smiled as a bit of flesh flew to land on his boot. He was going to enjoy this.

[member="Dubiety"]

"Zombies? My my, a little on the nose isn't it? Though, I suppose it makes sense for the evil dead to be watching the tomb of their master." Dubiety chuckled to himself as he watched [member="The Prowler"] dispatch the first of these monstrous creatures. To any normal soul these would be among the most frightening things imaginable. But neither of the men in this tomb were normal. The masked figure turned his head to the right as more of the creatures came lumbering down to them.

He raised his hand to the monsters as the sparks that had been dancing between his fingers found focus, and a blast of lightning tore down through the hall, lightning up the whole room for a brief moment. With that, charred corpses fell to the ground, their essence floating towards the various torches. Dubiety lowered his hand, shaking it out as two more of the creatures followed down.

"We're in for the long haul aren't we?"

The Prowler listened as his companions boisterous voice rang out through the tomb, surely waking more of the dead.

"It would seems so," He said to his companion.

He took a look back to watch his companion release a magnificent storm of lightning which fried all in it's path. The stench of burned flesh hung clear in the air and The Prowler had to breathe threw his mouth lest the smell get the better of him. It painted the halls in a blue hue and in the light The Prowler could see the runes on the floor began to glow a strange amethyst as the torches grew more powerful. He could make out a singular dais in the center and knew this was to be a point of interest.

But, as he attempted to close the gap between himself and the dais more of the undead flooded in. He cut threw the horde in great swathes, but it wasn't enough. Not against the surge of clambering dead that was between them and their objective. A clawed finger scratched his arm and The Prowler grunted in pain. He spun round and cut the zombies arm clean off, but then he felt teeth bight into his shoulder, threatening to tear a chunk right out of him. He elbowed the zombie in the gut and it released him, with another spin he cut it's head off. All the while the torches continued to grow brighter.

Black ichor leaked from his shoulder and for the first time since he had died the Wayfarer saw his own blood. however rather then the red it used to be it was now sticky black and syrup like. He placed hand to his shoulder and grunted. These foul beast would pay for that. He raised both hands and let the force flow through him. He felt a great power build up in his hands. Starting as the whispering of wind all around the tomb it materialized in the palm of his hands as a great tornado. He sent the great whirl wind towards the horde and it shred whatever lay directly in it's path. Those on the outer edge of it were pushed back by the sheer force. Their path momentarily cleared The Prowler could once more see the dais, the torches having been fed enough energy to power the ancient mechanical device it began spiraling ever downwards.

"Quickly we must reach that elevator!"

[member="Dubiety"]

That first shock was one of the last Dubiety had to offer. As an Acolyte, his power was far from infinite. Already he retreated back as the Horde grew, his blasts of lightning small and targeted as the zombies closed in on him. His clothing was easily ripped as there was no armor quality to it and already his apparently pale skin underneath all those layers was stained with the gashes of the undead.

"I can clear a path, I just need a moment. Do what you can to cover me." And with that trust placed in [member="The Prowler"] he ducked close, his eyes shut behind his mask. He focused inward first, pulling at the remnants of his power. It wasn't enough, not for this horde. So he reached outwards, searching for a reservoir of power within this room. It was an easy find thankfully. The very torches lighting their path were filled with power. Thousands of invisible hands reached out to their cold warmth, and their glow dimmed as sparks danced across them. All at once those sparks became a torrent, flowing directly into Dubiety's form.

And then towards the elevator. Raw power burned through the air, impacting the beasts and turning them to dust on contact. It was a quick blast however, and as soon as the way was clear Dubiety stumbled his way there. "Quick, before they flood our path again."

The Prowler watched in horror as the Zombies he had pushed aside with his force-nado got back up to rush them again. The pair wouldn't stand a chance. Already The Prowler was heaving heavily from the exertion of swinging his sword. His vision was becoming tunneled and it was a hard fight to simply focus. It seemed the duo to be doomed, his companion covered in cuts and gnashes from the undead, whilst he did not fair much better. Dubiety called for aid and The Prowler rushed to his side. He hacked and slashed any undead that come near, but they were encircled. To many to fight off.

But, just as doom seemed eminent the Prowler felt something shifting in the force. Like a chill wind had swept in the chamber slowly one by one the torches began to snuff out, their power channeling up the length of Dubiety's arms. Visible purple lightning cascaded up and down his entire form and when the last of the torches went out he let loose with a literal storm of thunder. It's flashing form bathed the room in burst of blue hue light. The Prowler only caught glimpses of what transpired, as the light was almost blinding. The undead charged, the lightning shifted between the members of the horde, and their bodies burned to a ashen crisp. Finally when the storm had subsided the torches had lit anew with fresh souls to feed them.

Ash lay strewn about the floors and The Prowler kicked a half charred helmet still filled with dust. He heard his companions words and was reminded the undead may return at any moment. He rushed to the dais and upon contact the runes which adorned it began to glow. The dais shifted in place, the sound of rock grating against rock gave way to the function of ancient gears as they clicked in place. Slowly the dais shifted into a stair case which led to the depths below.

Each step downwards illuminated a new rune and The Prowler found their mad readings disturbing, yet comforting at the same time. As the duo exited the spiraled stair case the runes ceased and the lighting became nil. The Prowler could spy multiple cells. Each painted with a single giant Glyph. They were sacrificial chambers and he could still smell the ancient blood upon them as if it were fresh.The Prowler's eyes spied something shifting in one of the cells and steeled himself to fight more of the undead, but was surprised when he could feel the man was very much alive in the force.

"There's someone in that cage," He announced to his companion. A red haired youth with the looks of a man who had his wits about him... The Prowler approached the cage and asked a very simple question "Who are you?" He was sure the man was Sith. He had to have been to make it this far...

[member="Dubiety"]
[member="Lark"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
This personality of Lark's was certainly more cocky than he had any right to be.

He had been trapped in this dismal cage for over a day now, and he had spent most of that time either napping or throwing small rocks at the zombie-like creatures that stumbled by his cell every once and a while. The whole time he had a sly smile on his face. He had come here in search of ancient knowledge, hoping that whatever he uncovered might aid him in his personal mission. But alone, he was out of his league in this haunted locus. Lark was able to hold his own against the endless horde of beasts for some time before he was overwhelmed, captured, and placed in this prison, where he was supposed to await his long overdue death.

Of course, he wouldn't go quietly. As soon as the zombies took him out of this cage, he'd unleash the darkness inside of him. He could hear whispers of madness constantly, words never meant to fall upon human ears. But they didn't bother Lark.

In fact, he almost felt as though he could understand them.

His plans of escape changed when a duo emerged from the darkness. Lark was lounging on the ground, and as he heard the duo approach he opened his infernal eyes, watching the silhouettes approach him, questioning who he was. Lark rose steadily, and walked towards the bars. "My name is Lark," he began. "I came to this birthplace of the Sith hoping to find eldritch knowledge that might assist me in a peculiar quest of mine. As is evident, however, I was eventually overpowered by the forces within this tomb and brought here as a sacrifice, I suspect." Realizing that he might need proof to back up his words, he made a gamble. His weapons were outside the cell, and if the strangers took them and left Lark isolated he was as good as dead. But this was likely the only chance he'd have of escape. And if they did decide to leave him, he'd find a way out and kill them himself. "On a rack outside my cell are a pair of enchanted Sith weapons gifted to me by my former master, a dagger and a sword the color of frost, my constant companions. If you release me, I believe I can benefit the two of you in your search."

[member="The Prowler"] [member="Dubiety"]

"Lark? Oh! The boy from the desert! What a fantastic coincidence. Of course of course!" Dubiety had been rather silent as he and [member="The Prowler"] made their way down the stairs. He was studying, and for once his odd demeanor fell when confronted with actual knowledge. Still, the appearance of [member="Lark"] was a spectacular one. He had been able to survive the zombies on his own, which meant he could prove useful as a fighter in case a stronger foe waited.

Without bothering to check in with his partner the Epicanthix raised a hand and used his invisible reach to pull one of the mentioned weapons to his grasp. In a quick series of slashes he used the Sith Sword to carve down the bars confining the human. As soon as they fell he flipped the blade around, holding it pommel first for his fellow Sith Acolyte. "What caught you?"

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Narrowing his eyes, Lark realized how astronomically slim the chances of this occurrence was. He had met these two a handful of times before, but in the dim light he hadn't immediately recognized them. And their dark signature was shrouded from him as well, likely due to the overwhelming dark presence this tomb exuded. How fortuitous that he'd be rescued from men he had gone prospecting with before.

As Dubiety released him from that dreadful hovel, Lark stepped out, stretching his arms. He took the offered weapons graciously, sheathing them. "During my descent, I fought hordes of zombie-like beasts," Lark answered in response to his savior's question. "After a time, I was eventually overpowered, and attempted to retreat. But before I could make my exit, I felt something... dark." He trailed off for a moment, trying to remember what it was that knocked him to the ground. It wasn't one of the zombies, he was almost certain of that. "Whatever that thing was rendered me unconscious, and I'm assuming either that or the zombies dragged me down here."

[member="Dubiety"] [member="The Prowler"]

The Prowler listened as the youth spoke his name and various reasons for coming here. He cared little for the why or even the who, these tombs had ways of playing tricks on one and The Prowler trusted not even his own eyes. Still he could feel in the force this man was corporeal, not like the spirits that haunted this place, the dead that wandered these halls, or his own ghostly figure. But, somehow he knew this kindred spirit. Yes, they had wrought death upon many people for little reason other than that it might bring them closer to the void of darkness that threatened to consume all in it's shadowy maw.

It seemed they were bound to kill together again. The darkside had plans for these three that had yet to be entailed. The Prowler knew they would survive their encounters within this tomb for true they were guided by something greater. An unseen black hand moving them like chess pieces, perhaps they were guided by the Emperor, perhaps something even more sinister. Whatever the case, they're fate was sealed tighter then this tomb and The Prowler felt they'd be bound together, in this life and perhaps even in the afterlife.

Lark spoke of being knocked unconscious by a large beast and the Prowler let a silent sigh. Whatever this beast was that stalked these halls, it was sure to be much worse then the undead. The Prowler Growled at the thought and steeled himself for the fight to come. He raised a hand and with a snap of his fingers conjured a small flame.

His mastery of pyromancy was by far not great, but he could at least conjure the smallest of lights. He began to stalk down the halls and, looked into the sacrificial cells curiously. Skeletons and corpses in various states of decay lay strewn about them in piles. The fresher the corpses, the darker the glyphs appeared to be, as if they were drinking from the very blood of the dead.

Finally they neared the end of the hall and entered a corridor split two ways. Whether they chose left or right it mattered little for both corridors led to a great chamber. Upon their entrance it became lit by dozens of braziers with ghostly blue flames. Above these braziers sat markings of different colors. Their sat a single brazier in the center and this one was notable as it was alit with a multitude of colorful flames. Their was seemingly know way out but it didn't take the Prowler long to figure the puzzle.

"Dubiety channel the colored flames to their corresponding braziers,"

The Prowler sat ready for whatever traps may activate whilst they solved the puzzle.

[member="Dubiety"]
[member="Lark"]

"Another type of beast? Wonderful! We'll have plenty of chances to test our metal against such a powerful creature instead of these zombies. I do look forward to it." He spoke between panting breaths, trying to regain his composure from his earlier exertion. Dubiety was, after all, just a lowly acolyte still fresh from the academy. But he was eager to prove himself, and perhaps one day he could shed his armor and false name.

But for now, his gaze turned from [member="Lark"] to [member="The Prowler"] as he gave his orders. A slight chuckle escaped the Epicanthix. He'd listen, for now. Stepping into the middle of the room the Sorcerer to be held out his hands, pointing one towards the first flame and the other to the corresponding brazier. Lightning flashed from his fingers as he connected to the flame, absorbing it's energy as he had below, then unleashing it to the brazier to alight it with the proper color.

"This shouldn't take long, provided nothing bad ha-" He paused as a loud click sounded, and a far off door in the room opened. From within something hissed, and a pair of red eyes began to glow. "Ah, well. There you go."

Lark

Saint of the Damned
During his stay at the orphanage after his entire family either died or abandoned him, Lark had read almost constantly. All kinds of texts, subjects ranging from history to politics to biology. Whatever was on the shelf, he would read. By the time he left Myrkr, he had a solid grasp on what awaited him in the rest of the galaxy. Once he joined the Sith, any gaps in knowledge were filled in, thanks to the academy on Bastion. The library on Myrkr didn't have everything, after all, but Bastion offered him all of the tools he needed in order to expand his knowledge on certain subjects.

Most of the reading he did on Bastion was obviously connected to the Sith. Various Sith Lords, from Bane to Nihilus to Vader, the history and rules of various Sith orders, he had even become semi-fluent in the ancient language of the Sith. Included in these texts were species that the textbooks on Myrkr never covered, not a single footnote even mentioned them. He had read of the Terentatek, seen pictures of the beasts. In truth, the trio should have expected to see one here. The creature was nearly double Lark's height, with tusks and claws that could shred through him as though he were paper.

Lark smiled, still as cocky as he was in the cell. "Well hello there, beastie." He drew his enchanted weapons, the Terentatek wasn't the only monster with weapons that could shear with ease. "I believe we have some unfinished business."

[member="Dubiety"]
[member="The Prowler"]

The Prowler watched as a trap door slid open revealing a pair of glowing red eyes. It was an alchemical beast rank with darkside magics. Prowler could only guess as to what manner of monstrosity they'd have to face. But, it soon revealed itself. A Terentatek in all it's glory. Creatures created by the Sith to specifically hunt Jedi. The earth shook with each step forward and even the Prowler had to quell a desire to flee. Looking to his companion's and sensing their resolve steeled the Prowler's nerves. He charged the beast with blade drawn. It swung at him with a left taloned claw, but enhancing himself with the force, the Prowler leapt over it's clawed swing and unto it's back, stabbing downwards with blade he scored flesh. He clung tightly as the creature shook itself, attempting to throw him from it's back. He dug the blade deep and refused to let go. Then with all his might he tore downwards, cutting the creature's hide further. A toxic glass was released from the wound and the Prowler nearly fainted at the smell. Unable to pull his blade free, he performed a back flip and landed gracefully behind the monster. The Terentatek turned to face it's now unarmed prey and charged...

[member="Lark"]
[member="Dubiety"]

Dubiety had remained focused on the braziers as [member="The Prowler"] and [member="Lark"] began their dance with the Terentatek, moving the colors to their correct home, with increased speed now that the threat was clear. His skill wasn't going to be of any use against the beast. It's force resistant hide and light saber proof claws made him rather pointless. Well, at least until he looked over after his task was complete and saw his ally being cornered without a weapon.

A grin took over his features as he saw where the weapon was, and an idea came to mind.

"Lark, get your weapons embedded in it's hide. Only it's skin is resistant to the Force." As he spoke he flexed his fingers, letting lightning slowly spark around them as he began to build up a literal charge.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark nodded his head at Dubiety's suggestion. He darted forward, rushing towards the Terentatek nearly as quick as the wind. Prowler would have to hold his own for a moment in order for Lark to do what he needed to do. The beast that feasted on the blood of Force sensitives, it would not be one that could be felled easily. They could chip away at it's concentrated, natural armor all they wanted, but there might be a simpler way to bring an end to this threat.

The Prowler, intentionally or not, had already done half the work. He had drug his sword through the Terentatek's flesh, causing a ragged scar like a thorn. If Lark could tear into that wound, Dubiety could potentially unleash his power on the insides of the Terentatek.

Lark jumped, plunging his sword into the exposed skin, tracing the cut that Prowler drew. He was able to dig the vampire's sword out using his own, although he didn't dare touch the thing. Lark knew he wouldn't be able to use it to it's full effect, but in all honesty he still hadn't quite nailed down what that weapon truly did. But he knew it was possible that some unforeseen side effects might fall upon him if he attempted to wield it.

Yanking his sword out of the beast's hide, Lark could feel it split open, exposing the gooey innards inside. The Terentatek let out a horrifying roar of pain, and Lark fell to the ground, coughing because of the beast's vile blood, narrowly avoiding a powerful stomp. The Terentatek was angry, not only were these tiny beings trespassing, but they had wounded it as well. "Whenever you're ready," he said smugly towards Dubiety.

[member="Dubiety"]
[member="The Prowler"]

The Prowler watched as the beast charged. He thought for sure it meant his life was over, but Lark hopped atop the beast back, hacking and slashing at it's wound once more. The Prowler was still cornered but he saw that Lark had knocked his sword loose. He ran forward charging the beast with his own guttural battle cry, he slid underneath a clawed arm as it swung upwards towards Lark. Continuing his sprint he grabbed hold the sword, but the beast turned round to face the trio once more and inadvertently shielded it's wound. The Prowler sighed to himself as he knew one of them would have to act as bait. He charged the beast then performed a flip over it's head, attempting to electrocute the wound as he did so. But, the creature was swift and made an about face turn towards him. His landing was less then graceful as he hit the wall. He fell to his knees and hands, but managed to keep hold his sword. Holding it up in a defensive posture he hoped Dubiety would be quick, or the Prowler was surely doomed.

[member="Lark"]
[member="Dubiety"]

"Perfect." Dubiety grinned as [member="The Prowler"] turned the creature around. For a second, he was tempted to let the beast strike the man down as a means to remove a rival, but such a Sith thought was pushed back. This man was more than just a tool. He was an ally, and while not fully trusted he couldn't afford to loose allies. And so, as the lightning built up his arms as they had down below, he unleashed the torrent of electricity for the open wound on the beast.

Midstrike on it's intended prey it suddenly roared, it's whole body arching as the lightning coursed through it's body. Ironically, it's very skin that protected it from the lightning usually now trapped it within. It fried and burned, it's insides crisping while it's hide remained unmarked. Eventually the light show ended, and the creature collapsed before it's original prey. Dubiety shook his hands free of the remaining sparks, his gloves smoking.

"I think that'll do it, aye [member="Lark"] ?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom