Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Birth of Fire (Madeline)

In the Darkness there is Truth
"I imagine I don't want to know how you acquired this information, Ms Tanaka?"

"Probably not, Lady." What Lady Kerrigan didn't know, couldn't hurt her. "Suffice to say Archangel has been busy. They've been scouring the black market for Force artefacts. They'd already have plenty if they raided the Inquisitorial archives, as I assume they did."

The holographic apparition of the Lady flickered a bit. Perhaps some sort of interference. After all, they were light years away. "Droids can't use the Force. This is bizarre. You think they're abducting Forcers to serve them? Mirien said Madeline had Forcer camps on Atrisia."

"Well, strictly speaking droids can use the Force via shards, but that's another matter entirely. But that was one of my thoughts. There'd be a certain poetic irony if they wanted to use mages to help bring about the downfall of organics. But I have another suspicion."

"And that is?"

"Archangel craves control. Kidnapped Forcers would know a life outside of its iron embrace, unless they're very young. What if Archangel is...growing them?"

"Clones."

"The Atrisian Empire had a clone planet. Khomm. And Madeline is a master scientist."

"She 'created' a son. Cronos Aegir. The clone of a long-dead Jedi Master. His 'death' helped drive the queen over the edge."

The Atrisian raised an intrigued eyebrow. "Mirien has briefed you well."

Siobhan saw no reason to reveal that she knew this due to them sharing memories. That was need to know basis. "She's very, very efficient. You used Spaarti cylinders on Khomm, didn't you? Unless I'm mistaken, you've got to take great care and plenty of time to create healthy Spaarti clones properly, lest they go mad. Doubly so if it's Force Clones."

"Oh, yes. Most certainly. If were Skaldi I'd create a very small cadre. Two, three, to start. Put them in a sterilised, isolated environment, where they are cared for but pushed to excel. Feed them with propaganda to make them consider Archangel a force of good and despise its enemies."

[member="Phaedra Amaryllis"], [member="Illyria"]

"Yeah, same. But at least we know a bit more about what we're up against," Elpsis spoke quietly, trying to reassuring. It probably didn't work that well, but still points for effort. "Come on. I'm hungry and you're gonna neeed your strength."

Especially since Phaedra came in a fun sized package. Anyhow, a still quite groggy Enyo showered and washed, then headed out for breakfast. Presumably they'd get that sort of thing before once again being on the receiving end of Talsir's sink or swim style of training. Far above ground, a great storm was raging across the accursed world of Gehenna.

Illyria

The Pale Death of the Eldorai
[member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="Phaedra Amaryllis"]

Talsir would be waiting for them when they emerged. She did not greet them, but she did not scold them either. When they were finished she led them into the training room.
“We will move today to a trial of your non-dominant powers. You will require diversification if you are not to be destroyed.”

“Phaedra, you will demonstrate your telekinetic abilities.” She tossed the little redhead a couple of pieces of scrap metal.

“Enyo, you will show me what your mental abilities are like, if you have any.

If you do not have any yet then you will be taught. Relying on one skill only dooms you to failure.”

Phaedra wasn't looking forward to this. Talsir wasn't her favorite person. Well, her range of knowledge on people was slim, but still she didn't like this woman! A sigh escaped her lips as she heard was the Eldorai said. Telekinesis, she'd only done on an instinctual basis, when angry or defending herself from a massive amount of pain thanks to Empathy.

Slowly she ran her palm over her forehead and placed one hand on her hip as she glanced down to the pieces of scrap that had been tossed her way. "I .. telekinesis, I've only really used accidentally, or instinctively. I've not actively tried to make it happen." The last time against Enyo hadn't been pleasant. The redhead didn't exactly have the confidence to explore it that much on her own now.

Frowning she decided to sit down near the pieces of metal and attempt to lift them. The least she could do was try. She did her best to settle down. Her focus was on the pieces of metal, willing one of them to lift up into the air. Success didn't come. The metal just shuddered a little before it fell back into place, still as ever.

[member="Illyria"] | [member="Enyo Typhos"]

[member="Illyria"], [member="Phaedra Amaryllis"]

Talsir (or rather her writer) ought to know that Enyo had not received any mentalism training. Or rather no Force training in general.

"No, I don't have any," Enyo admitted. "You mean mind tricks and stuff?" She looked uncertain, watching Phaedra attempt to levitate the piece of metal. Enyo's command of telekinesis was just as unrefined and instinctual, so she'd struggle as well.

"Can you show me how to shield my mind?" Going nuts and hearing voices last night had spooked her a fair bit. Ironically, her counterpart had a history of getting mind raped a lot.

"Devious, monstrous, efficient. But you can only indoctrinate so much till it backfires. They are a genocidal cult of lunatics whose vision has no place for organics," Kerrigan remarked flatly. Disgust could be heard in her voice.

"Truly. I imagine they have similar failsafes as the Inquisition did. Madeline would be able to recreate them." Did this bring back memories of the day she woke up in the Citadel? Bound, collared and controlled. Perhaps.

"Archangel must be destroyed. I'm getting tired of hand-wringing and treating them as a legitimate company." Starting with their operations in Coalition space. Little did she know that the little cold war would soon come to head.

The Atrisian tilted her head to the side. "As I told Mirien, if Firemane goes up against Archangel, you have my complete support."

"They murdered family."

"Yes."

"Then we understand each other."

Illyria

"Yes, my child, I can show you," she said to Enyo. To Phaedra, "We have a lot of work before us, but together I will make you strong. When we are complete you will both be strong individually…but you will be even stronger together. I sense the bond between you, it gives you focus. I will make that bond like durasteel.”

To Enyo she said, “We will start with you….”

This writer suggests a time skip in order to pursue more interesting and inventive tales…such as the pair’s first true test.

Phaedra only nodded and sat back to watch Enyo and Talsir train together. For the moment, frustrated with her lack of talent and understanding of telekinesis. She sighed quietly and gave it another shot as she turned her attention to back to the piece of scrap to try and force it to move once more.

This writer believes it's time for a time skip as well.

[member="Illyria"], [member="Phaedra Amaryllis"]

This writer was once again left to wonder what they should post since there was little to respond to. At least the two girls would be going on a mission after a time skip instead of enduring another tedious training session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xYHsyCyDvs​

Anyhow, presumably Enyo received some instruction in how to protect her mind off-screen. One imagined that this was quite unpleasant and involved her being mind raped a bit. After all, that should toughen her up. This hurt her, but it was for her own good. She would have to surrender direct control. Or else the techniques of the evil witch Kerrigan would tear her apart.

Time passed, then it was time for the girls to go on their first adventure, for though conquered twice over, Gehenna had never been tamed. Manifold monsters still roamed the hellish planet, dark spirits lurked in the ruins of the Bando Gora city.

Illyria

And so time passed, and much of the mundane essentials of training were successful. So it was that now, over a month later, the clones were set for their first big adventure.

Meeting by the exit from the base into the underground tunnels, they would be given suits to wear and breathing masks.
“The underground sections are better than the surface, but you must keep these breath masks with you just in case,” Talsir commanded them.

“The areas we are going into are still rife with dangerous creatures spawning in the shadows. Your only allies are us three. Be warned, there are powerful illusions and other mind-twisting enchantment down here. Keep your mental barriers strong and your weapons handy.”

With those none-too-encouraging words, they began their trek.

Phaedra wasn't looking forward to the adventure. At least she had a few skills of note, now. Ones that would at least offer her some small protection down here. The suit, the mask seemed like a good thing. Though she tugged anxiously at the material on her body. It just didn't feel quite right on her.

"Oh, this sounds extremely fun." The sarcasm was more than a touch clear. "Define dangerous." She was slightly curious as to what they would find beneath the surface. Her weapons readily accessible and ready for use at a moment's notice.

Enyo was, as a matter of fact, more enthusiastic about the trip. Well, not in the sense that she was overflowing with enthusiasm and leaping out of joy about it, but she was in a better place mentally. Perhaps she'd inherited some of her counterpart's martial spirit, though she would undoubtedly not appreciate that comparison, no matter how apt it was. Maybe after all the lectures, training and days spent in confinement in the sterile environment of Archangel's space station, she was yearning for a fight. For a chance to actually do something.

Adversity would make her stronger. The visions had taught her that. Face obscured by a breath mask, body clad in a light combat suit, well-oiled bolt pistol on her hip. The gun felt heavy, yet also familiar. Reassuring. Same applied to the vibroblade. So she just gave Talsir a nod after she'd delivered her lecture. One that had been far from encouraging, but then Enyo was not looking for a pep talk.

"Dangerous as in Reavers, monsters and evil spirits who drive us nuts?" Tone not sarcastic, more matter-of-fact. She'd been reading up on Gehenna a bit during the time they'd stayed in Archangel's facility. Specifically about the twin exterminatii Kerrigan had carried out on the planet. Wherever you looked, the scars and detritus of those two battles were evident.

Illyria

[member="Phaedra Amaryllis"] [member="Enyo Typhos"]

Talsir chuckled humourlessly. “All of that, and more,” she said.

And so down into the abyss they went.

underground_cavern_by_mjthehunter-d35iwdm.jpg

Vast caverns stretched before them. Some were natural, carved by lava or water eons before, but others were artificial. Everywhere though was the sight of war. In places it would be as simple as a corroding piece of metal or a blaster mark in a wall. Elsewhere though rusted wreckage lay, and the bones of beasts bred by the Bando Gora had been left where they lay.

What would be most notable to all of them though was the psychic turmoil left imprinted on the Force. Though not much was visible to the eye, through the Force spectral sounds could be heard, the occasional glimpse of the fallen engaged in their final battle.

lotraotd.jpg

“You feel them, don’t you? The lost and the damned. Those who fell here became trapped, many of their spirits could never leave here.”

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

The two of them had an understanding, albeit a tentative one. No trust, but that was an unnecessary luxury. Trust implied absence of threat. Whatever else might be said about Kerrigan, she was dangerous. Only a fool would make the mistake of equating her brutal methods and blunt mannerisms with a brute. They met in person more than a month after their discussion via holocom.

Kerrigan's penthouse on the Skyport was suitably baroque and grandiose. Expensive tapestries and artwork decorated the walls. The Lady was reclining on a comfortable looking couch, her head propped up on an embroidered cushion while a Qadiri servant girl lay before her feet, massaged and kissed them. Kerrigan, sipping a glass of wine, evidently saw no need to order the girl out just because she had a guest.

She was kind enough to likewise provide Sumiko with a fawning masseuse. "Are you familiar with the Xioquo, Ms Tanaka?" She spoke in an aristocratic drawl. However, her tone fell short of the refinement of high breeding. Try as she might, her mannerisms betrayed her as an 'upstart from the gutters'. Not that Sumiko minded. She cared little for inbred, blue blood filth.

"I've yet to encounter them personally, but I've studied some of their creations. Primitive by the standards of modern alchemy, but still noteworthy. I hear they're the native equivalent of the Sith. The original species, that is," she added, a soft sigh of contenment escaping her throat when the slave girl massaged a particularly tense spot in her shoulder. The elf had very nimble fingers. "Before the Dark Jedi subjugated and intermingled with them. I also hear they've been a thorn in the Eldorai's side and you want to attack them."

Her eyes remained on the Lady, whose blood-red lips were lapping attention on a berry. There was something terribly lascivious about it. The casual decadence on display obscured the fact that the woman was a barely tamed predator, even though the white gown bedecked with gems made her looke like a peacock.

The Lady swallowed the berry and washed it down with a sip of wine. "You're well informed." Absentmindedly she petted the slave who was presently busy sucking on her toes. "I'll cut to the chase. I'm going to invade their land, defeat and conquer them." There was something rawly sexual about the way she purred these words. Something lewd, sensual and hungry. "Then I will bring them civilisation. Their technology is inferior to ours, but they have some tricks up their sleeve. Their magicks are very potent, much like those of the ancient Sith."

"Interesting. I take it this is a job offer, Lady? Sith magicks happen to be my expertise." Did the Lady know about some of her shadier dealings? She must have heard rumours, but didn't dig to deeply because Sumiko was useful. The Atrisian was well-aware what would happen the moment that changed. She was making her own preparations to deal with that scenario.

"Yes. You come highly recommended and I heard about your deeds on Midvinter. You'd be an asset and I'd compensated you well. Of course, I won't take kindly to failure - or betrayal." It amused Sumiko how this woman so easily slipped into the role of an Imperial warlord. It made her wonder how she fit in amongst the Jedi-dominated Coalition. It was probably largely an alliance of convenience, at least on Kerrigan's part. Then again, Jedi were blind and deluded.

The smile that graced Sumiko's lips was predatory. She raised her glass to her lips and took a sip. The wine was exquisite. "I believe we're past threats. You had my curiosity. Now you have my attention. Tell me more."

"Fantastic." Phae mumbled. This really wasn't something she liked the idea of, but it wasn't as if she had a choice really. Her eyes flicked about the cavern, expecting something to jump out at any moment and knowing their luck it would.

And just like that, she could start to feel the spirits of those who had perished here. "It's hard not to feel them." She said softly. In the distance rustling could be heard. Something certainly was in here.

[member="Enyo Typhos"] | [member="Illyria"]

Enyo steeled herself and tried to remain calm in the face of the horror they beheld. But revulsion, disgust and pity washed over her instantly. At first they were not visible to the naked eye, but then she could see their spectral shapes.

Here an Omegan soldier kept on fighting a Reaver, there an Angelii and a Bando Gora Acolyte who was little more than a child did battle. All were locked in an eternal dance of death, hatred and fear as they fought a battle that had ended years ago. For they were trapped in this horrible peace and could not find peace.

"They're all trapped...because of her." More a statement than a question. It boggled the mind how anyone could subject someone to such a horrible fate. Even the Bando Gora monsters didn't deserve this.

However, then suddenly something changed. Many of the spirits stopped clashing with their spectral weapons. Instead they turned on the interlopers. To be specific, they focused on Enyo. "Why?" one cried out. It was an Omegan marine.

"What? What's happening?" Enyo sounded confused and a bit afraid, looking towards Talsir. However, then a spirit grabbed her by the shoulder. Try as she might, she could not dislodge its grip. Its fingers were chilly and a cold shiver ran down her spine.

"We fought for you. We gave our lives for Omega. Why did you trap us here?"

"I'm sorry...it wasn't me. I'm not her. I didn't..."

"Liar! I see you in her face! The Kerrigan. The Destroyer. You killed me." This came from an enraged Bando Gora cultist.

"And me. You sent us on a death charge. For what? For your own personal glory."

"Why can't we find peace?"

"Why do you get to live?"

"Kerrigan doesn't deserve to live. She's a monster. But I'm not...it's not my fault!"

Her words were seemingly drowned out by the chorus of voices as they rose to a crescendo. More and more spirits were surrounding the three. All of them focused on the increasingly frightened Kerrigan clone. "You'll share our fate." Their hatred was so strong that it was palpable, like a physical force amplified by the energies of the darkside nexus. Bando Gora and Omegan joined forces as they turned on their supposed tormentor. "The dead do not suffer the living to pass."

Illyria

Talsir laughed mirthlessly. “Pathetic. The spirits of this place are cloying, miserable, existing purely for revenge.”

She stepped forward to Enyo, ignoring the spirits.

“And yet, there is power in them. Power you can claim. Phaedra, come here and help your sister. Focus on the ghosts, both of you. Feel them in the Force, feel the threads which bind them. Now…consume them,” she ordered grimly.

“Take their pain, take their guilt. Do not feel oppressed by them, Enyo. Use their hate to fuel your hate. Use their strength to add to yours. Phaedra, you do the same. Feast on the spirits and use their strength.”

Phaedra certainly didn't like this as she could feel the turmoil and emotions of those that had passed here. Those feelings only intensified as the spirits came into her view, appearing from the air itself. She had little clue what to do with them or how to combat them until Talsir spoke. She moved towards Enyo, worried concerned as they turned towards her sister.

Swallowing hard, she reached out, fingers touching a spirit near her. Pulling on the force, she started to work to draw the being's energy into her own body, to allow it to strengthen her. The first spirit cried out, as if in pain. Soon enough it faded into nothingness, gone like smoke in a breeze. It's emotions sank into her body as did it's energies. The first one had been a challenge but soon the redhead reached for the next, trying to gather what power she could. Turning to another spirit she repeated the process again. And again. Spirits faded and more appeared.

Soon enough she felt so much power coursing through her body that she felt she could actually attack the beings themselves. Looking for her next target she lashed out. A blast of power eradicated a couple of ghosts at once, leaving only the tiniest traces of them hanging in the air, fading away.

"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

"The dead do not suffer the living to pass!"

"Traitor!"

"I had a wife and children! I'll never see them again because of you!"

"You don't deserve to live!"

The voices were like a overpowering, massive crescendo, a chorus of despair, anger and hatred that rose up to the heavens. It seemed that the walls and the roof of the mountain were shaking through the sheer force, as if they'd been struck by tremors. Enyo felt cold, very cold. The spectral hands gripping her chilled her spine. She struggled to breathe, let alone think.

The intense feelings of anger and hatred resonated through her mind, beating against it. She felt a surge of intense anger wash over her like. It wasn't her fault that the spirits suffered like this! It was Kerrigan's. She wanted to destroy her, but she also wanted the pain to stop.

"Set us free!"

"We worshipped you...and you never came." Ironically it was cries of Bando Gora cultists that broke the spell. The acolytes wanted release. As Enyo was slowly pulled out of her daze, she heard Talsir's words and saw Phaedra strike against the spirits. Talsir's words told her what to do, but they offered more than just practical. They provided her with permission. Absolution.

“And yet, there is power in them. Power you can claim. Phaedra, come here and help your sister. Focus on the ghosts, both of you. Feel them in the Force, feel the threads which bind them. Now…consume them."

"I'm sorry for what happened to you," Enyo said feelingly, with emotion. But then her expression turned blank and her voice cold. "I shall release you." Some of the Omegan spirits seemed to realise what she intended. One of them backed away with fear.

"No, no, we won't be your dinner. We won't be your pawns ever again!" The Omegan charged her with a spectral sword, but then Enyo lashed out. Energy crackled across the palm of her hand, then leapt from it in a burst of crimson. The spirit never got around to hewing her down with her spectral sword, for she was suddenly gripped by the eldritch tendrils of darkside energy.

"I will release you all, and kill her." The spirit struggled against the dark power and Enyo felt the painful throbbing that heralded a headache form in the back of her head, but she persisted. Beads of sweat dripped down her face and back, but once she gave in and stopped doubting herself, it was all so easy. Perhaps the ambient energies of the darkside nexus were her ally in this, but she pulled upon the tether of life and death. The spirit flickered, then faded away, as its power, memories and emotions were absorbed by her.

Soon the spirit was gone and she was left panting, breathing heavily. It had been a trying experience, but she felt herself growing...hungrier. Her eyes were the darkest night, fathomless obsidian pools that swirled with power, anger and desire. "Free us! Destroy the False Goddess!" one maddened Bando Gora spirit cried out, surrendering to the embrace of death when she consumed him.

Again and again, Enyo fed, gourging herself. She grew more tired with each spirit she devoured, yet also stronger. It was like an ecstatic rush. Their memories and experiences flooded her mind. Above all, she felt their hatred. Each of them carried a piece of Gehenna inside them, a memory of horrors and suffering. Again and again, she fed. Some spirits tried to flee, but a blast of the Force obliterated them.

Illyria

“Good…good. Drink deep of their torment and let it fuel you. Let their strength mingle with your own.”

Soon the cave was empty of spirits.

“Places where terrible things happen retain an aura. You can feel it here. Bodies decay and over time the signs of battle fade, but only slowly do the spirits do so.”

“Here Kerrigan won a great victory here, though you can see the path of glory is liberally mingled with the corpses of the common and lowly. To some the march of history grinds people down to nothing, a means to an end.”

They moved on a bit, but now the pair had consumed so many spirits they were starting to see what those consumed had seen. Many saw The Kerrigan, but there was also another figure, a redheaded figure with many strange animals at her side. Would Phaedra recognise her at such a distance? Would Enyo? Or would they focus on Siobhan Kerrigan’s ghostly form leading the ghosts to eternal victory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom